Home Sports Talk

Official Houston Texans Thread

Comments

• AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    And he responded to your comment about mario.

Seems perfectly on topic to me!
  • We can't talk about Marrio Williams here?

<< <i>We can't talk about Marrio Williams here? >>

No one shall DARE to criticize texans ownership or say that Bush would have been the better pick!

• stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Texans win image

Battle Red Day and a 10 pt spread?

PHFT!!!!

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    The Texans really turned it up in the fourth quarter against a good Jacksonville team which has looked brilliant at times.

That's the polar opposite from what the Dom Capers teams did. A Dom Capers team would have went ultraconservative, have nothing but three-and-outs and play a prevent defense entering the fourth quarter with a lead...which is why the Capers teams usually lost the game.

Carr was solid -- not spectacular, but "managed" the game well and made good decisions and no big mistakes.
  • BIG win for the Texans today. This should lift the future hopes of this squad. Suprised the hell outta me I'll tell you. Stown, try this one out next time for tailgating(trust me, it's amazingly good; personal recipe)
    In a crockpot combine;
    1 whole turkey breast
    1 24-27ounce can of Suakraut(or bag, doesn't matter; don't drain)
    2 cans/longnecks of brew(add 1 in beginning, save 1 for last hour of cooktime)
    Spice how you like(I prefer to make it spicy; heres what I add)
    Season Salt
    Cayenne
    Black Pepper
    Texas Pete
    Trader Joes Pasta Season Blend
    Lemon Pepper seasoning
    1 peeled and sliced lime and lemon(take off skin, then I grate the outer skin and throw out the pithe)
    1 large Onion(I use vidalia, that I pre-sauteed with worsterchire and olive oil)

I'm telling you, this is a great meal on the weekend. Either in a sammich or straight on a plate or bowl you'll be suprised how great turkey and saurkraut work out. I made it on a samwich one time(hey. I was wasted and it was there) and then did a batch similar to the recipe I just gave you 2 weeks ago. AMAZING. The Saukraut elimanate the "gameness" of the turkey and in my opinion it's much better than the tradition pairing of saurkraut and pork chops.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
    I'll give it a try sometime but not while tailgating. That's saved for grilling stuff image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seemed like quite a few empty seats there -- corporate owned no-shows?

<< <i>Seemed like quite a few empty seats there -- corporate owned no-shows? >>

The pictures are somewhat misleading. Between being fashionably late and leaving early to miss traffic, the stadium was about 85% full.

I don't know why people waste tickets image
  • nice win guys!! hopefully you keep it up too..i hate the colts!! lol
    currently trying to complete these sets! any help is appreciated!!

2003 SPx Football
    2006 Topps Allen and Ginter

Joe Nuxhall cards, graded or raw

Bengals!
    Think those seats would have been empty if the texans had drafted Reggie Bush?

I doubt it.
    Funny how just 10 months ago, I was celebrating Young and today, I want the snot knocked out of him. Having said that, I only want this two happen twice a year (unless we ever face them in the playoffs).

Oh well image

GO TEXANS! image
  • softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    town,

not to look past the Bucs because they have been playing well lately ... but .... YOU are next on the sked for BIG BLUE!

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

<< <i>town,

not to look past the Bucs because they have been playing well lately ... but .... YOU are next on the sked for BIG BLUE! >>

Someone is going to have a brain aneurysm because she won't know who to cheer against image
    Today would have been an awesome day to tailgate. Bright blue skies, a nice cool breeze, and no humidity... I mean it's perfect cooking weather.

Since we have a birthday for a friend's daughter at 3, we aren't going to a sports bar to cheer on the home team. Instead, a couple of friends are coming over and I decided to make my famous chili cheese hotdogs.

Let them sit in the oven for about 30 - 45 minutes (just enough time to get a nice buzz going) and they come out perfect-o image

Go home team image
  • who is this wali lundy kid, he keeps dominating.
    hahah

another loss for the pathetic texans! Go go sage rosenfels!

Vince Young showed why the texans should have chosen him over mario!

• << <i>hahah

Vince Young showed why the texans should have chosen him over mario! >>

they have the same record as the bucs... You forget this though right?

<< <i>

<< <i>hahah

they have the same record as the bucs... You forget this though right? >>

This I know, but the Bucs schedule is among the toughest in all of football.

The titans are among the worst teams in football...the texans should have beaten them.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>hahah

they have the same record as the bucs... You forget this though right? >>

This I know, but the Bucs schedule is among the toughest in all of football.

The titans are among the worst teams in football...the texans should have beaten them. >>

The texans don't have a cake walk either, either way, they are both in the cellar and all people will look at is records, and lets not forget, the bucs didn't even score a touch down till week 3

<< <i>
    The texans don't have a cake walk either, either way, they are both in the cellar and all people will look at is records, and lets not forget, the bucs didn't even score a touch down till week 3 >>

Losing to a terrible titans team is inexcusable.

The bucs have played the following teams (with their record this year after)

Baltimore (5-2)
    Atlanta (5-2)
    Carolina (4-4)
    New Orleans (5-2)
    Cincy (4-3)
    Philly (4-4)
    NY Giants (5-2)

Combined: 28-19

I don't think there are many teams who have played as brutal a schedule as this.
  • i agree with you on the tough schedule but its stupid to say that one team should never lose to another! this is professional football. any team can go out any week and pull out a W.. everyone has the potential its all about puttin it together that week, lets remember the undefeated colts only beat the 'terrible titans' as you call them by 1 point!! any given suday man!

aaron
    currently trying to complete these sets! any help is appreciated!!

2003 SPx Football
    2006 Topps Allen and Ginter

Joe Nuxhall cards, graded or raw

Bengals!

<< <i>i agree with you on the tough schedule but its stupid to say that one team should never lose to another! this is professional football. any team can go out any week and pull out a W.. everyone has the potential its all about puttin it together that week, lets remember the undefeated colts only beat the 'terrible titans' as you call them by 1 point!! any given suday man!

aaron >>

The point is the colts, playing their worst game of the year, still won.

• yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭
    Oh booo freakin whooooo.....If the Bucs were any good, their schedule wouldnt matter. They would have more wins than losses. And last week can thank their lucky stars for the win against Philly.
    Thank you for proving, once again, that you are a complete moron, Tinkberbell image

• << <i>

<< <i>
    The texans don't have a cake walk either, either way, they are both in the cellar and all people will look at is records, and lets not forget, the bucs didn't even score a touch down till week 3 >>

Losing to a terrible titans team is inexcusable.

The bucs have played the following teams (with their record this year after)

Baltimore (5-2)
    Atlanta (5-2)
    Carolina (4-4)
    New Orleans (5-2)
    Cincy (4-3)
    Philly (4-4)
    NY Giants (5-2)

Combined: 28-19

I don't think there are many teams who have played as brutal a schedule as this. >>

The Giants have, and have come out of it 5-2

Colts(7-0)
    Eagles(4-4)
    Seahawks(4-3)
    Redskins(2-5)
    Falcons(5-2)
    Cowboys(4-3)
    Bucs(2-5)
    Combined: 28-22
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
    stown-

when I want your opinion, I'll give it to you, douchebag.

topps-

28-22, with 2 2-5 teams is vastly different than 28-19 with every team .500 or better.
    wow! HUUUUUGGGGEEEEE difference!! image

<< <i>stown-

when I want your opinion, I'll give it to you, douchebag. >>

Dope.
    Yeah, what the heck does THAT mean? image

<< <i>wow! HUUUUUGGGGEEEEE difference!! image >>

Well it's apparent you don't know crapola about anything...stownie, what did I tell you? Pipe down, princess.
    It's apparent that I can count numbers and you can't! LMAO image

<< <i>It's apparent that I can count numbers and you can't! LMAO image >>

Then you should see TWO 2-5 teams on the schedule, while the Bucs have played no one with worse than a .500 record.

Damn this is easy...don't you have an afternoon nap you're missing?
    Awwww...aint that sweet...Axhole knows my schedule HAHAHA

Overall record...so you put your Bucs as one of the crap teams someone else can play...after all of your BS on these boards about the Bucs.

Keep going Axhole...it's incredible how you can make yourself look more and more and more dumb. There has to be a bottom of this pit somewhere!

<< <i>Awwww...aint that sweet...Axhole knows my schedule HAHAHA

Overall record...so you put your Bucs as one of the crap teams someone else can play...after all of your BS on these boards about the Bucs. >>

What are you talking about crackhead? I didn't say they were 'crap', I simply pointed out their record...good god man do you always have this much trouble with reading comprehension?

<< <i>Keep going Axhole...it's incredible how you can make yourself look more and more and more dumb. There has to be a bottom of this pit somewhere! >>

I am sure you know all about pits, after all, don't you still live in mommy's basement?
    You must have bought a new shovel! Keep diggin!
  • <<AXHOLE>>image

<< <i><<AXHOLE>>image >>

Wow, so original.

Don't you have some buy/sell threads to spam up with more of your crap?
    Perhaps if you spent more time cheering your bandwagon teams rather than bashing others, they wouldn't be as miserable as they are, Twinkerbell image
  • Giants will beat Houston next week. Carr/Rosenfels will be pressured a lot and I don't see Houston putting up many points on the Giants.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff

<< <i>Giants will beat Houston next week. Carr/Rosenfels will be pressured a lot and I don't see Houston putting up many points on the Giants. >>

That very well could happen. Having said that, I'm still going to cheer my home team, cook up some good grub, and enjoy the game with my friends image

Good luck NYG fans.
  • Hell yeah, that's how it's supposed to be. I'll be at home since up here in DC it's heathenistic to have any NY Giants games on at the local pubs. But I have a HD bigscreen so I'm covered in that department. Get a couple cases of Yuenglings and I'll be good to go.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff

<< <i>Perhaps if you spent more time cheering your bandwagon teams rather than bashing others, they wouldn't be as miserable as they are, Twinkerbell image >>

I think you're the bandwagon rider here, moron..either that, or you've only been following football for a few years. Why else would you abandon the hometown oilers? I think you saw greener grass with the texans and threw in the towel. That, or you've only been watching football for a few years. Either way, YOU'RE PATHETIC.

Now, get back under that bed!

<< <i>

<< <i>Perhaps if you spent more time cheering your bandwagon teams rather than bashing others, they wouldn't be as miserable as they are, Twinkerbell image >>

I think you're the bandwagon rider here, moron..either that, or you've only been following football for a few years. Why else would you abandon the hometown oilers? I think you saw greener grass with the texans and threw in the towel. That, or you've only been watching football for a few years. Either way, YOU'RE PATHETIC.

Now, get back under that bed! >>

Do you even read what you type, Tinkerbell?

imageimageimageimageimage
    Do you, dipchit?

Look, you've been a 'fan' of football for no more than 4 years...if it had been longer, you'd be a fan of the oilers/titans.

Thanks for clearing that up.

<< <i>Do you, dipchit?

Look, you've been a 'fan' of football for no more than 4 years...if it had been longer, you'd be a fan of the oilers/titans.

Thanks for clearing that up. >>

Okay, Twinkerbell, whatever you say.

You're a fan of a team that's been in existence 4 years.

You call others 'bandwagon fans'.

You, sir, are a hypocrite.

<< <i>You're a fan of a team that's been in existence 4 years.

You call others 'bandwagon fans'.

You, sir, are a hypocrite. >>

Okay, Twinkerbell, whatever you say.

• WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    You're a fan of a team that's been in existence 4 years.

What does that have to do with anything? Perhaps he was a fan of a team in another state and when a team was formed from where he lives he devoted himself to that franchise. i swear axtell somtimes you just blab out statements without thinking first.

steve
    Good for you.

<< <i>What does that have to do with anything? >>

He's the first to cry 'bandwagon!' but it's most apparent he's the very epitome of a 'bandwagoner'.

<< <i>Perhaps he was a fan of a team in another state and when a team was formed from where he lives he devoted himself to that franchise. i swear axtell somtimes you just blab out statements without thinking first.
    >>

Do you even read what YOU write? He's a 'fan' of the HOUSTON texans...do you remember, there was a team LONG, LONG before that called the OILERS.

Good lord this is as easy as fishing with dynamite.