Home Sports Talk

Official Houston Texans Thread

stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
Well okay then...

Currently 2-1 in the preseason and looking to improve from last year image

Next up are the Bucs on Thursday night but unfortunately, most of our starters will not play because of Sunday's game. It's frustrating from a season ticket holder knowing this going in... We are forced to purchase pre-season games at regular season prices and watch 2nd - 4th stringer play the entire game.

Oh well, at least I get to fire up the grill, drink some cold beer, and cheer on the home team in my seats image
So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

Comments

• I image U Arod-cakes.

I image U T.O. - cakes.

Love,
    Axtell

Sorry, couldn't resist.

• joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭

Take your right place!

JS
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image

Take your right place!

JS >>

You are absolutely correct, JS. Last year we were at the bottom and are now looking to go up while taking it one step at a time.

Brilliant image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    /yawn

Wake me when the texans are picking Brady Quinn next year.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats up with Domanick Davis? Will he go on the IR? or get cut? Walli Lundy seems like he secured the # 1 RB spot.

Im hoping for a bounce back season from Andre Johnson, I grabbed him late in my draft.

<< <i>Whats up with Domanick Davis? Will he go on the IR? or get cut? Walli Lundy seems like he secured the # 1 RB spot.

Im hoping for a bounce back season from Andre Johnson, I grabbed him late in my draft. >>

It's not the same knee that kept him out last year. While there is speculation by the media he will get cut, I doubt it. He can't be put on the PUP list because he passed the physical before training camp. In my opinion, worst case he gets put on the IR..

In regards to Lundy, the dude has some serious talent for only being a 6th rounder out of VIR. He and Morency are a great 1-2 punch image

Interesting story about Lundy. You have to be a subscriber, so I'll post the article in full:

A hard-knock life
    August 18, 2006
    By Jim Carley
    Special to HoustonTexans.com

As Wali Lundy cut back into the end zone in his first-ever professional football game last Saturday, the crowd at Reliant Stadium erupted. The fans are just now finding out how special Lundy can be.

His family has known for many years. Lundy lived more trials and tribulations before he reached high school than some people experience in a lifetime.

The running back from the University of Virginia taken in the sixth round by the Texans had life piled on life before he was old enough to know what the word meant. His father died of a stroke when he was three and his mother died of cancer when he was six.

Lundy went to live with his grandparents, and when he was 13, his grandfather died.

“Death was really a mystery to me then,” Lundy said. “I had a lot of aunts and my grandparents who tried to explain everything to me that was going on. They just wrapped a lot of love around me and my brothers. They definitely saved my life.

“It was prayer man. My family will pray you up and they’ll pray you down. Prayer just got me through it.”

Then Lundy contracted an intestinal blockage that nearly killed him.

“Everything I would eat would come back up,” Lundy said. “I lost about 30 or 40 pounds. At one point, the doctor said I had only about another week to live.

“Luckily, one doctor decided to do an x-ray on my stomach and he found the blockage. They put an emergency tube in my stomach to get a lot of bad toxins out of it.”

The next year, Lundy had recovered enough to stand out on the football field. He went on to become a two-time All-State performer and a prep All-American at Holy Cross High in New Jersey.

He credits much of his early success to the tough times he endured.

“It made me mature a little faster than some other kids had to mature,” said Lundy, who is one of only three players ever to account for more than 50 touchdowns in the Atlantic Coast Conference. “But everybody’s different. Everybody has a different character and lives through things differently. A lot of people have been through worse things than I’ve been through.”

After rushing for a game-high 59 yards against the Chiefs last week, the Texans also were talking about his maturity. Coach Gary Kubiak wasn’t at all surprised by Lundy’s good game.

“I expected him to play pretty good,” Kubiak said. “He handles himself like a professional. He’s had a great camp and nothing’s too big for him. I was pretty impressed with him.”

Kubiak thinks Lundy has grasped the system quickly.

“He got off to a good start and got going, but I really liked his vision, I like the way he finished his runs with his pads up the field,” Kubiak said. “In the red zone, I liked the way he ran the ball. It takes a lot of people to run the football. It takes a bit of luck with these blitzes sometimes, and we got a little bit last night.”

Have the Texans found the next Terrell Davis?

“I know as a coach when you’ve seen it happen and you’ve been around it happening, it’s not that you expect it, but you know it can happen,” Kubiak said. “When you watch a guy work for two weeks, and the way you’ve worked, and the way he’s practiced, you say it’s not going to go away when he comes onto the field. If they do it across the street, they’ll do it when we come into this stadium, and he’s (Lundy) been doing it over there every day and doing some good stuff.

“It wasn’t a big surprise, and now he has to continue to get better. I mentioned he had a blitz protection, and he had to step up and pick up the Mike linebacker, and he got rolled pretty good. There are just so many phases he has to go through. I think he’s a young man with a lot of class and character that plans on getting there, so I’m looking forward to watching him.”

Lundy knew he had boosted his stock with the first-game performance.

“I feel like I played a good game, but I felt like I still need some work,” he said. “There were some things that I did out on the field that maybe people didn’t see, but I notice and I just need to keep working hard.

“I made some good cuts out there and I did play well on special teams. There were some blitz pickups that I probably should have stepped up more and obviously the dropped pass that I had out there by myself, but you can’t catch them all.”

Lundy says he’s ready for whatever life throws at him now. And he welcomes the challenge.

“I live by the phrase whatever doesn’t kill you will only you make you stronger,” Lundy said. “And every little thing in this life and every big thing in this life happens for a reason. You’ve just got to build character off of that.

“That’s what I want to do. You see a lot of people grow up without their parents and out there just doing whatever. I want to be an inspiration to some kids who maybe don’t have the best life growing up that there’s still ways for you to succeed.”

EDITOR'S NOTE: Jim Carley is a veteran Houston sportswriter who has covered the NFL for more than 25 years. He has worked for such newspapers as the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, The Houston Post, the Los Angeles Herald-Examiner and the National Sports Daily covering such teams as the Dallas Cowboys, the Houston Oilers, the Los Angeles Rams and the Oakland Raiders.
    Now you've been reduced to bragging about 6th round wide receivers?

<< <i>Now you've been reduced to bragging about 6th round wide receivers?

image >>

He's a RB and please stop harassing me. This is your final notice.
    Harrassing you by posting in threads?

Harrassing you like you calling me tinkerbell whenever you address me?

As you like to say, pot meet kettle.

<< <i>Harrassing you by posting in threads?

Harrassing you like you calling me tinkerbell whenever you address me?

As you like to say, pot meet kettle. >>

Please stop attempting to derail and hijack this thread. As we discussed in the other thread you attempted to derail:

<< <i>

<< <i>stownie-

you claim to be a texans fan, but have you started a single thread about them? Oh wait, they are destined for another cellar dwelling year due to ineptness on every level of the franchise. >>

Why must you derail every single thread, Tinkerbell?

And I have to create a Texans thread just to prove my fan-status? Do you mean like the two "official" Ms threads you created only to neglect them a few weeks later?

Fine, I will image If you attempt to derail, start a flame war, or any type of harassment, it will be reported. You have been given fair notice image >>

<< <i>
    Why must you derail every single thread, Tinkerbell? >>

<< <i>Don't mind Tinkerbell, she's all bark and no bite >>

<< <i>Fine, I will image If you attempt to derail, start a flame war, or any type of harassment, it will be reported. You have been given fair notice image >>

>>

I say, sir, you have no grounds for any type of 'report'.

Tailgate Menu for tomorrow night:

2 LBs of beef and 2LBs of chicken, marinated in DL Jardine's 7J marinade with onions, jalapenos, garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper.

A bowl of homemade guacamole with red onions, cilantro, and other secret ingredients image

3 12-packs: 1 Bud Light, 1 Shiner, and 1 heineken

All getting happy-happy in my fridge this very moment. The kitchen smells soooooooooo good image

To anyone and everyone else going to see their home team play this week, here's to you image
    Well you learn something new every day. Chrissy Simms has a tattoo on his ankle... Not a symbol, cartoon, frat, or even his girlfriend's name.

It's Texan's WR Coach Kyle Shanahan's initials image

Said Chrissy, "We're best friends, and we'll be best friends for life,".

OMG! BFFL!

Uh.... Okay.... Not something a guy should be bragging about so.... Good for you?

Link
    'Chrissy'?

He's still a better QB than Carr could ever hope to be, and your petty jealousy of everything Bucs is apparent.

Perhaps someday your team will achieve .500 status - don't hold your breath.

<< <i>'Chrissy'?

He's still a better QB than Carr could ever hope to be, and your petty jealousy of everything Bucs is apparent.

Perhaps someday your team will achieve .500 status - don't hold your breath. >>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's funny, Tinkerbell image

And perhaps someday "your" (snickers) team will achieve .500 status one day image

183-284-1 .392%

Back on topic...

Headed out to the game in T-3 hours image

<< <i>
    183-284-1 .392%
    >>

18-46 for the texans, .281

hahahahahahahahahaha

OWNED!

And I guess the preseason games are worth getting worked up for when you have no postseason hopes.
    "Perhaps someday your team will achieve .500 status - don't hold your breath." says the alleged fan of a .392% team.

Now please, Tinkerbell, stop trying to flame and hijack this thread.
    The Bucs have had plenty of seasons over .500, the texans have yet to have a season of .500 or better.

<< <i>The Bucs have had plenty of seasons over .500, the texans have yet to have a season of .500 or better. >>

10 in 30 years, oh my! Yeah, that's something to brag about image

Have fun watching the game at home and by yourself, Tinkerbell image
    I'll take 10/30 over ZERO/four, especially when that zero team has no hopes of getting to .500 anytime soon.

Enjoy getting worked up over the preseason there princess, we all know that come week one, the texans will be on the clock.

Texans 16 Bucs 13

imageimageimageimageimageimage

<< <i>Texans 16 Bucs 13

imageimageimageimageimageimage >>

hahah look who's getting worked up over a friggin preseason game!

Even more over a game in which starters didn't play...I guess if you were in a league full of reserves you should have hope.

Comedy!
    This just in:

DAVID BOSTON IS A BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JS
  • ^^
    It's crazy what HGH will do huh?
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
    And now the reality sets in for the 3 texans fans left in the world: the regular season begins.

The days of winning games over playoff contenders are over, and the thought of even sniffing .500 goes buh bye.

Back to the cellar, texans!

<< <i>^^
    It's crazy what HGH will do huh? >>

what? It doesn't make you catch the ball? Its doesn't make your sight super? It won't cause you to run a route perfectly?

Sincerely,
    Barry Bonds
    Look at the bitter Bucs "fan" image

We all know had they won, you would have posted non-stop about the game. But since you lost, it was a meaningless game. So typical...

Now please, stop trying to hijack and derail this thread going forward.

Back on topic...

I don't recall anyone, of any team, talking up a preseason win other than you, princess.

But when you're a fan of the hapless and hopeless texans, you go for whatever you can get.

<< <i>I don't recall anyone, of any team, talking up a preseason win other than you, princess.

But when you're a fan of the hapless and hopeless texans, you go for whatever you can get. >>

Please stop flaming this thread, Tinkerbell. Go resurrect one of your numerous Ms threads or make a Bucs one, so you can showcase your bandwagon jumping abilities.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation, Tinkerbell image

<< <i>
    Please stop flaming this thread, Tinkerbell. Go resurrect one of your numerous Ms threads or make a Bucs one, so you can showcase your bandwagon jumping abilities.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation, Tinkerbell image >>

hahaha

Pot, kettle?

<< <i> Look at the bitter Bucs "fan"

We all know had they won, you would have posted non-stop about the game. But since you lost, it was a meaningless game. So typical... >>

You whine and cry about 'flaming' yet can't stand not to do it yourself.

Like I said, only a texans fan would get worked up about a preseason game...but then, when you own the league's worst franchise history winning percentage at .281, you gotta boast every chance you get.

<< <i>

<< <i>

Thank you in advance for your cooperation, Tinkerbell image >>

hahaha

Pot, kettle?

<< <i> Look at the bitter Bucs "fan"

We all know had they won, you would have posted non-stop about the game. But since you lost, it was a meaningless game. So typical... >>

You whine and cry about 'flaming' yet can't stand not to do it yourself.

Like I said, only a texans fan would get worked up about a preseason game...but then, when you own the league's worst franchise history winning percentage at .281, you gotta boast every chance you get. >>

Tinkerbell, for the x time, please stop flaming this thread. If you have nothing to add other than attempted insults, please don't bother posting here.

Back on topic...

PHI is next. I'll be there bright and early, cooking up some good food, drinking cold beer, and cheering my home team image
    Who's flaming? I'm simply bringing the truth.

The texans stink. They will be vying for the #1 overall draft pick again this year.

And why do you feel it's ok to 'insult' me yet get your panties in a bunch over someone calling out your pathetic franchise?

<< <i>Who's flaming? I'm simply bringing the truth.

The texans stink. They will be vying for the #1 overall draft pick again this year.

And why do you feel it's ok to 'insult' me yet get your panties in a bunch over someone calling out your pathetic franchise? >>

Yeah, you have barked the same thing at least 100 times. Put your avatar where your yapping mouth is or zip it, Tinkerbell.

.281 franchise winning percentage!

hahahaha

Let's get worked up over a meaningless preseason game, since our team stinks!

<< <i>.281 franchise winning percentage!

hahahaha

Let's get worked up over a meaningless preseason game, since our team stinks! >>

I have repeatedly asked you to stop the harassment, flaming, insults, etc. If you continue attempting to hijack and derail this thread, I will forward it to carolj.

So for the last time, please stop.
    From the 'flame' and 'derail' department:

<< <i>Don't mind Tinkerbell, she's all bark and no bite

Well you learn something new every day. Chrissy Simms has a tattoo on his ankle...

That's funny, Tinkerbell

And perhaps someday "your" (snickers) team will achieve .500 status one day

183-284-1 .392%

10 in 30 years, oh my! Yeah, that's something to brag about

Have fun watching the game at home and by yourself, Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell, for the x time, please stop flaming this thread

Put your avatar where your yapping mouth is or zip it, Tinkerbell.

>>

Finally, this:

<< <i>
    I have repeatedly asked you to stop the harassment, flaming, insults, etc. If you continue attempting to hijack and derail this thread, I will forward it to carolj. >>

In this thread, you have called me 'tinkerbell' countless times, you have 'don't mind tinkerbell' in your signature line so you 'insult' me every time you post, you have done as much flaming as anyone, and yet you are going to go crying to a mod over it?

How exactly will you defend your countless barbs you've thrown my way? I went ahead and consolidated them into one easy section for them to ponder.
    Nice pics. Domanick Davis is all done, placed on the IR.
    Charles Rodgers needs a job.
    No room with Johnson and Moulds
    1) Ask any UT fan what Simms' first name is and 9 out of 10 will say Chrissy. This was because of the rivalry between him and Applewhite but that's another topic.
    2) In regards to me calling you Tinkerbell, I've offered to take it down with a sincere apology and admitting to flip-flopping from you. Last time I offered you this, you responded with (Link):

"damn dude.

first, there's nothing to repent for.
    second, even if there were, I sure as (word that circumvents bad word filter) wouldn't do it to you, you mindless, soulless troll.

Now, GTF out of here and go play in some traffic."

3) I have said everything that you quoted me in response to your constant flame-war attempts on this thread. You have constantly instigated on this thread while I have repeatedly and politely requested that you stop. It's all here in order for everyone to see and no need in cherry-picking quotes out of context image

For the last time, if you don't have anything to add here other than insults, flame-wars, name calling, harassment, etc., please leave this thread alone. If you do it just one more time, I promise that the thread will be PMed to carol.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

<< <i>1) Ask any UT fan what Simms' first name is and 9 out of 10 will say Chrissy. This was because of the rivalry between him and Applewhite but that's another topic. >>

So what's this have to do with you? You bring up an unrelated topic, flaming the Buc's QB in the process, then whine and complain about *my* flaming?

<< <i>2) In regards to me calling you Tinkerbell, I've offered to take it down with a sincere apology and admitting to flip-flopping from you. >>

I have nothing to apologize for, dope. Get a clue dipchit.

<< <i>Now, GTF out of here and go play in some traffic." >>

Good idea...why don't you go do that?

<< <i>3) I have said everything that you quoted me in response to your constant flame-war attempts on this thread. You have constantly instigated on this thread while I have repeatedly and politely requested that you stop. It's all here in order for everyone to see and no need in cherry-picking quotes out of context image >>

I posted what YOU posted...doesn't matter the context nimrod. If you really wanted a flame free thread, then you wouldn't have responded this way. You can't help but want to play the whole 'do as I say, not as I do' game. Grow up and get over me already.

<< <i>For the last time, if you don't have anything to add here other than insults, flame-wars, name calling, harassment, etc., please leave this thread alone. If you do it just one more time, I promise that the thread will be PMed to carol. >>

PM it to her...I am sure she'll be interested to hear how you want insult-free, flame free threads, but yet do exactly what you claim you don't want in your thread.

<< <i>Thank you in advance for your cooperation. >>

Please PM it to her, so she can see what a hypocritical tool you are.
  • image where does he get all these one liners love the fictional tough guy acts. didn't that use to be called little man syndrome
  • It still is. You know, the little guy in your group of friends that talks all the chit than expects his boys to fight for him, hahahaha. Luckily for me, I am the smallest guy; and at 6'1 and 180 I'm not that small at all, until you look at my group of friends. Where most outsize me by half a foot and 50-150 pounds easily.

Ax is running at nearly 15 posts a day, keep up the work Farva! lol.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
    Hi carolj image Hope you are having a wonderful weekend image

Back on topic...

Line opened up with Phili - 3 1/2 and I don't know what to think of it because that number seems low considering the circumstances. Also as perkdog mentioned, DD was placed on the IR, which is what I expected, and will not play this season. Link

On a related note, Seth Wand was also put on the chopping block. I wouldn't be surprised if another team picks him up soon. While he may not start at LT, he would be a good back up.

• Eagles 21
    Texans 14

Texans get a few points for being at home and the oddsmakers want to see the Eagles before giving more points. That will change after the first week.

Might be a good play if it stays at 3 1/2.
    Eagles will get one of their 6 wins this season in an opening day laugher against the texans, and will win by at least 10.

Carr will be sacked at least 4 times, the texans will fail to rush for 100 yards, and moulds will bring yet another team ruin.

<< <i>Eagles 21
    Texans 14

Texans get a few points for being at home and the oddsmakers want to see the Eagles before giving more points. That will change after the first week.

Might be a good play if it stays at 3 1/2. >>

Normally the home team gets 3 but that's some respect from the odds makers image BTW - We are capable to score more than 14 points against y'all. We actually intend to use our TE this year image
    We signed Ron Dayne

If he's recovered from turf toe, hopefully he'll be able to contribute image

• Wear it white,
    Wear it proud,
    But come next Sunday,
    Don't cry too loud.

Eagles 28
    Texans 14

<< <i>image

image >>