Home Sports Talk
Options

Official Houston Texans Thread

Comments

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    ./
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    yawns
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>yawns >>

so says the sadly defeated and broken shell of a man.

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    And Axhole claims victorious! You have been promoted to "Dragon Slayer" Axholio!

• Options

<< <i>Here we go with another night of dimwitted, hate filled, blind hatred being spewed by DOPEY.

Let me predict how this will all go down....

at least 25 posts on how anyone from NY drinks too much " kool aid "

Another dozen or so posts on payroll.

Several profanity laced insults and jabs due to being unable to coherently respond to facts being discusses.

A fair amount of changing the subject when anything anti-Arod is presented.

At least another dozen posts on how any Yankee would bat .250 on another team ( Arod being the exception of course )

Some comments on our mothers basement, incest, and gay love between anyone who disagrees with him.

Various ramblings which are virtually indecipherable.

Many, many posts on how much he crushes, defeats, bashes, or owns other posters on a nightly basis. >>

Simply replace appropriate teams/players and the outcome is still the same.

• Options
    Oh stownie don't be a sad panda because 'your' teams suck wind.

The texans are the worst team in all of pro football (hell, I bet most CFL teams would beat them), the stros got back into the 'race' only to have your hopes dashed just as quickly, and UT has proven to lose when they have to play real teams (outside their cupcake schedule).

The question isn't whether or not the texans lose today (that's a given), but if it's double digits or not.
  • Options
    ^^
    Mariners ended up last in their division, and your Buks are 0-3(also last in their division). You have no room to talk. You'll be lucky if the Buks get to .500, and the Mariners well...they didn't even make it to .500. Guess you gotta wait til next year to talk up your "favorite teams" again.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    Houston is winning image
  • Options

<< <i>The texans are the worst team in all of pro football (hell, I bet most CFL teams would beat them) >>

Uh no, that would be the pathetic Bucs image

Back on topic image

TEXANS WIN!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Stuff Stown
  • Options
    The question isn't whether or not the texans lose today (that's a given), but if it's double digits or not.

Does anyone else notice that the three biggest loudmouthes (skippy, Commieboy and Axtell) are always wrong?

BTW, the Dolphins are terrible but even they have a better record than the Bucs.... LMAO
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The texans are the worst team in all of pro football (hell, I bet most CFL teams would beat them), the stros got back into the 'race' only to have your hopes dashed just as quickly, and UT has proven to lose when they have to play real teams (outside their cupcake schedule).

The question isn't whether or not the texans lose today (that's a given), but if it's double digits or not. >>

Want ketchup with your crow?

Frankly, right now the "worst" is looking more and more like Cleveland. Or maybe Tennessee, or maybe San Fran has played their way back into contention despite having a win. But no, I think it's Cleveland.
  • Options

<< <i>Oh stownie don't be a sad panda because 'your' teams suck wind.

The texans are the worst team in all of pro football (hell, I bet most CFL teams would beat them), blah blah blah...

The question isn't whether or not the texans lose today (that's a given), but if it's double digits or not. >>

Tinkerbell is eating crow.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Oh stownie don't be a sad panda because 'your' teams suck wind.

The texans are the worst team in all of pro football (hell, I bet most CFL teams would beat them), blah blah blah...

Tinkerbell is eating crow.

image >>

Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stown,

get rid of that coal grille! Other then that, I am hungry now ! image

Nice seats by the way

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    Woohoo the texans won a game! It's comedy that ONE win is cause for celebration in texans land.

Pathetic!

• Options

<< <i>stown,

get rid of that coal grille! Other then that, I am hungry now ! image >>

Gas?

At a tailgate?

In Texas?

I'm not going to get into that debate with anyone. Some swear by gas/propane while others (such as myself) live and die by the charcoal. You will only find Kingsford with mesquite at my tailgating party image

<< <i>Nice seats by the way >>

Thank you image
  • Options

<< <i>
    Nice seats by the way >>

How tough can it be to get good seats for a texans game anyways?
  • Options

Tinkerbell, you couldn't afford a PSL for any NFL team if your life depended on it.

<< <i>The question isn't whether or not the texans lose today (that's a given), but if it's double digits or not. >>

image >>

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Woohoo the texans won a game! It's comedy that ONE win is cause for celebration in texans land.

Pathetic! >>

Nice try changing the subject. The simple fact is that you made an in-your-face "guarantee" and it blew up in your face.
  • Options

<< <i>image

Tinkerbell, you couldn't afford a PSL for any NFL team if your life depended on it.
    >>

And just how do you know my finances? I think you know nothing, so shut your damn mouth about things you have not a clue about.

PSL for the texans? What are they, a couple hundred bucks?
  • Options
    Ooooooooooh, looks like I struck a nerve. The truth hurts, huh Tinkerbell image

<< <i>The question isn't whether or not the texans lose today (that's a given), but if it's double digits or not. >>

• Options

<< <i>Ooooooooooh, looks like I struck a nerve. The truth hurts, huh Tinkerbell image >>

No, there's no truth to your statement...but your ignorance seems to know no bounds.

• Options

• Options
    Like I said, enjoy your win stownie, you know it's the only one you're gonna have this year.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>image

>>

And just how do you know my finances? I think you know nothing, so shut your damn mouth about things you have not a clue about.

PSL for the texans? What are they, a couple hundred bucks? >>

^ ^ isnt angry ^ ^ image
  • Options

<< <i>
    ^ ^ isnt angry ^ ^ image >>

Who's angry? I'm laughing that someone makes an assumption about finances when they have no idea.

I laugh at peons like you who come along and try to make a joke, but have nothing original to add.

• Options
    "I laugh at Peons like you"

All that proves is your a douchebag. Calling someone else a peon? Enjoy your Mini Cooper.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    The feeling of being "above" peons must make Axhole feel like a real important and tough guy! image
  • Options
    Tinkerbell has no idea about other's collections or how big of a fan they are, yet will yap about it day in and day out.

Hypocrite.

Speaking of collections, you really should change your sig line since it's a blatant and malicious lie. You do not have the #4 set since it belongs to "Football Freak".

Football Freak - 4th Current Finest Set
    1985 Topps
    Grade Points: 9.01
    Completion: 63.13%
    Current Rating: 4
    Set Rating: 5.906

Back on topic, the Texans are now looking down at winless teams such as the Bucs image
  • Options

<< <i>Tinkerbell has no idea about other's collections or how big of a fan they are, yet will yap about it day in and day out. >>

Blow me, stown.

<< <i>Speaking of collections, you really should change your sig line since it's a blatant and malicious lie. You do not have the #4 set since it belongs to "Football Freak". >>

Why are you so interested in my set hmm stownie? Again, blow me.

<< <i>Back on topic, the Texans are now looking down at winless teams such as the Bucs image >>

And ONE win is where the pathetic texans will remain. How PATHETIC is that texans fans like you are getting so worked up over a win? Haven't you ever heard the term 'act like you've been there before'? Oh wait, wins for the texans are so rare, they have to be celebrated like it's the super bowl, since you never know how long until the next one shows up.

Oh well, the texans won a game. Yippee! Don't you realize how absolutely sad and miserable you look that you're celebrating one win (over a team with a recovering QB, I might add)?

• Options
    You went out and said the Texans would lose and that's being shoved in your face. Same reason(different topic) why you have a Yankee Icon in your sig line. Don't you realize how sad and miserable you look?
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    BTW, You have the 17th Finest set. Not the 4th.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    That's the 3rd time you've asked me to "blow" you, Tinkerbell.

I know you absolutely LOVE brokeback mountain action but it ain't my thing.

Not that there's anything wrong with that but you are still a pathetic poo-sticker image
  • Options

<< <i>That's the 3rd time you've asked me to "blow" you, Tinkerbell.

I know you absolutely LOVE brokeback mountain action but it ain't my thing.

Not that there's anything wrong with that but you are still a pathetic poo-sticker image >>

Buk-Pirate maybe?
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options

<< <i>Blow me, stown.

Why are you so interested in my set hmm stownie? Again, blow me.

>>

^ ^ isnt angry image ^ ^ imageimage
  • Options
    Next up, the Cowgirls. I remember the last time we played them like it was yesterday image

50/50 chance I go to the game and it will probably be a last minute thing.

PS - I love this site image
  • Options
    I'm pulling for the Texans to win this one.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options

<< <i>Next up, the Cowgirls. I remember the last time we played them like it was yesterday image >>

Talking trash about a team that's won 5 super bowl when your team hasn't even fielded a winning record? And of course you remember it like it was yesterday, it was one, of what, a dozen wins in the history of the franchise?
  • Options

<< <i>I'm pulling for the Texans to win this one. >>

Anyone and everyone who dislikes the self-proclaimed "America's Team" is more than welcome to cheer the Texans this coming Sunday image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm pulling for the Texans to win this one. >>

Anyone and everyone who dislikes the self-proclaimed "America's Team" is more than welcome to cheer the Texans this coming Sunday image >>

haha begging for fans now, princess?

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    As much as I would love to see the Texans win, I am only hoping for TO to get under/overthrown a few more times ... then I'll be more than happy to "bring the popcorn" as TO requests.

Still love Bledsoe telling reporters to "I hope they bring it", when asked about the Eagles blitz packages.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    Bill Pacells on Mario Williams:

<< <i>Parcells high on DE

Before training camp, Dallas owner Jerry Jones said the Cowboys had defensive end Mario Williams rated at the top of their draft board. Coach Bill Parcells said the Cowboys would have drafted Williams if they had the top pick.

Parcells reiterated his feelings Wednesday.

"I think I would have, yes," Parcells said about taking Williams with the first pick. "I think quite honestly, you know, I'm a defensive coach at heart. You have to understand that.

"He has rare size and speed, and I think he's going to wind up being a very good player." >>

Link
  • Options
    I am sure he will be a good player, but passing on Bush was ridiculous.
  • Options

<< <i>I am sure he will be a good player, but passing on Bush was ridiculous. >>

1 TD in 5 games, which came on a special teams play...

Whatever, save that debate for the appropriate thread, please.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I am sure he will be a good player, but passing on Bush was ridiculous. >>

1 TD in 5 games, which came on a special teams play...

Whatever, save that debate for the appropriate thread, please. >>

With the Saints, filling the seats was a number one priority after Katrina -- they got lucky with Bush. Regardless of his performance, he has delivered on ticket sales.
  • Options
    Hmm Parcells making those comments in the week leading up to a game with the texans?

OF COURSE he is going to say that...he'd say the SAME exact things if they were playing the texans, how Bush was at the top of the chart, blah blah blah.

You still believe coachspeak?

• Options
    since when is there an "appropriate thread" round here? image

just responding to a Mario Williams statement ..... by you
  • Options

<< <i>since when is there an "appropriate thread" round here? image

just responding to a Mario Williams statement ..... by you >>

Don't mind him...the 'mario is a flop' thing is a very sore subject for him.

• Options

<< <i>since when is there an "appropriate thread" round here? image

just responding to a Mario Williams statement ..... by you >>

I posted a statement by Bill Parcells, who we are playing this week, about Mario Williams, who is a Texan.