Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

The debate on what to do with SF and BS coins continues.

Comments

• Options
    As always you can expect RB to take the high road. I made nice offers on Rogers MS68 beauties and glad a new buyer stepped up for one of the pop 3 KS-D in MS68 an ultra classic cool coin that I used to have the world record price paid until now so I can let that go with RB's new sale! So far 2006 is going well and no mistakes in the data base are reported that I am aware of. I did not see 2006 added to the pop report chart so it does not appear you can even look up the 2006 pop report without a coin number so maybe there is some over haul going on to the pop report. MS68 coins from mid-2005 on have been exceedingly rare and almost non-collectible with so few MS68 found (KS-P x 1, KS-D x 3, WV-P x1, WV-D x 8?, NV-P NONE, NV-D x 1, NE-P NONE, NE-D x 8?, CO-P & D NONE. Good luck trying to find these MS68's in the future. I am still trying my best in the present while bank wrapped roll $500 boxes are still available at a $50+ mark-up. I have expanded the search to multi-sources and then try to order more from better stock et al and it takes a lot of work and if you order five seperate sealed boxes it does not mean you will get a single high quality box where MS68 coins may be found. In fact after 10 rolls if the box quality is poor I have been cashing them in to increase my production level in the hunt for nice quality boxes. If you have any nice boxes put back e-mail me! 2006 is comparable with 1999 for the low quality of the business strike MS coins. At least in 1999 we had the business strike coins carefully handled and placed in the mint sets to help us out!
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    More coins to add to the new Variety set along with the WI High / Low Leaf

2005 P Minnesota SF PCGS MS69 !!! Extra Tree DDR-004

2005 D Minnesota SF PCGS MS66 !!! Extra Tree DDR-001
  • Options
    Is it possible to tell if a coin is mislabeled non satin by the number on the slab? If so how? or is there any way you can protect your self when buying on E-bay?
  • Options
    CoinMaster "In summary the cert numbers affected are BRC 73689011 - 73689368, Unknown New Batch 73689369 - 73689410, and POW batch 73689411 - 73689510." These problem coins were are all in the standard bulk satin finish holder with the small us flag on the front and they say satin finsih on them. The coin numbers do not appear on the labels on these coins but the certificate "cert" numbers do appear on each of the problem coins label. Hence a digital photo of the front of one of these coins will show the cert number. Although the coin will be in a standard bulk satin finish holder if you enter the cert number in this problem range into the PCGS coin look-up on their web-site you will find that the data base and hence the pop report shows these prblem coins as MS when in fact they are satin finish.

I found another cool die break variety a NE-P with a large growth on the right at the top of the Chimney rock. Found only one of these in a whole box I just went thru, clearly visible to the naked eye and to par with the Bison Hump Back and Bison Snort die break varieties.

MASS nice MN-P & D double trees. I found some D mint double trees and a second variety of them I think and PCGS is grading them now. Save a nice P double tree for me as I suspect that SF69 double tree on e-bay will go off for some great money and I may not be able to afford that one. Double tree may be the new king of the variety set? image
  • Options
    So if you intend to buy a business strike state quarter on e-bay. if you go to lookup coins in PCGS, and put in the coin number off the slab. if it comes up business strike there to, are you safe in your purchase.
  • Options
    Hey everybody. My name is Dave Franks. A few of you people out there already know me. Roger Byrd, Doug Rall, Michael Sulinski. What's going on guys. I hope your wife is feeling better Roger.

I finally registered my SHQ set tonight. I've been putting it together for about 2 years now . I came in a disappointing tie for 22nd. My set is pretty strong from 99-04, but those damn satin finish coins of 05 kicked my set in the ass and kept me off the front page. I'm keeping it all business strikes and I personally am hoping for a variety set so I can climb the ladder a few rungs.

I want to say a big thank you to all of you that have tried and tried again to get the pop report cleaned up. Doug, Michael, Roger, Wondercoin, BRC, p8nt, and anyone else I forgot to mention. You guys did one hell of a job in gathering up all the info needed to clean up the pop report. You guys basically did PCGS's job for them and handed them the info on a silver platter. It just sucks that PCGS is deaf in one ear and can't hear out of the other one. My boss is like that, and sometimes I just want to choke him.

I've been lurking around this thread for awhile now and thought I would finally register and say hey to everyone. I hope this thread keeps going on until the series ends, even though that idiot, RUSS, Mr. 50,000 posts, doesn't care for it. I bet we could start a thread about who thinks Russ is an idiot and get 800 posts within 30 days. This thread is informative and keeps you up to date on what's going on. Let's keep it going. You know every time Russ sees it at the top of the page, his skin probably crawls. Take care everyone.
  • Options

<< <i>Hey everybody. My name is Dave Franks. A few of you people out there already know me. Roger Byrd, Doug Rall, Michael Sulinski. What's going on guys. I hope your wife is feeling better Roger.

I finally registered my SHQ set tonight. I've been putting it together for about 2 years now . I came in a disappointing tie for 22nd. My set is pretty strong from 99-04, but those damn satin finish coins of 05 kicked my set in the ass and kept me off the front page. I'm keeping it all business strikes and I personally am hoping for a variety set so I can climb the ladder a few rungs.

I want to say a big thank you to all of you that have tried and tried again to get the pop report cleaned up. Doug, Michael, Roger, Wondercoin, BRC, p8nt, and anyone else I forgot to mention. You guys did one hell of a job in gathering up all the info needed to clean up the pop report. You guys basically did PCGS's job for them and handed them the info on a silver platter. It just sucks that PCGS is deaf in one ear and can't hear out of the other one. My boss is like that, and sometimes I just want to choke him.

I've been lurking around this thread for awhile now and thought I would finally register and say hey to everyone. I hope this thread keeps going on until the series ends, even though that idiot, RUSS, Mr. 50,000 posts, doesn't care for it. I bet we could start a thread about who thinks Russ is an idiot and get 800 posts within 30 days. This thread is informative and keeps you up to date on what's going on. Let's keep it going. You know every time Russ sees it at the top of the page, his skin probably crawls. Take care everyone. >>

LOL, first I want to say welcome.

In response to your comments about RUSS I have to say he is a pretty stand up guy IMO. He usually is fairly well informed on the subjects he comments. I am sure he porbably was making a joke about this thread since I honestly used to think that way. Until I read this thread and now I try to read it or comment in it often.

I have to agree with you about the inability to clean up the pop reports though. I think the people you have mentioned have done a great job and been very diligent in getting this done and it still hasn't been finished. Although I do sollcet the SF ones I do have all the BS stikes in mostly 67 so I would also like a variety set to list my BS coins that are orphaned.

Zach
  • Options
    Well, well, well, I'll be dipped! Hi Dave, what took you so long? I have to go and see your set. 22nd isn't anything to sneeze at dude!!!
    It's very respectable.

And about Russ, he just doesn't have a life, so he's got nothing better to do than type messages here. LOL Sorry Russ, nothing personal, I don't know you, but I have read a lot of your comments and you're a standup guy in my book. I just couldn't pass the opportunity to take a pot shot at you.

Hang in there Dave, the upgrades will come with time and patience, and some sniping doesn't hurt.

Diane is doing fine and I appreciate your concern. My big problem now is that she's getting too well and makes my honeydo list 3 times as long!! And she still has over 2 months to go before they possibly release her to go back to work. It's amazing some of the things she's finding for me to do. She definately has too much time on her hands at home.

Good luck with the quarters, and don't be a stranger Dave. Don't worry about some of the comments you'll get here. All you have to do is click on the red x in the upper right hand corner and it shuts them right off!!!

Welcome to the boards!!!!imageimage

Roger

The Monterrey Collection *No SF*
  • Options
    Mas I want to compliment you on your pictures. They are looking pretty good these days. It's cool to watch how they've evolved over time.
    Did you get a new camera?

Dave you need to go into your profile and turn on the pm function. Then you and other forum members have the ability to message each other privately.

• Options
    There is another post here in the registry forum that bears a look at, and maybe you guys can follow the example. I'm out of it now, all I have left here is a partial sf mint set registry. But maybe a few of you can follow this example I've delisted my 2005-P/D Satin Finish Dimes in protest! in protest to a situation we have all complained about for quite a while. Again Paul, good move, and I hope others follow your example. Written complaints may be the way to go as suggested.

rb
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There is another post here in the registry forum that bears a look at, and maybe you guys can follow the example. I'm out of it now, all I have left here is a partial sf mint set registry. But maybe a few of you can follow this example I've delisted my 2005-P/D Satin Finish Dimes in protest! in protest to a situation we have all complained about for quite a while. Again Paul, good move, and I hope others follow your example. Written complaints may be the way to go as suggested.

rb >>

Whats funny is that some years ago, I too had a complete set of SHQ's 99-02 and was ranked about 20-22 or something like that. I sold them off to finance my Dimes. As far as the protest, I'm just trying to do my part in the Dimes since I can't help out in the Quarters.

Doug Rall, I remember when you listed your set, then took it off so Donn could win the yearly award. CLASS ACT! You mention above that you get $500 boxes of SHQ's, boy I wish I could get my hand on some new Dime boxes like that. They come in $250 boxes.

Good luck Fellas!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Stooge, Donn and Doug are cleary both class acts but i think the guy who had listed his set and was ahead on Donn at the time is not Doug but a different guy that is mostly a super high end penny collector and dables in states for entertainment.
  • Options
    Right Datentype. I did not unregister my set. Hi Stooge and Dave Franks. We have talked about unregistering the SF coins during the off months to show only true business strike coins and I may do that if I can find the time but when it comes to the June 30 measurement date where the year rankings are decided I will put my SF 69 and 70 coins back in or fall in position the way it is set up at this time. Looking forward to a complete registry where all business strike coins may take their rightful spots. I only have one business strike 2006 quarter in MS68 so far I bought from Seth and still trying to find others! Have all the 2006 in MS67 but the MS68's are exceedingly hard to find. Found the 2006 SF69 quarter set looking thru mint sets already. Doug
  • Options

<< <i>Stooge, Donn and Doug are cleary both class acts but i think the guy who had listed his set and was ahead on Donn at the time is not Doug but a different guy that is mostly a super high end penny collector and dables in states for entertainment. >>

OK, this is my mistake, but I could've swore that someone had a huge set and knocked Donn out of first, but only by a brief moment.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

<< <i>OK, this is my mistake, but I could've swore that someone had a huge set and knocked Donn out of first, but only by a brief moment. >>

Paul,
    You are correct someone had a better set at the time and the only thing that happened was that it was entered in the Set Registry a few days before the year deadline. The person had the best set at the time and was still the best after he politely pulled it from the Set registry. I believe there are plenty of Top sets out there that are not in the Set Registry.

Here's some reading material on the issue:

DONN- YOU ARE THE STATE QUARTER SET WINNER

Not sure what was said behind the scenes at the time but I may just speak the truth about it here, from the source and not from a 3rd party
  • Options
    Interesting reading from a late starter State quarter collector. It just goes to show you that who is number 1 will not be determined until the end of the series AND the business strike "no count" issue has been finalized.

There is still time for the contendors to get to that number 1 slot. It will not be easy but there are still prize coins missing from the registry sets.

Who knows what the next few years will bring? Pop 1 coins? New collectors with deep pockets? Collections broken up?

Thanks MAS for the history lesson
  • Options
    I remember reading the post in question. I don't know that I ever read it completely till now tho. Pretty interesting without a doubt. Thanks for the link mas.
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭
    Seems to me, someone thats doing a lot of complaining about closed sets, HAS closed sets.
    Dan
  • Options
    Thanks Mas3387. I thought that I was totally losing my mind! image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Anyone just get back a submission of ND-D Coins Looks like 2005 all over again SF coins with Business strike number. I thank the finder of this fact for telling me.

Here's another problem. The pop report has Satin Finish coins on it already...

PCGS No: 39027
    Date: 2006-D
    Denom: 25C
    Variety: North Dakota
    Desig: MS
    VG-VF: 0
    40: 0
    45: 0
    50: 0
    53: 0
    55: 0
    58: 0
    60: 0
    61: 0
    62: 0
    63: 0
    64: 0
    65: 0
    66: 0
    67: 2
    68: 7
    69: 2
    70: 0
    Total: 11

Text
  • Options
    Yep, it sure was deep back than image
  • Options
    Wow! Don't mess with MASS if he has that kind or archive going back to 2003! Now is the first time I saw that thread and interesting reading. Thanks John for pointing out that pop report issue on the ND-D coins SF vs MS and I did forward that on to PCGS and received an email back from "the top" that he is looking into it right away. Keep up the good work spotting these dta base labeling type errors early on when corrections can be more easily made. My guess is that this is part of a bulk order so likely this error could be in the SF holders like last year. I will post any progress PCGS reports to me on correcting this 2006 error and if one of us gets news about the error first please post so we can cross this off our list. Thank you! Doug.
  • Options
    I checked our inventory and our ND-D cert #'s come up with Satin Finish on them, so you can check us off the potential list. image
    Seth
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone just get back a submission of ND-D >>

Innocent

<< <i>Now is the first time I saw that thread and interesting reading >>

You tend not to forget things along the way
  • Options
    Regarding the ND-D batch sf vs ms "the top" emailed me back today to say that this is just a data base error and a reveiw of the records has confirmed that these are SF coins so the POP report for these that John reported for 2006 should be cleaned up by Friday. Keep an eye on that ND-D mS pop and let us know when it has been corrected. I also took the liberty of pushing to correct those 2005 errors as well and will let you know if any light at the end of the tunnel appears that is not an on-coming train! Thank you all for you diligence. TEAM = together everyone achieves more. Doug. image
  • Options
    Thank you Doug for taking action on the ND-D batch..
    I have to give Kudos to all the dealers that did verify that the coins were not in their inventory, Henry K of Datentype, Seth of Coin Fame, Michael of Tazmic, Brian of ENI coins and David and Jason of Esilverdj.

again thanks for checking your invoices.
  • Options
    The 2006 ND-D Business strike data base problem has been fixed.
  • Options
    When PCGS cleans up the pop report, do they track down the error slabs & retrieve them?
  • Options
    Is no news good news????

We need the variety set for the WI high/low, MN Trees - DDR's and looks like we now have some Oregon DDR's to add !!!!

For Dan50
  • Options
    No news is NOT good news. We have had NO news for well over a year. News would be good for a change. And GOOD news would be even better.
    Maybe if we all write Santa and ask for a true uncirculated set, who knows stranger things have happened.
    Or, dear mr. Orkin man, I seem to have a severe infestation of satin finish coins nesting in my registry set. Can you please bring a variety set, then spray to chase these pests out to where they belong? You are our last resort, if Santa fails. There seems to be NO ONE else to turn to, Please rid us of our problem.
    Dan
  • Options
    Or, dear mr. Orkin man, I seem to have a severe infestation of satin finish coins nesting in my registry set. Can you please bring a variety set, then spray to chase these pests out to where they belong?

ROTF.........LMAO!!!!!!!

What a farce this has turned out to be. I can't believe that after all this time, all the efforts put forth by so many of you collectors and makers/dealers of these modern gems, PCGS hasn't done a damn thing about the situation. All the emails, correspondence, research, etc. etc. and no results. To add injury to insult, PCGS hasn't even had the decency to make an appearance on their own message boards and make any kind of a comment.

What does this say about their so called credibility and commitment to their customers, not to meantion the coin collecting industry on the whole. I have some choice thoughts on the subject, but I'm better off keeping these to myself. I think I can say that if this is how the "best third party grading service" in america operates, it's no wonder that a couple of the other services are still growing and their number of clientele is expanding. What happened to PCGS and their customer service? What about the confidence they are instilling with their policy of silence? I think their reputation is following a fecal trail and it's going down the crapper!!!! But this is just my opinion, and I know it doesn't have the weight needed to bring about any changes in the situation........
  • Options
  • Options
    Is this a new problem?
  • Options
    clackamas - From the info below, it is listed as satin Finish, but I don't see SF on the label??

COIN INFORMATION
    Cert Verification #: 08579617
    Date, mintmark: 2006-D
    Denomination: SAC$1
    Variety: Satin Finish
    Pedigree:
    Grade: MS68
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭✭
    The lack of communication is the part that is the most difficult to understand. The opportunity for open and simple communication has been presented and been available for so long. It would be nice to know whether the lack of communication is due to an unwillingness to deal with the issue(s), or if it is due to a fear that they may make an unpopular, or incorrect decision, or perhaps another reason. At this point, any decision, whether right or wrong, popular or unpopular, would be a step in the right direction. At least there would be something to work with, and a show of effort could be seen.
  • Options
    I agree with you 100% Roger. This problem has been going on way too long and all the effort put forth by certain people has fallen on deaf ears. The only advice I can give PCGS is: Put your left hand on your left ear and your right hand on your right ear, give a good yank, and pull your head out of your a*s and see what's going on.

The reason for my post. I have decided to sell my registry set and I am giving people here a chance to make an offer on anything they see in my set that they might want. I hold the #23 set, The Monterrey Collection, *NO SF*. #23 seems low, but I have some nice coins from 99-04.

Some of my more desirable coins are:
    DE-D MS67 NJ-D MS67
    MD-D MS68 NC-D MS68
    RI-D MS68 KY-D MS68
    MO-D MS68 AR-P MS68
    FL-P MS68 TX-D MS69
    Wisc-P MS68 Wisc-D MS69

I plan on keeping my MS68 business strikes from 2005 unless somebody makes a serious offer on them. I offered my Wisc-P to someone who should know what it's worth, and he came back with an offer of $750 delivered on a pop 10 coin. To me, that's an insult. I would like to tell that guy, great job on screwing up your chance on owning a quarter which will probably never be offered to you again. If you want to make an offer, make it serious please. The only coin that is sold right now is the PA-D in MS67. Check out my set and make some offers, I know I can help some people upgrade their sets.

I would like to thank a few people who have helped me out over the past few years. Roger Byrd, Doug Rall, and Michael Sulinski. All of you have provided me with great coins at fair prices. The legwork you have done for PCGS in trying to straighten out this mess is above and beyond what a collector or submitter should have to do. In my book, you are all genuine assets to the coin collecting community and to the hobby itself. Keep up the good work and hopefully someday soon, PCGS will take it's head out of the dark place and rectify the problem. Good luck with your set Doug.

I will be taking offers until next Sunday, October 22nd. Email is ralphie22@aol.com.

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a new problem?

That must be another of those MECHANICAL errors!!!!

Still wondering what that FINALIZER is doing?

• Options

<< <i>Is this a new problem?

That must be another of those MECHANICAL errors!!!!

Still wondering what that FINALIZER is doing? >>

Syl,

My question is, I hope David Hall is wondering what that FINALIZER is doing? Or at least, I hope Mr. Hall is going to try and find out what he is paying the FINALIZER for!image

Timimage
  • Options
    First Strike designation on a MS68 SAC. What a joke. image

You know, I haven't participated in this post for the past year, but I have been keeping up with it all along. It is a real shame that so many collectors and dealers have put forth such a valiant effort to help PCGS straighten out THEIR PROBLEM AND THEIR GRADING/LABELING ERRORS and have gotten absolutely NOTHING in return. What a shame.

• Options
    Well well well. I received this in my email the other day:

Dear Set Registry Members,

Early next month we will be launching the new PCGS Set Registry V2. We are very
    excited about the new software and look forward to giving you a product that we
    feel you will find very valuable and a great aide to your collecting needs. The
    following are just some of the many enhancements in V2:

Ability to track your inventory costs and prices

Ability to easily add a coin to multiple sets

An easy way to add multiple images to one coin

A new "What if?" program which will allow you to see what the addition of a coin
    might do to your set

A Collectors Showcase where you can show-off your favorite coins which might not
    necessarily constitute a "set"

Ability to comment on other members' sets

There are a few things you need to know:

1. Your Username, Email and Password will remain the same. Currently, you can
    login to the Registry using either your email/password combination or your
    username/password combination, however, the new Registry will require that you use your email/password combination.

2. Your Username will be displayed in a few areas in the new Registry. For
    example, your photo album will be titled with your username. If your email
    address is the same as your username, you may want to consider changing your
    username, especially if you wish to keep your email address private. For
    example, if your username and email address is currently bsearls@collectors.com,
    you may want to change your username to LoneStarCollection. Changing your
    account information can easily be done at this location on the PCGS website:

http://www.pcgs.com/join/update.chtml

We recommend that if you do wish to make some changes to your account
    information, you do so in the 10 days.

3. We will announce a 24-hour cut off date for updates after which time all sets
    will be imported to the new Registry and you will not be able to access the old
    registry. All validated and unvalidated sets will be imported.

Once we have a firm launch date, we will send you an announcement. In the meantime, should you have any questions, please feel free to
    contact me.

BJ Searls
    Set Registry Manager
    mailto:bsearls@collectors.com

PCGS seems to have time to improve the registry programming but not the pop reports???? Maybe they will have varieties with this new programming?

Maybe they ought to just reprogram their dedication to their customers and take a stand on this issue, not that it's a new one, just been around and known of for about a year now, with a lot of folks doing the work for them. I know, I need to chill. All good things come in time!

• Options
    Have received business strike MS grading results and have newly graded CO-P&D in MS67 and MS68, ND P&D in MS67 and NE-P in MS67. Have all of them available for 2005 and 2006 in MS67 and a few extras from 2005 in MS68 of course graded by PCGS so if you are working on your business strike set and want the genuine article please e-mail douglasrall@msn.com your want list. The SF coins are fun and exciting but not very hard to fill a set of SF69 this year and there are no SF70 state quarters to my knowledge so if you want a challenge for truly rare coins and better future appreciation in my opinion consider adding the MS business strike coins. I got a new announcement from PCGS that there registry software is ready to launch so I have posted that annjouncement here and perhaps this will be the catalyst we are looking for to make the changes we want? dr

Edited to remove PCGS set registry announcement language already posted by Roger above. dr
  • Options

<< <i>Have received business strike MS grading results and have newly graded CO-P&D in MS67 and MS68, ND P&D in MS67 and NE-P in MS67. Have all of them available for 2005 and 2006 in MS67 and a few extras from 2005 in MS68 of course graded by PCGS so if you are working on your business strike set and want the genuine article please e-mail douglasrall@msn.com your want list. >>

Doug, thanks for your help in trying to keep the true business strike coins from becoming lost in the quagmire that PCGS has created with their and/or registry decision.
    Dan
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Anything new? GEM Business strikes are going to be serious conditional rarities if something isn't done soon. GEM Satin finish coins are a dime a dozen and will be readily available for years. Come on PCGS.......do something!!!!!
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still finding it funny that BOTH Business Strike and Satins are listed in the PCGS Price Guide, and the PCGS Population Report. But BOTH are not listed anywhere in the PCGS Registery.
  • Options

<< <i>Still finding it funny that BOTH Business Strike and Satins are listed in the PCGS Price Guide, and the PCGS Population Report. But BOTH are not listed anywhere in the PCGS Registery. >>

Sly,
    Is it image or is it image. Just think, 2007 coins will be out in a few months, year number THREE and still without an answer or home for the "Orphans". It is sad that the management of PCGS doesn't care about the "Orphans", winter in coming and they are out in the cold when they want to be with their brothers where it is warm and safe in the sets.

Timimage
  • Options
    I'm gonna throw my 2 cents worth in and lets just see what happens.

PCGS is and has been trying to develop its V2 software for how long now? I don't know, anyway, my point being that said, I think that the whole SF vs. BS stuff has been put on the back burners to keep warm until the new system goes up. I'm sure that someone at PCGS is reading this post and the entire problem will be dealt with, just not anytime soon. It'll be months I'm sure before the "V2" is at 100% or am I wrong?

It is really sad that PCGS would let this go sooooo long with not a single word. If the customers are asking for a response, its just ludacris to just sit idlie (sp) by and do nothing.

Whats funny is that someone on the U.S. Coin fourm asked 1 question about the 20th Anniv. sets and they have the post at the top of that forum with 2-3 PCGS employees PERSONALLY ANSWERING EVERY QUESTION THAT FOLLOWS! That to me is a big slap in the face!

GEEZ! WHO CARES ANYMORE? REALLY!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    I care!!! I have lost more points than I can count trying to do the right thing by putting BS coins in my sets. When everyone has too do it, the playing field will be even.
    Alimage
    Lost in Lincoln Modern Land
    I am on eBay as "innerharborcoins"
  • Options
    The REAL problem here is not MS vs SMS, it is the "so called" Mechanical errors.

These are not mechanical errors at all, they are HUMAN errors, and if your checking account or retirement fund had as many human errors as NGC and PCGS have when slabbing coins there would be hell to pay.

I started a thread over at NGC about this very subject and no one seemed to care. Not the company or the customers there.

I have had several examples of these errors, ranging from the wrong date to the wrong type of coin (label said half, the coin was a quarter!)

I can tell you one certainty, until enough of us INSIST that the grading companies take more responsibility for these mistakes and implement better QC - nothing is going to change and it will continue to be VERY DANGEROUS to buy coins sight unseen, or without the knowlege and experience to know if the coin in the slab is properly described on the label.
  • Options

<< <i>Is it or is it . Just think, 2007 coins will be out in a few months, year number THREE and still without an answer or home for the "Orphans". It is sad that the management of PCGS doesn't care about the "Orphans", winter in coming and they are out in the cold when they want to be with their brothers where it is warm and safe in the sets. >>

The Leaf's (Wisconsin) and Tree's (Minnesota) are looking for a home as well