Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Official NFL HOF autograph set thread???

Comments

• tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    One of the best parts of this thread is seeing what others find. Now if we can only get you to tell us 'how' you find them, you know, your secrets... na, on second thought, I don't want to know image

One of these years we should all get together at Rocke's house during HOF time!

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>One of the best parts of this thread is seeing what others find. Now if we can only get you to tell us 'how' you find them, you know, your secrets... na, on second thought, I don't want to know image

One of these years we should all get together at Rocke's house during HOF time! >>

That would be great! I would love to see Rocke's collection.

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • JIm,
    Loved the video! Taken back by tithe shear numbers of NFL players that passed away in 2012. watched many and missed a few, before my time. A work of art and labor of love! T his thread is the best.

Raider Guy,
    Where did you get the find? Auction?

Let's. meet at Rockey's this HOF weekend. Nice to invite ourselves. I'll bring the beer and wings! Now if Michael Strahan only makes it in , I will be 3 for 3 , with attending, LT'S and Harry Carson's inductions!

Craig
  • raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭

<< <i>JIm,
    Loved the video! Taken back by tithe shear numbers of NFL players that passed away in 2012. watched many and missed a few, before my time. A work of art and labor of love! T his thread is the best.

Raider Guy,
    Where did you get the find? Auction?

Let's. meet at Rockey's this HOF weekend. Nice to invite ourselves. I'll bring the beer and wings! Now if Michael Strahan only makes it in , I will be 3

for 3 , with attending, LT'S and Harry Carson's inductions!

Craig >>

no, guy on another forum knew I needed a lambeau. he found one locally and pointed me there. just the right place at the right time
    Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Throwing this out there for anyone interested, 1961 Topps Henry Jordan Signed HOF RC. Would really be looking to trade towards a Blood McNally or Len Ford autograph on anything, or other vintage Packers signatures. Would sell for around $600. Thanks

Huge Packers Fan and Collector - Looking for autographs of Blood McNally, Lavvie Dilweg, Boob Darling, and many others from the 20's/30's.

Also collect 90% silver coins. Always looking for Racine, WI Banknotes.
    I am doing looking at doing a $10 blue flip bulk submission. If any of you are interested in having some autos slabbed - sign up on my thread.

Blue Flip Submission

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have some PSA/DNA HOF autographed cards i am looking to sell. Let me know if anyone here needs any of these for their sets.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 80.51% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.80% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
    Hey guys,OldestLivingProFootball.com is giving away some free autographs this month. (February 2013) Go to this link to answer a simple trivia question and win a nice autograph. Keep checking back as the contest/prize will be changing as soon as someone answers the question correctly.

Autograph Giveaway

Jim

• Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    I have some graded cards for the registry that some of you might be interested in ending in 2 days. There are several PSA 10 pop 1 cards including the Arnie Herber, Bill Walsh, Gene Upshaw and Don Shula.

The following are up for auction:

New Auctions listed including the following:

All with 9.99 starting bids:
    2003 Donruss Classics Jersey/Auto Irving Fryar PSA 8
    2004 Playoff Prime Signatures Bill Walsh PSA 10
    2004 UD Sweet Spot Signatures Dave Casper PSA 8
    2004 UD Sweet Spot Signatures Randy White PSA 9
    2004 Leaf Certified Materials Fabric of the Game Jersey/Auto #/75 Joe Greene PSA 9
    2005 Donruss Grid. Gear Silver Autographs Derrick Brooks PSA 9
    2005 Leaf Certified Materials Fabric of the Game Jersey/Auto #/63 Gene Upshaw PSA 10
    2005 Leaf Certified Materials Fabric of the Game Jersey/Auto Don Shula #/25 PSA 10
    2006 Playoff National Treasures Canton Classics Jimmy Johnson PSA 9

2002 SP Legendary Cuts PSA 10 Arnie Herber Cut Autograph: Starting bid $999.99- Has one bid, will sell this time!

1975 Fleer Immortal Roll Dutch Clark Auto: Starting bid $39.99
    1975 Fleer Immortal Roll Bronko Nagurski Auto: Starting bid $29.99

Please take a look! Thank you!
    Reese

Auction Link:

Auctions
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • wju2004wju2004 Posts: 127 ✭✭
    Very nice stuff as always, Reese. I'll be watching a few pieces at least. Really do hope the Herber finally sells as I would love to have it, just don't have that much to spend right now. And just hope that person pays. Always afraid of low feedback buyers on high end items.

J. T.
    J.T.,

Thanks for the kind words. I really hate to let the Herber go, but my focus has changed since I started working on this set. It's an extremely tough card for anyone who has put the registry set together and this is the only PSA 10.

Auctions end in a couple hours!

Thanks!
    Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    I decided to put this on ebay. $.99 no reserve for 10 days. Hopefully it'll get a good home. I also have a Les Richter, Buck Buchanan cut, and Hank Stram index card starting at $.99 as well.

Bruce Smith Auction Listing

This cut is of 1941 Heisman winner Bruce Smith. Smith attended the University of Minnesota and was a Navy pilot. He also spent time with the Green Bay Packers in the 40s, as well as one year with the Rams. He was diagnosed with cancer and passed away in 1967 prior to being elected into the college HOF in 1972.

This cut was signed when he was a member of the Packers on the 1947 team.

"In Al We Trust!"

• goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Added another bidder,great find on one hard to find auto! You just happen
    to have another one I need..
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8

<< <i>Added another bidder,great find on one hard to find auto! You just happen
    to have another one I need.. >>

Lechler/Jano?? image

"In Al We Trust!"

• goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Added another bidder,great find on one hard to find auto! You just happen
    to have another one I need.. >>

Lechler/Jano?? image >>

HaHa,why oh why would you think that?? Great story about ol seabass,he went to highschool
    about ten minutes from my house{seabreeze] kid was booting 60 yarders in H.S.,but could not stay outta trouble
    for nothing,always something.I am a coach as well and actually sat in on a convo with a few other coaches
    and star players trying to get them on right track,I remember Wes chandler{chargers wr.} was main coach talking
    and last thing he told him was what a waste of talent and he will never leave Daytona Bch,well I guess
    even us coaches are wrong from time to time.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • recbballrecbball Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭
    Dan Rooney and Bud Grant Red flip autos
    Link to 0.99 auctions
    End next Monday
    Thanks,
    Tom
  • GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    Nice Bud Grant, still debating wheather to head up to csa just on sunday to meet him, I know he doesnt do too many public appearances... (:
    Nathan Wagner
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    question for the non-card auto hounds.

i was able to get my hands on some nice packer and C-HOFers in the last few weeks. two of the items are single sigs so i understand how submitting them to PSA/DNA works. the real question is how does submitting an item that has multiple autos work? do they just charge for the highest priced auto? if so do they just authenticate that auto? the one in particular has the following. on the front there is ade schwammel, herm everhardus, fred crawford, aaron rosenberg and mickey vunchinich. at first i was tempted to just cut out the ade as he was a packer that i was looking for and just sending that in. but when i turned the item over there was an Ed Krause sig on the back. his sig on the back runs through all of the sigs on the front. so even though i am not as interested in the others on here, i dont want to destroy them.

any help on how psa/dna will handle this would be great.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's

• << <i>Nice Bud Grant, still debating wheather to head up to csa just on sunday to meet him, I know he doesnt do too many public appearances... (: >>

Well, Personally, I think that you going to the CSA show on Sunday, would be a GREAT idea.image

Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
    Sorry to sound like a broken record, but I added a Bill George Autograph grade 7 and a Paul Brown Gem MT 10 grade auto as well in case anyone can use them. They'll end the same night as my Smith and others. Okay I'll leave you guys alone now!!

"In Al We Trust!"

whoever won the Fred W "Duke" Slater full name autograph on ebay for $200, way to beat me to the punch...and i thought I was good at getting insanely rare pieces dirt cheap image
    Nathan Wagner
  • Something tells me that was not the final price - both parties are knowledgeable Iowa collectors and sellers so I think there was an offer made and accepted or maybe a trade of some kind that's not reflected in that number.
  • cfhofercfhofer Posts: 258 ✭✭
    I just contacted the seller. He sold the Slater for $200 cash plus $2500 in trade. Makes me feel a lot better about missing out.
    Now if only somebody can put thiere Slater up after checking ebay and thinking its only worth a couple hundred bucks (;
    Nathan Wagner
    well i think i have hit the wall with the auto'd card set. was able to get my hands on the reeves i have been looking for...thanks reese333.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    I hope you like it Jay! I've never been so nervous about shipping a card in my entire life! lol

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    That is a great Duke Slater autograph to say the least. I don't think I have ever seen a full signature like that one. If it was mine, I would have taken 2.5k in cash and $200 in trade, but that's just me image

<< <i>I hope you like it Jay! I've never been so nervous about shipping a card in my entire life! lol >>

i wasnt as worried about getting it as i was for the curly and thorpe cut autos that i had won on ebay. i knew you would send it for sure. the others you just never know!!!

now if only we could get some new cut autos from the reminder of the guys Greg and I are missing. its a real shame that PSA doesn't grade both the card and the auto. by making that choice it doesnt allow those of us that have collected the auto'd cards for the card set to put them in the PSA/DNA registry. from what i understand they will only take items that have the auto itself graded.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • CatmanCatman Posts: 267 ✭✭
    I know that Knuckles has made custom cards does anyone know how much he charges, how to get in touch with him and will PSA slab them?
    knuckles did mine for a hundred, and its slabbed. but they are only labeled in the blue flip as cut

my Dan Reeves auto was the one he did

"In Al We Trust!"

• << <i>knuckles did mine for a hundred, and its slabbed. but they are only labeled in the blue flip as cut

my Dan Reeves auto was the one he did >>

And it does look nice.

Been trying to get a friend of mine who makes cards to do one for my Steve Owen, but no luck yet.
    get a hold if Jeffrey. alifawa2. he has subbed his customs in my last two submissions. he charges I believe thirty a peeve, and they are really nice. my Lynn Swann cut custom is from him. if you need his contact info pm me.I'm planning on using him for my cuts when the time comes

"In Al We Trust!"

the customs he does look great. though psa will psa/dna them, i dont think they will allow them into the auto'd card set.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Hello everyone,

I just got a phone call from Jane, that puts on the monthly autograph / cardshow here in Canton. She informed me that on March 17th I will be going to Cleveland to pick-up and bring to her show, Cleveland Browns Left Tackle, and Future HALL OF FAMER, Joe Thomas !!!!!! image

Oh, am I BIG TIME EXCITED about this. image

Does anyone have any Mail Order ????

Rock
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭

<< <i>get a hold if Jeffrey. alifawa2. he has subbed his customs in my last two submissions. he charges I believe thirty a peeve, and they are really nice. my Lynn Swann cut custom is from him. if you need his contact info pm me.I'm planning on using him for my cuts when the time comes >>

Thanks for the plug Derrick

<< <i>the customs he does look great. though psa will psa/dna them, i dont think they will allow them into the auto'd card set. >>

Correct, they won't count since they go blueflip.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • If anyone has any interest I am looking to deal this Signed Packers Letter by Jack Vainisi addressed to Henry Jordan. Jack Vainisi is the Packers scout credited with helping create the 60's Packers teams by finding guys like Kramer, Nitschke, Starr, etc. He is a member of the Packers HOF, died in late 1960 at age 33. Making it even more rare is that the letter is to NFL Hall of Famer Henry Jordan. Comes with original envelope as well. Looking to either deal for other vintage Packers I need (prefer 20's-40's, Blood McNally, Len Ford, etc.). Also listening to offers if interested in buying. Thanks!

Huge Packers Fan and Collector - Looking for autographs of Blood McNally, Lavvie Dilweg, Boob Darling, and many others from the 20's/30's.

Also collect 90% silver coins. Always looking for Racine, WI Banknotes.
    Finally able to snag a nice Arnie Herber. It is PSA/DNA authenticated and will likely send it in to PSA/DNA encapsulation. Would be tempted to send it to Leaf for an Executive Cut, but would be a bit pricey in my opinion.

Congrats, I was tempted to pick up the one that said Cordially, I hadnt seen him write that before. Those 2 looked like he used a better marker as compared to a pen
    Nathan Wagner
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Would be tempted to send it to Leaf for an Executive Cut, but would be a bit pricey in my opinion.
    [/IMG] >>

Plus they recommended signatures less than 3inch long, so you would likely lose part of the R.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • I'm pretty thrilled to have this !
    I feel I really got a deal - I wasn't specifically looking for it, although Galimore has always been on my want list ! I know he was a finalist ( Veterans Commitee ) for the HOF many years ago. I'm not sure he has the years & numbers but regardless I am fine with it !

***edit. Ugh. I couldn't load the scan . It's a JSA Willie Galimore GPC from 1960. I know this is a topic that has been discussed but I can't remember how to format it to load for the site. My scan is 90mb or so...Would like to show it to you guys. Quick tips?
    Yeah the one made out "To terry" jsa, Thats a real keeper I didnt see till after the fact. ( I think you could just link the ebay auction)
    Nathan Wagner
  • Great Pick-up. gotta admit, I have NOT been checking Ebay on my "want" list very much lately. Don't know what your top bid was, you may have still won it, but it would have cost you more. That is really one of, if not THE nicest Galimore's I have ever seen. Got Chantilly coming up, plus a trip out West in June. Oh well...glad you won it image

I have a VERY exciting day tomorrow. I am picking up Cleveland Browns left tackle Joe Thomas AT HIS HOUSE in WestLake. Then driving him down to Canton ( approx 1 hour drive ) He is doing Jane's show from 12:30 - 3:00. HOPEFULLY, after that it will be out to eat, over to my house to sign my Rec-Room wall then I am taking him back home. Being from Wisconsin, I am guessing he grew up a Packers fan. I went to the Bank yesterday, got out both of my Curly Lambeau autographs, and both of my Johnny "Blood" McNally auto's, My Jim Thorpe, and my Len Ford contract. I also recently picked up a truly REMARKABLE item. A 1953 Cleveland Browns team signed football that would EASILY grade a 9.0 , 9.5 , or a 10. Hopefully, when he sees what I got out of the Bank, he will want to come visit my mancave. Joe never made it a secret, from the time he was drafted, that he wanted to become a Hall of Fame Inductee. He isn't a shoe-in yet, but he is defintely on the right track. My facebook friends, HOPEFULLY, I will have some pretty good pictures to post tomorrow night. image

Rocke
  • JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Great Pick-up. gotta admit, I have NOT been checking Ebay on my "want" list very much lately. Don't know what your top bid was, you may have still won it, but it would have cost you more. That is really one of, if not THE nicest Galimore's I have ever seen. Got Chantilly coming up, plus a trip out West in June. Oh well...glad you won it image

I have a VERY exciting day tomorrow. I am picking up Cleveland Browns left tackle Joe Thomas AT HIS HOUSE in WestLake. Then driving him down to Canton ( approx 1 hour drive ) He is doing Jane's show from 12:30 - 3:00. HOPEFULLY, after that it will be out to eat, over to my house to sign my Rec-Room wall then I am taking him back home. Being from Wisconsin, I am guessing he grew up a Packers fan. I went to the Bank yesterday, got out both of my Curly Lambeau autographs, and both of my Johnny "Blood" McNally auto's, My Jim Thorpe, and my Len Ford contract. I also recently picked up a truly REMARKABLE item. A 1953 Cleveland Browns team signed football that would EASILY grade a 9.0 , 9.5 , or a 10. Hopefully, when he sees what I got out of the Bank, he will want to come visit my mancave. Joe never made it a secret, from the time he was drafted, that he wanted to become a Hall of Fame Inductee. He isn't a shoe-in yet, but he is defintely on the right track. My facebook friends, HOPEFULLY, I will have some pretty good pictures to post tomorrow night. image

Rocke >>

Make sure you take him to Carolina BBQ!
  • mschwademschwade Posts: 66 ✭✭
    Not a huge score, but I picked this up today and I've never seen another one signed (although I am sure they are out there).

Ohio State football coaches and All-Americans collector.
    Nice card, he picked good spots to sign it too (:
    Nathan Wagner
  • mschwademschwade Posts: 66 ✭✭

<< <i>Nice card, he picked good spots to sign it too (: >>

Thanks! I liked the touch he did by adding Ohio State at the top and the years he played.
    Ohio State football coaches and All-Americans collector.
  • JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    Just a bump. Things are too quiet. Rocke where are you?
    Guess I'll give a little show of what I picked up. Already has the 3x5, but always wanted one of these and for the price, I could not complain since they often sold for a good bit more:

• << <i>Just a bump. Things are too quiet. Rocke where are you? >>

Hey Joe,
    I'm here !! Check the thread everyday, but c'mon. You know me. VERY quiet and reserved. I only speak when I have something relevant to say. LOL

Well, seriously, since you aren't on FB yet, you didn't see the one image picture I posted. A week ago Sunday, I went up to WestLake ( Cleveland suburb ) to Joe Thomas's house. Picked him up and drove him down to Canton for Jane Bosley's monthly show. Had a GREAT conversation with him. After the show took him back home. Unfortunately, there was no stopping at the Rocke Rec-room for him to sign my wall. Joe took my business card, and I gave him one of the Canton Repository's from 1-1/2 years ago when they did the story on me. Showed him a few items, Len Ford contract, Lambeau signed letter, Jim Thorpe signed business card. Joe told me his goal is to become a HOF player. He assured me that we will see each other again, and that he will sign my wall, but between the fact that the day of the show, Wisconsin ( Joe's school ) was playing Ohio State for the Big 10 Championship, and that his wife had just given birth to their first child, ( Logan , a daughter ) he wanted to get back home. A GREAT day for me.

My Brother-In-Law Eric, his sons Eian and Jake, Ben and me, will all be down to Chantilly next week. Are you setting up ?

BUT, we ALL know the MOST IMPORTANT part of this. Am I picking up Old Carolina B-B-Q and bringing you down another feast ?

Let me know.

Rocke