Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Official NFL HOF autograph set thread???

Comments

• revmoranrevmoran Posts: 398 ✭✭
    This was an interesting item with a few great autographs - the Charles A. Way on there was with Canton in 1921 and with Frankford in 1924, Haines is the answer to the question "Who is the only man to play on both a MLB and an NFL championship team?" and Bezdek is the answer to the question, "Who is the only man to manage a MLB team and be head coach of an NFL team?" Killinger was signed by the Giants but didn't see much action with them, and Bedenk was a long time coach at Penn

imageimage
    Here are some other early NFL player pick-ups, although not HOF material, of great interest to me since both Goodwins were team mates of my father on the 1928 Pottsville Maroons and Kostos was his team mate on the Frankford Yellow Jackets - Asplundh was also a Yellow Jacket, although before my father.

• cfhofercfhofer Posts: 258 ✭✭
    Rev,

That is a nice piece. I put a low bid on that. Was surprised how much it went for. I imagine Bezdek drove the cost...he is a pretty tough sig for both football and baseball collectors.

RR had a couple nice football lots last month. The Brooklyn Dodgers lot with a nice Friedman sold for under $300. His autograph has really taken a dive as of late.

Fern....doubt anyone on this forum has a double of Tony Morabito. He is extremely rare. I recommend you write to his family. I believe one of his two daughters is still alive. You may also want to research the different lumbar companies he worked with or owned. May find some business correspondence. Lastly, research his Santa Clara days...may find a signed yearbook. Sigs like his don't pop up on ebay so you'll need to do a little detective work. Good Luck!

Just acquired the estate of George H Brooke, he was an All-American fullback for Penn from 1893-95. He was a member of the infamous 1894 undefeated Penn team. He went on to coach Swarthmore and Penn in the early 1900s. He is also a member of the College Football Hall of Fame. I acquired a large box of photos and correspondence. Will post a few scans soon.

All the best

Mark

<< <i>Rev,

That is a nice piece. I put a low bid on that. Was surprised how much it went for. I imagine Bezdek drove the cost...he is a pretty tough sig for both football and baseball collectors.

Mark >>

I had bid on one other Bezdek a while back and it went much higher than I thought - the second high bidder and I were pretty far out in front of the other bidders - maybe the fact that the only other Bezdek on eBay is BIN for $1,500 pushed it up - I was hoping to sneak in for far less.
  • Hi all.

I'm a long time follower of this message board and have posted in the past. I am a diehard Iowa Hawkeye autograph collector and know a few of you who post on this board. I know all of you have a passion for the great players of football past, so I wanted to bring everyone's attention to a new book out about Duke Slater, who as you know was one of the pioneers of NFL football. A good friend of mine spent years researching Duke and makes a very strong case for Duke being inducted into the Pro Football HOF. Actually, after reading this book, you will be surprised that he has been overlooked for so long. Hopefully this will bring attention to what Duke Slater did for the game of football, and portray how great of a human being he was.

If you would like to order a book or just check out the website, please go to the link below:

Duke Slater book link

Enjoy and thanks for your time.

<< <i>Hi all.

I'm a long time follower of this message board and have posted in the past. I am a diehard Iowa Hawkeye autograph collector and know a few of you who post on this board. I know all of you have a passion for the great players of football past, so I wanted to bring everyone's attention to a new book out about Duke Slater, who as you know was one of the pioneers of NFL football. A good friend of mine spent years researching Duke and makes a very strong case for Duke being inducted into the Pro Football HOF. Actually, after reading this book, you will be surprised that he has been overlooked for so long. Hopefully this will bring attention to what Duke Slater did for the game of football, and portray how great of a human being he was.

If you would like to order a book or just check out the website, please go to the link below:

Duke Slater book link

Enjoy and thanks for your time. >>

My copy of this book arrived today - I highly recommend it - very well done!
  • wju2004wju2004 Posts: 127 ✭✭
    Some very nice stuff to even see, guys. Feel like I still have a lot to learn about a lot of the older players, trying to figure out who really is hall worthy and who are just names of old. Definitely starting to hit the home stretch, though most of the guys I need now (other than about 2 or 3 of them), are in the top 20 hardest to get, of course. I would, at least, like to thank Reese for this beautiful addition to my PC. Got it a while back, but figured I would at least share it here, to let you guys know who ended up with it.

Very nice Neale - glad Donruss made room for his hand written playing information.

Some of you might enjoy this photo, Benny Friedman welcoming Chris Cagle to the New York Giants - Dale Burnett is on the far right and my father is standing next to him with Jack Hagerty sort of blocked over my father's shoulder. Steve Owen is right behind Cagle.

• tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    absolutely love it. Let's see if we can identify all of them. Mike, you probably know already, if so, can you post a R-L line-up?

Jim

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
    Here's what I think - From the left Andrews (coach), Feather, Sedbrook, Comstock, Caywood, Cagle, Steve Owen, unknown, Friedman, Grant, Moran, Hagerty, Burnett -
  • Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭

<< <i>Some very nice stuff to even see, guys. Feel like I still have a lot to learn about a lot of the older players, trying to figure out who really is hall worthy and who are just names of old. Definitely starting to hit the home stretch, though most of the guys I need now (other than about 2 or 3 of them), are in the top 20 hardest to get, of course. I would, at least, like to thank Reese for this beautiful addition to my PC. Got it a while back, but figured I would at least share it here, to let you guys know who ended up with it.

image >>

I'm glad you like it! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Thanks again!

Reese
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
    I just read that Steve Van Buren has passed at age 91. So sad, another great HOFer lost....RIP
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Hey Guys -

I don't usually sell items, and I hope this is OK to post on here...I have 2 rather rare publications that I posted on eBay taking advantage of the free listings. One is the 1927 Knute Rockne Time magazine, and the other is the 1962 Red Packers yearbook. Both are quite rare, but I've decided to part with them in anticipation of an upcoming move.

Let me know if you have any questions, would like additional pics, etc. Here are the links...

1962 Packers Red Label Yearbook

Knute Rockne Time

Thanks!
    Joel
    Hey guys,

There are a couple of cheap signed books on abebooks I wanted to show you guys. The first is a signed Steve Owen book for $30! Unfortunately, someone put a black marker to the entire inscription and signature.....making it only legible up close. But I was assured it is a genuine signature and may be a cheap alternative for some of our younger members on this forum. There are professionals who may be able to clean up the marker. The other steal is a signed book by Paul Bryant for $30.

Here is a scan of the signed Owen. The legible writing above is in pencil and can be erased.

All the best

Mark

Thanks for the heads up on the Steve Owen, Mark. I decided to go ahead and snag it up. Like you said, a very cheap alternative and certainly a nice place holder until I can find another. Can't say I'm a very young collector, but obviously hitting the time when everyone I still need is up there in price. Might look into seeing if I can't get the market cleaned up or something...so if anyone has any tips/leads on that, it would be greatly appreciated. And looks like someone already snagged the Bear Bryant...or at least I couldn't find it. Probably would have held off for someone else to have, but I had to take a chance on the Owen at least, especially for only $30.

Also...I was always curious...when you guys get things like books, etc, do you usually keep the page in there and just have PSA/DNA authenticate that page...or do you remove that one page and have it slabbed? Don't worry, not thinking of tearing it out...I'd be more likely just to get the sticker put on there, but was always curious what some of the big HOF collectors do with such things. I have only been collecting NFL HOFers since late 07, so still fairly new to the whole thing.
    Glad you picked it up wju. I think it is a steal, regardless of the markings. Even if you can't get out the marker completely an unsigned edition sells for around that price anyways.

I noticed that the Bryant book all ready sold too. Hopefully someone here picked it up. That is a $100 book easy.

Now wju...I don't have too much experience with restoration work but I called a few guys who do. They all recommend Jaime Mendez from restorationbyjim.com. If anyone can get the stain out it is him. Keep us updated with this project. I may be sending him a signed 1896 Princeton football banquet program to "clean up".

My personal recommendation for a book like this to keep it intact. I have some rare signed books and I won't even let PSA put their stickers on it. I have purchased cheap signed books by Halas, Grange and Layden over the years (all from abebooks by the way) and removed the signed pages for albums or slabs.

Cheers
  • Nice pick up wju -especially if you can get it cleaned up. Hopefully that's a ink pen sig down there - the marker can be faded down without affecting the pen ink but I'm certain you will always have a nice reminder of someone's dumb-assedness. I have a couple items I was looking to see touched up and restorationbyjim was who I had bookmarked to do so, though I have not gotten to that yet.
    Honestly there are far worse things in the 'verse than what affects our little hobby...but seriously?! What was this knucklehead thinking?
    I don't think I have ever seen a book with the inscription marked out let alone one signed by the author ! Looks brutally intentional too - like something a Redskins fan would do !! ( JK ! )
    I haven't removed any fly leaf sigs from the books I have personally - And I'm with Rev in that I wouldn't like JSA attaching a sticker to it. At this point they are all fine in book sleeves sitting on a shelf - just bigger binders. Anyone have any other thoughts to this topic? I've never had anything larger than a GPC slabbed.
    So, great project with the Owen, wju ! Let us know how it works out.
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Just a thought about authentication stickers for books - I have used the inside back cover for the authentication sticker when I have had books signed at shows where there was free authentication included.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
    Picked up four signed stock certificates by William H "Pa" Corbin. Pa Corbin was captain of the Yale 1888 undefeated and unscored upon championship team. It was the first team that Walter Camp coached. Corbin played center for that team and is a member of the College Football Hall of Fame. He died in 1943. No signature of his has come up for auction or sale (that I am aware of). These stocks were also handwritten by Corbin. Contact me at vintageuofm@yahoo.com if interested.

Here is a sample scan. They all have similar folds and stamp locations (unfortunately through/on Corbin's bold signature). They date from 1915 - 1917.

Cheers

Mark
  • CatmanCatman Posts: 267 ✭✭
    Hi Mark....thanks for the tip about Abe's Books.....I went online and checked it out and purchased a signed copy of "A Legacy of Champions" book about Michigan football. I'm by no means a Michigan fan other than one of the guys that I went to HS with was the 1st black QB in Michigan history, Denny Franklin. I'm a die hard Buckeye fan. The book was signed by Bo Schembechler cost me $20 + an additional $5 for express shipping. I ordered it two days ago and it showed up today in perfect condition. Great book and a cheap way to get a nice Bo signature.
    Cat

I am a huge michigan fan (i have a website of some of my vintage michigan pieces - vintageuofm.tripod.com). $20 for a Bo signed book is a steal. Congrats! Glad I could help, even if you are a fan of that school in Ohio.

all the best

Mark
    All the Pa Corbin stock certificates have been sold. Many thanks to those who replied.

Cheers

Mark
    This is an off topic post but I hope you will indulge me. A friend of mine has written a book and I'm almost finished reading it and I would highly recommend it to all of you. - The Great Muckrock and Rosie by Ross Detwiler. I'll put the publisher's blurb below but here is a link to the publishers website and to Ross's website You can also get the book on Amazon -

Mike Moran

Most of America experienced the Vietnam War only in the form that was delivered in the evening news. The actual fighting and sacrifices in that far off jungle were borne, as is still true to this day, by a miniscule fraction of the population and their families.

There are plenty of history books and scholars that break the war down into miniature, bite-sized chunks of history, politics, science, and statistics. The Great Muckrock and Rosie, however, isn’t about accounting for the war. It is about the fighter pilots who fought that war in the air.

Fly with the men who gave their all in support their fellow troops on the ground in South Vietnam. Fly with them also as they leave the South and enter North Vietnam and Laos in an effort to dam the flow of supplies arriving through the wide open harbor at Haiphong. They pushed on, mission after mission, completing their assigned tasks for sake of doing what they thought was right.

Also meet the women in their lives. Some were adoring wives that waited at home, with little children, for dad to return. Some were single, unattached, and looking for the spice in life that a fighter pilot on leave could provide.

Ross C. Detwiler graduated from the US Air Force Academy in 1966. Two Vietnam tours flying fighters and an additional twenty-five years of service in the Air National Guard earned him twenty three Air Medals, three Distinguished Flying Crosses, the Purple Heart, and the Legion of Merit. He currently lives in Connecticut.
    FYI....

There is a nice copy of "Fabulous Redmen" just listed on abebooks which is signed by the author and Jim Thorpe. The scans look great and they are asking only $650! That is a fantastic deal. The bookseller is All Booked Up out of Louisville, KY. Hope someone here picks it up.

Hope everyone has a nice long weekend.

Cheers

Mark

• raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭
    I tried. had it in my cart but had to register. by the time I got done it sold :-(
    Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt

<< <i>FYI....

There is a nice copy of "Fabulous Redmen" just listed on abebooks which is signed by the author and Jim Thorpe. The scans look great and they are asking only $650! That is a fantastic deal. The bookseller is All Booked Up out of Louisville, KY. Hope someone here picks it up.

Hope everyone has a nice long weekend.

Cheers

Mark >>

That would have been a great price on that, for sure. Would have loved to pick that up, but wouldn't have even had the money even if I'd caught it in time.

As for the Owen...I got it in yesterday and you can see it, but you do have to look very close. It does say With Best Wishes, Sincerely Steve Owen. Can't tell if it's in old pen...or a blue-ish marker underneath.

Have not heard back from the book restorer as of yet, but I will perhaps try and call next week when I get a chance.

Here is a good scan of the book:

Steve Owen
  • Nice scan Wju...I can read it. Again not bad for $30. Would be great if someone could clean up that black marker. Keep us updated with your project.
  • Hi All,

I just wanted share a few pieces that I have purchased lately:

1. A 1964 press release from Channel 7 in New York talking about the film "Run to Daylight". The best part is a killer Vince Lombardi autograph on the top. Just love Lombardi autographs.

imageimage

2. A 1929 Green Bay Packers team pocket mirror. Made by the Stiller photo company.

imageimage

3. A March 24, 1931 signed letter from Packers Hall of famer Howard "Cub" Buck on his Buick car dealership letterhead.

4. A signed contract for the December 15, 1930 exhibition game between the Chicago Bears and the Chicago Cardinals. I was having a hard time finding information about the game so I contacted Dennis Maierhofer. Dennis is a expert when comes to Chicago Bears history. Here is what he told me:

"The game was a postseason exhibition for Governor Emerson's unemployment relief fund and was always intended to be played indoors. On December 7th, the Packers were 9-3-1, the Bears 9-4-1 & the Giants 12-4. Green Bay had a game on December 14th & the other 2 had no games. Halas thought that if the Packers lost that weekend then a game between NY & the Bears would drum up interest & perhaps a following week "playoff" game December 21st vs the Pack against the winner of the NY-Chicago game would warrant merit.

Well, the Packers tied on 12/14 & still had only 3 losses so that was the end of that. Halas still wanted to play the Giants but they didn't want to come here for what would have been just an exhibition game so that was it. I have the contract proposal for that NY-Chicago "indoor" game that no one knows about for the most part.

Seeing as he had verbal permission to use the Stadium, Halas decided for one more payday versus the Cards who wouldn't have to travel, unlike anyone else. The Cards always had money problems & jumped at the chance trying to bill the game as Nevers vs. Nagurski."

This was the "FIRST" indoor football game in Pro Football History. I thought the 1932 Championship game was the first. It just goes to show that you never stop learning about this great game.

Thanks for your time,
    Ed
  • I want to THANK publicly the help I received from some members of this forum, particularly:
    Zaxdad
    Mark: thanks for you patience and for answering all my questions.
    Rocke: thanks, for helping me making the final contact, and for all of those who think Rod is Rocke's imaginary friend, LOL!!!!! Well surprise!!!!! he is not, he is a real person, and it was a pleasure to deal with him!!!!!!!

Thanks to all of you I finally received today the item I had been looking for so long!!!!
    I'm not telling you more details but it was a hard negotiation, LOL!!!!!

So I'm sending some info on the item for your delight since I have not been able to download photos here yet, LOL!!!!
    And some corrections over the JSA letter which has somethings wrong!!!!
    I did my homework reaserching, LOL!!!! They did not!!!!!

Includes 12 owners from 1951 NFL 32nd Season.

Abraham Watner (Owner Baltimore Colts)
    George Halas (owner Chicago Bears)
    Ray C. Bennigsen (PresidentChicago Cardinals)
    Anthony J. Morabito (Owner San Francisco 49ers) HOF Finalist in 1973
    Edwin J. Anderson (Owner of Detroit Lions)
    Emil R. Fischer (Green Bay Packers President 1948-1952) (elected by the hungry 5 responsible of Curly Lambeau resignation) (Also Signed as president in 1950 packers stock certificate).
    Dan Reeves (Owner Los Angeles Rams)

John V. "Jack" Mara (President & Co-Owner of New York Giants) (brother of Wellington, son of Tim Mara)
    New York Yanks (missing Ted Collins)(only 2 seasons in NFL then Dallas Texans 1 year and then Baltimore Colts)
    James P. Clark (owner Philadelphia Eagles "happy 100")
    Art Rooney (Owner Pitsburgh Steelers)
    Artur B. Mickey McBride (Owner Cleveland Browns)
    George Preston Marshall (Owner Washington Redskins)

While in the JSA LOA it says Victor Tony Morabito. Victor was co-owner and Tony's brother, and his signature is not here. It says they are owners of Detroit, but they are really owners of the 49ers and this was just their 2nd season on the NFL since they were previously a team from the AAFC.

Also Received a Bert Bell check from 1941!!!!!

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!!
    Tonight I will be able to sleep without a head ache, LOL!!!!!
    My best wishes!!!!
  • Glad I was able to help Cesar.

All the best

Mark
    Ed,

Those are some fantastic museum-quality items! I've never seen a pocket mirror like that before. And that contract belongs in the pro football hall of fame.

Thanks for sharing.

Mark
    Jay,

PM Sent

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    Got it. You have me thinking.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
    now if only PSA would get my set fixed without me having to do all the leg work to fix their problems with their "database cleanup".
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • All,

There is a beautiful Lavvie Dilweg signed index card currently up for auction at ToddMuellerautographs.com. I've seen several cuts, but nothing this nice. Auction ends this Sunday. Hopefully someone here picks it up.

Cheers

Mark

• Sorry tns, but the hobby thrives when quality pieces sell for a premium.
    Even better for a die hard Packer fan!!
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's

• << <i>image

image >>

That is pretty funny , Jim. I have been the high bidder four different times on that item already, and I currently am now, as well. Unfortunately, I have a bad feeling that it will go for well above what I can come up with at the moment, unless I do really well this Sunday at Jane's show selling a few things. Dilweg is the only autograph I still need to hav all of the ALL-DECADE players from the 1930's.

Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
    go get em doyle!

• Ive been following this thread for a while, I figure I would share this pick-up since it was thanks to this thread that I was reminded about all the potential finds on abebooks. I was able to pick up an autographed copy of The Herman Hickman Reader for only 18.00 delivered. Assuming its real (it seemed OK from the other examples I found online, but if anyone has a better idea one way or the other Im all ears)- I have no idea what the value of his signature is but seemed like a steal to me and fits nicely into my College HOF auto collection (plus I do a lot of work on college and pro football history so even it wasn't signed by him I would have been fairly happy with the purchase).

For those who arent familiar with him, he seems like an fascinating guy- considered one of the best linemen ever when he was at Tennessee, he played in the NFL for the Brooklyn Dodgers for 3 years before moving to coaching (including head coach at Yale). He then was a professional wrestler, a writer (including for Sports Illustrated) and worked in TV and radio. He died in 1958 (at age 46) and was elected to the College Hall of Fame the next year.

If anyone has any suggestions as to whether I should leave the signature as is, cut it out and get it slabbed, or even have it made into a custom card, let me know- Im not really sure what to do with it.

• That is a sweet autograph pick up - and the book is a great read too. I believe he talks about the origin of Heisman trophy in there. I have not removed autographs from books (yet) but I've sold a couple of books and later seen the cuts show up in auctions and they bought a better price than my sale - that might have been because the seller used a better forum or because the cut signaure is more appealing, but I don't know for sure.

I just picked up a hand written letter from Richard Henry Pratt, founder of the Indian Industrial School, Carlisle, PA - a great footnote to football history

• Tugboat

That is a great pickup. I have a few autograph examples of Hickman and the signature on your book matches mine. Can't go wrong for that price. I agree with Rev, leave it in the book. It is worth more in the book than cut up. The problem is a lot of autograph collectors don't think of looking for signed books to fill their collection. I can see why...they take up space and are tough to display. However, I love them...they usually are perfectly preserved - hidden from the sun and rarely handled.

thanks for sharing.

Mark

• Thanks Rev and Mark for the advice- I will definitely leave it intact for now.

It truly seems like every major coach prior to the 1960s wrote at least one book on football, if not more. Since theyre mostly on strategy they go out of use quickly and are probably left alone for a long time. Trying to find signed ones will be something I will be paying attention to much more.

Thats a great Pratt piece. Theres a lot written about him in Sally Jenkins' The Real All-Americans from a couple of years ago- he seemed like an interesting man and a very important football figure.

thanks again
    Alex

• << <i>All,

There is a beautiful Lavvie Dilweg signed index card currently up for auction at ToddMuellerautographs.com. I've seen several cuts, but nothing this nice. Auction ends this Sunday. Hopefully someone here picks it up.

Cheers

Mark >>

Well, I am glad to report that someone on this thread DID win the Lavvie Dilweg. Unfortunately, that someone was NOT me. I went as high as I could, but it wasn't enough. MAJOR Congratulations to the winner. image

Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.

• << <i>

<< <i>All,

Cheers

Mark >>

Well, I am glad to report that someone on this thread DID win the Lavvie Dilweg. Unfortunately, that someone was NOT me. I went as high as I could, but it wasn't enough. MAJOR Congratulations to the winner. image

Rocke >>

Same here, I was bidding - went well out of my comfort zone and then some, but didn't get it. Congrats to the winner!

Joel
  • Luckily for me my comfort zone for bidding on the Dilweg was greatly expanded by the sale of a 1926 Red Grange Yankees program last week - so I put the total up there and woke up the high bidder. I hope a few more come on the market so others can add him to your collection, and I hope the Senior Committee one day gives him a nod for the HOF - he deserves it.
  • Congrats Rev on a great pickup. I think Alex made out pretty well with his Hickman signed book too, since a 3x5 sold for five times what he paid for the book.

While I agree that Dilweg deserves to be in the HOF, I think Duke Slater's omission is a joke. This guy should have been inducted within the first several classes. Hopefully that changes with Neal's new book - which I highly encourage all to get.

Mark

<< <i>Luckily for me my comfort zone for bidding on the Dilweg was greatly expanded by the sale of a 1926 Red Grange Yankees program last week - so I put the total up there and woke up the high bidder. I hope a few more come on the market so others can add him to your collection, and I hope the Senior Committee one day gives him a nod for the HOF - he deserves it. >>

Congrats. I would love to pick one up for my Packers collection. It would be a key addition, but the price got out my range quick.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • For anyone interested there is a reasonable Steve Owen signed book through Stinson currently on ebay for 350
    Turk Edwards also. They seem pretty well priced to me, though the Edwards is in pencil.
    While I didn't give more than a cursory look I know there are fine folks here who will !
    Rev, congrats on Lavvie .
    We only hate you because of jealousy.
    Other than that we all love you!! Seriously, when was the last time someone here picked up a Dilweg item? Or Verne Llewellyn ?