Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Official NFL HOF autograph set thread???

Comments

• cfhofercfhofer Posts: 258 ✭✭
    While Pollard was inducted into the pro hof in 2005, he was inducted into the college hof in 1954.....32 years before he died. In the circle of college hof collectors he is not very tough. He was trading in the $400-600 range pre 2005.

• << <i>

Hopefully I don't offend anyone by posting this, but have you all seen the Thrope cut/large GU jersey available? This card is unreal...

Jim Thorpe Cut/GU Auto >>

Wow...Those morons at the card companies cut up 2 perfectly good pieces of history. It makes me sad to see items like these destroyed. Would you cut up a Van Gogh? A Michelangelo? A Da Vinci? It seems selfish to do it to make a few bucks in the meantime.

I will never sell my GU items to a card company!

No disrespect to the orignal poster!

By the way - I am still looking for a Curly Lambeau to complete my Packers HOF collection. Rod has one posted on eBay that's pretty nice, but I was hoping for a single IC...(not in a tracking card! lol!! )

Joel
    FYI....

For those who still need Bill Hewitt there is a signed check (from Bert Bell) on Clean Sweep Auctions ending next week.

Hope someone here picks it up.

Cheers

Mark
  • wolfedenwolfeden Posts: 77 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Just to add my thoughts on the list above. I agree with 1-4, I feel 5. should be Pollard 6. Henry 7. Hewitt 8. Hewitt 9. Marshall 10. Reeves

I have seen maybe 5 Fritz Pollard autographs through the years and a few more Henry signatures so I feel they should be ahead of the rest.

On a side note, I have been doing a lot of work to my web site. I am adding individual pages for players and have started with the players that for years have had either no information or incorrect information published in various places. A few names like: John 'King' Cole, Jay T. Berquist, Alex Bobidosh, Sidney Gepford, Richard 'Dutch' Vick, George 'Babe' Ruetz, Vincent S. Shekleton, Walter Le Jean and many more are now listed. If you click on their name in the year they died, the page will pop up.

It is a work in progress. I have about 50 or so done and doing more all the time.

I also did some work with the vintage photo section where people can post some pictures. If you go to the GALLERY, click on one of the ALBUMS, and watch it using the 'view as slideshow' - you will see and hear some great pictures and music.

Let me know what you think since I always value the opinions of our group.

Jim

OldestLivingProFootball.com >>

Hey Jim,
    You have Hewitt listed at 7 AND 8. I am guessing that you meant one to be Hewitt, and one to be Kiesling. Jim, Just my opinion, but I just could not agree with you that Pollard is more difficult than Kiesling to find. My friend Rod Winzinek, another Canton collector Bob Johnson, myself, and fellow collectors, and members of this thread, Rev. Mike, Reese, and Joe ( JMDVM ) ALL got their Pollard's BEFORE they got their Kiesling's. In fact, Joe and Reese are still waiting on their Kiesling's. Not that I have seen boatloads of Kiesling's, but in the last 7-8 years, I know I have seen at LEAST 12-15 Pollard's. I know an Ebay dealer that had SEVEN himself. As far as I know, he has sold only one. He still has the others as far as I know. Fritz bought like seven gravesites. Had to sign a separate contract for each plot. Somebody got the contracts and sold them to an Ebay dealer. I have seen them on Ebay , HuntAuctions , Huggins & Scott, RRAuction, and others. The only person, with an advanced collection, that I am PERSONALLY aware of, that got a Kiesling BEFORE a Pollard, is my friend Camille ( CowboysJunkie1972 )
    I would like to hear from, Ed Wolfe, Bart ( BDBOP ), Bill (ZaxDad) , and anyone else that collects autos on ANY medium, that has a Kiesling AND/OR a Pollard, and let us know which one you have, and which one you got FIRST. But, just to be sure from Ed, I know you have multiple Kiesling's, but have been looking for a Pollard with the same enthusiasm as you have looked for Kiesling? Or, years ago, were you looking for Kiesling because of association with the Packers, but not really looking that hard for a Pollard? Just wondering. >>

I do have currently 3 Walter Kieslings: 1947 handwritten letter to Johnny Blood, 1948 Green Bay Packers team sheet and the 1941 Pittsburgh Steelers team signed photo. Currently I do not have a Fritz Pollard but I have been looking for one. Unfortunately I did not start to look for a Pollard until he was elected to the Pro football hall of fame. Not to smart on my part. I will end up paying a lot more for mine then most of you that found yours before his Pro hall election. Rocke is correct in his assumption that I was looking for Walter Kiesling because of his association with the Green Bay Packers. I also feel that Kiesling autographs are more plentiful then Pollards. I have not seen that many Pollards but I guess I have not been looking in the right places. I also think Raider guy hit on the head about kiesling autographs.

Rocke, as far as your list I would move Guy Chamberlain ahead of Steve Owen into 11. Other then that I agree with your list. I guess to make it more accurate you would have to look at breaking it down by states or regions of the country. What I mean by that if you look at lets say Wisconsin where I live, we have more of Curly Lambeau's, Arnie Herber's, Blood McNally's and even Kiesling's because of their connection with the Green Bay Packers. I know that would make the list much more complicated. But It would be fun to see how it would affect the ranking's.

Ed
    Hi All,

I was looking at the next up an coming Huggins and Scott auction and was wondering if these the first Pete Rozelle NFL checks that have been released into the hobby?? I do not remember seeing any other one's and not in any quantity. Are we looking at a Bert Bell like check hoard for Pete Rozelle?? Does anybody know anything about this ??

Thanks,
    Ed
  • revmoranrevmoran Posts: 398 ✭✭
    I had not seen Rozelle NFL checks before - there are some great items in that auction.

Ed, does your Kiesling to McNally letter have interesting content? They were both on the 1928 Pottsville Maroons with my father (sadly, not a very successful season)

I have a 3x5 card where McNally wrote "We beat the Yellow Jackets in 1926" His bravado was better than his memory, since Frankford topped Duluth 10 - 0 that year - and according to the newspapers it was a "slugfest"

I would agree with Chamberlin being harder to find than Owen, although the regional considerations you mentioned might play in here - maybe Chamberlain would be easier to find in Nebraska.
  • raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Hopefully I don't offend anyone by posting this, but have you all seen the Thrope cut/large GU jersey available? This card is unreal...

Jim Thorpe Cut/GU Auto >>

Wow...Those morons at the card companies cut up 2 perfectly good pieces of history. It makes me sad to see items like these destroyed. Would you cut up a Van Gogh? A Michelangelo? A Da Vinci? It seems selfish to do it to make a few bucks in the meantime.

I will never sell my GU items to a card company!

No disrespect to the orignal poster!

By the way - I am still looking for a Curly Lambeau to complete my Packers HOF collection. Rod has one posted on eBay that's pretty nice, but I was hoping for a single IC...(not in a tracking card! lol!! )

Joel >>

No disrespect taken at all. I don't view an index card as a piece of history. If I can cut an index card and present it in a better way, I see nothing wrong with that. Take my Reeves from the dinner menu I created with Garret's help. I don't regret that for one second!! I do, however, completely understand the feeling towards the jersey though. But I know I'll never own a complete Thorpe or $4.4 Million Babe Ruth jersey. On one hand I hate seeing it happen the way it does - but on the other I think it's pretty cool that I could own a piece of jersey/bat/etc from the greatest athletes in the world at a fair price. What irks me is companies selling things like stadium seats - cutting them to look like bat pieces - throwing a Babe Ruth photo on the card, and simply labeling it a "Relic" even though it has no direct affiliation to Ruth himself.

But that's a debate that could go on forever. If it came from a one of a kind jersey it'd be a tragedy. If it came from a run of the mill (if there is such a thing) practice jersey or something like that I see nothing wrong with it. It does appear that the card states it is a game used Thorpe jersey - which if that really is the case - I agree that it's too bad the jersey ended the way it did. Had it been one of those jackets like we've seen in the past, I'd have felt better about it.
    Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
    OK I appologize for getting this thread a little off topic. But I came across this:

Thorpe GU Jersey

I don't believe it is the jersey used on the cut based on the colors presented, but this was a pretty cool item. I don't know if that's the type of jersey that was worn back then or not (Rev you probably know better), but this auction states it as "game worn." Is there any provenance that it was actually "game worn?" It says it came from his 3rd wife - who he didn't marry until the 40s (30 years after this jersey would have been "in a game"). And if this auction beholds what could very well be the only GU Thorpe "jersey" even though the relic on the card doesn't have the coloration from the Lelands jersey, is there more in existence, or is the card's jersey perhaps bogus? Is it a baseball jersey perhaps? Again I'm sorry to get a little off topic, but thought this would bring up some educational responses from some who hopefully know more about it than me.

**EDIT: AFTER SEEING SOME OF HIS BASEBALL INSERT CARDS, I BELIEVE THE SWATCH IS FROM A BASEBALL JERSEY - NOT THE BULLDOG ONE. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON HIS BASEBALL JERSEYS??***

***EDIT #2 - LOOKS LIKE A 1918 THORPE JERSEY SOLD FOR ROUGHLY $60,000. I'M GUESSING THAT'S WHAT THE CARDS ARE MADE OUT OF:

Thorpe Baseball***

(Sorry this is as big as I can get it)

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
    In that Lelands auction they say "the only surviving jersey of Jim Thorpe" so someone is not entirely grounded in the truth. The issue of authenticity of game worn items is a hot topic even for recent players let alone the pioneers.

I bought a "game worn" relic card for Ken Strong and sent a picture of it to his son - he told me his father only sold one game worn jersey and it was blue, not red (or the opposite, I don't remember, I've since bought cards with both colors) Donruss said it came from an equipment manager.

Did anyone see Mike Francesa grill the president of SCP over the game worn Ruth jersey that just sold for $4.4 million - check it out Francesa

In the old days the players often had to supply their own uniforms for practice, especially pre-season - things were just not that tightly run.

Jim Thorpe's last wife practically sold his body to a town in PA so who knows what she was capable of when it came to selling "authentic" Jim Thorpe items after his death. I would like to see the evidence before I put too much value into such claims.
    I forget the name, but the person who is deemed to have "The Best Memorabilia Collection" has one from his Carlisle days as well. Not too sure about Lelands wording is shady at best in their auction.

And I agree with your statements about his wife. When he died he basically had his name and that's all. I think she rode it for all she could.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    For anyone working on the registry set or looking to make upgrades, I've listed a number of cards on ebay that will end tomorrow night! Most of the cards are either PSA 9s or 10s. Please take a look!

Link
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • Check your link Reese. It didn't bring me to your auctions.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
    Thanks Frank! I fixed it!
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Rev I sent a PM regarding some memorabilia relating to your dad.

"In Al We Trust!"

I got this one back from PSA today!

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Congrats Reese. Ford is a toughie.
  • BTW Reese, PM sent
  • wju2004wju2004 Posts: 127 ✭✭
    Hey guys. I have been picking up a few PSA/DNA things as of late. Did just send off a package to them today with 3 things for me and 11 for my LCS. Here's what I've been picking up (Using links to keep the scans from flooding the page):

Norm Van Brocklin

John Madden

Mike Michalske

Cal Hubbard

Big thanks to a fellow member here on CU for this addition:

Jim Conzelman
    A thank you to Raiderguy10 who took the time to alert me to this auction - not a card but some on this forum might find this interesting - I have the program from this game and now this stub and some newspaper clippings - my father was injured and didn't play in this game, but it was the decisive game that gave his team the 1926 championship

Awesome. Very glad you were able to pick it up Rev. Going to a home it squarely belongs. Pretty cool tohave a ticket from your dads rookie year even if he wasn't able to play!

"In Al We Trust!"

What a great item. Congratulations Rev.

Ed
    Those are some awesome autographs. Congrats WJU2004.

Ed
    Very cool ticket Mike. Congrats!
  • Rev- That's not a collectible, that's an artifact. Amazing piece. Congrats!
  • Nice ticket - excellent pickup!

I am bidding on what hopefully will be the final piece to my Packer collection puzzle - a Lambeau autograph that Rod is selling on eBay. The extra appeal to me is that it has another former Packer signature on the piece as well - not anyone who was a big name, but an early teammate. Funny that I've purchased my 2 other 'toughies' from Rod (Herber and McNally) - makes me wonder if these are his 'cast aways' what the good stuff looks like! I'd like to upgrade my Jordan at some point to an index card from a check and my Don Huston to a blue ball point IC from black IC.

Joel
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to share my recent Steeler HOF pickups.

imageimage

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Nice Steeler RC's. Congrats Bobby
  • CatmanCatman Posts: 267 ✭✭
    I just picked up my Lombardi autograph. A check made out to fellow HOFer Willie Davis. I'm getting there, I'm down to 15 to complete my collection.

• Nice Pick-up, Dave. That check was made out just ELEVEN days before I entered the world. I hope to own one someday that was made out on Oct. 28th, 1960. Think that would be pretty cool. image
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • Awesome check! Double bonus that it's made out to Willie Davis!!!

These have really seemed to dry up in the past few years!

Mine was made out to the NFL and is from 1959 right after he joined the team and is a yellow check rather than the blue payroll account ones. The picture isn't the greatest, but here it is...

Joel
    When you have a few card companies cutup a few hundred pieces each it doesn't take long to dry up

"In Al We Trust!"

• << <i>When you have a few card companies cutup a few hundred pieces each it doesn't take long to dry up >>

Ha! No doubt. Glad I have a full one!
    Me to :-) . Shame they end up cutting Dominics name in the process too. That's two cool packer HOF individuals on these checks

"In Al We Trust!"

• wju2004wju2004 Posts: 127 ✭✭
    Very nice checks, guys!

I ended up getting one of his 02 SP Legendary Cuts because they were his best cuts out there. Dominics name is actually pretty clean on the cut, not a lot of it cut off at all.
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Hey guys - I wanted to share a recent pickup...a Greasy Neale cut auto'd card. I paid $650 for it - which I thought was reasonable. I wish the cut was larger (it's a strip of paper), however the autograph is very nice.

After this pickup, my want list has shrunk to 14 HOFers - list below:

Charles Bidwell
    Joe Carr
    Guy Chamberlin
    Paddy Driscoll
    Turk Edwards
    Joe Guyon
    Wilbur Pete Henry
    Bill Hewitt
    Walt Kiesling
    Curly Lambeau
    Tim Mara
    George Preston Marshall
    Fritz Pollard
    Hugh "Shorty" Ray

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Congrats Greg. Neale autos are tough to find. I like the fact that you have his nickname "Greasy" and the full last name in the cut. Mine as the full name, buth the 'e' in Neale is covered.image
    You are definitely in the "home stretch" with this set. Keep us posted.
  • I don't have it yet, but I sprung for the final piece to my Packer collection. I wanted an index card, but I thought this was too cool to pass up. It's a page from the 1963 HOF induction program. Also signed by Sammy Powers.

From Wiki: Samuel R. Powers (May 26, 1897 – October 1969) was a professional football player who was an original member of the Green Bay Packers. He played for the Packers beginning in 1919, two years before the team joined the National Football League. His career ended after the 1921 season.

So to have 2 of the founding members on one sheet is pretty cool to me as a Packer fan!

Now the question is, what do I do with it? It's not PSA or JSA yet, although I should have it looked it - I do not want them to sticker it. Will they not touch it? I'm not sure how I want to display it yet either...or make it a cut?

Thoughts?

Joel

From one Packers collector to another that is an awesome item Joel.

Have them put the authentication sticker on the back. I think its looks great so I would leave it the way it currently is.

Once again Congrats.

Ed
  • tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    That is one nice item! By the way, he died on October 14, 1969 - Samuel R. Powers

Jim

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731

• << <i>Nice ticket - excellent pickup!

I am bidding on what hopefully will be the final piece to my Packer collection puzzle - a Lambeau autograph that Rod is selling on eBay. The extra appeal to me is that it has another former Packer signature on the piece as well - not anyone who was a big name, but an early teammate. Funny that I've purchased my 2 other 'toughies' from Rod (Herber and McNally) - makes me wonder if these are his 'cast aways' what the good stuff looks like! I'd like to upgrade my Jordan at some point to an index card from a check and my Don Huston to a blue ball point IC from black IC.

Joel >>

Joel, First of all, Congratulations on winning the Lambeau page from Rod on Ebay. I have seen it in person, and I know that you will be VERY happy with it. Rod has seen my collection, ( as you may or may not know, I am only missing three ) and Rod did recently hurt my feelings during breakfast. I asked him if he had any autographs in HIS collection, that he would trade for that persons autograph in MY collection. After thinking for a moment, he told me NO !!!! Now, granted, Anything I have that I bought from him, I understand. I have my Jim Thorpe signed " Jim Thorpe Supper Club and Casino " Business card, My Len Ford Cleveland Browns contract, My Bill Hewitt index card, and a couple others from him. Plus some of my other items I am very proud to own. BUT, his collection almost defy's description. If you are registered with Legendary Auctions, check out the April 2002 MastroNet Auction Lot # 1509. Rod's Guy Chamberlin autograph is the two page handwritten letter in Guy's handwriting, from 1966 that "chronicles" his career. I couldn't believe that Rod wouldn' take my Walt Kiesling letter on Steeler letterhead from 1940, which is on this thread back some 50 pages or so. But then I remembered Rod's Kiesling is a Team signed sheet from 1934 that, along with being signed by Kiesling, also has, George Halas, George Musso, Bill Hewitt, Link Lyman, Beattie Feathers, Red Grange, and Bronko Nagurski. Now, remember, even though it is signed by SEVEN Hall of Famers, he only counts this as his KIESLING autograph. For example, Nagurski is on this sheet, BUT, he counts his Nagurski autograph as his Chicago Bears contract from ( I forget ) either 1933 or 1934. Send him a message through Ebay, and tell him to join this forum !!!! Believe me, I have told him, maybe a little prodding from someone else will get him to do it.

Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
    I had some grades pop today. I'm glad everything came back authentic! I'm surprised by some of the PSA 1's and 2's in the mix....

EXCELLENT 5 1951 BOWMAN 31 ALEX LOYD PSA/DNA CERTIFIED
    VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1951 BOWMAN 54 TED FRITSCH PSA/DNA CERTIFIED
    VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1951 BOWMAN 71 PAUL LIPSCOMB PSA/DNA CERTIFIED
    N0: AUTHENTIC 1951 BOWMAN 85 JULES RYKOVICH PSA/DNA CERTIFIED
    POOR 1 1951 BOWMAN 102 BOBBY LAYNE PSA/DNA CERTIFIED
    VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1952 BOWMAN SMALL 74 JOE CAMPANELLA PSA/DNA CERTIFIED
    GOOD 2 1952 BOWMAN SMALL 84 BUDDY PARKER PSA/DNA CERTIFIED
    VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1952 BOWMAN SMALL 129 JACK CHRISTIANSEN PSA/DNA CERTIFIED
    EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1952 BOWMAN SMALL 14 PAUL BROWN PSA/DNA CERTIFIED
    VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1955 BOWMAN 119 FRANK GATSKI PSA/DNA CERTIFIED
    EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1955 TOPPS ALL-AMER. 90 CHARLEY O'ROURKE PSA/DNA CERTIFIED
    EXCELLENT 5 1955 TOPPS ALL-AMER. 56 ERNIE NEVERS PSA/DNA CERTIFIED
    POOR 1 1948 LEAF 29 CHARLEY TRIPPI PSA/DNA CERTIFIED
    POOR 1 1948 LEAF 36 BILL DUDLEY PSA/DNA CERTIFIED
    N0: AUTHENTIC 1948 LEAF 37 GEORGE CONNOR PSA/DNA CERTIFIED
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

• << <i>Hey Derrick, No, it's not ROD that's holding out. It's the person in Bert Bell's family that has all the checks, that's been putting them in the Huggins & Scott auctions for the last couple of years. Bill Huggins told me that there are a LOT more checks still to come, but he doesn't know what is left that has a rare signature on it....ie: like another Joe Carr, or Tim Mara plus the approx. 15 - 18 Hewitt chcks. Here's the thing. NFL players are paid by check for EACH game of the season. ALWAYS have been. Hewitt played THREE years for the Eagles. Each year they played eleven games. that's thirty three total, so thirty three game checks. So there will be more Hewitt checks to come. Bill told me, and I DO believe him, that he has no idea if there are any more Mara, Carr, or possibly Bidwill or Ray checks out of the many left to come, but I feel certain there will be more Hewitt's. >>

Don't know if anyone has seen this or not, but in the new RRAuction there is dual signed Bert Bell / Carl Stork check, and a Bert Bell / Davey O'Brien check. Wondering if Bert Bell's son is testing out a different auction house ?????
    Rocke
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Now the question is, what do I do with it? It's not PSA or JSA yet, although I should have it looked it - I do not want them to sticker it. Will they not touch it? I'm not sure how I want to display it yet either...or make it a cut?
    >>

Since that will get a full letter, you can have the sticker placed on the letter itself. Since the letter will have the items image, the link is made that way.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    Couldn't they do something like this with the page? It looks like it is encapsulated...not sure though...

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731

<< <i>Couldn't they do something like this with the page? It looks like it is encapsulated...not sure though...

image >>

That's the 8x10 encapsulation. The only way to get that is by having the autograph graded and it can't be bigger than an 8x10. I have a couple like that in my collection

"In Al We Trust!"

• HI:

I BEEN LOOKING TO GET A VERY RARE AN TOUGH AUTOGRAPH, IT HAS BEEN A HEAD ACHE, SINCE I HAVE ONLY SEEN 2 AND THEY ARE NOT AVAILABLE ANY MORE.
    I'M LOOKING FOR:

TONY MORABITO (FOUNDER AND 1ST OWNER OF THE 49ERS)
    VIC MORABITO (CO-OWNER AND BROTHER OF TONY)

IF ANYONE HAS ONE THAT IS WILLING TO SELL OR TRADE, JUST LET ME KNOW.
    WOULD ALSO THANK ANYONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO GET ONE.

I REALY HOPE ANYONE HERE CAN HELP ME!!!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE
    MY BEST WISHES

• << <i>HI:

I BEEN LOOKING TO GET A VERY RARE AN TOUGH AUTOGRAPH, IT HAS BEEN A HEAD ACHE, SINCE I HAVE ONLY SEEN 2 AND THEY ARE NOT AVAILABLE ANY MORE.
    I'M LOOKING FOR:

TONY MORABITO (FOUNDER AND 1ST OWNER OF THE 49ERS)
    VIC MORABITO (CO-OWNER AND BROTHER OF TONY)

IF ANYONE HAS ONE THAT IS WILLING TO SELL OR TRADE, JUST LET ME KNOW.
    WOULD ALSO THANK ANYONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO GET ONE.

I REALY HOPE ANYONE HERE CAN HELP ME!!!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE

I'll see what I can find out, but a KILLER item just recently sold at auction, and was won by, well you guessed it. American Memorabilia had a Owners Meeting sheet from 1951 in their Feb. 2012 Auction. The sheet was signed by Twelve owners, including Art Rooney, George Halas, Arthur "Mickey" McBride, George Preston Marshall, Dan Reeves, and A.J. Morabito. He paid just over $1,900.00 for it. It is a STUNNING piece of NFL History. I doubt he will sell it. Just google " American Memorabilia 1951 National Football League Rooney Mara Halas " Could someone PLEASE post a link to it. I about fell over at breakfast a few weeks ago when he laid it down in front of me !!!
    Rocke
    MY BEST WISHES >>

Hi Guys,

Here is that piece that rocke is talking about.

Ed
  • Thanks, Ed. Pretty cool item isn't it. I rarely even pay attention to Victor's auction anymore, because he never has anything good. I don't know where he came up with this jewel, but I wasn't surprised that Rod won it.
    Rocke
    I won a Legendary Auction a couple weeks ago, and the package arrived today. Was a little shocked to see this in the pile, as the auction just had G Allen (didn't know if it was George but am REALLY happy it was). The lot was precertified by PSA/DNA (Steve Grad), but I wanted to get your guys' OK before I decide what to do with it. Usually the auction house will send a Auction letter COA but I didn't get one this time. Is that normal of Legendary??

"In Al We Trust!"