Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Official NFL HOF autograph set thread???

Comments

• It's not an autographed item, but I thought the followers of this thread might appreciate this program I picked up

imageimage
    imageimage
  • CatmanCatman Posts: 267 ✭✭
    If anyone has a 1955 Bowman Dick Stanfel card that is in nice shape and unsigned, please PM me if they are interested in selling.
    A couple of my latest pickups.
  • raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭
    Rev -

I sent you a PM about some old Yellow Jacket autos.....was curious if they were on the team Hap was on or not.
    Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • bdbopbdbop Posts: 102 ✭✭

I have just been sent a box of mostly football signatures (cards, index cards and photos) to try to sell for a noted dealer/friend. While he has given me a price guideline (no prices are listed), he also has given me the right to negotiate for him on these items. There are a lot of good vintage names (early Packers, Pottsville Maroons, Decatur Staleys, etc...) in this list.

The link is: http://www.raresigs.com/grabbagitems.htm

Bart
  • In case any one is looking for a George Allen signed card one was just listed on ebay.

George Allen Signed 1974 TOPPS REDSKINS Card died-1990 PSA/DNA

• jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    that didnt last long. glad i have mine already.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    I'm forced to sell a few top items from my personal collection. Hopefully they will end up in good homes!

Four Horseman/Len Ford/ James Braddock 1955 Signed Sports Night Program with 10 signatures (Ford among top 10 most difficult football HOF auto)
    Fritz Pollard w/ Brown University Inscription Custom Cut Auto Card created by Knuckles PSA/DNA (Among Top 10 most difficult football HOF autograph)
    Bill Hewitt Signed Index Card PSA/DNA (D. 1947) (Tough Among Top 10 most difficult HOF Football Autograph)
    1949 NY Giants Signed Program with 31 Signatures featuring HOF Coach Steve Owen (Among top 10 most difficult HOF Football Auto)
    Bronko Nagurski 2001 UD F/X Legendary Cuts Auto PSA 9

Ebay Listings

Thanks,
    Reese
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
    OK guys need your reassurance again. You all know my story and how I have to purchase things that are too good to pass up (I've got 19 left now).

I was thinking this would go much, much higher. I think I got it about $200 less than where it should have ended (and a 1/1 to boot). Good, bad, or an average buy?

McNally 1/1

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Good buy of a great autograph! Congrats!
    It came in today, and is gorgeous. It's my new 2nd favorite to my collection after my Al Davis auto.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Nice card...congrats!
    Great buy and great looking card Raider Guy
  • WOW !!!! Hey Derrick, I can't get over the difference between the picture on Ebay, and the picture you posted. The one you posted, the autograph is VERY nice ( except for the "J" in John being cut off " , and the picture on Ebay looks like it was signed with the same shi*tty pen that about 98% of the Vince Lombardi checks were signed with. VERY nice pick-up at a GREAT price.
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
    Thanks Rocke. I was surprised how good it looked. The ebay scan made it look choppy. I cropped my scan when I got it and it looks a little blurry because of it. The signature is extremely crisp. Couldn't believe it when I saw it. The 'J' is cutoff at the top but I'm happy to get a Johnny and Blood on the same signature. I'm guessing they cutoff a personalization and that's why the J is like that. I won't complain....I'm 150% happy with it.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Hi All,

Just wanted to share some of the autographs that came in the last RR auction from the Green Bay Packers lot that I won.

1. Cub Buck autographed 3 X 5 with the most info I have ever seen jammed onto a 3 X 5 sized card. Autograph was signed 3/16/1931. One of the tougher Green Bay Packer greats from that time period.

2. Lavvie Dilweg autographed 3 X 5. Signed 11/11/1946. Should be considered for the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

3. Gene Ronzani letter. Signed 12/19/1933. 2 days after the Chicago Bears defeated the New York Giants for the 1933 NFL Title.

Ed

Raider Guy- Awesome signed Johnny "blood" McNally card!! You never can go wrong buying blood autographs.
  • cfhofercfhofer Posts: 258 ✭✭
    Nice vintage green bay sigs Wolf. Congrats and thanks for sharing!!
  • Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone would please mailing address for Ron Wolf and Ed Debartolo jr. Also has anyone had any luck with Bud Adams?

Thanks
    Andre W.
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone would please mailing address for Ron Wolf and Ed Debartolo jr. Also has anyone had any luck with Bud Adams?

Thanks >>

You can send Wolf c/o the Packers
    Debartolo send c/o DeBartolo Sports and Entertainment 15436 N. Florida Ave, Ste 200 Tampa, FL 33613
    I've tried Adams several times c/o the Titans and he never responded

Good luck!

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg

<< <i>It came in today, and is gorgeous. It's my new 2nd favorite to my collection after my Al Davis auto.

image >>

You got a great deal on the McNally. A signed 74 or 75 Fleer will set you back $400 to $500 easily. Thanks for sharing the scan.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    I FINALLY added another signed card to my HOF collection - Jim Thorpe. I paid $2500 for this in an off-E-Bay purchase. It's the nicest cut autographs that I've seen of the 8 or 10 that I have seen.

I'm close to adding another HOFer which would put me at 15 and tied with Jay.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • That's a REALLY nice Thorpe signature. Congrats Greg!
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • That is a great looking Jim Thorpe autograph. Congrats Greg.

I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving. Congrats to the Green Bay Packers going to 11-0.
  • Very nice Thorpe Greg, really clean !
    It's probably just me, but does anyone else get a little bugged to see documents cut up for the card co.'s to slab inserts ? A personal check or bowling shoe rental agreement form is ok I guess, but can you imagine Topps getting a hold of the documents of Dutch Sternaman the HOF was displaying recently ? Seems a little like paring down history -of which there is very little anyway. Insert a chit and let the lucky winner opt its care (hopefully document care or matte display).
    Congrats though Greg ! Don't get me wrong -not wanting to sound like I'm hatin'! haha !
    Still holding at 11 in NorCal.
    Happy Thanksgiving to all ! Go Niners ! ( This means you too raiderguy !)
    Ha I'm not a typical Raider fan. I have no ill feelings towards the niners. My brother is a huge niner fan....would love a Niner Raider Super Bowl someday.

"In Al We Trust!"

<< <i>I FINALLY added another signed card to my HOF collection - Jim Thorpe. I paid $2500 for this in an off-E-Bay purchase. It's the nicest cut autographs that I've seen of the 8 or 10 that I have seen.

I'm close to adding another HOFer which would put me at 15 and tied with Jay.

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

nice pick up greg. i still have to send in my sabols to PSA!!
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    has anyone found out what the set registry policy is for the Leaf Custom Cut cards?

will psa allow them in the registry is the big question.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    I couldn't agree with you more Pup....but clearly there is a huge market for these type of cards. For the price these cards demand I would rather purchase a signed letter or document.

That being said....this Thorpe is one of the nicest cut cards I've ever seen. Congrats Greg!

<< <i>has anyone found out what the set registry policy is for the Leaf Custom Cut cards?

will psa allow them in the registry is the big question. >>

Jay,

Are the custom cuts where you send in a cut to Leaf and they'll make a card for you?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:

<< <i>

<< <i>has anyone found out what the set registry policy is for the Leaf Custom Cut cards?

Jay,

Are the custom cuts where you send in a cut to Leaf and they'll make a card for you?

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

greg,

yes that is what i am talking about. you send them a PSA/DNA or JSA authenticated auto and they make a custome cut auto card for you.

Jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's

<< <i>

<< <i>

Jay,

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

greg,

yes that is what i am talking about. you send them a PSA/DNA or JSA authenticated auto and they make a custome cut auto card for you.

Jay >>

Jay,

I e-mailed PSA earlier this year about the Custom Cuts and they won't grade the card (i.e. red flip) - they will only authenticate the autograph (i.e. blue flip). Too bad...huh?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Jay,

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

greg,

Jay >>

Jay,

I e-mailed PSA earlier this year about the Custom Cuts and they won't grade the card (i.e. red flip) - they will only authenticate the autograph (i.e. blue flip). Too bad...huh?

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

well it would be bad if i had bought a bunch of autos for cuts just for this set. but i am not sitting on any. it is bad in the sense that it might be the only way to get some of the guys that we are both missing into the set.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • In case anyone is looking for one, it's not mine, but someone just listed an Al Davis signed card on eBay. It's item #160689560832
    Here is the Link

Jay,

We should petition PSA to allow us to add the custom cut card. After all, how else are we going to finish the set?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • We should petition PSA to allow us to add the custom cut card. After all, how else are we going to finish the set?

I'm begiining to agree with you Greg on this. It may be the only way to get those impossible to find autos on a card to finish this set. Unless PSA makes some other type of exception
    for some reason i dont see psa chaning their thoughts on this. which is a shame. this would not only apply to our set but also the other HOF auto sets as well.

not sure they really care about the auto'd cards sets. they tend to slip through the cracks in the set of the year awards as well.

it doesnt bother too much anymore. most of us are stuck where we are with this set unless each new class is inducted. the number of the auto's of guys that are out there but tough to get normally doesnt turn up much on ebay. so unless the card co's start really going after hard autos again we will be out of luck. len ford, dan reeves etc are just tough to find either a cut card or signed card on ebay. i have been looking pretty consistently for the last 5 years and they are rare to spot.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    I just sent an e-mail to Joe and copied Jay and Frank....I'll let you know what I hear back.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • I read the email. Thanks for copying me Greg. let's see what comes of it.
    Greg,

Thanks for sending the email. It would be nice if they change it but for some reason I doubt that they will.

Jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • I just added a few cards to my registry set (moved up to 6th overall) and had a question about converting blue flips to red flips to add to my registry. What is the cost to to have my flips changed? I have around 50 blue flips that if converted I could add to my registry. Thanks, Tim.

• << <i>I just added a few cards to my registry set (moved up to 6th overall) and had a question about converting blue flips to red flips to add to my registry. What is the cost to to have my flips changed? I have around 50 blue flips that if converted I could add to my registry. Thanks, Tim. >>

The cards with blue flips can be submitted under any level of service and can also be submitted under any of the Monthly Specials that apply. I usually save a bunch of them up and send them in under one of the specials to try and get the lowest price. Just be aware that you can only submit all blue flips on an order, no mixing red flips with "Authentic" or raw cards.
    Along those same lines - I contacted PSA/DNA about a quantity discount. I am about 40 cards away from them allowing me to send in my cards to have slabbed and authenticated (blue flip) for only $10 each. If anyone is interested in piggy-backing with me on a submission please lmk. I'll take care of the shipping to and from PSA/DNA. You'd solely be responsible for shipping to me, $10 per card, and return shipping back from me once we get the results. The discount will only apply to cuts or trading cards that'll fit in their standard holders though, and it has to have a declared value of $100 or less per card. My email is raiderguy10@gmail.com if anyone is interested or has questions.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Well, I was wondering if anyone on this thread won the Chicago Cardinals lot that ended Wed. night from RRauction. You know, the lot that had eleven autographs.....one of which was a 3 x 5 card signed by some guy named "Duke" Slater. I bid it up to about $690.00 , but I wasn't even close. If someone here won, I am interested in the Pat Harder at a reasonable price.
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
    Hey Rocke

I won the Chicago Cardinals lot. The Slater was just too nice to pass up. I'd be willing to sell the other autographs in the lot. Send me a PM and we'll work out a price.

Cheers

Mark

• Almost exactly 2 years ago I asked everyone here what is the one signature they hope to obtain in 2010. Many of you listed Packer sigs such as Dilweg and Letlow, Mike wanted Earl Potteiger ( which you got shortly thereafter) and I wanted Duke Slater. Well it took a little longer than expected, but I finally obtained that sig.

So my question for the forum....what one signature do you hope to obtain in 2012??

Mine is Chic Harley.

• I'm still working on Dilweg, but I'd add Al Nesser to my list - and Paul Jappe among the Giants of 1925.

By the way, I had a great find among the archives of press photos being sold on eBay - this is a picture of my dad with Steve Owen and his wife from Dec 11, 1953 after a TV appearance on the eve of Steve's last game as coach of the New York Giants - Steve is holding the ball from the "Sneakers Game" - the 1934 Championship game between the Bears and the Giants - I would have been 6 years old and don't remember this taking place so the photo was quite a surprise.

• CF,
    Interesting example of Paddy Driscoll you won with that RR lot ! ( Although the Cardinals aren't my favorite team in any incarnation after todays beatdown of the 'Niners ) Nice pickup !
    And congrats on that photo Rev - looks like it's home where it belongs !!

• << <i>Hey Rocke

I won the Chicago Cardinals lot. The Slater was just too nice to pass up. I'd be willing to sell the other autographs in the lot. Send me a PM and we'll work out a price.

Cheers

Mark >>

Hey Mark,
    Big congratulations on winning that lot. My instinct told me that either Ed, Rev. Mike, Bart, or you won it. After I made that post about that lot, I didn't check back in here until now. In between, I bid and won a 1977 Touchdown card signed by Pat Harder. Ebay item # 200685056476. I have started a 2nd Ebay acct. name...profootballautographaddict. Started the account with my son Ben. Won the Harder for $20.00 + 3.00 S & H. BUT, even though I got THAT one, I do still want to buy the one that you got. I just like GPC's / index cards more than signed football cards. Let me know when you get the lot, and what you think is a fair price. I am REALLY glad that someone here got it. By the time you sell off all of the other sigs. in that lot, if you end up having less than 1,500.00 in the Slater, I would say that you got it at a TREMENDOUS price. And I would guess that won't be to much of a problem. Again, BIG Congratulations.
    Rocke
  • Rev. Mike,
    BIG Congratulations on your pick-up as well. I am guessing that you won that from the guy who is selling those Chicago area ( Sun Times ? ) photo's. I have looked at a few of them as well. Some pretty neat pictures from what I have seen. I sent them an Email, asking if they had a photo of the 1963 Charter Hall of Fame class. Yea, I'm still looking for one of those, if anyone can help me out. Anyway, they got back to me, and said they had no idea if they have one or not. They said they are still sorting through the photo's. How Many photo's you may be wondering ????? They said they had OVER TWO MILLION !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be dead waiting on them to find one, IF the even remember to let me know if they find one. Anyway, that is a SWEET item of Owen and your Father. By the way, I wonder what ever happened to that Football !!!!!