Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Official NFL HOF autograph set thread???

Comments

• jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    i would hope they would. maybe psa's auto dudes were able to get an auto on the side. so if yours has crossed then they do have an example.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭
    I have 3 Sabols slabbed by PSA/DNA. I will sell two for $30 each if anyone is interested image He also signed for Panini at the National.

Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
    There's a link to the Panini card on ebay.

Ed Sabol Panini HOF Auto

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    All,

I have two HOF / Future HOF auto'd cards for sale (The Paul Brown has been sold):

Tim Brown signed rc - $40 dlvd obo

Ernie Nevers signed 74 Fleer $500 dlvd obo - very rare card to find signed

Thanks!

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    Anyone have mailing addresses for Jack Butler and Dick Stanfel, the 2 senior HOF candidates?

<< <i>Anyone have mailing addresses for Jack Butler and Dick Stanfel, the 2 senior HOF candidates? >>

+1. I need common cards of them both as well if anyone would sell them.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Jack Butler
    510 E. 11th ave.
    Homestead, PA 15120
    (1957 Topps RC )

Dick Stanfel
    1104 Juniper pkwy
    Libertyville, IL
    ( 1955 Bowman RC )

Good Luck guys....
    Incidentally Stanfel was up as a finalist before, though I'm not sure if it was as a senior nominee. Both should be inducted.
    Thanks!
    Does anyone have an autograph exemplar for Elmer Angsman (played for ND in 1940's)?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Greg,

I do. If someone does not beat me to it, I will scan and post when I get home tonight.

Ken
  • Ugh- how do you upload pics from your My Photos program onto this site?
    I tried to display the Angsman but, alas, I am a lowly moron.

*update * huh. the links work ok but I can't just show the pic.....anyway here is an Elmer exempler. Always had a nice sig. Typical of most players from those days. Scripted and legible. Good Lord , within 20 yrs. the signed items from newly inducted HOFers are going to be scrawl....Not being grouchy old guyimage
    Thanks guys for the autograph scans of Elmer Angsman. I collect signed 1990 Notre Dame cards (the blue set) and one of my projects has been to get the national championship team cards signed by as many living members from the respective teams. I started w/ the 43, 46, 47 and 49 teams and have been working my way forward. I was lucky enough to run across a dealer at the National who had a 1943 team card signed by Elmer Angsman for $5! I also bought a 1966 Nat'l Championship team card signed by Pete Duranko for $5....plus he had 5 or 6 other signed base cards that I needed. It was a great haul, which puts me 5 or 6 cards from finishing the base set of all living players plus over 100 championship team cards signed by members of the respective teams.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    If anyone is interested in joining a confidence pool or survivor pool that I run, please PM or e-mail me at gregm13@yahoo.com.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    I was just offered this card and wanted to know other board members opinion on whether it is authentic. I have several exemplars that I have compared it against, and it looks good to me. Thoughts?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:

<< <i>I was just offered this card and wanted to know other board members opinion on whether it is authentic. I have several exemplars that I have compared it against, and it looks good to me. Thoughts?

Rgs,

Greg M.

image >>

The 'S' and the 'O' look off to me, but hopefully someone has some better insight than I do. I know it has been your white whale for some time. Best of luck, and hopefully it's just me.....

"In Al We Trust!"

• Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    I was thinking the same thing. Greg list it on ebay and do the quick opinion. You can end the auction and they will still send you the results.
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • xdvop86xdvop86 Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Greg I can't be 100% sure but I think that card came from ukredskins originally. I almost bought it at one time and that looks like the same card. But I maybe wrong on that.

<< <i>Greg I can't be 100% sure but I think that card came from ukredskins originally. I almost bought it at one time and that looks like the same card. But I maybe wrong on that. >>

Here is a scan of the Steve Owen signed Bowman Small card that originally came from UKRedskins. Reese can fill in the details...as he owned it at one point.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • revmoranrevmoran Posts: 398 ✭✭
    Looks very close - here's the latest Owen autograph I have - from 1959 -

• << <i>Has anyone seen this ebay auction: 1955 Topps All American Turk Edwards Auto

image >>

That Edwards is a JOKE. There is ZERO chance that Jim Spence EVER authenticated that card. The sticker that is on the back of that card is one of Jim's " Stamp of Approval " stickers. You must turn in at least 25 8 x 10's at a time and the photo's are supposed to be worth AT MOST $20.00 EACH. Jim charges $4.00 for each photo. Now, on occasion, I have got a few through that had a value of between 20.00 and 30.00, but if I ( accidentally, of course ) slipped a Bob Hayes or Derrick Thomas 8 x 10 in the bunch, I was very nicely told that I would have to get a cert. or a Full Letter.
    Also, on ANY Turk Edwards autograph, Jim doesn't even do a cert. , ANY Turk autograph is a FULL LOA ONLY. I am POSITIVE that sticker was peeled off of a photo, and then stuck onto that card.
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
    Is that true with all JSA stuff? I have some index cards and cards with that same sticker. Not that it matters because they are also PSA/DNA encapsulated but I didn't realize that's how JSA did their stuff. I do have quite a few index cards like that - are those legit, or potentially fake?

"In Al We Trust!"

Hmm...came from a huge Redskins collector. Could that mean ukredskins?? image

"In Al We Trust!"

• CatmanCatman Posts: 267 ✭✭
    I have to agree with Rocky. I've found a couple on eBay that I asked Jimmy III about and he's confirmed that they are fake. Check out USA website and they will give the run down. I've seen some fakes where the sticker was round vs oval. All of their stickers are oval. If you have any questions just email Spence.
  • Am I even reading that right ?
    That Spence would affix a sticker directly to the back of the card ?!
    The fact that every other item the seller has is a BIN of at least 150.$ ( save one ) and he starts this at .99 ¢ is.......interesting !!
    I'm glad I got my Turk from Ron Gordon.
    ( Still one can always hope, right? I may go as high as 1.75 image )
    I love this board and its members! Good eyes- Great knowledge !
    That Turk Edwards looks very similar to the fake that I bought from UKredskins which I still own

Greg M

References:
  • The Edwards has all the earmarks of a UKRedskins special. Like I have said before, collectors have to be careful because he has absolutely polluted our little corner of collectibles with his garbage. I would bet the Owens is the same thing. One of the problems is many high end dealers who are experts in baseball but know little about high end football have purchased from him feeling he was legit. This problem will continue to plague us for years to come as he has put thousands of these out there. BTW, he still sends his weekly e-mail blasts to collectors on his mailing list. No more eBay or ebid to stop him so he is free to do as he pleases. Someone actually sent me a list of 100 or so people on his mailing lists. Some pretty big names on there.
    Hey Guys -

Any opinions on if this is authentic or not? I thought it looked good, but I don't have the greatest examples to compare it to....

Joe Guyon Auto

"In Al We Trust!"

We lost another one today guys - HOF Lee Roy Selmon passed away at age 56 image. RIP Mr. Selmon.

"In Al We Trust!"

He's in critical condition. He suffered a stroke.
    I have this 1949 NY Giants signed program for sale. It has been signed by the entire team with the exception of Emlen Tunnell. $850 OBO

The program has been signed by the following:
    Steve Owen (D. 1964)
    Charlie Conerly ( D. 1996)
    Jim White (D. 1987)
    Bill Swiacki (D. 1976)
    Joe Scott
    John Sanchez (D. 1992)
    Dick Dudan
    John Cannady (D. 2002)
    Gene Roberts (D. 2009)
    Frank LoVuolo
    Ben Agajanian
    Clete Fischer
    Bus Mertes(D.2002)
    Ray Poole (D. 2008)
    Joe Sulaitis (D. 1980)
    Ralph Hutchinson
    Ed Royston (D. 2011)
    Ray Coates
    Jack Salscheider(D. 1998)
    Al Sherman (Backfield Coach)
    Ed Kolman (D. 1985)
    Bob Greenhalgh
    Dewitt Coulter (D. 2007)
    Don "Red Dog" Ettinger (D. 1992)
    Noah Mullins
    Jon Baker (D. 1992)
    Jake Colhouer
    Jim Lee Howell (D. 1995)
    George Kershaw
    Al DeRogatis (D.1995)
    Carl Butkus (D. 1978)
    Dick Hensley
    Bill Austin

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    I've been kind of torn with what to do with this note I had from Dan Reeves. I unsuccessfully attempted to sell it a number of times after I picked up my signed 1965 Philadephia card. I always thought it was kind of cool so I picked up this wire photo with Reeves, Bob Waterfield and Jim Hardy and had it framed together. I think it turned out pretty nice!

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    It has been quiet around here lately. Thought I'd bump with a question I've been wondering for a while regarding OJ, Bradshaw and John Madden TTMs.

I read somewhere the O should start around 2 o'clock and move around. I think mine is OK - thoughts?

I also thought I saw somewhere where you can tell in the J in John if it was ghost signed or not. At the time I thought mine looked good based on that, but someone on another forum same my 'dden' looked off.....

Finally Bradshaw. Are all Bradshaw's ghost signed, or is there a way to tell?

"In Al We Trust!"

Hey Raider Guy....I would say the Madden was probably done by his son. I was told by JSA that he hates to sign and especially through the mail. I went to the trouble of writing to him first to see if I could send him some items and he said sure send them and no fee. Well I did and they were all fake. Especially, I sent him the program from his indiction and it was signed by all of the other enshrinees that year but he didn't participate. Why would anyone bother to return a note that said sure send your items and then not sing them. I have a ruined HOF program now as well as a worthless GLA and a HOF Metallic.
  • Here's what I have - the top example is from a 3x5 card and the bottom from a book signing - I wasn't at the signing so I can't say for sure but that seems more likely than an TTM request.

<< <i>Here's what I have - the top example is from a 3x5 card and the bottom from a book signing - I wasn't at the signing so I can't say for sure but that seems more likely than an TTM request.

image >>

I guess my 'dden' does look a bit funny then image

"In Al We Trust!"

• Well since I didn't win them, ( but did give a valiant effort ) I want to know if anyone on this board won either of the two lots in the just concluded RRAuction? Anyone that follows RR already knows which two lots I'm talking about. The 1st lot consisted of 11 college football coaches, and one of the items was an index card that was signed W.F. "Pete" Henry. Simply an OUTSTANDING item.
    The other lot was a group of TWELVE different GreenBay Packer G.P.C.'s, index cards etc. that included, among others, Cal Hubbard, Cecil Isbell, Clarke Hinkle, Mike Michalske, Ted Fritsch, Don Hutson, Verne Lewellen, and Lavy Dilweg.
    Really do hope that someone here won them.
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.

<< <i>Well since I didn't win them, ( but did give a valiant effort ) I want to know if anyone on this board won either of the two lots in the just concluded RRAuction? Anyone that follows RR already knows which two lots I'm talking about. The 1st lot consisted of 11 college football coaches, and one of the items was an index card that was signed W.F. "Pete" Henry. Simply an OUTSTANDING item.
    The other lot was a group of TWELVE different GreenBay Packer G.P.C.'s, index cards etc. that included, among others, Cal Hubbard, Cecil Isbell, Clarke Hinkle, Mike Michalske, Ted Fritsch, Don Hutson, Verne Lewellen, and Lavy Dilweg.
    Rocke >>

if anyone here did and want to sell the lewellen and/or dilweg let me know. they would be keys for my all time packers scorers auto collection.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Finally Bradshaw. Are all Bradshaw's ghost signed, or is there a way to tell?
    image >>

TTM yes.

The best clue I have come up with is if you can read the SHAW, its probably ghostsigned.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page

• << <i>Well since I didn't win them, ( but did give a valiant effort ) I want to know if anyone on this board won either of the two lots in the just concluded RRAuction? Anyone that follows RR already knows which two lots I'm talking about. The 1st lot consisted of 11 college football coaches, and one of the items was an index card that was signed W.F. "Pete" Henry. Simply an OUTSTANDING item.
    Rocke >>

Hi All,

I am pretty sure most everyone that posts on here follows Huggins and Scott auctions. Their current auction does not disappoint with many vintage football items for autograph collectors. The only question I have is about LOT#435. With all of the great autographs in the 1963 program, why do they not show photos of the Curly Lambeau or Johnny "Blood" McNally? Are they trying to hide something or just an oversight on their part?? If I was the consignor, I would be little upset.

I will admit that I was the high bidder on the Green Bay Packers lot in the last RR auction. I can't wait to receive them and will post some photo's when I get a chance.

Thanks,
    Ed
    Ed, I was wondering the same thing about Lambeau and McNally. I live nearby and I intend to check it out this week. I'll post after that.
  • Tonight, I am going to a pretty cool event at The Hall of Fame. It is a charity fundraiser for the local foodbank. This is the 3rd annual event, but it is the 1st one that I am attending. The ticket to get in costs $150.00 but there will be TEN Hall of Famers in attendance. You get TEN autograph tickets and you can use them on whomever you want. Some of the HOFers that are scheduled to be there include : Anthony Munoz, Leroy Kelly, Jim Taylor and Jack Youngblood. There will also be three HOFers that I have previously driven for Jane for her monthly card/autograph show : Rayfield Wright, Floyd Little and Randall McDaniel. Those of you that are my Facebook friends know that I have had Floyd and Randall over to my house to see some of my collection. They both absolutely LOVED my rec-room. I am going to the bank today to get a few of my "prizes" to take tonight to show them. Check out www.akroncantonfoodbank.org for all of the details. Should be a GREAT night. Oh yea, it includes all you can eat and drink !!!
    Rocke
    Geez, could have used Jim Taylor!
  • Hi All,

Here are some of the autographs from that Green Bay Packers lot from RR auction:

Thanks for looking,
    Ed
    Ed,

Nice items. Like the bucketts photo.

Jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's

• << <i>Geez, could have used Jim Taylor! >>

Joe, sorry, I guess I should have said that tickets were available at the door. You should have come over. It was an OUTSTANDING event.
    Rocke
    Yeah, and I needed to restock my Old Carolina BBQ too!
    Examined the program today. Its a very nice piece. The Lambeau signature is sharp.