Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Official NFL HOF autograph set thread???

Comments

• Mike, that is one FANTASTIC card. Between this card, and the Goal Line Art card that you had Gary Thomas make for you, it is obvious that you had a VERY special bond with your Father. I really do wish that I could have met him. He must have been a very special man to have a son who is obviously so devoted to his Father. The greatest thing that could ever happen to me, would be for Ben to be as devoted a son to me, as you are to your dad.
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • HuggyfaceHuggyface Posts: 304 ✭✭
    That's a great card of your Dad. Knuckles does great work and that one is at the top of the list!
  • CatmanCatman Posts: 267 ✭✭
    Wow Mike....GREAT card!
  • I can tell you, even Ukredskins cheap common stuff is mostly bad.

Quick story. 10 years ago my Brother In Law wins a complete set of 500 Home Run Club signed balls with a partner. For years the partner held on to them. A few years later, the partner needs money and my Brother In Law buys him out and now has them and I finally get to see them. First ball he pulls out is Harmon Killebrew. For those of you who dont know baseball autographs, Harmon is perhaps the classiest and nicest person you will ever meet and has never turned down an autograph request. Every one who owns more than 1 baseball autograph has something signed by him. As I view the ball, it is an obvious fake. At this point, I have already determined that the rest of the collection would be bad and this point was proven, right down to the "prized" piece, the trio signed Ruth Gehrig Ott ball, which looked as if it was browned to look aged by a 5th grade class doing a science experiment learning about colors and how they change.

Point of that story is the first time I saw his stuff on eBay, I was very excited. Was offering 2 names I needed, Verlon Biggs and Jerry Smith. Before bidding I looked at some of his other stuff to find names I knew. To my surprise, even the most common names were bad. Jack Rudnay, Jeff Van Note, Haven Moses, all bad. Hundreds of them. At that point, I stayed far away.

His stuff is offered by others, many legitimate sellers who may have traded with him or purchased . It all is in the same style, kind of larger autographs. If you do side by sides with legit ones, you will see what I am talking about. Doesnt replace the sharpies often enough so they start to thicken. I had thought that perhaps the source of the forgeries was here in the states, but after hearing about his Bidwell and Marshall, I believe it is he doing the writing. I base that theory upon perhaps a lack of knowledge of football cards and his not being able to differentiate the years of team cards, thus his mistakes showing up in that medium.

He does have some authenticated items currently sprinkled in to add an air of legitimacy. I still believe quite a few of those are no good as they are either altered, were the first examples shown and passed, or passed incorrectly. A 1977 Lynn Swann is a perfect example of that.

He claims to offer a lifetime refund privilage. I urge you all to take advantage of it, even on the cheaper ones, which you will never bother to authenticate since it is not worth it.

He mentions he has a retail store coming to California in his ebid auctions. I ask anyone who hears anything about where and when to let us know. We have several people involved with the NFL who would be more than willing to send their people out there the first day it is opened and put a quick stop to that attempted criminal activity.

Sorry for keeping this up, but what he has done to the football autograph industry is very harmful. The extent of what Greg Marino did to the high end market? Hardly, but considering what a small percentage of people collect football like you all do, it is quite alarming.
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Has anyone used the Leaf custom cut signed card service? I just e-mailed Cosetta to ask whether auto'd cards created through this service would qualify for the PSA HOF auto'd card registry. I'll keep everyone posted.

Linky

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

Greg,

It will be interesting. What is PSA policy on grading/slabbing non-licensed cards? Clearly, these customs wouldnt be league or player assoc licensed. So if PSA wont grade the card they cant even slab it I would think. Clearly for this set the cards have to be slabbed (not always graded) and authentic cards. It will be interesting to say the least. Clearly auto'd cards dont have to be available in packs as they let hand signed cards in, but has anyone gotten psa to slab a non-licensed card that has been auto'd?

All this being said, the current SMR has a piece on Leaf and guy that just bought them. So maybe they will take them...as I think they see his CO as a way to deliver them more business.

Jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • bdbopbdbop Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Kevin-

Can you please contact me at 614-507-1653. I have some important questions to ask you.

Thanks-

Bart
  • Hi Bart, I will try to call but is easier to shoot me an e-mail or ask me on here, more than happy to answer any questions you have.
  • bdbopbdbop Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Kevin-

What I have sort of relates to the post regarding UKRedskins. However, a different individual. You indicate that you may know some people with the NFL that might be interested in checking things out. The info I have could make UKRedskins look like a small fish. I just don't want to post stuff on a visible forum about this yet.

Bart
    I wanted to offer this on here before I put it on e-bay. A few months ago I was able to purchase the remaining inventory of signed football cards from a man who would conduct occasional private signings with Sammy Baugh. I purchased the remaining 50 cards and had them authenticated and encapsulated by PSA/DNA (Blue Flip). The breakdown of cards is as follows:

1950 Bowman Reprint – 1
    1981 TCMA Greats – 4
    1988 Swell Greats – 2
    1989 Swell Greats – 1
    1990 Swell Greats – 1
    1991 Enor HOF – 3
    1994 Ted Williams Company – 4
    2000 Fleer GoG - 6
    2000 Upper Deck Legends Millennium – 3
    2000 Quantum Leaf – 1
    2000 Donruss Gridiron Kings – 1

This would be a great lot for someone who sets up at shows. Just looking to get my costs back on this purchase. At this time only looking to get rid of all 50 at one time. Would consider trades for some of the remaining football HOFers I need. PM me if you are interested, thanks, Tim
  • Hi Bart, sure. E-mail me a brief synopsis of this, you can keep all the names and details to yourself until the info is needed. My e-mail is

Panmom18@aol.com
  • raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭
    Hi All,

I am a long time reader, and a first time poster. I wanted to thank each of you for your contributions to the hobby. Greg and I have communicated recently through email, and I look forward to all of your insight in the future. And yes, I already made a rookie mistake creating a thread when I meant to post here.

I live in Bismarck, ND and I am a CPA here (so if anyone needs tax advice let me know ). I have a wife who is a stay at home mom and 3 little angels as well (currently 8, 4, and 1 and 1/2). I am a HOF collector, and I currently have 40 autographs to go to complete a HOF set. I love the idea of having a collection that will literally never end, and something I can pass on for generations. Because I am the sole provider for my family, I collect on any medium. Since cuts tend to be the cheapest way to get a signature, that's usually what I focus on. Finding an authentic signature is all I care about. I focus on getting autographs 3 ways - either certified through PSA/DNA (or JSA), certified cards, and TTM. Although a majority of my cards are not PSA/DNA certified when it's all said and done all of them will be.

Here is my big 40 I have left. I have one incoming, and one big one outstanding with PSA right now. I'll keep you guys updated as I have some incoming. Even though with the last 40 it'lll be few and far between, it'll be a fun ride! Some will be easy, some will be difficult, and some will be near impossible. Doing it on a budget will be even more challenging, but I won't stop trying until I'm gone!!

George Allen

Charles W. Bidwill, Sr.

Joe Carr
    Guy Chamberlin
    Earl (Dutch) Clark
    Jimmy Conzelman

Richard Dent
    John (Paddy) Driscoll

Albert Glen (Turk) Edwards

Jim Finks
    Len Ford
    Benny Friedman

Joe Guyon

George Halas
    Ed Healey
    Wilbur (Pete) Henry
    Arnie Herber
    Bill Hewitt
    Robert (Cal) Hubbard

Henry Jordan

Walt Kiesling

Earl (Curly) Lambeau
    Alphonse (Tuffy) Leemans
    William Roy (Link) Lyman

Tim Mara
    George Preston Marshall
    John (Blood) McNally
    Mike Michalske
    Wayne Millner

Earle (Greasy) Neale

Steve Owen

Fritz Pollard

Hugh (Shorty) Ray
    Dan Reeves
    Les Richter

Joe Stydahar

Jim Thorpe

Bob Waterfield
    Rayfield Wright

Reading through these 180 pages had a couple concerns I'm hoping you can help me with.

1) Sid Luckman - I got this many years ago TTM. Is there any way it's real? (This will be one of my first to PSA when I have some extra funds

2) I nearly cried with this. I never knew his checks ever had a problem. Opinions on mine (the top is only cutoff because of the scanner):

3) A long time ago I purchased a signed Paul Brown book - the auto was on a nameplate. The signature always looked too perfect to be real - does anyone know if he AP these at all? If you turn it around it was definately a different ink that the border was done in, but there are no dot marks or antyhing noticeable to tell if it's a marker or not. I have seen nameplates that were similar but vary slightly (ie the line under his name was different). I was just curious if anyone knew if he autopenned at all
    Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • revmoranrevmoran Posts: 398 ✭✭
    The Luckman is suspect - but there is a lot of variation in his autograph even when he did the signing. The others look good to me. I have similar examples that have paased certification.

<< <i>The Luckman is suspect - but there is a lot of variation in his autograph even when he did the signing. The others look good to me. I have similar examples that have paased certification. >>

Yeah, I figured with Luckman it looks like you don't know until you send it in. And apparently even then there can be questions.....

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
    Gridiron Greats magazine Vol 5, Issue 17 from Autumn 2006 has an article by Ron Gordon on the Luckman autograph that is the best information I have seen.
    Hi Raiderman...I agree with Rev concerning the Brown and Lombardi. I've included (4) Luckman examples that have passed either JSA or PSA. The example you have I've submitted similar ones to both JSA and PSA and they have been rejected.

Thanks guys. Does anyone know how the special with PSA/DNA works? They have a cut/card for $15 if the declared value is under $150. Aren't I the one who declares a value for insurance purposes though? How do you know who falls under that threshold? And the Luckman is a 4x6 print....can I submit that as a cut or do I need to wait for the photo special to come into play again?

"In Al We Trust!"

• Are Vince Lombardi checks OK?
    I didn't realize it but earlier in this thread I thought it mentioned they weren't. I'm praying mine's OK....

"In Al We Trust!"

<< <i>I didn't realize it but earlier in this thread I thought it mentioned they weren't. I'm praying mine's OK.... >>

My Lombardi Packers check was slabbed by PSA/DNA. I've heard the rumors but I think the consensus is that they are legit.

Tim
  • wolfedenwolfeden Posts: 77 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I didn't realize it but earlier in this thread I thought it mentioned they weren't. I'm praying mine's OK.... >>

My Lombardi Packers check was slabbed by PSA/DNA. I've heard the rumors but I think the consensus is that they are legit.

Tim >>

Hi Guys,

This is just my 2 cents. Living in Wisconsin and collecting Vince Lombardi autographs, I heard that some people think Lombardi's long time secretary, Ruth McKloskey signed some of the checks. Nobody at this time has proof of this but that is the rumor. We need to send Ruth a huge thank you because she saved Lombardi's checks from 1959 and 1960 from being destroyed. Without her doing that, Lombardi's autograph would be really tough to find. Raiderguy, your check looks good to me. To bad about the stain by his signature.

Ed
    Thank you Ruth image. The stain is a cancelation mark on the back of the check. It looks 10x worse in the scan than in person which is a good thing.

"In Al We Trust!"

Hi all,

Wanted to show my latest additions to my collection. Signed photos of Wayne Millner and Turk Edwards. This is the first individual signed photo of Turk that I have seen. Has anybody else seen one??
    imageimage

Thanks,
    Ed
  • Nice pick-ups Ed. I was NOT the underbidder on the Turk, but I DID put a couple of bids in on that. Did NOT bid on the Millner. I DID win one of the photo's from that auction. For those not on that auction site, would you mind putting up the picture of the Tuffy Leeman's photo for me. I should be getting it in the mail Friday or Sat.

Also, am VERY excited for this weekend. I am picking up Bears Hall of Famer Gale Sayers Saturday night, and will be taking him out to breakfast Sunday morning. After the autograph show, I hope I have enough time to take him out to eat again then back to the airport. I am also hoping that I can get him over to my house to have him autograph on my rec-room wall. Should be a GREAT weekend !!!!
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • Hey guys,

Does anyone have a link to the PSA/DNA special? I can't seem to find the details on it. I have a stack of stuff I have been waiting to submit and sounds like a good rate. Thanks.

Ken

<< <i>Nice pick-ups Ed. I was NOT the underbidder on the Turk, but I DID put a couple of bids in on that. Did NOT bid on the Millner. I DID win one of the photo's from that auction. For those not on that auction site, would you mind putting up the picture of the Tuffy Leeman's photo for me. I should be getting it in the mail Friday or Sat.

Also, am VERY excited for this weekend. I am picking up Bears Hall of Famer Gale Sayers Saturday night, and will be taking him out to breakfast Sunday morning. After the autograph show, I hope I have enough time to take him out to eat again then back to the airport. I am also hoping that I can get him over to my house to have him autograph on my rec-room wall. Should be a GREAT weekend !!!! >>

Here you go Rocke.
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey guys,

Does anyone have a link to the PSA/DNA special? I can't seem to find the details on it. I have a stack of stuff I have been waiting to submit and sounds like a good rate. Thanks.

Ken >>

http://www.psacard.com/specials/dnaspecial.chtml
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
    Really excited for this image. Got my one outstanding from PSA/DNA back today. I found someone who had index cards of Well Mara and Dan Reeves signed with an 8x10 of Mara beside Reeves (the Giants coach) for $40. After the fee, I'm $115 invested in this. The best money I've ever spent. The shadow is my wife taking a pic on her phone, it's not on the index card itself.

39 and counting image

"In Al We Trust!"

<< <i>Hey, I'm Mike! >>

image I wish I was, but like I said I collect on a budget and only care if the signature is authentic. It's a nice crisp clean signature too. I just wish the owner didn't write underneath it too, but I won't complain.

"In Al We Trust!"

Hi Raider Guy,

Very nice Dan Reeves. He is still on my want list.

Ed
    Sweet pick up for the price....niiiiice find Raider Guy!! We all get lucky sometimes.....I picked up a signed 1969 HOF Induction Program cover signed by Turk Edwards, Greasy Neale, Ernie Stautner, Joe Perry, and Leo Nomellini...the guy just had it advertised as signed by Joe Perry. I paid $20 for it and JSA authenicated it. I also picked up a signd Benny Friedman 3x5" that was slabbed by PSA for $10 the guy had his name spelled wrong. It's on a lined card but I'm not complaining.
    I got a Frank "Bruiser" Kinard in today. Leaves me at 38 and counting.

"In Al We Trust!"

• xdvop86xdvop86 Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Does anyone on here have a Ernie Nevers Cut auto available? I am looking for onr for a friend. Thanks.
  • cfhofercfhofer Posts: 258 ✭✭
    All,

For those who put up with my pre-ww1 college football autographs on an NFL HOF thread......here are a few pieces I picked up within the last year or so.

Hector Cowan (Princeton 1885-89 All-American and inaugural member of the college football hall of fame) signed report card x 3. Died 1941

Neil Snow (Michigan 1898-1901 All-American, MVP of the first Rose Bowl in 1902 and CFHOFer) signed cut. Died 1914

Percy Haughton (Cornell and Harvard football coach 1899-1924, inaugural member of the CFHOF) signed note. Died 1924

Huntington "Tack" Hardwick (Harvard 1912-14 All-American and member of the CFHOF) signed cut. Died 1949.
  • What a weekend !!!
    Picked up Gale Sayers and his business agent Bill Saturday night at CAK. Took them right to their hotel. Picked them up Sunday at 8:00 AM and took them out to breakfast, along with my son Ben. Wonderful time. Made a stop, then came over to my house for somewhere between 20 and 30 minutes. Gale was nice enough to autograph my rec-room wall and I got my picture taken with him in my rec-room. I think you can see the picture of him and me on my facebook page. MAJOR thrill to have him over. He also signed one other item I needed him on. I had got three of my "prizes" out of my safe deposit box to show him. My signed card from 1938 ( the oldest KNOWN autograph I have ) that is signed ALEXANDER Wojciechowicz. I have yet to EVER see another signature of Alexander. I won this from Mark ( CFHOF ) on Ebay a couple of years ago. My signed in blue ballpoint pen business card from the Jim Thorpe Supper Club & Casino. I have yet to find ANY dealer that has EVER seen one of these cards signed. In fact Darren Bachaus ( sp ? ) Livehorn on Ebay, is the ONLY dealer I have met that has ever even seen one of these cards, and the one he saw was NOT signed. And my Bill Hewitt autograph, as I did not know if Gale had ever seen a Hewitt in person ( he hadn't ). My Hewitt is NOT dated, it MAY be older than 1938, but there is no way to know for sure when it was signed. Then over to the show, where he signed almost NON-STOP for almost FOUR hours !!!! HUGE turnout for him. Then took him and Bill back to the airport.
    A day I will NEVER forget. What a BLAST !!!!
    Rocke Sweaney
    Wanted to get some thoughts on this Benny Friedman, is it good? Thanks, Tim

• jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    well my sabol's suffered the same treatment (or lack there of) as Greg's. My Richter popped a 6 thought on a Maxx racing card. i am pretty sure that my sabols will pass the next time once they have a example to go by...just have my fingers crossed on the guys health until then!!
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
    Hey guys,

Picked up two letters in a trade last week which were both signed by Charles Dudley Daly. Daly played for Harvard from 1898-1900 and Army from 1901-02. He is the only five-time All-American football player in college football history. He later coached West Point football in the 1920s and is considered by many to be the "Godfather of West Point Football". Coach Daly was an inaugural member of the College Football Hall of Fame in 1951 and died in 1959. Here is a pic.

All the best

Mark
    Mark, for a minute I thought your post would explain the Charles Daly autograph in this group - could never identify it - but looks like it's Daley

Mike,

Yea, I have no idea on that "Daley". I thought at one time it may be Charles Dudley Daly too. We'll figure out that signature someday. Regardless....that is still a really nice signed book.

Cheers!

Mark
  • tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    Mike & Mark,

Could that be Major Charles Daley, Harvard/West Point player and later went on to coach Army (1913 era)?

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
    Jim,

The Daly you refer to is the sig I posted up above.

I'm thinking since the book looks to be signed in chicago during the 1950s or early 60s that it may be a member of the Daley political family, (Richard J Daley was the mayor of Chicago then). Or there was a "Chuck Daley" that was a professional boxer and football player who won a championship bout in chicago during the 1940s.

Any other thoughts?

Mark
  • tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    ah, I should read posts more closely! Both are great items though...we'll figure it out

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
  • Hello to all !
    To introduce... my name is Chris and I have been a collector of FB autographs and cards since the late 70's . HOFers are my primary area of interest, but since those players bogged down some time ago ( basically I need the same members most collectors need: Mara, Bidwell. Ray,etc....and Guy Chamberlin , inexplicably ! ) I have been working on filling Championship teams, trying to get regular issue cards signed, the same things most of the members of this thread do !
    As a point of fact I stumbled upon this thread a few years ago and stashed it away in My Favorites. And forgot about it! oy.
    On the plus side I have had plenty of reading to catch up on and congratulations to all of you on your successes- it is truly inspiring the quality of stuff still out there!
    So. To pick up a recent topic I have concern with...
    Like most of you, I have dealt with respected , well-known dealers and authorities. Ron Gordon and James Spence were both very helpful in earlier days before ebay and internet dealers, before PSA or any grading
    Now the internet has been an awesome tool for uniting collectors and helping dealers reach clientele and advertising the nearly forgotten Local Card Show and... opening the door even further for questionable scruples and authenticity.
    Picking up on the UKREDSKINS subject.
    I have picked some stuff up from CJ in the past. Some stuff was just too good to pass up. I got some fillers & a couple of "names" and had a couple of them authenticated and they were good. HTF items, too.
    Then there were obscure commons that no one had anything signed by because there was little to no interest in, or, if there was, there was no avenue really to pursue them while these players were alive. There were no comprehensive data bases of all Front Office Staff, or Home Address lists, OR in some cases no regular issue cards !
    Now, after these players have passed away and the field of collectors has expanded, the demand for these cards has grown incrementally and continues to do so. Now any questions regarding UK's cards ( which is more than fair as he has an endless supply of them ) fuels a greater concern . Since he has been dealing on ebay since 2003 ( according to his profile ) , has built a certain reputation ( like 98% or so )and is the lone avenue to these cards he is BOTH supply AND demand.. basically creating his own market. He would have to drive up the price on his own auction to do this. No biggie.
    How does the authenticity market land on this? Are there that many Phil King (1958 Giants dec. 1973 ) signed cards out there to compare this with? Will anyone go to the cost and trouble? At some future point does this card ( or the 2 or 5 UK might list ) become the standard bearer for Phil King and effectively raise his value to that of , say, Spider Lockhart? And does this happen to most of these obscure new standard bearers?
    So , I got the same email from CJ as a prior poster did, saying the delays from overseas p&h were not worth the hassle anymore and he was moving from ebay to ebid and sent me a link. I checked it out and things were set up and going....albeit in a wierd non-ebay format....listing a slew of 86 Topps and some cards he had for sale in his ebay store.
    Well, those auctions are now removed and UK is no longer a registered user ! This all happened in the space of a month. Fascinating !
    I thought there might be some folks here who would be interested in this.
    On a personal note- if anyone knows what Ron Gordon is up to lately....Still writing for Grid. Greats? I didn't renew a couple yrs. back...
    I bought Ron's last Turk Edwards at the turn of the millenium.. for 100. Ahh...good times!
    Also, if anyone has a Guy Chamberlin sig sitting around......
    Good to be here... will work on my profile re: wants & trades Very Best, Chris
    Welcome to the forum Chris.
    Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum.

Ed
  • Welcome to the forum Chris! You hit the nail right on the head with the fact that UKRedskins examples of these rare names are at times the only ones out there. Thus, many have been authenticated since there is nothing else to go on. I have been sent scans of many legit autos of these former stars and would love to see more on here, feel free to put some on here so the unlucky buyers of his items can compare. If nothing else, it will let people see just how not close his stuff is. It would be nice if the powers that be (PSA JSA) saw some of these so actions can be taken.

Thanks to everyone who contacted ebid along with our little group. Got UKRedskins quickly this time and he only had a few sales on there. Please post any e-mails or newsletters from him on here. Lets keep following him anywhere he goes and put an end to this out and out crook.
    Welcome Chris, and speaking of Phil King, does this look right? It came in a binder of Giants autographed magazine photos from Clean Sweep Auctions:
    imageimage
  • I dont have a King example to compare it to, but the item upon which it is signed and the Giants binder where it came from are both excellent signs that point to it being authentic. I bet it is not even close to the UKRedskins versions and if anyone has had those authenticated, the bad ones are considered good and yours would be bad because it doesnt look like the fakes. Makes a lot of sense, huh?

• << <i>Welcome to the forum Chris! You hit the nail right on the head with the fact that UKRedskins examples of these rare names are at times the only ones out there. Thus, many have been authenticated since there is nothing else to go on. I have been sent scans of many legit autos of these former stars and would love to see more on here, feel free to put some on here so the unlucky buyers of his items can compare. If nothing else, it will let people see just how not close his stuff is. It would be nice if the powers that be (PSA JSA) saw some of these so actions can be taken.

Thanks to everyone who contacted ebid along with our little group. Got UKRedskins quickly this time and he only had a few sales on there. Please post any e-mails or newsletters from him on here. Lets keep following him anywhere he goes and put an end to this out and out crook. >>

Just shocked and amazed that this was such a pointed subject. That there was even a group monitering this dealer....and sending him on the run again.... is a pretty fascinating topic to me. How do you even do that ?Is this the general consensus of UK by members of this board ? Sounds like a lot of people are at least familiar with him. And are there OTHER " Dealers of a Certain Reputation" I should be aware of.?I mean regular sellers of scarcer items, not some guy with a 8x10 Charles Woodson pic...I checked my database and over the years I have bought several cards from UK,actually. A Robustelli and a Dan Towler card to add to my collection of those guys and to see the quality. This was 5yrs. ago and they both were legit.
    However if there is such concern among those whose opinions and collections carry informed knowledge, well, then it has my attention.
    My Phil King looks looks pretty similar to the Good Rev.
    I went to scan this and some others for the board, but my scanner is wonked out. When I replace it ( and get rid of this crappy bubblejet table-top printer -Dear Lord !! ) I will post some pics.
    Thanks for the warm welcomes !
    PS- Not to imply in any way that some guy selling a questionable Charles Woodson 8x10 is less deserving of a vigilante beatdown , just that I'm sure there are A LOT a those out there.
    Looking for a Paul Christman.......
    ....and I'm taking an informal poll on who think who will be Senior Nominees this year.
    Chris