Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Official NFL HOF autograph set thread???

Comments

• I am always amazed at these signed programs that you guys find. They are usually in great shape, with nice, tough sigs. Where do you find such items?
    Andre W.
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    Reese,

No plans of selling your Reeves?

jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Nope, I'm holding on to the Reeves and a couple others.

I've had a great response! I'll try to get all my messages awnswered in the next hour. I'll also be adding more to the list here shortly.
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • Hi Reese. PM sent
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
    Frank PM back
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Reese,

Say it ain't so! Are you holding onto your HOF signed rc's?

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
    Yeah I'm holding on to all the HOF RCs, 50 Bowmans, 51 Bowmans, 52 Bowmans, 55 Topps AA and a few choice cards from this set (Reeves, Allen, Lyman, Neale, Herber, Edwards, ect...) I'm finding that stainless steel appliances and granite countertops are more expensive than I originally thought! image
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

<< <i>Yeah I'm holding on to all the HOF RCs, 50 Bowmans, 51 Bowmans, 52 Bowmans, 55 Topps AA and a few choice cards from this set (Reeves, Allen, Lyman, Neale, Herber, Edwards, ect...) I'm finding that stainless steel appliances and granite countertops are more expensive than I originally thought! image >>

Reese,

If you replace one applicance then you have to replace them all...lol. Good luck w/ your sale.

Is anyone interested in joining a Super Bowl Squares pool that I'm running? The cost is $20 per square and the payout is $500 per quarter. Let me know.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    greg,

normally i see the superbowl as pure recreation...not this year however.

well less than an hour to go until we learn of the number auto's we will all need to get/add to the sets.

jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's

<< <i>greg,

normally i see the superbowl as pure recreation...not this year however.

well less than an hour to go until we learn of the number auto's we will all need to get/add to the sets.

jay >>

Jay,

I have to say that I'll be rooting for your Packers...I really like Aaron Rodgers and hope that he wins his first SB.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    How tough are Les Richter autographs to find?
    Les Richter was a great signer until he passed away in June 2010. Like many of the older players, and even though he was a great signer, there aren't many of his cards on the market. I've got an entire run of his signed cards including his signed rookie cards (both 52 Bowman Small and Large).

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • I just bought Les Richter as part of a lot of 50 3x5s on eBay for $31.75 - Chris Hanburger was in there too

link to auction
  • Hey Mike, VERY nice pick-up. Even though Richter is on the lined side, it still looks like a very nice autograph. As far as the Hanburger, that is a VERY nice one. More lettering on his last name than usual. Nice pick-up. Congrats.
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
    Bought a signed Nascar card of Les Richter tonight---hope its good!

<< <i>Bought a signed Nascar card of Les Richter tonight---hope its good! >>

Les would include the signed Nascar card often when he responded to TTM requests. I have one or two lying around. Very cool card.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    Here are scans of the front and back of the two Les Richter signed rc that are in my collection:

References:
    well i need to pick up a richter myself. hopefully Mr Sabol signs the cards this time when they return. other wise I will have to send them again.

noticed a few richters on ebay. will have to see how my luck goes with them.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Its cool Les signed the cards twice.

Todd
  • Hey Greg,
    I think that second one of yours is VERY cool. I don't know how common/uncommon LESLIE Richter is, but I do know that's the first one I've seen. Sort of like my Alexander Wojciechowicz. If you ever want to sell that one, you have a buyer in me for that one.
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
    I mailed two 3x5s to Ed Sabol last Saturday, got them back yesterday (sat)---one week!
    good news. the second time was the charm. Mr Sabol signed both of my cards this time!! so just les is left for this years class. and PSA has extended the PSA/DNA card special!!!!
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • I don't suppose that I could be so lucky as to find out that someone on this board won (stole) those two Turk Edwards autographs on Ebay Wed. night. Item #'s
    110644241174 and
    110644241181. You can send me a PM if you want.
  • GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    Hello. My name is Nathan or "G.R." Im new to the thread as well. Im probably the youngest hall of fame collector on here seeing as I am still in High school for the next 3 months. All your wisdom and guidance has been treamoundous. Anyhow, I collect hall of fame signatures on photofile or HOF issued 8x10's when possible ohterwise I go after a cut 3x5 or check. Im not some privelaged kid who has money handed to them and I am proud of the ones I get! I love getting as many as I can now while im young and I am sure in a few years I can get some real stellar pieces. I am however happy to announce that this High Schooler LOVES the story of how "Turk" Edwards career ended on the cointoss and as soooo as I saw it I purchased the one for $200- I then bought the "Greasey" Neale for $150. The first one with the classic looking "T" at $260 was gone and I was thinking how I had never seen another so I figured go for it and bam, there you are adrenaline rush! Two awesome pieces with my WHOLE Christmas money, completing the class of 1969 for me. If anyone can help me what typically do the Edwards and Neale's go for, the word steal for the Edward's definantly has me excited. I have nearly 190 hall of fame sigs in total, and am always looking. I hope the Edwards is a rare one, because my Mum thought I was nuts for shelling out ten twentys for it but it sounds like I may have made a good decision.Thanks alot and I will be sure to contribute anyway I can even though I can never touch you high rollers, or your invaluable knowledge!
    Nathan Wagner
  • Nathan,
    Welcome aborad. You have a very nice collection for someone still in High School. This is the best thread on this Board and I'm always learnig something new. Happy collecting.

Tim
  • Hi Nathan, Welcome to you. It's always nice to hear of a young fan that appreciates these guys and their stories. My son Zack is actually younger than you at sixteen and has managed to collect all but two of the old guys. He needs a Bidwell and a Shorty Ray to complete his collection but he got moving a lot faster once we found this thread. These guys can point you in any direction you need. Zack has gotten tips on just about everything from here so hopefully you will be able to as well. Zack collects mini helmets for as many as he can and then either 3 x 5's or photos. He has a few duplicates if you want to send us a list of what you need, maybe we could help you out. Anyway, Welcome and Good Luck.
  • Hello All,

I just listed a few vintage Brooklyn Dodgers items on eBay if anyone is interested in them. One is a 1942 Program and the other two are signed letters by Al Frazin.

Item number: 230584862591

Item number: 230584866715

Item number: 230584867914

Thanks,
    Chris
    Collecting Pittsburgh Steelers and PFHOF Autographs
  • GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    Hello Zaxdad. Thanks for the warm welcome! Here are some of the one's I need. I have a few quality pieces that I can barter with and I live by McDaniel college so I can get just about any Raven you need next year as long as they don't keep messing with the autograph policy. Thanks

Earl (Dutch) Clark
    Robert (Cal) Hubbard
    Joe Carr
    George Halas Earl (Curly) Lambeau
    Tim Mara
    George Preston Marshall
    John (Blood) McNally
    Ernie Nevers
    Jim Thorpe
    Jimmy Conzelman
    Ed Healey
    Clarke Hinkle
    William Roy (Link) Lyman
    Mike Michalske
    Guy Chamberlin
    John (Paddy) Driscoll
    Dan Fortmann
    Sid LuckmanJoe Guyon
    Arnie Herber
    Walt Kiesling
    Steve Owen
    Hugh (Shorty) Ray
    Charles W. Bidwill, Sr.
    Paul Brown
    Bobby Layne
    Dan Reeves
    Joe Stydahar
    Emlen Tunnell
    Cliff Battles
    Elroy (Crazylegs) Hirsch
    Alex Wojciechowicz
    Jack Christiansen
    Bill Hewitt
    Vince Lombardi
    Norm Van Brocklin
    Bill George
    Ray Flaherty
    Len Ford
    Alphonse (Tuffy) Leemans
    Ray Nitschke
    Pete Rozelle
    O.J. Simpson
    Doak Walker
    Alan Page
    Tom Landry
    Buck Buchannan
    Al Davis
    Walter Payton
    Bill Walsh
    Jim Finks
    Joe Gibbs
    Wellington Mara
    Mike Singletary
    Ronnie Lott
    Lynn Swann
    George Allen
    Hank Stram
    Benny Friedman
    Fritz Pollard
    Reggie White
    Emmitt Thomas
    Gary Zimmerman
    Bob Hayes
    Randall McDaniel
    Derrick Thomas
    Ralph Wilson, Jr.
    Nathan Wagner
  • tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else see this auction? All I can say is WHY??? What a shame.

1966 Green Bay Packers

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
    that was something i did once when i was like 8 years old after being a braves spring training game. thank god when i looked back at it after 8 years there wasnt a big name auto that i had. i ended up just throwing out the program.

but stupid is as stupid does. what i really dont know is why anyone would have bid $300 on it to start with when the seller admits to what he did with the ball. its a shame as it is nearly a full team signed/traced ball.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Hello Nathan, welcome to The Jungle !!!! What city & state do you live in ? I think it's great that you are starting this at such a young age. Believe me, I wish I had started years earlier than I did. Congrats on that Turk Edwards. That is a nice item. I might send you a PM ( Personal message ) about it.

Now on to something else.....

I am going to post this here first, but I might also start a new thread about this item. I have in my possession an item I may be willing to sell, either here on this site, or on Ebay, or I might take it to Chantilly in March, and give it to Huggins & Scott for an upcoming auction. It is a autographed copy of the 1952 book by Steve Owen " My Kind of Football ". The book is personalized. The full inscription reads :
    To Joel
    With Best Wishes
    to you always
    Sincerely
    Steve Owen

It is signed in blue ballpoint , and it is a top notch signature. The book itself is in VERY good shape. The dust cover does have some damage, some tears and some paper loss. I have been thinking of buying an unsigned copy, with a nice dustcover, and putting it on the signed book. My question(s) does anyone have any ides what one of these is worth? I have never seen one for sale, either on Ebay, or any major auction site. I do have an offer from a local collector, but am not sure if it is worth a lot more if it goes to H & S. Since I have never seen one sold, nor can I find one in an auction archive, I am really unsure what it might be worth.
    Can anyone give me some good insight PLEASE.
    Thanks very much.
    Rocke
  • Hi Nathan,

Welcome to the forum. That Turk Edwards pick up was nice. I also wish that I had started buying HOF auto's back when I started collecting. If you need help or advice this is where you want to come because the guys on here a top notch.

Rocke,

Is this the book you are looking to sell?

I purchased this one on eBay some time ago for $350. I think I got a good deal at the time.
    Hope this helps,
    Ed
  • cfhofercfhofer Posts: 258 ✭✭
    Rocke - I'm interested in the book. Let me know how much you want.

Nathan - Welcome to the forum. Great pickup on the Edwards. My recommendation (you will get plenty of it on this forum) is to stick with purchasing the toughies (like Edwards). Don't waste your time or money on the common sigs....you can always get them later. The football autograph market is currently at a low point and these tough sigs can be obtained for great prices. I'd even buy doubles of the toughies...they can always be sold later for a profit or used as trade bait to other collectors.

Mark
  • CatmanCatman Posts: 267 ✭✭
    Nathan.....congrats on your Turk Edwards acquisitions, they are outstanding.....I need to echo the thoughts of everyone here, there is a mecca of information here andI personally have found that everyone is very friendly and will go out of their way to help in anyway possible.....I also agree that you should try and acquire all of the tuff autographs because they will continue to get scarcer and more expensive as time goes on. The HOFers that are deceased for the most part back in their playing days autographs were pretty scarce as compared to the athletes of today who will sign anything and everything for a price....good luck and welcome to the forum.

Today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of this earth.
  • CatmanCatman Posts: 267 ✭✭
    Great pickup Rev, where did you get it?
    thats a nice Kiesling. just wish one cut would show up in a card one of these days.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    did anyone working on the auto'd card set start requesting the addition of the new members yet?
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's

• << <i>Great pickup Rev, where did you get it? >>

Clean Sweep

• << <i>image

Today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of this earth. >>

That is an absolutely STUNNING autograph.

• << <i>image

Today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of this earth. >>

Mike, You need to show the full item. That Kiesling autograph is one of the best I have ever seen and the only signed check that has ever surfaced in the hobby. That was owned by Kevin Keating for the longest time. I don't know if he consigned it or did someone purchase it and then consigned it. Congrats on the purchase!!!

Ed
  • I think Keating consigned it. Needless to say, I could have lived in Kiesling apartment or house or a couple of years at that montly rent for the price of the check - but then you could have bought Honus Wagner's old house and probably the whole block for the price of his card.

nice piece rev!
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    fyi!!!

i reguested the new players that were inducted two weeks ago that i have slabbed auto'd cards of the other day. they have been added to the set. if anyone out there has a Ed Sabol and Les Ricther they can request please do so so that we get them added and the set is complete.

jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's

<< <i>fyi!!!

i reguested the new players that were inducted two weeks ago that i have slabbed auto'd cards of the other day. they have been added to the set. if anyone out there has a Ed Sabol and Les Ricther they can request please do so so that we get them added and the set is complete.

jay >>

I have both Richter and Sabol at PSA right now being graded. I'll add them once my grades are posted.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    well my ricther (when i get it in the mail) and my sabol will be on there way soon. i hope before the special expires.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • BigRed7BigRed7 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    Went to a high school basketball game this evening and brought along a Mel Blount rookie card, hoping he'd br there to watch his son. Approached him after the game and he was very pleasant. Obtained a great autograph and he even inscribed HOF 89.
  • Steubenville Big Red?
  • BigRed7BigRed7 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Steubenville Big Red? >>

I film for Big Red, we were playing his son's school Linsly Institute in Wheeling.

<< <i>Hey Greg,
    I think that second one of yours is VERY cool. I don't know how common/uncommon LESLIE Richter is, but I do know that's the first one I've seen. Sort of like my Alexander Wojciechowicz. If you ever want to sell that one, you have a buyer in me for that one.
    Rocke >>

Thanks Rocke. I'm going to dig out my other signed Richter cards. I have another one where he underlined a blurb on the card that he was traded for 11 players. I'll post scans when I find it.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References: