Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Official NFL HOF autograph set thread???

Comments

• Hi All,

Right now I have listed on eBay a signed 3 x 5 of Earl "Curly" Lambeau for sale. The auction # is 260740770860. Here is a scan of the auto.

Thanks,
    Ed
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Jay,

I just noticed that Shannon Sharpe and Ed Sabol are missing from the set - have you already notified Cosetta? Otherwise, I can later today.

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    ed sabol and les richter should be the ones missing. i didnt have certs for those to add them via the website. if you want to email Cosetta today to make sure they are all in is fine with me. other wise i was going to wait until i had the cert numbers. sharpe should be in the set.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's

<< <i>ed sabol and les richter should be the ones missing. i didnt have certs for those to add them via the website. if you want to email Cosetta today to make sure they are all in is fine with me. other wise i was going to wait until i had the cert numbers. sharpe should be in the set. >>

Jay,

For some reason, Richter is there and Sharpe is missing.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    i see all but sabol. my sharpe is even in my set already.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Showing signed Bill Hewitt photo in his Michigan days, Id like some feedback plsimage
  • Hi Jonnie,
    I shouldn't say anything negative, since I still don't know how to post a picture, but, having said that, I do wish that you could put a bigger scan up of the picture. Where did you get it? Would you mind divulging how much you had to shell out for it? If it's for sale, I probably have a buyer. I have seen Hewitt signed photo's before, but you could also count them on one hand. I know you asked for feedback, and I gave you mostly questions, it does look to be a VERY nice item, but as you probably know, Hewitt photo's don't grow on trees. PLEASE give more info.
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • Strange enough I've had this photo for some time. My grandfather worked at the university in the 30's. I am aware of the rare quality of his autogragh. I've only seen 2 or 3 on the auction block as of late. I also have other teammates as well, Stan Fay, John Kowalik, Maynard Morrison, Roy Hudson, Stan Hozer, Howard Auer, and Buck Yost. I would be interested in selling them. I have'nt gotten them certified yet,I'm sure if I did then I would put them to auction. Make an offer I could E-mail better pics.
  • Jonnie, I have sent you a Personal message. ( PM ) Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • Jane had her monthly cardshow/autograph session yesterday. I picked up Donnie Shell at the airport Sat. night. He said he had been on the go all day, and had already had dinner, soooo right to the hotel. After the autograph session, he said he wanted seafood, so best place that was close.......Red Lobster !!!!! Nice dinner, still had a little bit of time, so, asked him if he would mind if we stopped at my house on the way back to CAK. He said " As long as I don't miss my plane, I've got no problem " AWESOME. Took two pictures of him signing my rec-room wall, and then a picture of him in my room. Had a GREAT time with him. Asked him the standard " Who did you play with, or against that is NOT in the Hall of Fame that you think should be?" His answer: Drew Pearson. When referring to Art or Dan, he ALWAYS called them MR. Rooney. You could tell he REALLY Loves that family. I don't know what's happening to me, but after spending a few hours with Donnie, and having Yancey Thigpen over for a couple of hours a few months ago, I am finding it a little more difficult to hate the Pittspuke Squeelers as much as I used to. Definitely, two CLASS guys.
    Next month, I get to drive Bears Legend Gale Sayers. WOW, I can NOT wait for THAT one !!!!!
    Rocke
    Rocke,

At least my Packers beat them for you!!!
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Hey now! Be Nice.
  • wolfedenwolfeden Posts: 77 ✭✭
    Hi All,

I know this thread is about HOF autographs but I had to share my latest purchase. I have been collecting Green Bay Packers items for over 20 years and finally I have purchased a "Dope Sheet". The Dope sheet was the Green Bay Packers official game program for the 1921 and 1922 seasons. It consists of 8 pages and is printed on very fragile paper. Green Bay Packers collectors consider the dope sheets as a holly grail of collecting game programs. You hardly ever see these come up for sale. I have a smile on my face ear to ear!!

Thanks,
    Ed

great piece. i like it.

congrats on the pick up.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • revmoranrevmoran Posts: 398 ✭✭
    Very Very Nice - how often do you see anything from that early show up - rare and great find!
  • cfhofercfhofer Posts: 258 ✭✭
    Very nice piece....you should frame it, maybe along with a team photo from that year.
    Ed,

Thanks for sharing! You don't see items like that very often.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    I received back my order from PSA and my 3 Ed Sabol autographs weren't authenticated. I called PSA and they explained that they don't have any exemplars on file yet for Ed Sabol and therefore can't authenticate any his autographs. At the very latest, they will obtain an exemplar at the HOF induction in August...which is hopefully the worst case scenario.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • HuggyfaceHuggyface Posts: 304 ✭✭

<< <i>I received back my order from PSA and my 3 Ed Sabol autographs weren't authenticated. I called PSA and they explained that they don't have any exemplars on file yet for Ed Sabol and therefore can't authenticate any his autographs. At the very latest, they will obtain an exemplar at the HOF induction in August...which is hopefully the worst case scenario.

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

Did you at least get a voucher from them?

<< <i>

<< <i>I received back my order from PSA and my 3 Ed Sabol autographs weren't authenticated. I called PSA and they explained that they don't have any exemplars on file yet for Ed Sabol and therefore can't authenticate any his autographs. At the very latest, they will obtain an exemplar at the HOF induction in August...which is hopefully the worst case scenario.

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

Did you at least get a voucher from them? >>

I did...

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Ed, that is a VERY cool item. I LOVE looking at all the historical type items that all the collectors post on here.
    On another subject, CSA in Chantilly next week, Is anyone besides Joe M. , and Nathan going to be there besides me? Bill & Zack ? Ken ? ( by the way, are you still alive ? ) Anyone else? Want to make sure to hook-up with any fellow board members down there. Joe, am I picking up Old Carolina and bringing it down for you? Let me know.
    Rocke
  • JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    Rocke, my hero! Absolutely yes to Old Carolina. I was planning to call you over the weekend. I wanted to remind you about the Gold GLA too. Also, LMK what autos you need.
    Joe
  • Rocke,

I am still aliveimage. Just been quiet lately since I have been doing a lot of work on my house instead of my collection. Are you going to be at the show Friday evening or just Sat/Sun? I will probably stop by on Friday, but Saturday I am flying the family down to Orlando to visit the in-laws. If we don't catch up this show, let's try again in the summer.

Ken

Joe - See you there as always!
  • Joe,
    I probably won't get your your GOLD GLA cards out of my Safe box at the bank until Friday AM before we leave. I won't forget them though. I have to work on Sat. , but I should be available anytime after about 1:00PM on Sunday if you want to call me and give me your Carolina order, I will also pick that up on Friday AM. As far as tickets, I am positive I need TWO large flat Jim Brown, AND ONE SMALL flat Jim Brown. I also need ONE Mike Curtis ticket. If Eric or I need any others, I'll let you know at the show.

Ken, I will definitely be there on Sat./Sun. Don't know for sure about Friday. I know we ARE yanking the kids out of school early, but I don't know exactly what time yet. If we ARE there Friday, it probably won't be until at least 6:00PM. PM me your cell #, and I'll be sure to call you if we will be there on Friday. Hope to see you, but, I might be there in July. POSITIVE I WILL be there IF I sell the Steve Owen autographed book at a good price.
    Have fun in the sun at Orlando.
    Rocke
  • Hey Rocke, Zack and I will be down for at least Saturday. He needs to see Chris Hanburger. I think he also wants to get a Peyton auto just for thrills. I'm hoping to see Fred there. I e-mailed him over Christmas but he was not doing well at all. I'm hoping he is getting better. I will see you Saturday.
    Rocke, sounds good. I forgot to call yesterday but will do so soon.
    Ken, I finally finished sorting that box of 3 x 5's and will bring to the show
    ZaxDad: Do you think Peyton Manning has a shot at the HOF....
  • I think he has a great shot. By the time he's done he will have almost all of the records and he is really a likeable guy meaning that he doesn't make any enemies in the media. If he gets another ring he's a lock.
    I'm considering the purchase of a large vintage baseball autograph collection that has a few signatures from the Detroit Lions of the mid-1930s. I couldn't find info on a value of the the following players and wanted to see if anyone here could give me an idea of possible prices (year of death) Ernie Caddell - (1992), Tom Hupke - (1959), John Schneller - (1978), Clare Randolph - (1972), Ed Klewicki -(1997), thanks, Tim

<< <i>I'm considering the purchase of a large vintage baseball autograph collection that has a few signatures from the Detroit Lions of the mid-1930s. I couldn't find info on a value of the the following players and wanted to see if anyone here could give me an idea of possible prices (year of death) Ernie Caddell - (1992), Tom Hupke - (1959), John Schneller - (1978), Clare Randolph - (1972), Ed Klewicki -(1997), thanks, Tim >>

I only have Ernie Caddell - (1992), Tom Hupke - (1959), John Schneller - (1978), and Clare Randolph - (1972) as part of a team signed sheet (23 players including Dutch Clark) which I value at $450. If I had seen individual 3x5s I probably would have paid $30 - $60 - maybe more for Caddell and Hupke since they are in the 1935 Chicle card set. I don't feel very authoritative about those numbers, but that's my best guess.
  • cfhofercfhofer Posts: 258 ✭✭
    Ernie Caddel was featured on the 1977 Touchdown Series. A signed example goes for about $15. Don't know much about the others, but Rev's value range seems about right.

Good luck!!

Mark
    ZaxDad:You know I was kidding you, right? Stop by the table at Chantilly.
    Joe
  • Joe, Of course I knew you were kidding? Honestly , I had no clue, I just saw the question and answered it. Oh well, We'll see on Saturday.
    The result of a submission I sent to PSA/DNA are in and I wanted to ask a question. Both 1992 Proline Derrick Thomas cards I submitted came back as questionable. Is there doubt as to whether he signed the 92s? Acouple of other interesting things that came out of my submission, the TTM Lawrence Taylor I got came back as questionable and a Tex Schramm Score card that had a JSA sticker on the back came back as questionable. Tim
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The result of a submission I sent to PSA/DNA are in and I wanted to ask a question. Both 1992 Proline Derrick Thomas cards I submitted came back as questionable. Is there doubt as to whether he signed the 92s? Acouple of other interesting things that came out of my submission, the TTM Lawrence Taylor I got came back as questionable and a Tex Schramm Score card that had a JSA sticker on the back came back as questionable. Tim >>

I have seen a few other posts of the LT autos coming back questionable.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page

• << <i>The result of a submission I sent to PSA/DNA are in and I wanted to ask a question. Both 1992 Proline Derrick Thomas cards I submitted came back as questionable. Is there doubt as to whether he signed the 92s? Acouple of other interesting things that came out of my submission, the TTM Lawrence Taylor I got came back as questionable and a Tex Schramm Score card that had a JSA sticker on the back came back as questionable. Tim >>

Tim, I submitted one of those Derrick Thomas cards to JSA at a CSA show a couple of years ago, and was literally shocked at that time when I was told at the show that the signature was NOT Authentic. I was Not going to have it slabbed, just wanted a LOA for it. Had a VERY nice sig. on it, and at that time , that WAS my Derrick that I had in my collection. I had already sold the 8 x 10 of Derrick that I got in person when he did a signing at The Hall. Since the card was NOT authentic, I picked up a cancelled check that had a really good sig. on it, and have since had that authenticated/slabbed.
    Hope you did have some GOOD news from that submission.
    Rocke
  • Ken, sent you a PM. Hope to see you on Friday at The Chantilly show. Should be a LOT of fun.
    Rocke
  • CatmanCatman Posts: 267 ✭✭
    Tim I sent one to JSA/Beckett for author and graded and it passed. I in turn sent 3 other cards to Beckett because they will grade factory autograph cards but they sent them back to me stating that a large number of the certified provide cards are questionable.
    I recently talked w/ Rube and he is selling a signed Greasy Neale 1922 Exhibit card (Baseball) that he purchased from me several years ago (which I in turn purchased from Kevin Keating).

He is asking $1500 dlvd or best offer. Please PM or e-mail me at montooth13 at yahoo.com if you're interested.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    I just noticed that UKredskins is no longer a registered user on ebay. Interesting.....
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • Interesting about UK.

Todd
  • tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    ahh, very interesting. I wonder why?

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
    Is anyone sending 3x5's in to psa for the $15 special this month? If so, can I jump in with you? Is that a good deal for index cards?

Jim

• I am new to this page and have been reading with interest about ukredskins. Several of us have been after eBay for years to boot him off. Based upon the fact his previous auctions are no longer in their datebase, it is safe to assume he was finally kicked off. Bottom line is almost everything from him is fake and I would say that even his authenticated items are questionable. Most of you on here know better than to have purchased from him, but to think of the most likely hundreds of thousands of dollars he has stolen from middle of the road and less knowledgable but trusting collectors, it boggles the mind. It is also ridiculous it took eBay this long. But your friend is still trying, now on ebid and claiming he left eBay because of their fees and shipping policies. We have already contacted ebid and suggest all of you do the same. He needs to be put out of business and move on to another scam in another field. He has hurt this one for too long, putting out so many FAKE obscure names that most people have never seen before. Thus, his are the only examples. The size and similar writing on so many of his autographs, especially post 1980, is pathetic and it is hard to believe people didnt see this. His claims of buying job lots from the US was a joke. Sorry, but someone in this country who spent 365 days a year chasing FB autos could not have come close to getting what he claims to have 3000 miles away. Remember, get over to ebid and let this crook know we are watching him and he is done!
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭
    I received this email from UKRedskins on Sunday

<< <i>
    Hi there,
    This is an update for my customers who have previously purchased from the ukredskins eBay store, following a dispute with eBay over the amount of resolutions raised thanks to the postal problems in USA from Europe I lost my power seller status and received a 30 day suspension.
    Needless to stay I am still actively trading and have moved to eBid (free listing and only 2% fees on final sale) and will not be going back to eBay.

removed link so theres no free advertising
    .....is the link to my new store.

eBid is free to join, and if you can be a little patient with the USPS maybe we can keep our dealings going there? I will still be doing weekly auctions, Sunday to Sunday with higher priced items going on offer in other store categories.
    Anyway thank you for reading this far and thank you for your support.
    God Bless
    CJ
    >>

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page

<< <i>I received this email from UKRedskins on Sunday

<< <i>
    Hi there,
    This is an update for my customers who have previously purchased from the ukredskins eBay store, following a dispute with eBay over the amount of resolutions raised thanks to the postal problems in USA from Europe I lost my power seller status and received a 30 day suspension.
    Needless to stay I am still actively trading and have moved to eBid (free listing and only 2% fees on final sale) and will not be going back to eBay.

removed link so theres no free advertising
    .....is the link to my new store.

eBid is free to join, and if you can be a little patient with the USPS maybe we can keep our dealings going there? I will still be doing weekly auctions, Sunday to Sunday with higher priced items going on offer in other store categories.
    Anyway thank you for reading this far and thank you for your support.
    God Bless
    CJ
    >>

>>

well i have had some of his stuff turn out fine and others not. so its hard to say. i know others on here have had issues and i did catch him trying to sell a clearly non-auth. auto (ie on a card issued after the person died). but i always got what i won from him. it did take awhile but i expect that from stuff from across the pond.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    I don't know if anyone is interested, but I currently have these on ebay:

Currently on ebay:

1977 Touchdown Club PSA/DNA
    Benny Friedman
    Red Grange
    George Halas
    Dutch Clark
    Mike Michalske

1974 Fleer Immortal Roll PSA/DNA
    Ernie Nevers

1975 Fleer Immortal Roll PSA/DNA
    Joe Stydahar
    Bob Waterfield
    Jack Christiansen
    Alex Wojciechowicz
    Dan Fortmann
    Pete Pihos

Ebay
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!

<< <i>Interesting about UK.

Todd >>

I would question any autographed card worth more than $100 that was sourced through him. I have seen far too many questionable autographs eminate from him...several of which were proven forgeries that I personally know of (including a signed George Preston Marshall autographed card and Charles Bidwell autographed card).

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    Has anyone used the Leaf custom cut signed card service? I just e-mailed Cosetta to ask whether auto'd cards created through this service would qualify for the PSA HOF auto'd card registry. I'll keep everyone posted.

Linky

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    Thanks for that link Greg - although I just had a custom card done by Garret Morrison aka Knuckles, and I couldn't be happier with the results:

Fantastic Mike!