Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Official NFL HOF autograph set thread???

Comments

• Hey Ken,
    Not sure what you are talking about when you say "not the nicest piece you will ever see" maybe not, but that looks like a VERY nice Marshall to me. You only have a sliver of a tape mark in the lower left corner. Most have much more tape marks than this. Check out my GPM in the Heritage Auctions archive from the December 2nd,2007 auction that I paid $397.94 Don't know what you paid, but let me know if you want to trade. Personally, I like yours MUCH more. Nice pick-up. CSA or National?
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • Hey Rocke,

Thanks, I tracked it down at the National and it was sent to me this week. I paid $700 for mine, so you obviously got a better deal...but most of the other GPM sigs that I saw at the National were in the $900-$1,300 range and like you mention a couple had some pretty severe tape marks. I am pretty happy with it overall. Thanks for the reply and hope you enjoyed the HOF induction. Maybe we will catch up again at a CSA show soon or next year's National.

Ken
  • bdbopbdbop Posts: 102 ✭✭
    I apologize for the "lip service" above. Tried to log in and the next thing I knew the lips appeared and the site wouldn't let me edit them out.

Anyway...Ken, hopefully we can take care of that Herber in a week!

Bart
  • Bart,

Was that kiss for Rocke or Greg?:}. That would be fantastic if you could find a decent sig for a reasonable price. Thanks again!

Ken
    I was going thru some of my index cards a bit earlier and came a GPC that I had originally purchased because of Frank Cope and Nello Falaschi being on it. However, on closer inspection, there is also a Jack Lummus. The GPC is dated 1941. I tried uploading it, but can't get it to appear below.

Bart
  • CatmanCatman Posts: 267 ✭✭
    Hmmmmm...Bart are those lips your new signature?? image
  • Tomorrow morning I am picking up former Pittsburgh Steeler two time All Pro wide receiver Yancey Thigpen at the airport and will be taking him to breakfast, then to Jane Bosley's show, then I will have him for a little over FOUR hours after the show before I have to have him back at the airport. Hope I can find enough to talk with him about for that much time!!!
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Tomorrow morning I am picking up former Pittsburgh Steeler two time All Pro wide receiver Yancey Thigpen at the airport and will be taking him to breakfast, then to Jane Bosley's show, then I will have him for a little over FOUR hours after the show before I have to have him back at the airport. Hope I can find enough to talk with him about for that much time!!!
    Rocke >>

too bad i didnt see this yesterday. i would have had you ask him about his drop in lambeau in 1995 that won the packers the nfc central!!!

its a play that lives in packer lore.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
    If anyone is interested I see there is another Dan Fortmann signed GLA card on eBay. It is card 13/50 and the opening bid is $2099. It is Item# 360293290865.
  • I can't believe that I did not win the 8 X 10 signed photo of Gene Ronzani on eBay with a $400.00 bid !!!! If you want to look at it here is the eBay number #360291184218. Look in the completed auctions section. I thought I was crazy bidding $400 but I guess someone else is just a little more crazy than me?!?!
  • revmoranrevmoran Posts: 398 ✭✭
    I'm assuming you have an autograph of Ronzani but not a signed photo - I have two items - a page from an autograph book which I value at $75 and a handwritten letter to Joe Zacko (who organized the Pottsville Maroons reunions) which I value at $100 - so $400, in my book, should have given you a good cushion - if you go into advanced search and search by bidder using your own name and check completed auctions you can see who won that - my guess is someone is trying to fill a empty spot - maybe items signed by Green Bay Packers coaches while they were active or some such list - I know I spent a bundle on getting that Earl Potteiger autograph because he was the last in my list of NY Giants coaches - which I would never have seen without your help - thanks!
    I have the following rarer signed index cards for sale. If interested in any, please let me know. Discounts available if purchasing in quantity. Scans also available, please send me an e-mail to send them to:

Ki Aldrich-letter signed in ballpoint-$40
    Les Bingaman-thin black marker: $75
    George Christiansen-blue ballpoint on a bio card-$60
    Cliff Battles-white unlined in ballpoint-$100
    Wes Fesler-blue ballpoint on unlined-$75
    Arnie Herber-green ballpoint on unlined card-$500
    Clark Hinkle-dark blue ballpoint on lined card-$75
    Bob "Hunchy" Hoernschmeyer-fountain pen on unlined card-$40
    Jacques Mackinnon-blue ballpoint on unlined card-$40
    Jerry Mays-blue ballpoint and unlined-$25
    Don McCafferty-black flair on unlined card-$50
    Elmer Oliphant-blue ballpoint on bio card-$100
    Bennie Oosterbaan-blue ballpoint on unlined-$100-SOLD
    Buddy Parker-fountain pen on unlined card-$75
    Sherman Plunkett-blue ballpoint on unlined card-$40
    Glenn Presnell-fountain pen on unlined card-$50
    Bo Schembechler-black thin marker on unlined card-$50
    Joe Stydahar-blue ballpoint on unlined-$150-SOLD

Others that are now available: Mike Michalske (black ballpoint on bio card)-$85; Bob Hayes (blue ballpoint on unlined blue card)-$50

Already sold from this lot: Charley Brock, Chuck Cherundolo, Monk Edwards, Abner Haynes, Jim Norton, Gene Ronzani, Hugh "Bones" Taylor, Ralph "Shrug" Jordan, Adam Walsh and a Arnie Herber signed bio card.

Bart
  • wolfedenwolfeden Posts: 77 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm assuming you have an autograph of Ronzani but not a signed photo - I have two items - a page from an autograph book which I value at $75 and a handwritten letter to Joe Zacko (who organized the Pottsville Maroons reunions) which I value at $100 - so $400, in my book, should have given you a good cushion - if you go into advanced search and search by bidder using your own name and check completed auctions you can see who won that - my guess is someone is trying to fill a empty spot - maybe items signed by Green Bay Packers coaches while they were active or some such list - I know I spent a bundle on getting that Earl Potteiger autograph because he was the last in my list of NY Giants coaches - which I would never have seen without your help - thanks! >>

I do have a Ronzani its 1950 letter on Packers letterhead to a player. I wanted to get 8 x 10 signed photo's of all the Green Bay Packers coaches. I have Lambeau, Lombardi and even Ray "Scooter" McLean who coached for only one year in 1958. I have never seen a Ronzani until last night. I also need a Lisle Blackbourn. Thanks for the eBay tip, I did not know you could do that. Well they say you win some and you lose some and this time I lost. Time to move on to the next item.
  • cfhofercfhofer Posts: 258 ✭✭
    Hey guys,

A nice Arnie Herber signature ends tomorrow on ebay. May go cheap (currently $50).

Mark
  • Does anyone know if they make a type of top loader for 3x5 cards that is as durable as the top loaders for cards. If so can you provide a link or business name?

Thanks andre
    Andre W.
    Here's a photo of the George P. Marshall item I picked up
  • Bart,

Received the lot of 3X5 auto's today and they were amazing as usual! Thanks again for knocking out half of my wantlistimage.

Ken
    Finally got around to making a decent scan of this signed photo. Pat "Kangaroo Kicker" O'Dea, Wisconsin FB from 1896-99 and member of the College Football Hall of Fame.

Mark

• Mark,

Amazing photo! I am assuming that is the same Pat O'Dea that coached at Notre Dame. One of my side projects is trying to get signatures from all of the Notre Dame head coaches. Thanks for scanning it.

Ken
  • Andre,

I use 4X6 toploaders from BCW for all of my signed index cards. Not as tight of a fit, but they don't really slide around much. Here is a link:

http://www.bcwsupplies.com/

You can buy them on E-bay, also. Hope that helps.

Ken
    Ken,

Same guy. Let me know what other sigs you need for the ND collection.

Mark
  • Mark,

Jesse Harper has been my latest search....thanks.

Ken
  • wolfedenwolfeden Posts: 77 ✭✭
    Hi All,

I just listed a team signed 1947 Green Bay Packers game program on eBay tonight. It has 41 auto's including Curly Lambeau, Walter Kiesling, Don Hutson and Heisman Trophy winner, Bruce Smith. The program includes a full LOA from PSA. I have included the Lambeau and Kiesling page for you to look at. The eBay number is #260658633641.
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi All,

I just listed a team signed 1947 Green Bay Packers game program on eBay tonight. It has 41 auto's including Curly Lambeau, Walter Kiesling, Don Hutson and Heisman Trophy winner, Bruce Smith. The program includes a full LOA from PSA. I have included the Lambeau and Kiesling page for you to look at. The eBay number is #260658633641.
    image >>

i will be watching that one for sure.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Hello Everyone,
    Hope you will be able find this faster than it took me, but I will try to give better directions than I had. Here goes:
    Go to www.psacard.com
    Scroll about 1/2 way down, then when you see PSA/DNA Set Registry, click on that.
    Then , click on where it says 243 Registered sets.
    Then click on where it says autographs 106.
    Then click on Sports, Then click on Football.
    Then click on where it says Hall of Fame Football ( any medium )
    Then look at GRIDIRON LEGENDS.
    ENJOY !!!!
  • tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    I need some info on this ebay auction. It is a program from 1935, Eagles vs. Pirates. It shows Izzy Weinstock on the cover. I need to know if the cover is signed by him or is it a pre-print on all the programs from that game. If you have any others to compare it to, let me know.

Thanks,

Jim

Izzy Weinstock

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
  • Jim,

Has the look of a preprint to me, but I've not seen this program before to know for certain.

Mark
    Thanks Mark, I tend to agree. Anyone ever see another program from that game?

• Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Did anyone see this? Any thoughts?

Bruce Smith 1948 Bowman Signed card
    Link
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!

• << <i>Did anyone see this? Any thoughts?

Link >>

Well, I'm pretty sure that Kirk Welch won it.
  • Ok, sorry to rant but this is getting a bit to much.... Did anyone check out UKredskins ebay listings now?

I think the only authentic signature i saw was a Chuck Bednarik.

He has listed right now - Johnny Unitas, Dan Marino, Don Shula, Jerry Rice, Deion Sanders, Donovan McNabb just horrible. Let me guess, he got them when he bought a collection.

This guy has more deceased players listed right now than all of ebay combined! Bob Matheson signed rookie - BAD

Why do people buy from this guy?

Sorry to rant but i just wish everyone would realize that he is hurting the market by putting all this junk out there of deceased players.
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Did anyone see this? Any thoughts?

Link >>

I saw that auction. I passed on it because of who was selling it.... I don't have any Bruce Smith exemplars, however I would seriously doubt that it passes PSA/DNA. Did anyone run a quick opinion? I didn't want to waste the $7.50.

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg

• << <i>

<< <i>Did anyone see this? Any thoughts?

Link >>

I saw that auction. I passed on it because of who was selling it.... I don't have any Bruce Smith exemplars, however I would seriously doubt that it passes PSA/DNA. Did anyone run a quick opinion? I didn't want to waste the $7.50.

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

Hi Greg,

I have two Bruce Smith exemplar's for you to look at. The first one is from the 1947 Packers signed program I have listed on eBay right now and the second comes from a 1948 signed Green Bay Packers team sheet. Hope this helps.

Ed

• I am about 90% sure that Bruce Smith is fake. The tell tale sign for me is the "r" when compared to Ed's examples. People generally either slide across or distinctively dip to form ridges...check out the scan from the auction.

Ken
    Hey Guys,

I am looking at starting a website to sell some of my extra items, as I am getting rather dissatisfied with e-bay. Just wondering if you guys could take a look at this initial set up and tell me what you think. Right now, it only allows me to list 5 items. If I wish to list more, there are additional fees. Also, the site will not allow me to input items and then sort alphabetically, so I have to work on that.

What I was thinking, if the site looks promising, is to try it for a year ($250 for unlimited items) and give it a go. I would also allow others to list their items as well (no fee, but hopefully if they sell you would be able to help contribute to the yearly fees).

Anyway, here is the site: http://raresigs.webs.com/

It is just in an initial start up trial and error phase right now, as I was just sort of playing around with it and seeing what could be done.

Thanks for any input.

Bart
    Bart,

Looks like a good start. Wish you all the best.

Mark
    I've update the site at: http://raresigs.webs.com/ and soon the link will just be raresigs.com. Hopefully a lot of you guys will log in and click on Members and join (there is no fee to join) and discounts will be given to members of this board. Signing up will also allow me to e-mail you when new items are posted (it's an ongoing process). Also, please help distribute the site to others.

I ended up getting rid of the store and this allows me to post more items, and alphabetize them - just no paypal option on the site. I do have the option to place 30 items into a store though, should I choose to.

Also, if any of you have items that you would like to try to sell, I have no problem with listing them for any of you. If they sell, however, I just ask that you help pitch in some money to cover the yearly fee (the fee was only $100.00, but there is still a lot of time to maintain).

Bart
    Sorry, had the members option hidden, but it is now visible.

Click on Members and then on Edit Profile and that should do the trick.

Bart
  • Ken,

Thanks for the link. They have what I've looking for.

Is anyone else watching this new series about the top 100 players of all time? So far they have shown 100-81. I can't believe that they have Kurt Warner, Michael Irvin, and Ed Reed as 3 of the top 100 players of all time. Makes me wonder what's come.
    Andre W.
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭
    Just picked this up. Pleased to finally find a card that isnt the 75 Immortal Roll. Its gonna go in at somepoint to convert to redflip.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
    Bart,

The site looks great! Clean look and very easy to read & navigate. I hope you do well with it.

Jim

• Looks good, Bart, and the prices seem very fair.

I've added some new autographs to my "Early NY Giants" page - there are some HOFers in there but I'm still searching for the lesser known players.

Link to Early NY Giants autographs
  • Bart

Website is really coming along nicely. I would make one recommendation though.... a "recently added" icon or list would be helpful.

Mark
    Couldn't figure out how to do that yet, so I put up a blog and will post the updates there (by date added).

Bart
  • My local sports card store is nice enough to call me when they have Giants material, but I don't really need another Ken Strong autograph so they put it up on ebay - it's a Ken Strong 2010 Classics Cut Auto SP #4/4~GIANTS -

Ken Strong 2010 Classics Cut 4/4
  • HuggyfaceHuggyface Posts: 304 ✭✭
    I have a chance to buy one of the following 55 Topps AA signed by Sid Luckman and wated to get some opinions on the signatures (sorry for the poor scan, the seller sent me photocopies). Appreciate any input, thanks, Tim

Huggy in my opinion, both of those signatures look like secretarial. There are so many phony Luckman signatures on the market that the only ones that I would even consider purchasing would have to be authenicated by either JSA or PSA/DNA. If you want to send me your email I will be happy to email you two signatures that I have that have been aiuthenicated.
  • HuggyfaceHuggyface Posts: 304 ✭✭
    Judging these against PSA/DNA or JSA authenticated one on e-bay I think they are probably ghost signed too.
  • revmoranrevmoran Posts: 398 ✭✭
    This is not exactly Hall of Fame material, but I thought some of you might enjoy seeing this piece - this is the only one that mentions the 1925 Championship, but there are 12 other signed items with various types of endorsements for sporting goods sold by Joe Zacko - the other autographs are Frank Bucher, Edward Doyle, Jack Ernst, Hoot Flanagan, Tony Latone, Howard Fungy Lebengood, Armin Mahrt, Frank Racis, Richard Stahlman, Herb Stein, Russ Stein, Barney Wentz