Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Official NFL HOF autograph set thread???

Comments

• Very nice Guyon. I've been just looking for a 3x5.
    Andre W.

• << <i>Hello All,
    Well, first of all, I hope that you all have had a nice Easter Sunday with your families.
    2nd, after feeding the tiny gerbil that spins the microscopic wheel that helps make my brain move, I have come up with my "TOP TWENTY AUTOGRAPH WANT LIST" as of today, with a couple of notations to go with a few of them. Here goes:
    1) Hugh "Shorty" Ray
    2) Charles Bidwill
    3) Tim Mara
    4) Joe Carr or " Joseph" Carr
    5) Chic Harley - Greatest football player in history at The Ohio State University
    6) Earl "Curly" Lambeau - I recently sold the one I had at a nice profit to a local collector
    7) Don Miller - Notre Dame Four Horsemen
    8) Jim Crowley- " " " "
    9) Ernie Davis
    10) Duke Slater
    11) Al Blozis
    12) LaVern Dilweg
    13) Brian Piccolo
    14) Don Fleming - All NFL safety 1962 for the Browns. Died June 4th,1963 at age 26. Died just weeks after Ernie Davis died. TRAGIC off season for the Browns that year.
    15) Mac Speedie
    16) Dick Barwegan
    17) Bob Ferguson - The Ohio State running back legend. Runner-up to Ernie Davis for the Heisman. NEVER had a SINGLE carry for yardage loss in his CAREER !!! Died in 2004
    18) Turk Edwards - Have to find a much nicer 3 x 5 card. The one autograph that MUST be upgraded.
    19) Hunk Anderson
    20) Alan Ameche
    I know a couple of these are on Ebay, ( Anderson, Ameche ) but, they are not on the medium, or quality that I want. If I can get 3 of them this year, I would be happy.
    Rocke >>

Well, I picked up that Mac Speedie letter a couple of months ago, and last week I added another of my "want list" to my "have list". Nothing outstanding, or TOOOOO difficult, but a nice example from "Hunk" Anderson. See Ebay # 170513762992.
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.

• << <i>Very nice Guyon. I've been just looking for a 3x5. >>

Hello, and welcome aboard. I apologize, but I (we ? ) don't know what your name is. Also, could you post your " want list ". Someone may be able to help you out.
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • Just saw that College football Hall of Famer and Ohio State legend Jack Tatum passed away at the age of 61. I got to meet Jack on two different occasions. He was very nice both times, and I got a great picture of him with my son, Ben. RIP Mr. Tatum
    Rocke
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just saw that College football Hall of Famer and Ohio State legend Jack Tatum passed away at the age of 61. I got to meet Jack on two different occasions. He was very nice both times, and I got a great picture of him with my son, Ben. RIP Mr. Tatum
    Rocke >>

do you vist C-HOF grave sites too, if so you have another one to add to the list.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • I guess I should introduce myself to everyone. My name is Andre, and I'm a chemsitry teacher in the highly overtaxed and broke state of California. I've been collecting autos for about 18 years after I inherited my dads baseball auto collection from the 60's. Football has always been my thing.
    As far as my want list, well its pretty common to most others. I'm not too picky about what is signed being a 3x5, a cut, etc. I need the following: Bidwell sr, Carr, Chamberlin, Owen, Mcnally, GP Marshall, Mara, Kiesling, Lambeau, Pollard, Hugh Ray, Owner Reeves, stydahar, Hewitt, Herber, Pete Henry, Guyon, Friedman, and Len Ford. I'm also looking for Tyrer and Art Modell.
    I guess if any one has any to less, let me know.

Thanks, Andre
    Andre W.
  • This past Friday night , I went to a dinner / banquet at a local golf country club. It was the 9th annual " Stark County High School Hall of Fame Induction " I went to the innaugural Banquet in 2002, had a GREAT time, but for a variety of reasons, hadn't gone back, until Friday. This years class had 6 inductees, and all 6 have NFL ties. Mike Doss, Kenny Peterson, Steve Luke, Mark Murphy ( also in the Green Bay Packer Hall of Fame ) and Derek Fox all played in the NFL and the 6th is a guy by the name of Thom McDaniels, a local coaching legend, who has a son by the name of Josh ( you may have heard of him ). Being the home of the Hall of Fame is indeed special, but Canton, to this day, continues to make an impact on the NFL.
    The first induction in 2002, had 15 members. But think about this. There are THREE THOUSAND, ONE HUNDRED, FORTY ONE ( 3141 ) Counties in the United States, and, with the new class of 7 NFL Hall of Famers, there are now 260 Members in the Hall of Fame, but out of 260 in the Hall, FIVE of them played their High School football right here in Stark County. Paul Brown, Len Dawson, Dan Dierdorf, Marion Motley, and Alan Page !!
    Had a BLAST at the dinner, got many autographs of the new class, plus some from former inuctees Ron Blackledge ( longtime NFL coach ) his son Todd ( NFL quarterback, now an ESPN analyst, and Vince Costello ( former longtime Browns linebacker ) Also got a nice autograph from College Football Hall of Famer, and former Director of the Hall of Fame Pete Elliot.
    Dave ( catman ) was also in attendance getting autographs for himself, and at least two regular contributors to this thread. Truly was a GREAT evening. I WILL go back next year!!!
    Rocke
    Yep, Dave got me a Luke auto and a Murphy. I found some Luke cards for him so he got me a few autos. Luke's only card is a team leader. But we both wanted them signed. Another name off my goal to have auto's of every player that has scored at least a single point or more for the Packers.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • CatmanCatman Posts: 267 ✭✭
    I need on opinion, how does the signature look on this Emlen Tunnell 3x5?

• bdbopbdbop Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Does not look like the Tunnell examples I have in my collection.

Bart
  • HuggyfaceHuggyface Posts: 304 ✭✭
    I wanted show off my latest purchase and solicit some advice. This item was on e-bay a few weeks ago. The seller pulled it at the last minute because he was afraid it may sell for too low of a price. I contacted him and made him a good offer and I just received it today. It also came with a nice vintage Joe Louis autograph and some Hollywood stars. The Thorpe autographs have a full PSA/DNA letter. The piece measures 4x6 inches and is attached to a full sheet. I was entertaining ideas since there are 2 signatures. I could always keep it as. I would probably send it back to PSA/DNA for encapsulation. I was also thinking about having "knuckles" make a custom card with the top signature and then sell the bottom one to defray some of the costs of the purchase. Appreciate any ideas, thanks, Tim

• Tim,

If I picked up those Thorpe autographs, I would do exactly as you describe. Encapsulate the upper one for my collection (it's a beautiful sig!) and sell the other to defray costs and to buy something else for my collection. There is obviously some discoloration across the lower signature, but I have to think that you could still get $800-$1K for it. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

Ken
  • Hello Tim,
    Nice pick-up. Since you asked, I will tell you what I would do if it was mine. I just didn't want to be the FIRST to give my opinion!! Thanks Ken !!
    First of all, even though I have never before seen two Thorpe's on one item, if I owned it, I would ABSOLUTELY separate them. I wouldn't personally do it. I would take it to a professional frame shop and have them do it for me, to make sure all of the cuts are straight and clean. There is a shop here in Canton that does a lot of framing for the Hall and I have been friends with the owner for many years. Anyway, the top autograph, I would cut horizontal all the way across just ABOVE the two waterspots. I would also cut the other three sides, barely trimming off the TOP sheet that has the autographs, so that I could COMPLETELY get rid of the BOTTOM sheet from being visible. I would then have the frame shop centrally mount that slip onto an unlined , white 3 x 5 card. That one would be done.
    The bottom autograph is a little more tricky. I would trim off what would be the top of the remaining slip to get rid of those two waterspots. I would also trim the left, right and bottom, again to remove all visibility of the bottom sheet of paper. Then, assuming that the bottom edge was trimmed right along the edge of the top sheet, I would cut off the bottom 5/8" from left to right for 4" thereby getting rid of the big waterspot on the bottom ( including the black ink writing ) but I would leave the date. I would also cut VERTICAL on the right edge, trimming off about 3/8", so as to get rid of the waterspot on the right edge. I would then have that slip centrally mounted on a white unlined 3 x 5 card. Not a lot you can do about that mark through the "RP" in Thorpe, but if you put it on Ebay for like 1250.00 OBO, I think you should be able to get 900.00 without to much trouble. Of course, I would have them both encapsulated. Good Luck.
    Rocke
  • Hi guys,

I wanted to take a little survey since most people on here know their stuff. I was trying to think of players who made 8 pro bowls or more and are not in the hall of fame (they must be hall eligible). I came up with Lemar Parrish 8, Maxie Baughan 9, Chris Hansburger 9, Walt Sweeney 9. Anyone else have more to add?

Thanks
    Andre W.
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Al Wistert would've been to 8, but the NFL had suspended the Pro Bowl for all but the final year of his career.
    I figured this out a few years ago:

9 Pro Bowls: Maxie Baughan, Chris Hanburger, Walt Sweeney, Jim Tyrer
    8 Pro Bowls: Steve Atwter (I know the name is missing an "a", but the site wouldn't allow the post with the name spelled correctly), Chris Doleman, Winston Hill, George Kunz, Lemar Parrish, Les Richter, Junior Seau

Bart
  • I know The Ox was drafted by the steagles in 1943. Too bad the pro bowl was cancelled those years.
    Andre W.
  • tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    While I understand the reasoning for cutting the Jim Thorpe autograph, the purist in me hates to see it happen.

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
  • Jim, Trust me, the PURIST in me hates it also.
    Thanks for all of the suggestions. I almost positive I will separate them in order to keep the top in my collection and sell the bottom. I am still leaning towards maybe having knuckles do a nice 4x6 card, do you think having a knuckles custom special diminishes the overall value? Tim
  • cfhofercfhofer Posts: 258 ✭✭
    A few scans for those interested in the early stuff....

1896 signed letter by Garrett Cochran, Princeton HOFer (type is a little faded, but sig is still nice)

Crabbed signature of Michigan's first All-American, William R Cunningham (1898 & 1899)

Albert Herrnstein, Ohio State football coach 1906-09

• Mark,
    Speaking for me personally, even though I don't know who those three men were, I LOVE to look at what you call " the early stuff "
    Now, as far as HoF week / autograph sessions, I will just call them promoter A, B, and C. Promoter A is having:
    Randall McDaniel
    Tommy McDonald
    Jim Otto
    Dwight Stephenson
    Bob St.Clair
    Promoter B is having :
    Leroy Kelly
    Charlie Sanders
    Jack Youngblood
    Ron Yary
    Elvin Bethea
    Promoter C is having:
    Mel Renfro
    Larry Wilson
    Jackie Smith
    Jan Stenarud
    Billy Shaw
    Roger Wehrli
    Fred Dean
    Ken Houston
    Deacon Jones
    Mike Haynes
    Ted Hendricks
    Bobby Bell
    Willie Lanier
    Dan Dierdorf
    These are all in addition to the guys that are signing at The Hall of Fame through Mounted Memories.
    Rocky...where can I get the locations, times, and fees for promotors a, b, and c?
  • Dave,
    Promoter "A" , go to www.envoycollectables.com
    Promoter B & C, stop in Jim Tozzi's Sports Archives at 40th & Cleveland Ave. N. he has flyers with days / times / prices.
    Promoter B is inside Belden Village Mall during the cardshow this weekend.
    Promoter "C" is going to be over at the Holiday Inn across the street from B.V.
    Promoter " B " & " C " do NOT have their own websites.
    Rocke
  • dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭
    I'm heading down to the Enshrinement Ceremony this weekend and I was wondering if anyone knew about other places to park besides the Stark County Fairgrounds? Also if there is any other information I need to know I would very much appreciate it. Thanks-Dave

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
    You can park around the HOF several of the homes there will let you park in their yards for a fee, but other than that not much you can do. Parking is definitely not one of the strong points during HOF weekend.

• << <i>I'm heading down to the Enshrinement Ceremony this weekend and I was wondering if anyone knew about other places to park besides the Stark County Fairgrounds? Also if there is any other information I need to know I would very much appreciate it. Thanks-Dave >>

Hey Dave,
    Make sure that you stop by the show at Belden Village Mall. I will be set-up with show co-promoter Jim Tozzi and Jeff Whitmore. There will be 5 hall of Famers signing at the group of 10 tables where I am. Stop by and introduce yourself. It is going to be a GREAT show.
    As far as parking, check your PM tonight AFTER 11:00PM
    Rocke
    Am I being to picky or am I expecting to much from PSA to do things in a logical and consistant manner???? I sent them (2) NFL HOF tickets to be graded on the June ticket special. Even though it was half price with shipping it still cost me $46.95. I didn't send 100 tickets I sent two. In my way of thinking, and only because it makes good logical sense, but don't most of us read left to right??? You would think!!!!!! This is what I got back yesterday. Never mind the green backing, I did that when I scanned the ticket because it didn't show up right with just a white background and unfortunately green was all that I had.

This just really ticked me off, I sent an email to Sonia in customer service but she is out probably at the national. Isn't it reasonable to think that these should both be facing the same direction, or am I too picky???? I'm waiting for her reply and I will have to send back the 1970 ticket so it can be mounted correctly but don't you think with only (2) tickets they could get it right??? BTW I was pleased with the 9 on the 1962 ticket but not so pleased with the 6 on the 1970 ticket. Maybe it got downgraded because the grader couldn't see and put it the slab the wrong way. Has anyone else had an issue like this?

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm heading down to the Enshrinement Ceremony this weekend and I was wondering if anyone knew about other places to park besides the Stark County Fairgrounds? Also if there is any other information I need to know I would very much appreciate it. Thanks-Dave >>

Hey Dave,
    Make sure that you stop by the show at Belden Village Mall. I will be set-up with show co-promoter Jim Tozzi and Jeff Whitmore. There will be 5 hall of Famers signing at the group of 10 tables where I am. Stop by and introduce yourself. It is going to be a GREAT show.
    As far as parking, check your PM tonight AFTER 11:00PM
    Rocke >>

Thanks Rocke, I plan on attending the show. It will be my first one in 16 years.lol Which HOF'ers will be there?

title.
  • Hi Dave,
    First of all, no need to PM. I know someone that lives on 21st St. But they are not listed in the phone book, and I haven't been able to get a hold of her. I just can't remember the exact address. If I get a hold of her, I'll ask if you can park in her drive. I know you can park in front of her house ( if I get her address ) It's free, if you don't mind about a 3 block walk. If you park close, the people that let you park in their yard, well, they charge $20.00 !!!!!
    As far as the signers, We have Elvin Bethea, Leroy Kelly, Charlie Sanders, Ron Yary, and Jack Youngblood. Elvin is 15.00 the other 4 are 20.00.
    Rocke

<< <i>Hi Dave,
    First of all, no need to PM. I know someone that lives on 21st St. But they are not listed in the phone book, and I haven't been able to get a hold of her. I just can't remember the exact address. If I get a hold of her, I'll ask if you can park in her drive. I know you can park in front of her house ( if I get her address ) It's free, if you don't mind about a 3 block walk. If you park close, the people that let you park in their yard, well, they charge $20.00 !!!!!
    As far as the signers, We have Elvin Bethea, Leroy Kelly, Charlie Sanders, Ron Yary, and Jack Youngblood. Elvin is 15.00 the other 4 are 20.00.
    Rocke >>

Hi Rocke,

Thanks for the information on the players. 3 blocks would be no problem so please let me know.

I appreciate the help.

title.
  • revmoranrevmoran Posts: 398 ✭✭

<< <i>Am I being to picky or am I expecting to much from PSA to do things in a logical and consistant manner???? Isn't it reasonable to think that these should both be facing the same direction, or am I too picky???? >>

Yes, it is reasonable and No, you're not being too picky - at the very least they should be consistent. But which ticket is done properly? I would say the top ticket is correct, the bottom ticket is upside down.

<< <i>Am I being to picky or am I expecting to much from PSA to do things in a logical and consistant manner???? I sent them (2) NFL HOF tickets to be graded on the June ticket special. Even though it was half price with shipping it still cost me $46.95. I didn't send 100 tickets I sent two. In my way of thinking, and only because it makes good logical sense, but don't most of us read left to right??? You would think!!!!!! This is what I got back yesterday. Never mind the green backing, I did that when I scanned the ticket because it didn't show up right with just a white background and unfortunately green was all that I had.

This just really ticked me off, I sent an email to Sonia in customer service but she is out probably at the national. Isn't it reasonable to think that these should both be facing the same direction, or am I too picky???? I'm waiting for her reply and I will have to send back the 1970 ticket so it can be mounted correctly but don't you think with only (2) tickets they could get it right??? BTW I was pleased with the 9 on the 1962 ticket but not so pleased with the 6 on the 1970 ticket. Maybe it got downgraded because the grader couldn't see and put it the slab the wrong way. Has anyone else had an issue like this? >>

dave,

the same thing happens with cards. one can send in a whole set where the cards are landscape instead of the normal and they will flip the cards both ways. why....the guy that works the machine could careless. that is the sad truth to it. that guy justs slabs the cards...and hopes he doesnt do too much damage in the process.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Am I being to picky or am I expecting to much from PSA to do things in a logical and consistant manner???? I sent them (2) NFL HOF tickets to be graded on the June ticket special. Even though it was half price with shipping it still cost me $46.95. I didn't send 100 tickets I sent two. In my way of thinking, and only because it makes good logical sense, but don't most of us read left to right??? You would think!!!!!! This is what I got back yesterday. Never mind the green backing, I did that when I scanned the ticket because it didn't show up right with just a white background and unfortunately green was all that I had.

This just really ticked me off, I sent an email to Sonia in customer service but she is out probably at the national. Isn't it reasonable to think that these should both be facing the same direction, or am I too picky???? I'm waiting for her reply and I will have to send back the 1970 ticket so it can be mounted correctly but don't you think with only (2) tickets they could get it right??? BTW I was pleased with the 9 on the 1962 ticket but not so pleased with the 6 on the 1970 ticket. Maybe it got downgraded because the grader couldn't see and put it the slab the wrong way. Has anyone else had an issue like this? >>

Someone told me once that they will slab landscape tickets in a way that makes the backs NOT upside down (assuming the backs are portrait)

Are the backs landscape or vertical?
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    If anyone is interested in my Tony Latone letter, let me know. I will let it go, cheap! image

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
  • Hi All,

Well I finally got some time tonight to show everyone my latest purchase. I would like to thank Rocke for helping me purchase this 1941 Pittsburgh Steelers team signed photo. He kept telling me that the item looks better then the photo's that he sent me. Rocke was right. The Walter Kiesling autograph is perfect. This is one of the earliest football team signed photo's I have ever seen.

Ed

• Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Holy cow! That is awesome! Congrats
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Wow - that is an incredible photo - congrats!

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
    Fantastic pickup Ed!
    I'm happy to say that PSA is going to resolve my ticket issue. The 1970 is the incorrect ticket, the label should be on the left...
  • wolfedenwolfeden Posts: 77 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm happy to say that PSA is going to resolve my ticket issue. The 1970 is the incorrect ticket, the label should be on the left... >>

That's great that they are going to fix it for you.
    The HOF induction was pretty awesome this weekend, as you know from Rocke's previous post there were several autograph sessions going on around town as well at the HOF. With some surprises thrown in as well. Over 90 HOFer's returned to Canton this past weekend and they all thoroughly enjoyed the weekend. As you all know Emmitt Smith charges the most for his autograph. His rate for flats was $229 if you wanted him to add "HOF 10" you're looking at another $189. I was sure that he would be sitting at an empty table during the Saturday session when they new enshrinees were signing separately, the first time that has ever happened at the hall. The price for the whole class on Sunday was $500 and Rice and Smith would ONLY sign flats and would only add their player #. The other inductees all added HOF 10 or HOF 2010 except Floyd Little he only signed his name. I would have to say that at least 250 tickets were sold for the class signing. In seperate signing on Saturday, they were calling for collectors who had ticket numbers upto 350 for Emmitt and about 325 for Rice. After the class signing on Sunday Smith and Rice had another signing session and they drew probably between 250 and 300.

There were a couple of cancellations during the Mounted Memories/Panini sponsored autograph sesion on Saturday. Tony Dorsett, and Warren Moon both cancelled. A HUDickersonGE pleasant surprise for me was that Joe Gibbs took Dorsett's spot. Gibbs as you know if a tough signer, but he was super nice and very friendly with the fans. He was taking pictures with the fans and adding inscriptions for no additional charge. With him signing, I was able to complete my Class of 96 signed induction program and a HOF metallic card. Bruce Smith was about 45 minutes late but was also very nice. I got (2) autographs from Joe Gibbs, (2) from Ronnie Lott, and one each from Grimm, Smith, and Dickerson. All of them added their HOFyear, even though there were supposed to be extra fees for any inscriptions Ronnie Lott was the oly one who refused to sign anything but his name unless you paid for it. I got lucky because Mounted Memories undercharged me and I ended up getting one of the Gibbs signature for free.

During the HOF induction dinner Lynn Swann, one of four HOFer's who was sitting at the head of the table in our room was walking around and shaking peoples hands and taking pictures with guest however he wouldn't sign anything. Keyshawn Johnson was also at the dinner and was posing for pictures but didn't sign anything, which was understandalbe with about 4000 dinner goers trying to get signatures.

The real treasure of the weekend was Jim Taylor was setup outside of the Museum store and was signing his book "Fire Within". He was adding any inscriptions and taking pictures with people. The price of the book signed was ONLY $27. He is an easy $100 at a show.
    greg,

what happened to some of your cards from your set. did psa lose them again?

jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's

<< <i>greg,

jay >>

Jay,

I'm playing the "where did my card go" game with PSA. Quite a few of my cards aren't designated as PSA/DNA certified in PSA's database and I've been going through my cards and asking PSA to correct their database. Well - more often than not, after they've updated their system the cards will dissapear from either all of my sets or some of my sets (since many of my autographed cards are registered in more than one set).

I have seriously spent hours working with PSA on this and there are still quite a few cards missing....arghhh..

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    By the way, CJ (UKRedskins) e-mailed me earlier this week and claimed the Walt Kiesling signed 59 Topps Steelers team card was authenticated by JSA. He also claims to have sold the card...even through he claimed to have sold it several months ago.

With CJ, it seems the truth is always somewhere in the middle.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    For those of you looking for various signed football index cards (especially of non Hall of Famers), I am planning to go over to John Burk's place on August 24. Feel free to e-mail me a list of who all you are looking for and I will do my best to try to check. You can e-mail me your list at: bdbop@aol.com

I don't mind fronting the money, but would appreciate receiving payment within a week after I get back. Also, please include what your $ limit is on each signature, so that I will know. By trying to fill several people's want lists, hopefully he will offer a better price.

Bart

PS: Ken, I already have your list.

<< <i>

<< <i>greg,

jay >>

Jay,

I'm playing the "where did my card go" game with PSA. Quite a few of my cards aren't designated as PSA/DNA certified in PSA's database and I've been going through my cards and asking PSA to correct their database. Well - more often than not, after they've updated their system the cards will dissapear from either all of my sets or some of my sets (since many of my autographed cards are registered in more than one set).

I have seriously spent hours working with PSA on this and there are still quite a few cards missing....arghhh..

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

greg,

i have run into the same problems. i dont understand why i have to send them scans of the front and back, when they are already in my HOF set with scans of the auto's.

it seems like a never ending battle. were we not told that the software update 2 years ago was going to solve many of these issues. probably the best way to deal with this is to remove the card from your sets and inventory. then re-enter the card after they have cleared up the issue. since we have already had the card in a set it should go in pretty easy after that.

i know that i have plenty of cards to work on with this issue. i just really dont feel like wasting the time. after all nearly every all decade team member is in the HOF yet I cant get many of those cards to load into the sets.

jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's

<< <i>By the way, CJ (UKRedskins) e-mailed me earlier this week and claimed the Walt Kiesling signed 59 Topps Steelers team card was authenticated by JSA. He also claims to have sold the card...even through he claimed to have sold it several months ago.

With CJ, it seems the truth is always somewhere in the middle.

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

well maybe it did. if the person who won it was smart they might relist in on ebay. if i had the jsa i would send the card to psa as well.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    The wife just got a teaching job so the family income just increased. Based on that fact, I'm leaning towards keeping these Thorpe autographs together. Question, I would like to have the bottom autographed professionally "cleaned up." Based on years of watching the Antique Roadshow image I know there are people out there that can restore most things. Does anyone know where to begin looking for these services? I would prefer to have it done here in Miami where I live. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Tim

• Hey everyone,

I can knock one more off my wantlist. Picked up this George P. Marshall check cut autograph for my collection. Not the nicest piece you will ever see, but it is a full signature and I got it at a decent price in my opinion. Steve Owen and Arnie Herber are the only reasonable one's left for me to get and then I will be down to the toughies....

Ken