Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Official NFL HOF autograph set thread???

Comments

• jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    ImEddie,

Check your pm for addy.

Also congrats on being post 3000 here.

jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
    Greg,

Thanks for the help with the addy!!!

Jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    I have an extra signed Ringo rc available if anyone is interested:

Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg

• << <i>

<< <i>Congrats Mike on a great pickup. RE also had a nice 1942 signed Giants program. >>

Father, hear my confession, I bought that too - all for Al Blozis.

BTW did you notice that in the Heritage auction an 1875 Columbia vs. Princeton College Football Championship Program (lot 82352) sold for $3,883 - I had nothing to do with that. >>

Hey Mike,
    Nice pick-up on that program. I didn't expect to win it, but I did own the high bid at $500.00 for a few days. I wish I had the $$$ to have went after it harder, but , alas, oh well.....
    I had a pretty strong gut feeling that you had seen it as well, and would be after it pretty strong, so I didn't go any higher. That looks like a REALLY nice Blozis. Congrats!!!!
    Quite a number of nice pick-ups by different people lately. As Dave mentioned a few days ago, he and I did a pretty large trade a couple of weeks ago. I now have a ticket to every Hall of Fame game except 4. I still need a ticket to the games from 1974, 1978, 1992, and 2009. I would like to upgrade a few others. Definitely getting a mint ticket to the ' 62 game though, becomes the "prize" of my HoF ticket collection.
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.

• << <i>Hello All,
    Well, first of all, I hope that you all have had a nice Easter Sunday with your families.
    2nd, after feeding the tiny gerbil that spins the microscopic wheel that helps make my brain move, I have come up with my "TOP TWENTY AUTOGRAPH WANT LIST" as of today, with a couple of notations to go with a few of them. Here goes:
    1) Hugh "Shorty" Ray
    2) Charles Bidwill
    3) Tim Mara
    4) Joe Carr or " Joseph" Carr
    5) Chic Harley - Greatest football player in history at The Ohio State University
    6) Earl "Curly" Lambeau - I recently sold the one I had at a nice profit to a local collector
    7) Don Miller - Notre Dame Four Horsemen
    8) Jim Crowley- " " " "
    9) Ernie Davis
    10) Duke Slater
    11) Al Blozis
    12) LaVern Dilweg
    13) Brian Piccolo
    14) Don Fleming - All NFL safety 1962 for the Browns. Died June 4th,1963 at age 26. Died just weeks after Ernie Davis died. TRAGIC off season for the Browns that year.
    15) Mac Speedie
    16) Dick Barwegan
    17) Bob Ferguson - The Ohio State running back legend. Runner-up to Ernie Davis for the Heisman. NEVER had a SINGLE carry for yardage loss in his CAREER !!! Died in 2004
    18) Turk Edwards - Have to find a much nicer 3 x 5 card. The one autograph that MUST be upgraded.
    19) Hunk Anderson
    20) Alan Ameche
    I know a couple of these are on Ebay, ( Anderson, Ameche ) but, they are not on the medium, or quality that I want. If I can get 3 of them this year, I would be happy.
    Rocke >>

Well I picked up one of my Top Twenty "WANT" list last night. See Ebay # 390192541196.
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • revmoranrevmoran Posts: 398 ✭✭
    Great Speedie autograph and quite a fine peice of stationary as well - congratulations!
  • cfhofercfhofer Posts: 258 ✭✭
    Rocke

I notice Ernie Davis is on your want list. Todd Meuller acquired the Davis estate last year and has been selling one or two Davis autographs a week on his auction website. Minimum bid is $500, most go unsold.

Doubt you'll find a nicer example for much cheaper.

Mark
  • DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    Did you guys see the HOF RC autographs in the Legendary auction? IT includes this unbelievable card!!

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • revmoranrevmoran Posts: 398 ✭✭
    The Grange is great - haven't seen one like that before. Here's the 1942 program with Al Blozis

<< <i>Did you guys see the HOF RC autographs in the Legendary auction? IT includes this unbelievable card!!

image >>

Greg,

Hope you have plenty of money stashed away for all these rare ones. BTW any news about that other auction?

Jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's

<< <i>The Grange is great - haven't seen one like that before. Here's the 1942 program with Al Blozis

image >>

wow 31 years before i entered the world to the day!!!
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's

• << <i>

<< <i>The Grange is great - haven't seen one like that before. Here's the 1942 program with Al Blozis

image >>

wow 31 years before i entered the world to the day!!! >>

Jay,
    Toooooo funny. This program is dated exactly 19 years before my wife Sue entered the world.
    Whenever she is asked her birthday, she always replies the same....... " November 1st... All SAINTS Day "
    Rocke

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

Jay,
    Toooooo funny. This program is dated exactly 19 years before my wife Sue entered the world.
    Whenever she is asked her birthday, she always replies the same....... " November 1st... All SAINTS Day "
    Rocke >>

I say the same.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

Jay,
    Rocke >>

Hey Pinhead! You just gave away Sue's age!
  • Lucky for me she doesn't read this!!!!!!
    Rocke
    Got some good news yesterday....there is a decent chance that my Rickey will be done before the deadline. I made some contact with PSA and they said it could be possible so Rickey was sent out yesterday. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I am also hoping my Favre Ticket set gets strong consideration for Ticket set of the year...then again there arent many ticket sets that are over the 95% mark anyway.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • CatmanCatman Posts: 267 ✭✭
    Rocke.....nice pickup on the Mac Speedie, that's a clean letter!
  • Hello All,
    A couple of things,
    For the fun of it, I just went to Expedia, and tried to book a hotel room in Canton for Thurs. Fri. and Sat. night during HoF weekend. NOTHING available in Canton or Akron. Found limited hotel rooms in Kent ( about 20 miles away) Hope to see someone here this year. It will be HUGE this year.
    Also, wanted to send Mark a PM but must not be "enabled"
    Rocke
    Rocke,

PM now enabled..

Mark
    vintageuofm@yahoo.com

• << <i>Rocke

I notice Ernie Davis is on your want list. Todd Meuller acquired the Davis estate last year and has been selling one or two Davis autographs a week on his auction website. Minimum bid is $500, most go unsold.

Doubt you'll find a nicer example for much cheaper.

Mark >>

Yes , I have noticed them. Haven't seen exactly what I am looking for yet, but I feel pretty sure that by Dec. 31, 2010, I will have that one scratched off of my list.
    Rocke
  • KLS23KLS23 Posts: 1,581
    Hey all,

If anyone knows where I can find a John "Shipwreck" Kelly autograph, please let me know. Still looking for James (Jim) Phelan, also. Thanks.

Ken
    ken_ams@hotmail.com
  • Is anyone here planning on going to the J. Paul show next weekend in Pittsburgh? i have to work Friday and Saturday, was thinking of going over on Sunday. Anyone?
    Rocke
    I just picked up a nice lot of signed 1948 Bowman cards....which include a couple of toughies. Being a ND fan, I've been looking for a nice Dancewicz auto'd card for several years. Enjoy!

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    Ken,

Doubt you'll find a nicer Phelan than the signed 1952 Bowman currently on ebay. He'd probably take $200-250 for it.

Mark
  • Hello All,
    Looking VERY forward to tommorrow. Bobby Mitchell is the autograph guest at the monthly local card show/autograph session. He was the first person I got to drive for after the show, back in April 2007. His plane is not until 6:30 Sunday eve. and he is done the autograph session at 3:00PM When I drove him 3 years ago, I still needed something like about 25 or so autographs. I told him about my collection then, and he did seem genuinely interested. I went to the bank today and got a few of my "prizes" out of my safe deposit box to show him. I am VERY hopeful that I will get him over to see some of my collection. That would be the cherry on top of the sundae, getting a Cleveland Browns Hall of Famer over to see my " Shrine " to the Browns. I'll let you know.
    Rocke
    Rocke,

Good luck tomorrow. Cant wait to hear how it went.

Jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's

<< <i>Hello All,
    Looking VERY forward to tommorrow. Bobby Mitchell is the autograph guest at the monthly local card show/autograph session. He was the first person I got to drive for after the show, back in April 2007. His plane is not until 6:30 Sunday eve. and he is done the autograph session at 3:00PM When I drove him 3 years ago, I still needed something like about 25 or so autographs. I told him about my collection then, and he did seem genuinely interested. I went to the bank today and got a few of my "prizes" out of my safe deposit box to show him. I am VERY hopeful that I will get him over to see some of my collection. That would be the cherry on top of the sundae, getting a Cleveland Browns Hall of Famer over to see my " Shrine " to the Browns. I'll let you know.
    Rocke >>

Rocke,

Have a great day tomorrow...I hope that Bobby Mitchell gets to see your Browns shrine. I have 7 or 8 of my cards being signed at the show tomorrow...I can't wait to add them to my collection.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    Rocke...did you get my PM about Memorial Day Weekend?

<< <i>Did you guys see the HOF RC autographs in the Legendary auction? IT includes this unbelievable card!!

image >>

Thanks for sharing - that is an incredible card! I know a collector who has one....I would love to own a signed Jim Thorpe from that set!

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:

<< <i>H&S Auction

The Warner and Stagg are very nice! >>

Ok guys - the Huggins and Scott auction is now open...so please PM me if there are any items in the above auction that you are interested in. I'm interested in the Owen card...so everything else is up for grabs. As previously discussed, I would like to spit this auction with other collectors who are interested with the other items in the lot.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Hello All,
    Well, things ALMOST could not have went any better today than they did. Bobby was scheduled to sign for the public from 1:00 - 3:00. Normally Jane likes her guest to start about 1/2 hour early to get the mail order out of the way first. I got to the show about 11:30. Around Noon I went to the restaurant area and saw Bobby and his wife sitting in there. I went up to them, and told Bobby ' You probably don't remember my name, but I am sure that you remember me" We then talked for a few minutes. Bobby was the first person I drove for Jane, back in April 2007. Before he started the mail order, I saw your cards on the table Greg. I told Jane to be sure to let the sharpie dry before re-packaging. I told her that you have a very extensive collection, and I remembered what you said happened to you at a TriStar? show, about how the autographs "bubbled" from being packaged before the sharpie had dryed. She promised me she would take care of them for you. A LOT of people there today. Still a few people in line at 3:00, plus Jane gets a LOT of stuff signed for herself, that she sells on her website. She paid him extra to stay an extra 1/2 hour. Got out of the hotel around 3:30 , there plane is at 6:30, and Bobby's wife said she wanted to be at the airport by 5:30. So we leave the hotel, and it's off to Damon's ( a very good B-B-Q restaurant ) where they very graciously bought me lunch. After a nice lunch, and some good stories, got out of the Damon's at 4:40, and got to my house at 4:50. Only had 20 minutes at my house to show him my "shrine' to the Browns and to the hall of Fame. Went to the bank on Saturday, and got out my Johnny "Blood" McNally 3 x 5 card, my Guy Chamberlin 3 x 5 card with 3 inscriptions, my Jim Thorpe signed business card, and my Len Ford 1956 Browns contract. Bobby and his wife Gwen really seemed to enjoy looking at my stuff. Before leaving, I asked him to sign and date the wall below where Dan Hampton signed in Feb. No Problem. What a thrill. Having a Cleveland Browns Hall of Famer in MY HOUSE. If even for only 20 minutes. Had to be out of my house by 5:10, so I could have them at Canton-Akron airport by 5:30. Only SMALL complaint would be we would have had close to an hour if we left the show at normal time...... but, it was a GREAT turnout for Jane, so I am very happy for her. What a BLAST. I can't believe today happened.
  • Rocke, You are the man!!! That sounds awesome! It has to be a real thrill to have those guys in your home and spend that kind of time with them. Zack and I had breakfast with Chuck Bednarik one morning and it was the start of Zack's obsession with collecting. It all began that morning in New Jersey. We didn't even know who he was until half way through breakfast. He spent a full hour with us and was even late for his signing because he was talking with Zack. It was awesome!!!!. By the way, I wanted to let you know that Zack may be looking to sell off his collection soon. He turns 16 in December and he is looking to buy a car. He said he can just start over again with his kids when he gets older. I have no idea the best place to sell these items. You know the kind of stuff he has. I really don't want to pay an auction house a couple thousand dollars. It seems like such a waste. I will let you know more when he makes up his mind but he is down to only two, Bidwell and Ray. He got his Carr last month and it is awesome. I've never really thought about selling it but I guess the memories are what was important. We certainly have those. I will send you a regular e-mail soon or I will see you in Chantilly in July. Great story!! Thanks for sharing that.
  • StatmanStatman Posts: 597 ✭✭✭
    Question about this month's autograph special - in terms of resale, does it help enough to get GLA cards slabbed for such players as Baugh, Jurgensen, Alworth, Hirsch, Fears, etc.... Obviously, it helps in terms of authenticity, but will they bring better prices to justify the costs?
  • If the cards are sharp, and they get a good number grade, (as opposed to just an "Authentic" grade), than yes. They will bring better prices.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion

<< <i>Question about this month's autograph special - in terms of resale, does it help enough to get GLA cards slabbed for such players as Baugh, Jurgensen, Alworth, Hirsch, Fears, etc.... Obviously, it helps in terms of authenticity, but will they bring better prices to justify the costs? >>

I'm on the fence. Last year, a seller sold 100+ GLAs that were slabbed and he barely got back the cost of grading on quite a few of the auctions. Personally, I would only slab high dollar value GLAs which have 8++ quality autographs.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    well got the word back tonight. the jackson is slabbed as a 9. i will be at the 95% level for this set once they add the cert for the jackson. only missing ford and reeves of the currently available PSA slabbed auto'd cards.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    Congrats Jay, that is fantastic!
  • JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hello All,
    Well, things ALMOST could not have went any better today than they did. Bobby was scheduled to sign for the public from 1:00 - 3:00. Normally Jane likes her guest to start about 1/2 hour early to get the mail order out of the way first. I got to the show about 11:30. Around Noon I went to the restaurant area and saw Bobby and his wife sitting in there. I went up to them, and told Bobby ' You probably don't remember my name, but I am sure that you remember me" We then talked for a few minutes. Bobby was the first person I drove for Jane, back in April 2007. Before he started the mail order, I saw your cards on the table Greg. I told Jane to be sure to let the sharpie dry before re-packaging. I told her that you have a very extensive collection, and I remembered what you said happened to you at a TriStar? show, about how the autographs "bubbled" from being packaged before the sharpie had dryed. She promised me she would take care of them for you. A LOT of people there today. Still a few people in line at 3:00, plus Jane gets a LOT of stuff signed for herself, that she sells on her website. She paid him extra to stay an extra 1/2 hour. Got out of the hotel around 3:30 , there plane is at 6:30, and Bobby's wife said she wanted to be at the airport by 5:30. So we leave the hotel, and it's off to Damon's ( a very good B-B-Q restaurant ) where they very graciously bought me lunch. After a nice lunch, and some good stories, got out of the Damon's at 4:40, and got to my house at 4:50. Only had 20 minutes at my house to show him my "shrine' to the Browns and to the hall of Fame. Went to the bank on Saturday, and got out my Johnny "Blood" McNally 3 x 5 card, my Guy Chamberlin 3 x 5 card with 3 inscriptions, my Jim Thorpe signed business card, and my Len Ford 1956 Browns contract. Bobby and his wife Gwen really seemed to enjoy looking at my stuff. Before leaving, I asked him to sign and date the wall below where Dan Hampton signed in Feb. No Problem. What a thrill. Having a Cleveland Browns Hall of Famer in MY HOUSE. If even for only 20 minutes. Had to be out of my house by 5:10, so I could have them at Canton-Akron airport by 5:30. Only SMALL complaint would be we would have had close to an hour if we left the show at normal time...... but, it was a GREAT turnout for Jane, so I am very happy for her. What a BLAST. I can't believe today happened. >>

YOU TOOK HIM TO DAMON'S AND NOT "OLD CAROLINA BBQ"----HOW COULD YOU? YOU COULD HAVE GOT HIM ADDICTED TO OLD CAROLINA AND HE"D BE YOUR PAL FOR LIFE!

• << <i>Question about this month's autograph special - in terms of resale, does it help enough to get GLA cards slabbed for such players as Baugh, Jurgensen, Alworth, Hirsch, Fears, etc.... Obviously, it helps in terms of authenticity, but will they bring better prices to justify the costs? >>

Hello,
    I guess that I am assuming that you want a few different opinions from different posters. If I may, I will start with your 2nd sentence. "Obviously, it helps in terms of authenticity, but will they bring better prices to justify the costs? "
    To begin with, I 100% DISAGREE with the first part that it helps with authenticity. If you have read this thread for more than about 1-1/2 years, you know that I previously owned Dan Fortmann Proof card # 1/50, of which only the first 33 were signed. I got a FULL LOA from JSA, but would it have been MORE authentic if I had it slabbed? I don't think so. I just last month had a Gene Hickerson signed GLA card signed "GENE" only authenticated by PSA. I got a FULL LOA but did NOT have it slabbed. Would it be MORE authentic if I had. Again, I don't think so.
    "Will it bring better prices to justify the costs." Not in my opinion. I like getting my index cards, GPC's, and cancelled checks slabbed, but , personally, I do NOT like Goal Line Art cards to be slabbed. A Full LOA has the card # ( example: 3 / 50 ( PROOF ) , 16/100 ( GOLD ) , or 1533/5000 ( common ) on the LOA. Personally, I just put all my GLA cards into 4 x 6 hard plastic top-loads.
    Rocke
    Rocke,

Thank for sharing your story about your time with Bobby Mitchell. It's funny that you mention Damon's because my friend (a fellow Dolphins fan) and I would spend practically every Sunday at Damon's in Normal, IL during college (we both went to IL State Univ) to watch the Dolphins break our hearts. That was back before the days of the NFL ticket (the dark days as I refer to them as) when I could only watch the Dolphins play if they were on National TV or at a sports bar.

I received my cards back from Jane today and they look great. She included a note that Dan Dierdorf cancelled for next month...which is very disapointing. For some reason, he has been very elusive and I still need a rc and GLA signed by him.

One day I really hope to visit your shrine..... If you're ever in Wichita, you're welcome to browse through my binders and boxes of auto'd cards. Jay has been to my house (and I've been to his) and he can attest that I have a lot of cr*p.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    Please let me know if you are interested in the following signed index cards from the Huggins & Scott auction:

Alonzo Stagg
    Dan Fortmann
    Ernie Nevers
    Bronko Nagurski
    George Halas

The other items in the lot have been spoken for.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:

<< <i>Rocke,

Thank for sharing your story about your time with Bobby Mitchell. It's funny that you mention Damon's because my friend (a fellow Dolphins fan) and I would spend practically every Sunday at Damon's in Normal, IL during college (we both went to IL State Univ) to watch the Dolphins break our hearts. That was back before the days of the NFL ticket (the dark days as I refer to them as) when I could only watch the Dolphins play if they were on National TV or at a sports bar.

I received my cards back from Jane today and they look great. She included a note that Dan Dierdorf cancelled for next month...which is very disapointing. For some reason, he has been very elusive and I still need a rc and GLA signed by him.

One day I really hope to visit your shrine..... If you're ever in Wichita, you're welcome to browse through my binders and boxes of auto'd cards. Jay has been to my house (and I've been to his) and he can attest that I have a lot of cr*p.

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

well greg can also attest that I have alot of cr*p too.

jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    Greg,

I just read the following on the Set Leader Board page for the HOF Auto set.

"Notes: Any autograph card for the player is eligible. Autograph sets allow cards which may not have an image of the player, but have his signature. Because PSA does not identify these cards with their own spec number, cards of this nature will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Once a specific card is used in a slot for player #1, it cannot be used in another slot for player #2. In addition, cards of this nature must be loaded with an image to confirm that the signature is that of the player for that player’s slot. If you are planning to purchase an autographed card which does not have an image of the player on the card, check with set registry customer service first to make sure the card is not already assigned to a different player. "

This makes it sound that if you have the 93 CE Packers team card singed by Wolf and I have the same one signed by Harlan only one of these could be added for this set. So if both get elected, Wolf before Harlan and you add your Wolf, then I wouldnt be able to add my Harlan at a later date as its already signed by Wolf in there eyes and is his card and no one elses.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    When I first started my collection of Michigan football autographs over 15 years ago, there was one item I put on the top of my wantlist - a signed copy of Fielding Yost's "Football for Player and Spectator". I obtained some great Michigan pieces throughout the years, but this one gem always seemed to elude me. Finally this past weekend I acquired a copy and boy..it's a beauty! Here is a scan of the signed frontis photo.

Hey CF...NICE find congratulations!
  • Congratulations Mark,
    Being from Ohio, and being a big Ohio State fan, well.......you know. But i am sure that you getting that Fielding Yost would be like me getting a Chic Harley. And I know how I would feel about that. I truly am happy for you.
    2nd.... Not a great autograph, but did anyone here steal that 2002 Legendary cut Vince Lombardi?
    Just wondering.
    Going to J.Paul show in PittsPuke tommorrow.
    Rocke
    Thanks for the compliments guys....on a more somber note, RIP Stan Jones. Never met Jones in person, but several collectors have told me he was a class act and friendly signer. He'll be missed.
  • tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    Mark,

That is a great autograph of Yost. You find some amazing items. We all seem to have our own secret sources we tap into every so often to find some great items!

Good Job!

Jim

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
  • tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    Anyone know where I can find a Les Bingaman autograph? There was one on ebay last year I missed, it went for $1!!!! arggg

Jim

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
    Jim,

Thanks...I acquired it from abebooks for $200. Abebooks is my number one source for early football autographs. Most of these early football pioneers wrote books, so signed copies are bound to exist. Camp, Haughton, Yost, Hall, Knipe, Grange, Layden, Halas, Steve Owen and Bryant are just a handful of the signed books I've obtained from abebooks over the years....for a fraction of the cost they typically sell for on ebay ($12 for Steve Owen!). It seems that lately ebay has become more like amazon (with insane BINs from established dealers) and less of a true auction house.

John Burk with Collectible Classics is another great source of vintage football autographs. He acquired the John Smith collection from Lew Lipset several years ago. Most of the premier pieces from this collection are long gone (Pollard and Chamberlin currently on H&S are from this collection), but there are a few diamonds left to find. He doesn't fill wantlists, so you must go to his home and look through the massive collection in person.
    He probably has Bingaman, since he played for Detroit and John Smith was a michigan-based collector.

Mark