Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Official NFL HOF autograph set thread???

Comments

• JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    That ain't no gun in my hand, that's an Old Carolina BBQ sandwich. Can you email me an updated list of x-ed out GLA Gold sets?Thanks!

<< <i>Hey Joe......Where you goin' with that gun in your hand? ..... Love that song !!!!
    Anyway, I already had those #'s all crossed off. I am still at 48 sets x'd out.
    Rocke >>

• << <i>That ain't no gun in my hand, that's an Old Carolina BBQ sandwich. Can you email me an updated list of x-ed out GLA Gold sets?Thanks!

<< <i>Hey Joe......Where you goin' with that gun in your hand? ..... Love that song !!!!
    Anyway, I already had those #'s all crossed off. I am still at 48 sets x'd out.
    Rocke >>

>>

Joe,
    I have personally seen AT LEAST one card of the following Goal Line Art Gold sets for sale, meaning these sets have been broken up. Here goes:
    14,17,19,26,28,29,31,35,37,38,41,43,46,47,51,53,55,56,58,59,60,61,62,63,64,67,68,69,70,71,73,76,78,79,80,81,82,83,85,88,89,90,92,94,96,97,98,99.
    I had asked Michelle at The hall a while ago which set the Hall kept for their archives, but she wasn't sure, but I still want to know, so, I will ask again, next time I see her.
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>now that I know there are a bunch of fellow packer fans/collectors that follow this thread i will have to post my list as well. need to update my list first.

as for HOF autos (i am look for signed cards) here is what i need.

The hard but out there auto's:
    Len Ford
    Dan Reeves
    Turk Edwards
    Jim Thorpe

The nearly impossibles:
    George Preston Marshall
    Tim Mara

The Impossibles:
    Charles Bidwell
    Joe Carr
    Guy Chamberlin
    Joe Guyon
    Wilbur Henry
    Bill Hewitt
    Walt Kiesling
    Fritz Pollard
    Hugh Ray

I will post my top Packers list tomorrow. >>

Jay,

I think that Walt Kiesling would be possible on a 1956 Topps Steelers team card and Paddy Driscoll (although not on your list) would be possible on a 1958 Topps Bears team card.

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

Greg,

You are correct here is an updated list of mine needs. I have moved the Kiesling to nearly impossible on a card.

The hard but out there auto's:
    Len Ford
    Dan Reeves

The nearly impossibles:
    Walt Kiesling
    George Preston Marshall
    Tim Mara

The Impossibles:
    Charles Bidwell
    Joe Carr
    Guy Chamberlin
    Joe Guyon
    Wilbur Henry
    Bill Hewitt
    Fritz Pollard
    Hugh Ray

All that we can hope more are more cut autos to come out.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
    well i have the turk in hands. here are some scans.

he will be off to sunny CA soon.

i should have some others in transit back to me shortly as well. i will post those scans when they arrive.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • That is one SUPER nice autograph.
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Very nice Jay! Congrats!
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!

<< <i>That is one SUPER nice autograph.
    Rocke >>

i only wished that psa would grade both the auto and the card. they can do it for a ball but cant for a card. which escapes my logic. but then again i am not a rocket scientist. just a virologist/immunologist.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • CatmanCatman Posts: 267 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>That is one SUPER nice autograph.
    Rocke >>

i only wished that psa would grade both the auto and the card. they can do it for a ball but cant for a card. which escapes my logic. but then again i am not a rocket scientist. just a virologist/immunologist. >>

Nice card J....that's funny what you said abot PSA, I wish the opposite for BGS...they won't just grade the card they grade both the card and the autograph.
    I was just on the Pro Football HOF website and they are selling the 2008 & 2009 Class Gold sets for $300ea.
  • BigRed7BigRed7 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here are some of the better autographs I've obtained this year. Hopefully a Duke Slater, Chic Harley or Charles D. Daly sig will be added to this list within the next year. - Mark
    >>

Mark, I've seen your website, what a great place. Do you have anything with Iowa Hawkeye Calvin Jones. I have a Western Union telegram from Judge Duke Slater, offering condolences to Calvin's mother upon his tragic death.
  • revmoranrevmoran Posts: 398 ✭✭
    Could you post a link to Mark's website - thanks
  • cfhofercfhofer Posts: 258 ✭✭
    Thanks for the kind words....I actually put that site together so I could view some of my collectibles away from home. I have a bunch of other michigan and early Ivy League pieces I need to post. The website is http://vintageuofm.tripod.com

I don't have a Calvin Jones autograph....but I may be able to track one down for you. I may have an extra Gordon Locke or Eddie Anderson laying around somewhere. Sounds like a great piece from Slater.

Mark
  • tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    Mark does have a great site! I wish more of us would put one together so we can check out some of the tougher autographs we have acquired.

Here is the link to Marks web site.

Mark's Vintage UofM Web Site

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
  • tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    I forgot to add: Where else are you going to see a Knowlton Ames or John Heisman or such a nice Heffelfinger or ............ you get my point. Great stuff!

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
    It is a great website and I enjoy the focus on the University of Michigan. I kind of backed into a Michigan interest through both Benny Friedman and Harry Newman. Through Newman I took an interest in Gerry Ford's football career and the highlight was three nice letters and the item below.

Appreciate the compliments....but my website doesn't hold a candle to Jim's or Mel's. I don't know how Jim has the time to make such an amazing site (for free too). I really enjoy visiting Mike's website too.

Any other great websites out there??

Mark
    Well I have some big news. I have been hinting for some that I had some other things in the hopper.

For awhile I had been looking for Thorpe's on Ebay. I had found one that I really liked. It started with a BIN of over $4000. The seller started dropping it a few days in and it closed at after seven days at $3500 with out a hit. He relisted it again and started dropping it. Someone bite just before I did when he had dropped it to $3200. I really should have snapped it up earlier in the day when I saw him drop the price again. I had figured out when (time of day) he would change the price and sure enough he did. I was getting greedy and was going to wait for him to drop it again but i lost out.

Then two days later anothe popped up on Ebay. This time a different seller had a BIN of ~$7000 to start but also would take offers. He started to drop it and I emailed him asking if he knew what the last few Thorpes went for and if he would be willing to go for something around that price. He said he did know what they were selling for, so I made him an offer a few days later when he said he had some offers on the table.

Once I got it I sent it off to PSA. It popped on Wednesday night and it was in my PO Box this AM.

Here it is

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    I think that's a big WOW card - congratulations!
  • Anyone here know what the best TTM address for Joe Perry is? Thanks in advance
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone here know what the best TTM address for Joe Perry is? Thanks in advance >>

Here you go:

1644 E. Chicago St Chandler AZ 85225

He requests $10/item to sign flats and $20/item for all else.

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
    Nice pickups Jay - congrats.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    This should be a good address 1644 E. Chicago St Chandler AZ 85225, according to www.sportscollectors.net. February people were still getting good results, he does require a $10 donation for cards. Sportscollectors.net is a great webaite for information as far as TTM results.
    Ooops Sorry Greg, I didn't see that you already answered.
  • Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate it image

Matthew

<< <i>Nice pickups Jay - congrats.

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

Greg,

Thanks, was able to add my Owens as well. The Turk should be there today or tomorrow at the latest. Then I should be able to add that in a few weeks as well.

I am pretty much at the point where not much will happen until the next class is announced or there are new cuts out there. I may upgrade a few others here and there but otherwise my spending is pretty much done for this set for awhile.

All that I have left is for my Jackson to pass PSA/DNA.

Jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's

• << <i>Hello all,
    I've got got an AWESOME day lined up for Sunday. At about 9:45 AM at the Akron / Canton airport I am picking up Dan Hampton. I will then take him out somewhere for breakfast. I am supposed to have him at the local monthly autograph show at 12:30 PM. He will be done signing at 3:00PM. Now if that isn't enough for me to look forward to, the best is still to come. After we leave the autograph show at 3:00, his plane doesn't take off to leave until a few minutes until 7:00PM. I have already had Michael Dean Perry and Bernie Kosar over to my house, but I am TOTALLY JACKED UP about having a Hall of Famer over to my house to see some of my stuff. I am going to have him sign one of the walls in my Rec-room. Then it will be off to dinner with him and then to the airport. GOD, THANK YOU for Blessing me. I don't know how I've been so lucky!!!!!!!!!!!
    Rocke >>

Hello,
    Just realized that I never followed up with this. Picked Dan up at CAK airport at 9:45 Sunday AM. Took him to a "local favorite" restaurant for breakfast. Talked about the usual stuff, his career, The Bears, the '85 team, George Halas, The Hall of Fame, my autograph collection, etc.... Got him to the autograph show around 12:15. Signing done at 3:00 pm. Picked up some Damon's ( B-B-Q rest. ) to go. Back to my house, where he and I sat in my rec. room and watched TV ( Golf, NCAA basketball, and the Gold medal hockey game ) for two hours. WHAT A BLAST !!!!!! Had him sign an autograph right on the wall in my rec. room. Took two pictures of him signing the wall. Just wish that I would have had Michael Dean Perry, Gary Thomas, and Bernie Kosar sign the wall as well !!! I am going to get to do some driving for Bobby Mitchell in May and Dan Dierdorf in June. Bobby was the first player I got to drive ( THREE YEARS ago !!!!) Had a BLAST with him, looking VERY forward to spending time with him again.
    Still haven't figured out how I've gotten this lucky ......
    Rocke
  • HuggyfaceHuggyface Posts: 304 ✭✭
    Rocke,
    Great story, thanks for sharing. Last summer I had a chance to have breakfast with Chuck Bednarik, it made my vacation.

Tim
  • Great story Rocke.
    Congrats!image
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • hello all,
    Pretty good show in Cleveland this weekend. You know it must be decent if BOTH PSA/DNA and JSA ae there. Took a few items up to get authenticated. Some I am getting slabbed ( Tony Gallovich 3 x 5 that I bought from Jim, Buford "baby" Ray GPC from 1946, Bill George unlined PERFECT 3 x 5 card I got from Ron Gordon, and an autograph that I bought from Mark ( CFHOF ) one of what I consider the "prizes" of my collection, an autograph album page dated March 17th, 1938 that is signed "ALEXANDER WOJCIECHOWICZ". I know I have NEVER seen another autograph signed ALEXANDER. Also turned in a couple of items that I wanted to just get authenticated. One of them was the Goal Line Art card of Gene Hickerson signed just "GENE" that I won on Ebay a few weeks ago for $202.50. Passed with flying colors. Definetly got a good price on that one!!!!
    Rocke
  • JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    How come you didn't take Dan to OLD CAROLINA BBQ????

Hello all,
    I've got got an AWESOME day lined up for Sunday. At about 9:45 AM at the Akron / Canton airport I am picking up Dan Hampton. I will then take him out somewhere for breakfast. I am supposed to have him at the local monthly autograph show at 12:30 PM. He will be done signing at 3:00PM. Now if that isn't enough for me to look forward to, the best is still to come. After we leave the autograph show at 3:00, his plane doesn't take off to leave until a few minutes until 7:00PM. I have already had Michael Dean Perry and Bernie Kosar over to my house, but I am TOTALLY JACKED UP about having a Hall of Famer over to my house to see some of my stuff. I am going to have him sign one of the walls in my Rec-room. Then it will be off to dinner with him and then to the airport. GOD, THANK YOU for Blessing me. I don't know how I've been so lucky!!!!!!!!!!!
    Rocke >>

Hello,
    Just realized that I never followed up with this. Picked Dan up at CAK airport at 9:45 Sunday AM. Took him to a "local favorite" restaurant for breakfast. Talked about the usual stuff, his career, The Bears, the '85 team, George Halas, The Hall of Fame, my autograph collection, etc.... Got him to the autograph show around 12:15. Signing done at 3:00 pm. Picked up some Damon's ( B-B-Q rest. ) to go. Back to my house, where he and I sat in my rec. room and watched TV ( Golf, NCAA basketball, and the Gold medal hockey game ) for two hours. WHAT A BLAST !!!!!! Had him sign an autograph right on the wall in my rec. room. Took two pictures of him signing the wall. Just wish that I would have had Michael Dean Perry, Gary Thomas, and Bernie Kosar sign the wall as well !!! I am going to get to do some driving for Bobby Mitchell in May and Dan Dierdorf in June. Bobby was the first player I got to drive ( THREE YEARS ago !!!!) Had a BLAST with him, looking VERY forward to spending time with him again.
    Rocke >>

• << <i>How come you didn't take Dan to OLD CAROLINA BBQ????

Hello all,
    Rocke >>

Hello,
    Rocke >>

>>

To tell the truth......Never thought of it !!!! He asked where a GOOD B-B-Q was, I told him that I had taken Bobby Mitchell to Damon's and that he really liked it there. Joe, you should look into buying a franchise of Old Carolina in Maryland....... or at least getting a job in their publicity/marketing dept. !!!!

<< <i>hello all,
    Pretty good show in Cleveland this weekend. You know it must be decent if BOTH PSA/DNA and JSA ae there. Took a few items up to get authenticated. Some I am getting slabbed ( Tony Gallovich 3 x 5 that I bought from Jim, Buford "baby" Ray GPC from 1946, Bill George unlined PERFECT 3 x 5 card I got from Ron Gordon, and an autograph that I bought from Mark ( CFHOF ) one of what I consider the "prizes" of my collection, an autograph album page dated March 17th, 1938 that is signed "ALEXANDER WOJCIECHOWICZ". I know I have NEVER seen another autograph signed ALEXANDER. Also turned in a couple of items that I wanted to just get authenticated. One of them was the Goal Line Art card of Gene Hickerson signed just "GENE" that I won on Ebay a few weeks ago for $202.50. Passed with flying colors. Definetly got a good price on that one!!!!
    Rocke >>

Nice items Rocke, I was up at the show as well on Saturday for I had about 100 cards that I wanted slabbed by Beckett....probably no one else would even get them slabbed, but I took the 24 non signed cards from the 75 Fleer set up and about 75 of my non signed HOF Metallic cards to be graded and slabbed. Don't know if you've seen the Metallic cards or not, actually they aren't that good looking just totally different. They are a gray aluminum with player stats and a picture of their bust all in black. I have probably 150 of them signed.

I'm hoping to give you a call this week to check out your items.
  • bdbopbdbop Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Here's a photo of my most recent pickup:

Bart
    Nice pickup Bart...that is my favorite shot of Thorpe too. Congrats!
  • HuggyfaceHuggyface Posts: 304 ✭✭
    Awesome, Thorpe signed photo.
  • Hey Bart,
    SUPER nice item. Gotta ask, where did you pick that up from?
    Rocke
    Great story Rocke....you're job driving HOFers to and from the show is right up there with being the lotion boy at a Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition shoot.... Unreal.

In case anyone is interested, I heard about Chuck Bednarik's new book and that he would mail you a signed copy for a $25 to $30. Two weeks ago I mailed him a self addressed stamped priority mailer and $40 cash and he mailed me back a hard copy of the book that he personalized and inscribed. I've ready only 2 sections, however it's very intersesting. One of the sections that I read was how during WW2, Chuck was a waist gunner on a B-24 Liberator and how his plane crashed landed twice. Considering buying a copy if you haven't already.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:

<< <i>Great story Rocke....you're job driving HOFers to and from the show is right up there with being the lotion boy at a Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition shoot.... Unreal.

In case anyone is interested, I heard about Chuck Bednarik's new book and that he would mail you a signed copy for a $25 to $30. Two weeks ago I mailed him a self addressed stamped priority mailer and $40 cash and he mailed me back a hard copy of the book that he personalized and inscribed. I've ready only 2 sections, however it's very intersesting. One of the sections that I read was how during WW2, Chuck was a waist gunner on a B-24 Liberator and how his plane crashed landed twice. Considering buying a copy if you haven't already.

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

ummm....i think i will take being lotion boy over driving any HOF anywhere.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    Nice Bart, great picture.
  • Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Great picture Bart! I really like that!
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • bdbopbdbop Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Rocke-

This is the photo that was on e-bay about a month ago and that I posted about. I tried to help the people get better money than I thought they would on e-bay. A few days ago, I contacted them to see what became of the photo and they said they were considering an offer that I felt was much too low for what the photo was worth and told them what I would offer (but again told them that they could probably make more through an auction house, but then also explained that process.) Well, they appreciated my advice and said that they would sell it to me for what I told them (I actually could have had it for less, but wanted to be fair to them). I have a similar photo that I got for a good deal more a few years ago from a dealer that specialized in entertainment signatures.

Bart
    Nice Thorpe Bart.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's

• << <i>

<< <i>Great story Rocke....you're job driving HOFers to and from the show is right up there with being the lotion boy at a Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition shoot.... Unreal.

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

ummm....i think i will take being lotion boy over driving any HOF anywhere. >>

Greg,
    I'll tell Jane that you are going to be the new driver for her shows the SECOND that you get me that lotion boy gig !!!!! LOL
    Rocke
    Does anyone have any Rickey Jackson auto'd cards out there looking to sell?
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's

<< <i>Does anyone have any Rickey Jackson auto'd cards out there looking to sell? >>

Jay,

I have a rc signed, but its not for sale image I'm going to wait to have it graded until Mike Navarro's submission, so I won't have it graded until after the May 31st deadline. I think that Rickey Jackson has started signing TTM. Send him a card or two and a donation and you may get lucky.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    Grades just popped on the following two auto'd cards yesterday. The Tom Brady is from the 2002 Topps Heritage set and is the 1957 Topps design (which is my favorite set) and is signed on card. The 1966 Philly Rams team card is signed by George Allen and is the nicest Allen signature that I've seen. With the addition of Brady, I have now completed my All Time QB autograph set.

Cert Number Spec No. Description Grade Status
    16744396 5799020010 2002 TOPPS HERITAGE REAL ONE AUTOGRAPHS HR-TB TOM BRADY REAL ONE AUTOGRAPHS 9 Cert Printed View Item
    16744397 0205000027 1966 PHILADELPHIA 92 LOS ANGELES RAMS PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 3 Cert Printed View Item

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:

<< <i>

<< <i>Does anyone have any Rickey Jackson auto'd cards out there looking to sell? >>

Jay,

I have a rc signed, but its not for sale image I'm going to wait to have it graded until Mike Navarro's submission, so I won't have it graded until after the May 31st deadline. I think that Rickey Jackson has started signing TTM. Send him a card or two and a donation and you may get lucky.

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

Greg,

After doing a google search last night that is my plan as well. It seems as though he has his own charity type thing that I could cut a check too. I will give it a shot. I have plenty of Pro-Sets that I could send him and if nothing comes of it oh well.

Well looks like my hope for hitting 95% by the deadline is slim now. The Jackson was going to be the final one to get me to just 95%. Looks like our set will be on the outside looking in this year for awards.

Jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's

<< <i>Grades just popped on the following two auto'd cards yesterday. The Tom Brady is from the 2002 Topps Heritage set and is the 1957 Topps design (which is my favorite set) and is signed on card. The 1966 Philly Rams team card is signed by George Allen and is the nicest Allen signature that I've seen. With the addition of Brady, I have now completed my All Time QB autograph set.

Cert Number Spec No. Description Grade Status
    16744396 5799020010 2002 TOPPS HERITAGE REAL ONE AUTOGRAPHS HR-TB TOM BRADY REAL ONE AUTOGRAPHS 9 Cert Printed View Item
    16744397 0205000027 1966 PHILADELPHIA 92 LOS ANGELES RAMS PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 3 Cert Printed View Item

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

What card is your Reeves? I thought PSA had some limit as to the number of team cards with Sigs that they would allow in a set, or at least i thought i read that somewhere.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    Jay,

What Cosetta said is that they can only allow one signed example of a particular team card. For instance, I have two 1987 Topps Packers team card; one signed by Bob Harlan and the other signed by Ron Wolf. I could only designate one of the auto'd cards for the 1987 Topps Packers team card slot.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    Sorry - I didn't fully answer your question. My Reeves is a 1967 Philly Rams team card.

Greg M.

References: