Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Official NFL HOF autograph set thread???

Comments

• I don't know what format you're looking for on Layden, but there is a signed copy of his book for sale for $200 at abe books
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    well i have passed greg for the time being!! until he adds his new inductee's as well.

i have a wilson and little that they still need to approve. i guess i will have to send some scans as i have requested the wilson about 5 times over the last 4-5 months and they wont let me add it yet. i have a new card that is off to PSA that will fill in a void as well. and some hopeful upgrades as well. it will be fun to see how the dust settles at the end. too bad neither of us will get to the 95% cut off for the set awards this year.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Great stuff! I haven't commented on this set, because all of my stuff is not graded (as far as for a score), so I am not a player. But I am curious as to why people like Joe Carr are considered to be part of the set when I don't believe there is any card of Joe Carr issued anywhere (not in his lifetime). I also wonder about the weighting system. Certainly, a card signed by Tuffy Leemans who died 30+ years ago should carry a much higher weight than say, Andre Tippett. Just curious. Maybe you guys designed the set that way.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Jay,

Nice additions. I currently have 6 of the 7 graded (exception of Rickey Jackson) and had a rc of his signed last weekend at the San Jose show. In addition, I have a George Allen in a blue flip that I need to transition to a red flip (which is retarded IMHO). We'll be neck and neck, however there is no way either of us will hit 95% unless you have a few up your sleeves image I have $ to spend but nothing to buy.

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg

<< <i>Great stuff! I haven't commented on this set, because all of my stuff is not graded (as far as for a score), so I am not a player. But I am curious as to why people like Joe Carr are considered to be part of the set when I don't believe there is any card of Joe Carr issued anywhere (not in his lifetime). I also wonder about the weighting system. Certainly, a card signed by Tuffy Leemans who died 30+ years ago should carry a much higher weight than say, Andre Tippett. Just curious. Maybe you guys designed the set that way. >>

Great questions. I put together a spreadhsheet to weight the set back a couple of years ago, however the general consensus was the set shouldn't be weighted. I didn't agree, but the majority ruled. As for your other question, I personally dislike having HOFers in the set composite that are currently impossible to obtain an autographed card of (e.g. Joe Carr, Walt Kiesling, George Preston Marshall). Personally, I would like to see the HOFers removed who are impossible and add them once autographed cards are discovered or new cut cards are created by the card companies. In the past couple of years, 3 HOFers (Bert Bell, George Trafton, Paddy Driscoll) that were previously imossible for this set had cut autograph cards released by Upper Deck and/or Playoff. Hopefully one day, every HOFer will be possible for this set....but until then, I would like to see those HOFers removed.

JMHO

Rgs,

References:
    Jay,

Your reign as the #1 set is officially over image

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:

<< <i>

<< <i>Great stuff! I haven't commented on this set, because all of my stuff is not graded (as far as for a score), so I am not a player. But I am curious as to why people like Joe Carr are considered to be part of the set when I don't believe there is any card of Joe Carr issued anywhere (not in his lifetime). I also wonder about the weighting system. Certainly, a card signed by Tuffy Leemans who died 30+ years ago should carry a much higher weight than say, Andre Tippett. Just curious. Maybe you guys designed the set that way. >>

Great questions. I put together a spreadhsheet to weight the set back a couple of years ago, however the general consensus was the set shouldn't be weighted. I didn't agree, but the majority ruled. As for your other question, I personally dislike having HOFers in the set composite that are currently impossible to obtain an autographed card of (e.g. Joe Carr, Walt Kiesling, George Preston Marshall). Personally, I would like to see the HOFers removed who are impossible and add them once autographed cards are discovered or new cut cards are created by the card companies. In the past couple of years, 3 HOFers (Bert Bell, George Trafton, Paddy Driscoll) that were previously imossible for this set had cut autograph cards released by Upper Deck and/or Playoff. Hopefully one day, every HOFer will be possible for this set....but until then, I would like to see those HOFers removed.

JMHO

Rgs, >>

greg,

i was working on an end of the year letter to joe with a proposal for these cards to be not required until they become available. maybe we should draft something together to send to him soon.

jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's

<< <i>Jay,

Your reign as the #1 set is officially over image

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

i figured it wouldnt last long.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's

<< <i>

<< <i>

JMHO

Rgs, >>

greg,

i was working on an end of the year letter to joe with a proposal for these cards to be not required until they become available. maybe we should draft something together to send to him soon.

jay >>

Jay,

That sounds great. Can I see the letter that you've drafted?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    greg,

i will finish it off and email it to you over the weekend. maybe once we hash it out we might be able to get others in the set to go along.

jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    I'm all in for removing the impossible HOFers.
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!

• << <i>Rev,

The lack of a full signature would downgrade the value in my opinion also. It's the way I feel about all of the "GPM" stuff for George Preston Marshall....I just wouldn't buy it because I want a full signature (maybe I am just a painimage. That said, it still is an amazing find and very cool. Thanks again to Ed for posting some of his collection.

Ken

P.S. I am working on Pottsville sigs also and just picked up Herb Stein and Dick Rauch. If I come across any you need, I will definitely let you know. >>

Ken, I feel EXACTLY the same way about wanting the full name...... For the most part !!!! I Love my Kiesling letter, along with my Len Ford 1956 contract, it is my favorite single item I own. However, even though it is only signed Walt, if Ed ever puts it in an auction, I WILL bid over $1,000.00, if for no other reason than the CONTENT of the LETTER. But, if say a 3 x 5 card, just signed "Walt", came up, I wouldn't bid to much, because FULL AUTOGRAPHS CAN be found. Same as GP Marshall. Full autographs can be found, so I wouldn't have any interest in the "GPM" signed items that have been for sale. NOW....... having said all of that, I DID , just this past week, buy my first ever Pro Football Hall of Fame signed item , that is signed with a first name ONLY. Last week, a fairly big autograph dealer in NorthEast Ohio ( Stow ), hometown of Hall of Famer Larry Csonka, by the way, put a bunch of his signed Goal Line Art cards for sale. One of them was a Gene Hickerson, signed "GENE", and , as bad as I have wanted to buy one, I haven't had any interest it what the opening bids seem to always be , $1,000.00 and up usually. Well, I got a bit lucky, and was able to pick one up for the VERY reasonable price of $202.50 I wanted one of these for two reasons. 1) I want to have one of every possible signed Goal Line cards, and 2) That I know of, "Gene Hickerson" signed card has passed authentication, only the "GENE" signed cards. I am THRILLED to have one at the price I paid for it. I will be taking it down to Chantilly,Va. next month to have Mr. Spence take a look at it, but I feel VERY confident that it will pass.
    Will I be seeing any other posters at Chantilly? ( Scott, Bill & Zack, Ken ..... anyone ? )
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • Rocke,

I will absolutely be there. When it gets closer, let's plan to meet up. Nice pickup on the Hickerson GLA....I remember those being in the case at the Chantilly show last year and a dealer asking $400 each.

Ken
  • I'll tell you what, I know I didn't see them. The only ones I saw , Phil Marks had two of them, and he was asking$1,200.00 a piece. Had I seen one for 400.00, I would have bought it on the spot.
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.

• << <i>I don't know what format you're looking for on Layden, but there is a signed copy of his book for sale for $200 at abe books >>

Thanks Mike,

The thing is, what I want to do is a picture or two of The Four Horsemen, Plus a page of fancy, scripted writing of the Grantland Rice quote, and then autographs of all 5 of them. Then have it framed and matted in Notre Dame colors. So far, I only have 2 of the 5 sigs I need. A PERFECT 3 x 5 card of Rice, and a beautiful 1934 Villanova letterhead TLS signed by Harry Stuhldreher. I really kind of need something flat so it can be more easily framed/ matted. And I also want sigs that would grade AT LEAST 8.5 or 9.
    Wish I could afford to buy a signed photo, but this should be a LOT less expensive, and more fun to put together.
    Rocke
  • cfhofercfhofer Posts: 258 ✭✭
    Rocke,

I put something similar together (regarding the four horsemen), but instead of Rice my fifth sig was Rockne. I purchased a signed Layden book from abebooks ($75) and removed the flyleaf. There are two very nice Layden and Stuhldehrer sigs currently on RRauction. John Burk has several nice Jim Crowley autographs and should give you a good price. Obtaining a Miller is usually the rate limiting step for most four horsemen collections. I've seen Miller sell from $400 to over $1200!

Mark
  • The only single signed Miller I have is an inscription in the Four Horsemen book put out by Hinckley and Schmitt - I have him glued to a Four Horsemen page from an old album, and on the 1963 HOF program along with other presenters - he presented to Nagurski.
    imageimage
  • Hi All,

I was wondering what an autograph of Dr. Harry March is worth? I have two letters that he signed that came from the Bert Bell estate. They were both addressed to Lud Wray, who was the head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles under Bell. The first letter is dated January 13, 1934 and is on the doctors personal stationary. It talks about Dr. March wanting to write a book about the pro football game. I know the book ended up being called Pro Football Its "Ups" and "Downs. The second letter is dated October 5, 1934 and is on Pro Football "Ups" and "Downs" letterhead. The letter talks about Steve Owen having to let "knuckles" Boyle go. He also talks about success of the book. The first one is signed in fountain pen and the second one in pencil. I know Dr. March passed away in 1940. Any idea on value??

Thanks,
    Ed
  • I bought a March signed letter last year for $250 - it mentioned my father so I made the seller that offer and he accepted - don't know where it might have gone if the auction had continued. It was on NY Giants stationary, which might have attracted some additional bidders. A while back I traded a March signed copy of Ups and Downs as part of a large deal - I originally had purchased the book for about $125 - about a month later I saw it go for about $400 at auction. I find both these letters very interesting and if you decide to sell either, please let me know. Mike

• << <i>Rocke,

I put something similar together (regarding the four horsemen), but instead of Rice my fifth sig was Rockne. I purchased a signed Layden book from abebooks ($75) and removed the flyleaf. There are two very nice Layden and Stuhldehrer sigs currently on RRauction. John Burk has several nice Jim Crowley autographs and should give you a good price. Obtaining a Miller is usually the rate limiting step for most four horsemen collections. I've seen Miller sell from $400 to over $1200!

Mark >>

I thought of doing Rockne, but figured adding Knute would add at least between $900- $1,300.00 to the bill. I paid $350.00 for the Stuhldreher letter, and got a perfect Rice 3 x 5 card for the ridiculously cheap price of 75.00 I am hoping to do the other 3 for no more than $1,000.00 I am one of the bidders on the group of 5 auto's on RRAuction. I don't think I am going to bid any higher. The Layden is OK, but I am really looking for a nicer example than the one in the auction. I would like to hook-up with John Burk , but don't know him, his Email address, phone #, website, or how to get in touch with him. If you want to PM or Email me some info on how to get in touch, it would be GREATLY appreciated. I have to admit, I hadn't thought of removing the signed flyleaf page. I'll have to see if Abebooks can send me a scan of the signature.
    Rocke
  • JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Rev,

The lack of a full signature would downgrade the value in my opinion also. It's the way I feel about all of the "GPM" stuff for George Preston Marshall....I just wouldn't buy it because I want a full signature (maybe I am just a painimage. That said, it still is an amazing find and very cool. Thanks again to Ed for posting some of his collection.

Ken

P.S. I am working on Pottsville sigs also and just picked up Herb Stein and Dick Rauch. If I come across any you need, I will definitely let you know. >>

Ken, I feel EXACTLY the same way about wanting the full name...... For the most part !!!! I Love my Kiesling letter, along with my Len Ford 1956 contract, it is my favorite single item I own. However, even though it is only signed Walt, if Ed ever puts it in an auction, I WILL bid over $1,000.00, if for no other reason than the CONTENT of the LETTER. But, if say a 3 x 5 card, just signed "Walt", came up, I wouldn't bid to much, because FULL AUTOGRAPHS CAN be found. Same as GP Marshall. Full autographs can be found, so I wouldn't have any interest in the "GPM" signed items that have been for sale. NOW....... having said all of that, I DID , just this past week, buy my first ever Pro Football Hall of Fame signed item , that is signed with a first name ONLY. Last week, a fairly big autograph dealer in NorthEast Ohio ( Stow ), hometown of Hall of Famer Larry Csonka, by the way, put a bunch of his signed Goal Line Art cards for sale. One of them was a Gene Hickerson, signed "GENE", and , as bad as I have wanted to buy one, I haven't had any interest it what the opening bids seem to always be , $1,000.00 and up usually. Well, I got a bit lucky, and was able to pick one up for the VERY reasonable price of $202.50 I wanted one of these for two reasons. 1) I want to have one of every possible signed Goal Line cards, and 2) That I know of, "Gene Hickerson" signed card has passed authentication, only the "GENE" signed cards. I am THRILLED to have one at the price I paid for it. I will be taking it down to Chantilly,Va. next month to have Mr. Spence take a look at it, but I feel VERY confident that it will pass.
    Will I be seeing any other posters at Chantilly? ( Scott, Bill & Zack, Ken ..... anyone ? )
    Rocke >>

• JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there.

Ken

Rocke >>

• JOE !!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to hear you can make it this time !!!!!!
  • Rocke

You can contact John Burk through his auction website (classic collectibles) www.auctionscc.com. He isn't the best at responding to emails, I find it best to travel to his home in Phili and go through his collection personally. He acquired the John Smith collection several years ago from Lew Lipset. Over the years it has been slowly picked apart, but there are some great sigs still left.

Mark
  • Hello all,
    I've got got an AWESOME day lined up for Sunday. At about 9:45 AM at the Akron / Canton airport I am picking up Dan Hampton. I will then take him out somewhere for breakfast. I am supposed to have him at the local monthly autograph show at 12:30 PM. He will be done signing at 3:00PM. Now if that isn't enough for me to look forward to, the best is still to come. After we leave the autograph show at 3:00, his plane doesn't take off to leave until a few minutes until 7:00PM. I have already had Michael Dean Perry and Bernie Kosar over to my house, but I am TOTALLY JACKED UP about having a Hall of Famer over to my house to see some of my stuff. I am going to have him sign one of the walls in my Rec-room. Then it will be off to dinner with him and then to the airport. GOD, THANK YOU for Blessing me. I don't know how I've been so lucky!!!!!!!!!!!
    Rocke
  • tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a fun day. When I was a kid, my father and uncle ran a yearly banquet for a local newspaper. I was able to spend some time with Rocky Bleier, Franco Harris and Bob Griese among others. I remember taking Griese to the airport. I was sitting in the back seat and couldn't get over the fact that BOB GRIESE was in the same car. I can still remember him turning around, asking me about school. I was so excited, I really didn't respond. His then said, 'What's the matter kid, cat got your tongue?" I still have pictures with them and the autographs they signed for me. The best part is the clothing and chairs, couch in my uncles house....oh the mid 70's was a great time for fashion!

Jim

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
    could you sing him a little song for me that goes like this...the bears still suck!!! just kidding. though i do have to put up with him on the radio down here. but its great when he has to bash the bears most of the time.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • CatmanCatman Posts: 267 ✭✭
    I'm new to this forum as a matter of fact I didn't know it existed. I live by the Pro Football HOF and have been collecting since the late 70's. My first auto was from Clarke Hinkle and I received it at the hall. Dummy me I had the photo personalized. As a matter of fact back then the HOF used to hand out paper copies of the B&W photies that they had. I have 232 different HOF autographs on a number of items. I've attached a picture of my latest pickup, it is a signed envelope from the Class of 1965 with all of the presenters except one and also Marion Motley from Canton and Tommy James from Massillon where I'm from. I don't know how to attach any images except by using the attach file so forgive me with the image as an attachment. Thank you for letting me join your forum....david
  • wolfedenwolfeden Posts: 77 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm new to this forum as a matter of fact I didn't know it existed. I live by the Pro Football HOF and have been collecting since the late 70's. My first auto was from Clarke Hinkle and I received it at the hall. Dummy me I had the photo personalized. As a matter of fact back then the HOF used to hand out paper copies of the B&W photies that they had. I have 232 different HOF autographs on a number of items. I've attached a picture of my latest pickup, it is a signed envelope from the Class of 1965 with all of the presenters except one and also Marion Motley from Canton and Tommy James from Massillon where I'm from. I don't know how to attach any images except by using the attach file so forgive me with the image as an attachment. Thank you for letting me join your forum....david >>

Hi David,

I just joined this forum a couple of weeks ago myself. I loved the 1965 HOF autographed envelope that you posted. It is great to see items like that from a true collector such as yourself. I hope in the future that you post more of your collection for us to look at and wish we owned it!!

Ed
  • revmoranrevmoran Posts: 398 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm new to this forum as a matter of fact I didn't know it existed. I live by the Pro Football HOF and have been collecting since the late 70's. My first auto was from Clarke Hinkle and I received it at the hall. Dummy me I had the photo personalized. As a matter of fact back then the HOF used to hand out paper copies of the B&W photies that they had. I have 232 different HOF autographs on a number of items. I've attached a picture of my latest pickup, it is a signed envelope from the Class of 1965 with all of the presenters except one and also Marion Motley from Canton and Tommy James from Massillon where I'm from. I don't know how to attach any images except by using the attach file so forgive me with the image as an attachment. Thank you for letting me join your forum....david >>

One great thing about that envelope is the examples of Fortmann and Luckman - thanks for posting the link and welcome. Mike Moran
    Hi All,

I was reading some of the previous posts that you guys had done and came across a topic that I think I know a little bit about. Vince Lombardi autographs. I have been collecting Vince Lombardi autographs for the last 20 years. I tried to stay away from all the checks as that was to easy because before the card companies started to buy all of them, you could buy them in lots of 5 to 10 at a time. I have heard many rumors about the checks including Vince did not sign each one and that his secretary, Ruth McKloskey, signed some. I do not have any proof that she did or did not sign some but all the books and stories that I read about Vince being a Type "A" person.. AKA control freak. I could not see him allowing her to sign anything with his signature. I have never seen a check to this day that I would not buy as a true Lombardi autograph.

The oldest Lombardi autograph I own is a 1940 St. Cecilia High School Yearbook. I am still waiting to see an autograph from his Fordham playing days. Heritage auction house has a 1941 autographed Vince Lombardi St. Cecilia High School Yearbook in their next auction. I sold that to the current consignor. Vince's autograph style changed over the years from 1940 until 1970. His autograph would get more sloppy and hurried as time went on. What frustrates me about the authentication companies is that they certify all of the 1960's signed Green Bay Packers team balls as a authentic signed Lombardi. I would say that there are less than 10% of the footballs signed during the sixties with real Vince Lombardi autographs. I was told by a reliable source that equipment man, Dad Brasier signed for Lombardi. I would love to hear some feedback on this subject. I have included a picture of a Vince Lombardi signed 1961 Green Bay Packers team issued Christmas Card. It was sent to Milwaukee ticket office secretary, Irene Silewski.

Ed

<< <i>Hi All,

I wanted to share my 1963 HOF signed program. I would like to know if anybody else has seen one with all 11 hall of fame members signed on the cover? To bad George Preston Marshall had a stroke before the induction.

Ed

image >>

• tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    Welcome, we have a great little group here. Looking forward to seeing more of your items.

I posted your pic for you...

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
    Awesome piece....I all of the programs & game tickets from 1962 on have about 150+ signatures that I have obtained....nothing as great as your 1963. I have a 1969 cover only signed buy the whole class. I bought it a couple of years ago on eBay for $20...the guy had it listed as HOF Program signed by Joe Perry....I didn't think the Edwards and Neale auto's were good because they were added at a latter time but I figured for $20 I couldn't go wrong....I had it authenicated by JSA and it's legit.
    Thanks for posting my picture, boy am I really screwing up....my other post with the 69 program cover was supposed to be a reply to the 1963 program....lol, I'll learn

• << <i>I'm new to this forum as a matter of fact I didn't know it existed. I live by the Pro Football HOF and have been collecting since the late 70's. My first auto was from Clarke Hinkle and I received it at the hall. Dummy me I had the photo personalized. As a matter of fact back then the HOF used to hand out paper copies of the B&W photies that they had. I have 232 different HOF autographs on a number of items. I've attached a picture of my latest pickup, it is a signed envelope from the Class of 1965 with all of the presenters except one and also Marion Motley from Canton and Tommy James from Massillon where I'm from. I don't know how to attach any images except by using the attach file so forgive me with the image as an attachment. Thank you for letting me join your forum....david >>

Hello David,
    I see you just found this forum. Congratulations, and welcome. I don't know if you have had the tome to go back and read all the posts, but, believe me, before I started posting, I went back to the beginning and read all of them. I still go back and read from 6 or 12 or 24 months ago, every now and then. I still can't get over some of the stuff that all you people have.
    Anyway, if you haven't went back and read them, I live in N. Canton. I don't know who you are, but, we are DEFINITELY going to have to get together sometime soon. Where did you pick up that envelope with the sigs from 1965. If he is a local collector, I may want to help make him a little richer myself !!!!
    Rocke
  • Hello All,
    Well, for the 2nd time in a week, I want to send out a VERY large Thank You to a fellow poster. First it was Bart (BDBOP ) for selling me one of his Carl Stork cancelled checks. Now, it is for another VERY special autograph that I have purchased. Jim ( TNSPRO ) was gracious enough to offer to sell me ( at what I consider a VERY reasonable price ) one of his Tony Gallovich autographs. In case you don't know who Tony Gallovich is, he was the football player at Wake Forest, who in 1940 Walt Kiesling sent that letter to asking him to fill out a questionaire and return it before the 1941 NFL Draft. Now, I admit, I don't know diddly about Tony Gallovich, but I am THRILLED to add a 3 x 5 card that he signed to my collection. It makes a FABULOUS addition to my collection, and once again, THANK YOU JIM !!!!!!!!!!
    Rocke

<< <i>

Hello David,
    I see you just found this forum. Congratulations, and welcome. I don't know if you have had the tome to go back and read all the posts, but, believe me, before I started posting, I went back to the beginning and read all of them. I still go back and read from 6 or 12 or 24 months ago, every now and then. I still can't get over some of the stuff that all you people have.
    Anyway, if you haven't went back and read them, I live in N. Canton. I don't know who you are, but, we are DEFINITELY going to have to get together sometime soon. Where did you pick up that envelope with the sigs from 1965. If he is a local collector, I may want to help make him a little richer myself !!!!
    Rocke >>

Hi Rocke,

Nice to meet you, I'm from Massillon and from reading one of your earlier post about driving Hampton around then you must be at Jane's shows. I wasn't there this past weekend but I go to most of her signings. I'm sure I would probably recognize you from her shows.
  • Welcome to the new guys. Always great to meet new collectors. Rocke, Zack and I will be in Chantilly so we'll see you there. I can't wait to hear about your day with Dan Hampton. It couldn't happen to a better guy. Zack and I are excited to get the show season started again. He has a few new collecting interests nowadays so he has been busy looking for them. I'll tell you all about them in Va. See you soon.
  • Ed,

I am like you, I am not a big fan of the Lombardi checks. I waited for a few years to find a piece I liked and picked up this 1964 signed GPC at the National last year. I think the signature is very crisp and I picked it up at a good price.

Ken

<< <i>Ed,

I am like you, I am not a big fan of the Lombardi checks. I waited for a few years to find a piece I liked and picked up this 1964 signed GPC at the National last year. I think the signature is very crisp and I picked it up at a good price.

Ken

image >>

Hi Ken,

Thanks for posting your Vince Lombardi autograph. Most people do not realize how tough it is to find a single signed Lombardi autograph other than a payroll check. I am still looking for a nice 3 X 5 to add to my collection. I have included a picture of the 1940 signed High School yearbook that I mentioned.

Ed

• revmoranrevmoran Posts: 398 ✭✭
    Ed,
    Great signature of Lombardi - love that picture of Andy Palau, too - he lived into his 90s we corresponded a number of times - after Fordham he played for the Union City Rams, and I was interested in the conditions of that league since my father coached the neighboring team in Paterson. I have a great 1938 program where the Union City Rams are playing the Brooklyn Eagles - Palau against Lombardi at Ebbets Field (not signed, unfortunately)
    My buddy Norm is selling a great Benny Friedman piece on eBay in case anyone is interested. The starting bid is $399. The eBay ID is NCTACO. FYI....the words EBAY LISTING PICTURE are not on the note, I know someone will ask! lol

• Hey,

If anyone has a nice Fritz Crisler, Francis Schmidt, Frank Cope, Charley Brock, or Russ Letlow autograph to sell or knows someone who does....please drop me a line. Just trying to pick up a couple more things before I send in my next PSA/DNA submission. Thanks.

Ken
    ken_ams@hotmail.com
  • Rev. Mike,
    I have sent you a PM
    Rocke

• << <i>Hey,

If anyone has a nice Fritz Crisler, Francis Schmidt, Frank Cope, Charley Brock, or Russ Letlow autograph to sell or knows someone who does....please drop me a line. Just trying to pick up a couple more things before I send in my next PSA/DNA submission. Thanks.

Ken
    ken_ams@hotmail.com >>

Ken
    Don't know if you haven't seen it, but on Ebay yanks.fan has a VERY nice Fritz Crisler for sale. He is asking 199.00 or best offer. I really don't know what Crisler's go for, but maybe he'll take 125.00
    Good Luck
    Rocke
  • bdbopbdbop Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Should be able to find a Crisler for about $60-$75 at most on an index card. Check with John Burk at jburkj@comcast.net and see if he has any Crislers left. Sometimes it takes him a LONG time to return e-mails though.

Bart
  • Hey guys,

Thanks for the help. I believe that I offered him $110 on that Crisler which I considered a fair offer and he turned it down. I will try John Burk and see if he has any to sell. Thanks again!

Ken
  • Ken
    CRAP !!!!!!!
  • Rocke,

Ha, ha....you win some you lose some. I kind of knew that my bid would not hold up with 25 seconds left. Nice pickup for whoever got it, but another one will come along eventually. I have my eye on a couple of more obscure pieces for my collection that I should be able to snag.

Ken