Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Official NFL HOF autograph set thread???

Comments

• gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    How tough is Dilweg to find?

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • bdbopbdbop Posts: 102 ✭✭
    I know of several people that are looking for a Dilweg and have only seen one, which came in a large collection I purchased from R&R Auction a few years ago. I do know of one person who has even been in contact with his family - and was told they would send him one, if they could find one. That has been about a year ago an still nothing. You would think there would be some of his sigs out there, but surprisingly the market is rather scarce.

Bart

• As you guys all ready know..the problem we all have is these sigs are not only scarce, but for the most part...."worthless" (Steve Owen signed card the exception). I'll be honest, i've been dealing in vintage football autographs for over 20 years and I had not heard of Potteiger or Dilweg before these posts. Turns out, I sold a George Christiansen last year along with other 1935 detroit lion "common" autographs for $50 (sorry Ken, wish I knew). Unfortunately, until the market matches our passion for these collectibles I feel we'll be looking for quite awhile.

That is where a forum like this can be so valuable. Hopefully we can help each other accomplish our collecting goals for 2010.

All the best

Mark

• jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    well packer fans know dilweg!!
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
    Dilweg would probably be in the Hall of Fame, if not for a certain receiver named Don Hutson coming along.

Bart

• cfhofercfhofer Posts: 258 ✭✭
    No question...Dilweg was a stud! But, how much do you think Dilweg's signature would sell for at auction? Would you be shocked if it sold for under $100? That's the problem that at least I've been dealing with...the lack of market interest for these "under-appreciated" autographs keep them buried in boxes and scrapbooks....and unfortunately out of our collections.

I find this the most frustrating aspect of our hobby. I'm certain there are Packer fans who would pay several hundred dollars for a Dilweg signature. But I doubt many non-cheesehead collectors realize that.

• I wonder why Dilweg is so hard to find - the man was also a distinguished attorney and a United States congressman - there must be many documents he signed along the way - I just think we're not looking in the right places. As for the price, I would not guess. Last year I didn't bid on a Richard Pratt autograph on eBay because I though it would be out of my range - he was the founder of the Carlisle Indian School and there are several popular books out which cover his importance to the football success of the Carlisle team. It went for under $25 - I've never seen another one.
    I think it depends which auction some of these sigs were put into. E-bay is so hit and miss sometimes. There are weeks I don't even check, so some items could go for pretty cheap. I think an auction house like R&R, Hunt, Heritage, Huggins & Scott, Lelands or Robert Edwards would garner more, as more collectors would be aware of it.

As for Dilweg, I would take a guess at his worth being in the $500 range at the current time. However, if he were to make the HOF, then I think you are looking in the $1500-$2000 range. Duke Slater is another one in this category. Though I have heard of his sigs going for about $2000 already (he was a judge too, but there is nothing out there on him, other than 2-3 pieces I have seen photos of).

Sometimes you sort of wonder if there are people just sitting on the stuff awaiting for these players to make it into the Hall of Fame.

Bart

• As Mike pointed out, I feel we may overestimate the market value of these obscure autographs. While I don't doubt that a collector would pay $500 for Dilweg, I highly doubt it would obtain that level at auction. Of all the above mentioned major autograph auction houses only three non-hof (college or pro) deceased football autographs had an independent listing within the last three years (may have missed one or two). Any guess who the three were? Paul Host (1930 ND captain - sold for $120), Brian Piccolo and Pat Tillman. It seems either the major auction houses are refusing to list the rare non-hof football sigs (they do include them in group lots) or as you pointed out Bart, people are holding on to them. I also think people don't even know what they have. Collectors and dealers may have a Dilweg or Petteiger in their collection, but it is buried in their "commons pile".

Unless these major auction houses deviate from their past track record, we may have no other option but ebay.

As anyone on this forum tried to list a non-hof (college or pro) deceased football autograph at a major auction house?

Going through some of my 3x5s, I found the following Packer sigs so far. Let me know if anyone needs them.

1. Buckets Goldenberg
    2. Ted Fritsch (Sr)
    3. Bob Leonard
    4. Baby Ray

Mark
    i would be interested in the buckets and ted.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    I would prefer to trade (one for one), if possible. I'm looking for the following sigs from the same time period:

Ben Ticknor, Jack Riley, William Shakespeare, George Barclay, Regis Monahan, Gil Duggan, Dixie Howell, Edward Mahan.

Otherwise, make an offer.

Mark
    vintageuofm@yahoo.com

PS. I have boxes of 3x5s still to go through, so if there are other sigs you guys need, send an email.

• Hey all,

PSA/DNA submission #2 popped today...thought I would share the results. The Allen letter was from his National fitness organization, so I am guessing they thought it was a secretarial. Excited about the Al Davis in particular because I picked it up for $60. The Lombardi, Hickman, and Jordan autographs were beautiful signatures. Thanks to all of the board members who sold me items in this submission, as expected they all passed:}.

Ken

Total Items: 38

Cert # Item Primary Person Result/Grade
    83080100 GOVERNMENT POSTCARDS HERMAN HICKMAN Authentic
    83080079 INDEX CARD BILL LEE Authentic
    83080075 INDEX CARD ROBERT ZUPPKE Authentic
    83080078 INDEX CARD CREIGHTON MILLER Authentic
    83080081 INDEX CARD EDGAR MANSKE Authentic
    83080082 INDEX CARD EDGAR MANSKE Authentic
    83080122 INDEX CARD JOHNNY LUJACK Authentic
    83080112 POSTCARD TOM FEARS Authentic
    83080152 1955 BOWMAN 47 DAN TOWLER DAN TOWLER Authentic
    83080136 ADVERTISEMENT ALAN AMECHE Authentic
    83080135 LETTER GEORGE ALLEN Questionable Authenticity
    83080109 CUT JOE GUYON Authentic
    83080103 INDEX CARD JOHN MCNALLY Authentic
    83080134 CHECK GEORGE TRAFTON Authentic
    83080148 1989 SWELL GREATS 122 SID GILLMAN SID GILLMAN Authentic
    83080117 INDEX CARD RAYFIELD WRIGHT Authentic
    83080119 CUT ED SPRINKLE Authentic
    83080124 INDEX CARD ERNIE STAUTNER Authentic
    83080074 CUT FIELDING YOST Authentic
    83080106 INDEX CARD ELMER LAYDEN Authentic
    83080104 INDEX CARD JIM FINKS Authentic
    83080144 BUSINESS CARD RALPH WILSON Authentic
    83080073 1991 PROLINE PORTRAITS C CHECKLIST #76-150 AL DAVIS Authentic
    83080099 INDEX CARD ED WIDSETH Authentic
    83080102 GOVERNMENT POSTCARDS C.W. SPEARS Authentic
    83080105 INDEX CARD CAL HUBBARD Authentic
    83080130 INDEX CARD ARNIE WEINMEISTER Authentic
    83080129 INDEX CARD DICK STANFEL Authentic
    83080133 CUT LINK LYMAN Authentic
    83080154 GOVERNMENT POSTCARDS VINCE LOMBARDI Authentic
    83080143 1957 TOPPS 152 TANK YOUNGER PAUL YOUNGER Authentic
    83080131 INDEX CARD HARRY NEWMAN Authentic
    83080132 PROGRAM HENRY JORDAN Authentic
    83080107 CUT FIELDING YOST Authentic
    83080121 INDEX CARD OLLIE MATSON Authentic
    83080076 INDEX CARD WES FESLER Authentic
    83080153 GOVERNMENT POSTCARDS PAUL CHRISTMAN Authentic
    83080125 INDEX CARD RAY FLAHERTY Authentic

<< <i>Hey all,

PSA/DNA submission #2 popped today...thought I would share the results. The Allen letter was from his National fitness organization, so I am guessing they thought it was a secretarial. Excited about the Al Davis in particular because I picked it up for $60. The Lombardi, Hickman, and Jordan autographs were beautiful signatures. Thanks to all of the board members who sold me items in this submission, as expected they all passed:}.

Ken

Total Items: 38

Cert # Item Primary Person Result/Grade
    83080100 GOVERNMENT POSTCARDS HERMAN HICKMAN Authentic
    83080079 INDEX CARD BILL LEE Authentic
    83080075 INDEX CARD ROBERT ZUPPKE Authentic
    83080078 INDEX CARD CREIGHTON MILLER Authentic
    83080081 INDEX CARD EDGAR MANSKE Authentic
    83080082 INDEX CARD EDGAR MANSKE Authentic
    83080122 INDEX CARD JOHNNY LUJACK Authentic
    83080112 POSTCARD TOM FEARS Authentic
    83080152 1955 BOWMAN 47 DAN TOWLER DAN TOWLER Authentic
    83080136 ADVERTISEMENT ALAN AMECHE Authentic
    83080135 LETTER GEORGE ALLEN Questionable Authenticity
    83080109 CUT JOE GUYON Authentic
    83080103 INDEX CARD JOHN MCNALLY Authentic
    83080134 CHECK GEORGE TRAFTON Authentic
    83080148 1989 SWELL GREATS 122 SID GILLMAN SID GILLMAN Authentic
    83080117 INDEX CARD RAYFIELD WRIGHT Authentic
    83080119 CUT ED SPRINKLE Authentic
    83080124 INDEX CARD ERNIE STAUTNER Authentic
    83080074 CUT FIELDING YOST Authentic
    83080106 INDEX CARD ELMER LAYDEN Authentic
    83080104 INDEX CARD JIM FINKS Authentic
    83080144 BUSINESS CARD RALPH WILSON Authentic
    83080073 1991 PROLINE PORTRAITS C CHECKLIST #76-150 AL DAVIS Authentic
    83080099 INDEX CARD ED WIDSETH Authentic
    83080102 GOVERNMENT POSTCARDS C.W. SPEARS Authentic
    83080105 INDEX CARD CAL HUBBARD Authentic
    83080130 INDEX CARD ARNIE WEINMEISTER Authentic
    83080129 INDEX CARD DICK STANFEL Authentic
    83080133 CUT LINK LYMAN Authentic
    83080154 GOVERNMENT POSTCARDS VINCE LOMBARDI Authentic
    83080143 1957 TOPPS 152 TANK YOUNGER PAUL YOUNGER Authentic
    83080131 INDEX CARD HARRY NEWMAN Authentic
    83080132 PROGRAM HENRY JORDAN Authentic
    83080107 CUT FIELDING YOST Authentic
    83080121 INDEX CARD OLLIE MATSON Authentic
    83080076 INDEX CARD WES FESLER Authentic
    83080153 GOVERNMENT POSTCARDS PAUL CHRISTMAN Authentic
    83080125 INDEX CARD RAY FLAHERTY Authentic >>

Ken,

PM sent.

Greg M.

References:

<< <i>Going through some of my 3x5s, I found the following Packer sigs so far. Let me know if anyone needs them.

1. Buckets Goldenberg
    2. Ted Fritsch (Sr)
    3. Bob Leonard
    4. Baby Ray

Mark >>

Mark,

Please remind me if there were any signed football cards in the collection that you bought.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    Greg,

No signed cards, just 3x5s which were signed in the late '60s and early '70s.

Mark
  • Mark,

If you have any players that are pre-1950's playing days, I would definitely be interested. Just PM or e-mail me with a list. Thanks!

Ken
  • Hey all,

Some recent pickups to share:

Charlie Berry - 1925 Pottsville Maroons, Captain, led the league in scoring, kick to beat Notre Dame
    Walter French - 1925 Pottsville Maroons, led the league in yards per carry

Joseph Zapustas - 1933 NY Giants, 1 catch in career
    George Roudebush - 1915 Canton Bulldogs, 1919 Dayton Triangles
    Louis Urban - 1921 Buffalo All-Americans

While on the subject, anyone have any other Pottsville autographs that they wouldn't mind selling? I think this is where Jim shows up and makes me jealous over his Tony Latone and Jack Ernst sigs:}. Thanks.

Ken
    A few years ago, I searched and searched for a Charlie Berry autograph and couldn't find one. Then, I learned that he was also a baseball umpire and found one in no time when I contacted guys that specialized in baseball.

Also, not an autograph, but my latest pickup was a Pottsville Maroons 1925 NFL Championship ring. They were made in the early 1960's and given to the players and families that were still around. Doing some research on it, one went in a Leland's auction last June for over $1800. Am pretty happy, as I got it for less than half of that.

Bart
  • tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    Recent pick-up....and a very cool item!

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
  • Those 45 Packers signatures are awesome. I wish I could find something like that.
    Collecting Pro Football Hall of Fame Autographs: (238/267)
    Very nice '45 green bay piece Jim. I really like the lambeau and smith sigs (both which I still need for my collection). Tough to find high quality sigs of those two.

Congrats again.

Mark

• So who are everybody's picks for election into the Hall of Fame for 2010?
    I have some vintage fountain pen signatures of the following 1930's all-americans available for sale. These are amazing sigs, signed back when they were in college. I'll take $50/each or $450 for them all. Here is the list, all are on 3x5 slips of paper:

1. Ted Beckett - California 1930 AA
    2. Fred Sington - Alabama 1930 AA
    3. Marty Brill - Notre Dame 1930 AA
    4. Joe Kurth - Notre Dame 1932 AA
    5. Paul Moss - Purdue 1932 AA
    6. Arthur Krueger - Marquette 1932 AA
    7. Roy Horstmann - Purdue 1932 AA
    8. Warren Heller - Pittsburgh 1932 AA
    9. Duane Purvis - Purdue 1933 AA
    10. Doc Hartwig - Pittsburgh 1934 AA
    11. Joe Edward Beinor - Notre Dame 1937 AA
    12. Al Wolff - Santa Clara 1938 Aa

I also have the 1936 Notre Dame team from this same collection available for sale. Again the same quality fountain sigs, most also include their position. I'll take $200 for the group. The individual players are:

1. Larry Danbon
    2. Fred Mundee
    3. Frank Kopezak
    4. Bunny McCormick
    5. Bill Steinkember
    6. Joe O'Neill
    7. Vic Wajcihavski
    8. Jow Zwers
    9. Elmer Zenner
    10. Johnny Lautar

Here is a sample scan of the collection.

I also have the following early college football hof sigs available for sale (not from the above collection):

-1896 Princeton football team signed banquet program - contact me.
    - Garrett Cochran signed note - contact me.

Feel free to ask any questions and make reasonable offers. Thanks guys!

Mark
    vintageuofm@yahoo.com

• << <i>GREAT !!!!!!
    Just found out today that Franco Harris is doing a FREE autograph session here in Canton on Thursday from 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM and then ANOTHER FREE autograph session from 2:00 PM -4:00 PM. I am planning on hitting them both and getting a bunch. YEEEE HAAAAWWWW.
    Rocke >>

Hello all,
    Haven't posted in a while. SEVERE computer problem. Had to trash the old one and get a new one. Since it has that new " Windows " program, we had to get a new Email address. For those that might want it, it's sweanes@live.com
    I had to re-do my profile page on this site also, so I played around, and I think ? that I was able to enable my PM thing. Anybody want to send me one so I can see if I got that figured out?
    About Franco, I did go to both sessions. I was only able to get a TOTAL of 4 items signed. Both sessions were pretty much mob scenes. So much for me getting " a bunch " of auto's. Even though the lines were a mile long, he really took his time with each person. First time that I have ever got him myself. I have to admit, for being a Pittsburgh Steeler, he was a VERY nice guy.
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.

• << <i>

<< <i>Anybody picked up anything nice lately?
    >>

With a little help from my friends (thanks Rocke!) I was able to pick up this letter - the stationary and the signature are nice, but I also like the content - sent from Harry March to Walter Farquehar, sports editor of the Pottsville paper - it's amazing that someone saved this all these years and that it ended up in my hands!

image >>

Hello Jim,
    You are more than welcome for what little help I was. When I saw that item, I KNEW that you were the person that should own it. I am very happy that you got it.
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.

<< <i>Great cards Jay. I don't often feel jealous, but I definitely envy you nowimage
    I've submitted many thick cards to PSA and I would definitely leave them in the thick magnetic holder. Matter of fact, PSA has sent those holders back with the graded cards.

Now be a good fellow collector and let us (actually me) image win the next ones. >>

well psa never sent back the thick magnetic holders to me....image
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    Does anyone know who the oldest ND player is? I'm collecting signatures of the players who played on the 43, 46, 47 and 49 Championship teams...and wasn't sure if there are any players alive who played pre-43?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    Mark,

I would love to have those ND signatures....I'll think about it.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    Greg,

I can send scans of these sigs, if desired. Email me and we'll work something out.

Mark

• << <i>Hope all are having a great holiday season!

As we approach the New Year, I was curious.... What is the ONE autograph you hope to acquire next year (tough to narrow down to just one)?

Mine is Duke Slater. >>

I would be THRILLED to get any ONE of the four ( Ray , Mara, Bidwill , Carr ) that I still need this year. I will be consigning a VERY nice single signed Thurman Munson baseball to someone, probably Leland's very shortly. A buddy of mine and I bought it a few months ago from a local guy at a VERY good price, so I only get 1/2 of the proceeds from the auction. It is not quite as nice as the one I sold a few years ago for $6,276.00 but it's close. Otherwise, assuming that I don't get any of the 4, ( it's very possible that none of them will even be for sale this year ) I do have two that I want to upgrade Curly Lambeau & Turk Edwards.
    College...... That's easy........Chic Harley !!!!

Rocke
  • Hey all,

Big pickup for me last night:

Purchased off E-bay for $850 from a seller with 16,000 feedback. Hopefully, it will arrive safely. What do you think? I honestly don't know much about the market for Thorpe autographs, but have not seen many in this range lately. Being a ticket stub and already encapsulated it fits into my collection nicely. Thanks.

Ken

P.S. If anyone knows anything about this "Sportman's" tour in 1952, I would love to hear about it. Thorpe died of a heart attack only a few months later in March, 1953.

• << <i>Hey all,

Big pickup for me last night:

Purchased off E-bay for $850 from a seller with 16,000 feedback. Hopefully, it will arrive safely. What do you think? I honestly don't know much about the market for Thorpe autographs, but have not seen many in this range lately. Being a ticket stub and already encapsulated it fits into my collection nicely. Thanks.

Ken

P.S. If anyone knows anything about this "Sportman's" tour in 1952, I would love to hear about it. Thorpe died of a heart attack only a few months later in March, 1953. >>

Hey Ken,
    NICE pick-up !!! Anytime that you can get a PSA slabbed Thorpe for under 1 K , it's a good deal. As far as the Sportsman's tour, afraid I can't help. I'll ask Rod, see if he knows anything. I DO know that there was a dinner for Jim in Canton, Ohio in December 1951. I have seen some pictures from the dinner. Jim lived here in Canton off and on for a number of years, both when he played for the Canton Bulldogs and after. About a month ago, B & E collectibles out of New York was here in Canton. They had run some ad's in the paper that they would be here, buying cards, autograph's collectibles etc...... I took them a Thurman Munson single signed ball that I have. While I was there, they were in the process of buying about a dozen 8 x 10 black and white pictures from that dinner. The guy that was selling them, his Father had been at that dinner. He also had the ticket that his dad had used to go. It was red with black printing on the one side. Place, ( Onesto Hotel ) Date, time, etc. On the back of the ticket, it had 8 autographs. Jim Thorpe, Cy Young, and some local dignitaries. Also signing the back of the ticket was Pete Calac. Pete played with Jim both with Carlisle and with the Canton Bulldogs. Pete gave the acceptance speech, representing Jim at his Enshrinement in September, 1963. The Cool thing is, Pete has a son, Pete Jr. , probably mid ' 60's. I used to play a LOT of Poker with him. Still do occasionally, but not as much as I used to.
    Rocke
  • Rocke,

Thanks for all of the info! I would love to have a Pete Calac autograph. Read about him in several books including "Jim Thorpe: World's Greatest Athlete". I am guessing this tour in 1952 included other past sport's heroes and was just curious to hear about it. From everything I have read, it sounds like Mr. Thorpe was in pretty poor health by 1952 having already had 2 heart attacks. Thanks again.

Ken
  • Hello All,
    Just made a NICE upgrade to my Emlen Tunnell autograph. Bought it from Darren at LIVEHORN. Ebay # 300390335937. Probably the nicest example of a Tunnell that I have seen.
    Rocke

• << <i>Rocke,

Thanks for all of the info! I would love to have a Pete Calac autograph. Read about him in several books including "Jim Thorpe: World's Greatest Athlete". I am guessing this tour in 1952 included other past sport's heroes and was just curious to hear about it. From everything I have read, it sounds like Mr. Thorpe was in pretty poor health by 1952 having already had 2 heart attacks. Thanks again.

Ken >>

Hey Ken,
    I asked Rod if he knew anything about Jim Thorpe's "tour" in 1952. He wasn't positive, but he thought that it had do do with a book signing tour concerning the John Steckbeck book that came out in 1951 Titled " Fabulous Redmen - The Carlisle Indians and Their Famous Football Teams " Don't know if you have ever seen a signed copy, but they are pretty funny. I have seen about a dozen or so in different auctions. They are all about the same. John S. would write something like " To Rocke and Sue Sweaney , Best Wishes , John Steckbeck " then Jim would sign "me too , Jim Thorpe "Rod said that most of the ones he has seen are dated 1952.
    Rocke
  • Hello All,
    I just got home from work a little bit ago, and I saw that " Bullett " Bill Dudley passed away on Thursday. Got many autographs from him over the years during HoF weekend. He was always a soft spoken and humble , gentle man. Got a great 11 x 14 autographed picture of him and my son, Ben. He was the last surviving member of the class of 1966, and there are now just 5 surviving Hall of Famers from the 1960's.
    Rocke
  • mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Members, I just saw this thread and wanted to throw out there that I have a Don Hutson PSA/DNA auto which I would like to sell. Please pm me if any of you have any interest. $55 Dlvd. Paypal ok. thanks.

PackManInNC

• << <i>So who are everybody's picks for election into the Hall of Fame for 2010? >>

Well, I'll probably only get the 3 obvious ones right ( Smith, LeBeau , Rice ) I will also go with Sharpe, Carter and Grimm. Which means that in addition to the three obvious, it will probably be Randle, Dent , Jackson and Little !!!!!
    Rocke
  • Rocke,

Down to these five:

Jerry Rice, Russ Grimm, John Randle, Emmitt Smith and Rickey Jackson made the list of five final candidates for enshrinement in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Should know the final results in the next 10 minutes. I am thinking Rickey Jackson will get dropped and the rest are in (along with Dick LeBeau).

Ken
  • Hey,

Well, they took everyone listed above including Floyd Little and Rickey Jackson.....big induction class.

Ken

P.S. - Ugh, anyone have a Rickey Jackson for sale/trade?
  • That's a really good class. I'm looking for a Rickey Jackson too, he doesn't sign much from what I can tell.
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Russ Grimm had an auto in 2004 Topps All-Time Fan Favorites. As of a few months ago, they were going for around $2 plus shipping (or less) on eBay. He signed HOGS under his name, which is nice IMO.

I wouldn't be too worried about getting Rickey Jackson. He'll be signing a lot more at shows now.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Nick,

That is what I figured also which is why I didn't jump on the card on E-bay for $25. I think I will wait it out until something pops up. I have everyone else covered (I have that 2004 Topps Fan Favorites of Grimm as a matter of fact). Thanks.

Ken
  • Hello All,
    I am not surprised at 1 ) I was so far off base with my prediction, although I did get it right if you combine my entire post !!!! and 2 ) that the max. of 7 got selected. Was there even ONE candidate from the list of 17 that SHOULDN'T be elected to The Hall ?
    I can not WAIT to get my bill from The Hall in October for my Goal Line Art 2010 Update set. I may have to sell my Pete Henry or Walt Kiesling to pay for it !!!
    Rocke
    Rocke,

Do you respond to PM's? Or do you have an email that I can use to ask you a sensitive question?

Jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    I have a nice signed 1986 Topps Russ Grimm if anyone is interested...asking $6 dlvd.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:

<< <i>Hello All,
    Just made a NICE upgrade to my Emlen Tunnell autograph. Bought it from Darren at LIVEHORN. Ebay # 300390335937. Probably the nicest example of a Tunnell that I have seen.
    Rocke >>

That is a beautiful Emlen Tunnell...congrats!

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:

<< <i>That's a really good class. I'm looking for a Rickey Jackson too, he doesn't sign much from what I can tell. >>

I looked on signingshotline and Ricky Jackson hasn't signed since 2001...plus he doesn't sign TTM. I have a feeling that he'll be expensive when we decides to sign at an upcoming show.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:

• << <i>

<< <i>Hello All,
    Rocke >>

That is a beautiful Emlen Tunnell...congrats!

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

Thank You Greg, I do appreciate your thoughts !!!
    Rocke