Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Official NFL HOF autograph set thread???

Comments

• jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jay,

What Cosetta said is that they can only allow one signed example of a particular team card. For instance, I have two 1987 Topps Packers team card; one signed by Bob Harlan and the other signed by Ron Wolf. I could only designate one of the auto'd cards for the 1987 Topps Packers team card slot.

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

Thanks for clarifying that. So that means for example, if harlan and wolf make the HOF you could only use one of those cards not both, correct?

Since your allen and reeves are different years it doesnt matter. The other question would be could someone else use your 87 Wolf if you used the 87 Harlan. Kinda strange you had Wolf sign an 87 Packers card, wasnt he with the Raiders then?
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
    any guess on the grade for my turk vs the grade of the thorpe??
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's

• << <i>any guess on the grade for my turk vs the grade of the thorpe?? >>

I am guessing that you mean the grade on the autograph ONLY, and NOT the grade of the card. If so, I'll go with 9 to 4.
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
    grades on the card only...with the thrope as a reference.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Saw in the upcoming Huggins and Scott Auction that one of the lots is a group of tougher autographs, and one of the items in the lot is a signed Steve Owen 1952 Bowman.
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
    what are the other items....i think greg has found something for his extra cash he has lying around.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Here is the lot:

Dan Fortmann (d.1995) signed index card, inscribed "Chicago Bears"; James Spence Authentications cert/hologram #E74260
    George Halas (d.1983) signed index card; James Spence Authentications cert/hologram #E74263
    Bronko Nagurski (d.1990) signed index card; James Spence Authentications cert/hologram #E74261
    Ernie Nevers (d.1976) signed index card; James Spence Authentications cert/hologram #E74262
    Steve Owen (d.1964) signed 1952 Bowman #4 (NM), ballpoint signature ("7"); full photo LOA from James Spence Authentications
    Amos Alonzo Stagg (d.1965) signed 3-1/2 x 2-1/4" blank business card; PSA/DNA cert/hologram #C02224
    Emlen Tunnell (d.1975) signed 1957 Topps #35 (EX-MT) signature ("7"); full photo LOA from James Spence Authentications
    Glenn "Pop" Warner (d.1954) signed 3x2" card (signed "Glenn S. "Pop" Warner"); full photo LOA from James Spence Authentications.

Unfortunately, there are no pics up yet.
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>what are the other items....i think greg has found something for his extra cash he has lying around. >>

Holy cr*p....I think that you're right Jay. The only problem is what do I do with all the other items in the lot...

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    give them to me! why would you even ask such a question?

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
  • Hey Dave,
    I sent you a PM.......did you get it? Is Saturday 9:00AM good with you? let me know.
    Rocke
  • CatmanCatman Posts: 267 ✭✭
    Rocke....just got it, yes that is fine I will see you at 9:00!

<< <i>give them to me! why would you even ask such a question? >>

Jim,

PM sent.

Greg M.

References:
    H&S Auction

The Warner and Stagg are very nice!

• Greg,

I would be interested in the Pop Warner depending on the price....

Ken
    Reese,

Is that the same Steve Owen that you got hosed on a couple of years back?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    This is a perfect example why this forum is so beneficial, thanks Reese. Glad it worked out for you...in the end.

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

• << <i>Hi Jim,

I just hope it helps someone from making the same mistake that I did. It did teach me the importance of using a credit card for big transactions. I just really hope this card does not end up in a PSA/DNA slab after everything I went through.

Reese >>

Maybe not in a PSA/DNA slab, but it could easily end up in a JSA/BVG slab, since it has passed JSA authentication already.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

<< <i>Just seeing it again makes me sick to my stomach. PSA must have saw something about it that made them question the authenticity. >>

Reese,

Don't forget that not every card passes PSA/DNA the first time. I have several cards in my collection that were rejected the first time around. For instance, my Henry Jordan signed 64 Philly was rejected by PSA/DNA, then slabbed by JSA, then resubmitted to PSA/DNA (in the JSA slab) and reslabbed in a PSA holder.

I've got several Steve Owen exemplars on my computer and I'll more closely analyze the signature, however it's entirely possible the autograph was authentic.

FYI - I still have the signed 1955 Topps AA Turk Edwards that has been rejected by PSA/DNA 3 times. I'm going to submit it to JSA and see what he thinks...

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    well i got two subs back in the mail yesterday. both were disappointing in one way or the other.

the first was a rejection of a Rickey Jackson signed card i sent in. i was hoping this would pass as it would put me at the majically 95% for this years awards. if anyone has a real Jackson they are willing to sell i would be interested.

here it is...

the other disappointment was with the grade on my Edwards. I have the raw scans posted above and I have attached the PSA graded photo below. I cant believe that it came back a 7. Compared to the Thorpe posted earlier its much nicer card. Not to mention I am not sure why this is in a patch holder. They seem to make these decisions on whims when it comes to some of these cut cards.

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    That Turk looks super nice from the scan. You might want to resubmit it when you have a chance.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

<< <i>H&S Auction

The Warner and Stagg are very nice! >>

All,

I would like to bid on the H&S auction, however I only want the Owen. Please PM or e-mail me at montooth13@yahoo.com if you would like any of the other items in the lot. Someone has already expressed an interested in two of the items, so please contact me ASAP to reserve whatever you're interested in.

My thought is that all interested parties can agree to a price for each item in the lot and we'll then allocate the final price prorata based upon our agreed upon values.

Instead of everyone bidding against each other, let's work together to win the auction for the best possible price.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    Greg,

Good luck with this. I hope you can reel it in. I might be interested in the Tunnell for an upgrade. Anyone have a link to the listing so I can look it over?

Jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's

<< <i>Greg,

Good luck with this. I hope you can reel it in. I might be interested in the Tunnell for an upgrade. Anyone have a link to the listing so I can look it over?

Jay >>

Jay,

The link is in my post. The Tunnell looks very nice!

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    opps missed that. check you pms.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    anyone have the Harvey '10 address for Rickey Jackson??

i sent out last week from the address on sportscards.net but it was returned to me today as address unknown.

any help would be great.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    Jay,

If you can't find an address for Rickey Jackson that works, he will be doing a Tristar signing in Houston this June.

Link

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭

<< <i>anyone have the Harvey '10 address for Rickey Jackson??

i sent out last week from the address on sportscards.net but it was returned to me today as address unknown.

any help would be great. >>

He is also going to be at the July CSA show
    Price not up yet
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page

<< <i>Jay,

If you can't find an address for Rickey Jackson that works, he will be doing a Tristar signing in Houston this June.

Link

Reese >>

yeah i saw that one. i was hoping against all hope to get it out to him and back and maybe bribe someone at psa to get it done before the end of may.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    Is anyone else missing cards in their HOF auto set? My completion % went from 94% to 83%. Jay - did you having something to do with that??? image

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:

References:
    no i didnt look yet but i will. i had lost cards from time to time myself and have to reload them or re-request them...so much for that software update a few years ago.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    i didnt lose any of my cards....image
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    Hey guys.....I was at Rocke's last week and he showed me his collection, it was awesome....he has a great collection....love all the pics he took with his son and the HOFer's. We made a nice trade....I got a couple of signed jerseys, and a nice Ralph Wilson signed picture and he got a whole slew of HOF football tickets from me included a gem mint 1962 first game unused and a mint unused 1970 which for some reason which I have yet to find out is one of the toughest to come by. Here's a pic of a 1962 and 1970 tickets.

You see lots of HOF tickets but most of them are rags, but I've never seen full unused of either of these tickets and I've been collecting these tickets for 30years. I was lucky and was able to get a couple.
    One of the things that I collect are HOF Metallic cards. The HOF started selling these in 1982 and only produced 2000 sets....they aren't all that popular but I've been getting them signed and have about 150 of them signed, most of them in person or private signings. Here's my Johnny Unitas that was signed.

These sign nicely with a black sharpie, I like the fine point like this Unitas but it doesn't grade as nicely as a medium point. Blue Sharpie's are terrible on these and will fade after some time. Most of the time when a HOFer sees these cards they are amazed because they've never seen them before. Don Shula wanted to buy the card off of me but I wouldn't sell the one he signed. I told him if I ever fins another one I will send it to him. I found one and sent it to him and told him that he won't remember me but he would remember the card. He wrote me back and said he did remember the card and sent me back a signed GLA.
  • Hello,
    This is off of the football track, but thought that I would share with you. Took my son Ben up to the University of Akron's James A. Rhodes Arena today. Just got back home. This local basketball player, You may have heard of him, his name is LeBron James, was presented with his 2nd consecutive NBA MVP award. The award ceremony was open to the public. The whole Cav's team, front office, and owner were there. Probably between 1,500 and 2,000 people there. Not something you get a chance to do everyday. Definitely was pretty cool to be there.
    Rocke
  • bdbopbdbop Posts: 102 ✭✭
    I have the following signed index cards that I am looking to sell. If interested in any, let me know:

Paul Brown - thin marker - slight skip in the "B"
    George Halas-thin marker
    Billy Vessels - thin marker and personalized
    Don Hutson-thin marker-later in life
    Red Grange- thin marker - later in life
    Art Rooney-ballpoint
    Bill George-ballpoint

Bart
  • revmoranrevmoran Posts: 398 ✭✭

<< <i>Here is a nice signed football piece currently up for auction on Robert Edwards. I'm almost certain that someone on this forum was looking for Earl Potteiger. Besides Potteiger there are sigs of Steve Owen, Joe Guyon, Eddie Tryon, Cal Hubbard, Glenn Killinger, Century Milstead and some baseball player by the name of "Gehrig" :-)

image >>

Thanks again for the heads up on this one - I did pick it up and Potteiger completes my collection of autographs of Giants coaches - there are a couple of other early Giants players on there I'm happy to add to my 1925 team group - it will be updated soon on my website. Early Giants autographs
  • bdbopbdbop Posts: 102 ✭✭
    I also have a 1925 Pottsville Maroons ring that I may be looking at selling. These were made for a team reunion in the early 1960's and less than 75 were made. Last June, one went for $1800+ in a Leland's Auction.

http://www.lelands.com/Auction.aspx/AuctionDetailed/50350/page1

If anyone is interested, let me know and I can quote you a price.

Bart
  • cfhofercfhofer Posts: 258 ✭✭
    Congrats Mike on a great pickup. RE also had a nice 1942 signed Giants program.

<< <i>Congrats Mike on a great pickup. RE also had a nice 1942 signed Giants program. >>

Father, hear my confession, I bought that too - all for Al Blozis.

BTW did you notice that in the Heritage auction an 1875 Columbia vs. Princeton College Football Championship Program (lot 82352) sold for $3,883 - I had nothing to do with that.
  • cfhofercfhofer Posts: 258 ✭✭
    Mike

You bought that signed program too?? Quite a nice week for you. You know...if you need to recover some cash after acquiring all these great pieces, I know the perfect buyer for that Duke Slater signed book of yours....image

I saw the final price on the Princeton program too. Maybe I should have listed my Yale championship program on Heritage instead of ebay. You got a great deal on that program, but I'm glad that you got it.

Congrats again.

Mark
    I love the Giants program. I will leave it up to Mike to post a pic. If my memory serves me correctly, I have seen 3 Al Blozis autographs and I think Mike has them! Very cool stuff everyone is showing lately.

The scan from the auction was kind of small so when I get the actual program I will post a good scan. I do have one Al Blozis autograph - a cut taped onto a sheet from an old scrapbook, which was on eBay for a very low price. I think the other Blozis we've seen was on a multi-signed page posted here where the seller highlighted a different signature on the page and didn't even know or at least mention the Al Blozis autograph.
    Rickey Jackson rocks. I sent the card last Sat and it was in my mailbox today. I will scan and post tomorrow. The only question is...is there any chance that I can get it done before the deadline?

I might have to make a call to my PSA contacts to find out.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    Congrats Jay! Did you include a donation? I need to send him a card as well.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Yes i included a donation. $10 or 20 I think made out to his charity.

Here is the scan of the new one....

signature completely different from the old one....

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • JaY,
    Great job on the Jackson.
    Where did you send the request to?