Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Official NFL HOF autograph set thread???

Comments

• Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Reese - very nice job!

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    UllrUllr Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    Well I finally sent of my 1961 Fleer Bob St. Clair TTM today. Greg posted his address back on page 21 of this thread last August. If anyone knows a TTM address for Alan Page I should be able to get a request out to him before the new year. Thanks in advance.

collecting '67 & '75 red sox + baseball HOF autographs
  • Options

<< <i>Well I finally sent of my 1961 Fleer Bob St. Clair TTM today. Greg posted his address back on page 21 of this thread last August. If anyone knows a TTM address for Alan Page I should be able to get a request out to him before the new year. Thanks in advance. >>

Ullr,

Alan Page charges $10 per auto and his addy is:

Page Education Foundation P.O. Box 581254 Minneapolis, MN 55458-1254

St. Clair is a great signer - I just received back a 1957 Topps card signed by him for a $10 fee.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    I updated my website and added many tough autographs. Not HOF'ers but I thought you would like to take a look. I also put up my 1949 Cleveland Browns autographs. I am only (1) player away from a complete team. (Ed Sustersic)

Let me know what you think.

Jim

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    Guys,

There are some big problems with V2 and out set. One in know for sure that both greg and i lost cards as we both below 90%. Two, V2 seems to be trying to allow me to enter cards for this set that dont belong. For example they said I could add my 84 Dickerson rookie (not auto'd). Also, it appears that I found my long lost Dan Reeves auto, to bad its Dan Reeves the former coach of the broncos and falcons.

Its a good thing that they pushed back the deadline.

Jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    I'm missing at least two cards from my set. I've tried adding them but it keeps saying they are in my inventory, but do not apply to my set. I'm having the same problems adding cards to my Defense, QB, Rushers, 75th, ect.. Anyone know what to do?
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • Options
    use this link

Report a cert that should match this composite

its right above the start of your set.

i still have to do that with my waterfield...though i have a new one that i am sending off.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Thanks Jay!

I will give that a try.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    Well I was able to get everything added back to my set pretty easily. I'm really liking the new V2!

Here is my latest pickup for the future HOF set. A big thanks to Greg for pointing this one out to me!

Mac Speedie Auto
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    well with the long holiday weekend (and feeling a little under the weather for parts of it) and the roll out of V2 I have updated my set with scans of all of my cards. feel free to take a look.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    I love the scans Jay! You've got a great collection
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    Just curious, is anyone still waiting on group subs? I have one left that was logged in on 4/5.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options

<< <i>Just curious, is anyone still waiting on group subs? I have one left that was logged in on 4/5. >>

I'm waiting on 2 orders and so is David M. I think the 45 day mark is next Friday!!

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    i got all of mine back. just sent in my waterfield. next monday or tuesday it should pop.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    I have 2 Bob Harlan and 2 Ron Wolf auto'd cards. I'm asking $15 each dlvd. Let me know if interested.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Greg,

I will take a bob harlan. I hope your favre is real. I have heard its a crap shoot with him TTM.

Jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Jay,

Sounds good - just pp the amount to montooth13 at yahoo.com. What Favre are you referring to?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    pp will becoming today.

i thought you meant in a previous email that you had gotten both a favre and rod woodson ttm. i guess it was just the woodson. when you sent your rewards subs in for PSA/DNA were there other cards on those subs that werent PSA/DNA?

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Jay,

Sorry for the confusion... The Woodson was TTM but the Favre is a Pro Line certified auto that I bought 4 or 5 years ago. As far as I know, Favre doesn't sign TTM (as you said...).

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    I also have an extra Holmgren available if anyone is interseted...$15 for that one also.

rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    thought I would slip this in here since you guys know what your talking about and I "internet know you"....

I have a few 3x5 index cards signed by Sidney Crosby - pens hockey player. I would like to send them in to get authenticated. How much does it cost for (1) is it $20 per???

Thanks

Jim

now, back to football!

• Options

<< <i>thought I would slip this in here since you guys know what your talking about and I "internet know you"....

I have a few 3x5 index cards signed by Sidney Crosby - pens hockey player. I would like to send them in to get authenticated. How much does it cost for (1) is it $20 per???

Thanks

Jim

now, back to football! >>

Jim,

I believe as long as the value is below $500, the cost will be $20 per index card.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    I would join this registry if it wasn't for the grade thing. I understand the grade and all, but if you really wanted the best graded authentic autos, I imagine the newer insert cards would be a better source then something like the Swell cards, which are much more fitting on some subjects, IMO.

Here are scans of a few of my cards related...

My only cert. signed HOF RC

(The RC reprints are cool newer cards).
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    great cards. please start a set. they dont have to be graded to be included. authenics get a grade of 1 by default.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Hey guys,

I have a Marshall Goldberg autograph that I would like to sell/trade to someone who needs one. Now, there are problems. It is on a clear sheet! He signed the outside "as some old-timers did" when sending a photo.

It would probably be a good autograph for knuckles to make a card with or for some other talented soul to do something with. I took a picture of it with a 3x5 card behind it.

Will just listen to offers if anyone wants a filler Goldberg auto...

• Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭

<< <i>thought I would slip this in here since you guys know what your talking about and I "internet know you"....

Thanks

Jim

now, back to football! >>

I think since they're index cards and not actual sportscards they charge based on the fee schedule. Crosby is listed at $30. I would think they have to go to psa/dna. Hope this helps

Hockey autograph price sheet
  • Options
    revmoranrevmoran Posts: 398 ✭✭
    I bought a Turk Edwards TSL on Redskins letterhead - how do you think it compares to the others that have been posted to this forum - one above and one below in the image. I was concerned it looked a little different, but when I sign my name to a letter I'm sometimes a little more careful and it can look different from a check or anything I sign in a hurry.

• Options
    I am by no means an expert on determining real autos but at least for my own signature though it can very based on what and when i am signing something there are always things that remain the same. namely, slant of begining letters, junctions to between letters and such. looking at the three shown here and the current cut auto on ebay link below I see some differences.

ebay link

First off there are difference between all the T's in Turk. With yours being the most different of the lot. Two notice the difference between the connection of the T to the u. Reese's doesnt have one. Yours is close the Cut auto, while Greg's is completely different. Also notice the difference in the E's. Yours and Reese are similar to each other but very different from Greg's and the Cut (which are close). Also notice the difference between yours (and Resses) to the cut (and Gregs) as to the transition from E to d, w to a, but also the look of the r.

That being said, I think that Reese's has passed PSA/DNA if I remember correctly. Greg's is there now. I would say that who ever signed Greg's and the cut were the same person. While to me (my own two cents) it looks like yours and Reese's were signed by two completely different people and different than the Cut/Greg's.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Hello all,

Jim, I saw something on the www.americanmemorabilia.com auction website that you may be interested in. It is Lot # 138. It is a team signed 1948 Cleveland Browns autograph book that includes signatures from TWO of your "Most Wanted List" Warren Lahr, and Ed Sustersic. If you decide to go after it, Let me wish you "Good Luck"

Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • Options
    My Bob Waterfield just popped. A 7.5. Man they are tough on me on the thick cards.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Here are both of my Turk autos, both have passed PSA/DNA inspection.

The signature on the first card is from 1937. I have the full PSA/DNA letter and it came from an American Memorabilia auction.

Here is my 55. This one was signed sometime between 1955 and 1973. I assume it was later in his life, since it compares favorable to most examples I have seen.

Hopefully, Greg will post a picture of his Edwards. I know I have compared my 55 with his and they were almost identical. Not to make this more complicated, but here is another example I had saved which also looks a little different.

Rev your letter is from 1945. Obviously signatures change over time and I would assume it's real because of the letterhead. Did you do a quick opinion on it before you purchased it?

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    I guess both of the turks were yours. I assumed the 55 was greg's. Congrats on both of them. Good luck with yours rev. Since PSA has approved quite different autos there is a good chance yours will pass too.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Yep those were both mine. Greg has a 55 as well, but I didn't save the scan of it. Hopefully he scanned it before shipping it off to PSA so we could see it.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    Also, finally got a decent looking Trafton earlier today!

Trafton
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    congrats. prices on those traftons have been pretty varied. i got mine pretty cheap...dont remember...as the seller didnt use the right title. never included trafton in it, just that its a bears cut auto!!! that was fun to see.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    I know when they came out some were selling in the $250-300 range, but I have seen a few lately sell for $125-150. I liked how this one featured most of the autograph so I was willing to pay a little bit more. It's hard to believe that someone dished out $500 (I think???) for a pack, and then forgot to add Trafton's name to the title for the auction you won! It is always nice to find a good deal on ebay.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options

as we are gentlemen here, I'm asking all to avoid this auction at all costs! image

thanks Rocke!

• Options
    Good luck Jim!
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    Jim,

No Problem, I do hope you win. LOVE that "Nothing to see here cartoon" VERRRRY Funny !!! Also, I had mentioned a few weeks ago about a guy I know here in Canton that had consigned a 1963, 1964, and 1965 Football Hall of Fame Program to MastroNet auction. You can't bid yet, but the upcoming auction is now available for preview. The programs are listed in the Football sub-heading ( 64 ) items, and it is lot # 1071. A total of 58 autographs in the three programs including ALL of The Four Horsemen of Notre Dame and Curly Lambeau.

Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • Options
    jim,

how can we avoid the auction if we dont know which one it is?? we might stumble upon it by error and bid!!

jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Hello Jay

I don't know what happened, but a Post that I had made, in which I told Jim about an auction which had an item that I thought would be of interest to him, The ENTIRE Post has disappeared !!!! Since I don't know if it's possible for a "Poster" to make another Post disappear, I will just say that it is a Lot in the Current "American Memorabilia" in the Football catagory that is what I was talking about. I am afraid to re-post the Lot #, I would prefer to let Jim Post the Lot #. I hope that I haven't caused any sort of problem. All I was trying to do was help a fellow collector with an autograph that was of interest.

Rocke Sweaney
  • Options
    Hello all,

Jim, I saw something on the www.americanmemorabilia.com auction website that you may be interested in. It is Lot # 138. It is a team signed 1948 Cleveland Browns autograph book that includes signatures from TWO of your "Most Wanted List" Warren Lahr, and Ed Sustersic. If you decide to go after it, Let me wish you "Good Luck"Rocke

It is still there. If I was able to "poof" other posts I would be much more valuable to this forum than I already am!

And for what it's worth, I was just joking about no one bidding. If you want it go for it, just sell the sustersic to me after you win!

Jim

• Options
    Some grades popped!

1 1 14207781 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2006 ULTIMATE COLLECTION ULTIMATE SCRIPTS USCJE JOHN ELWAY Card US
    2 1 14207782 GEM MINT 10 2003 ULTIMATE COLLECTION ULTIMATE SIGNATURES US-BA BARRY SANDERS ULTIMATE SIGNATURES Card US
    3 1 14207783 GEM MINT 10 2005 ULTIMATE COLLECTION GAME JERSEY SIGNED AGJRS ROGER STAUBACH GAME JERSEY SIGNED Card US
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    Frank,

I've PMed you about the 97 legends cards you asked about

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    PM sent.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    KLS23KLS23 Posts: 1,581
    Jim,

You swooped in there at the last minute and outbid me on that Bill Osmanski 3X5. That will teach me to use an auction sniping program:}. Nice pickup.

Ken
  • Options
    revmoranrevmoran Posts: 398 ✭✭
    Another sample of Turk Edwards - this from a 1942 matchbook
  • Options
    I have couple cards for sale if anyone is interested:

PSA/DNA Autos:
    1956 Topps Elroy "Crazylegs" Hirsch PSA/DNA 4- $75
    1988 Swell Greats Tom Fears PSA/DNA Authentic- *SOLD*
    1981 TMCA Greats Joe Schmidt PSA/DNA Authentic-$20
    1988 Swell Greats George Musso PSA/DNA Authentic - $20
    1977 Touchdown Club Cliff Battles PSA/DNA Authentic- $110
    1985 Football Immortals Weeb Ewbank PSA/DNA Authentic- *SOLD*
    1985 Football Immortals Lamar Hunt PSA/DNA Authentic- $20

Thanks,
    Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    sorry Ken,

I'll keep my eye out for another for u

Jim

• Options

<< <i>Yep those were both mine. Greg has a 55 as well, but I didn't save the scan of it. Hopefully he scanned it before shipping it off to PSA so we could see it. >>

I don't have a scan of my Turk Edwards (its still at PSA), however it looks almost identical to Reese's. I just hope it passes PSA/DNA!!!

I agree w/ Jay that there are many differences b/t the signatures. Part might be explained by time periods in which the autographs were signed...

Rgs,

Greg M.

References: