Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Official NFL HOF autograph set thread???

Comments

• tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭
    How long does it usually take to get cards on the registry ? I put some in about a month ago and they still arent showing up.

• How long does it usually take to get cards on the registry ? I put some in about a month ago and they still arent showing up.

Usually only 2-3 business days. Once you add them and they have been noted (flagged until PSA and PSA/DNA can clear them to be added), you have to go back and re-type in the cert #'s again. Than you will see them in your set. PSa doesn't notify you or anything like that. You should have to go back a few days later. If it still doesn't work, I email Cosetta (or one of the other wonderful registry crew) the cert #'s and they address the issue pretty quickly.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
    Thanks Frank !image

What do you guys use to get your image files down to 100k ??

• 2 simple fixes are to lower the file size in the Document Size box and when the "jpeg options" menu opens, adjust the bar below the image quality to low. That should help.
  • rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i tried that with baseball hof set-3 months ago lol -#s still wont go in, i have a ton of fb ones i need to get done ,if i ever get my june specail paid off lol-only 1,300$ more to go-remind me never to that again barry lol

on my 50 bowman autographed set-what do you guy do with cards, just get em slabbed with no grade, or if they are in good shape and 7-8 worthy,get em with grade,same with hof fb s that you do ttm?doesit make any diff in the price,beisdes them probably charging you more
    randy
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What do you guys use to get your image files down to 100k ?? >>

Actually, the easiest way is to merge scans of the front and back of the card together - and the combined size is smaller than an individual scan. It's non-logical, but it works like a charm! Check out the scans in my HOF auto set - all are well under 100k.

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What do you guys use to get your image files down to 100k ?? >>

I scan them at a high resolution and then reduce them. I have a cheat sheet at home for % reduction for different holders. I will post it and the software that I am using when i get home tonight.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
    I just went into Microsoft office picture manager and reduced all my pics.
    They are now in my set, Thanks for the help guys !

• Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Great looking cards, keep up the good work!

Reese
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    Did anyone see (or bid on) the Fritz Pollard 3x5 that was on ebay recently?? It was a great example of his autograph! It is only the 2nd one I have ever seen and have been looking for YEARS!!

I am going to start to save now for the next opportunity image

Rare NFL Autographs

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
    I tried to put in a bid of $1012 with 20 seconds left, but the bid had already jumped to $1525. image

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    yeah i was watching it. couldnt pull the out the old gun like favre did last night!!!
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Does anyone have a link or the auction #
    Frank,

Here's the Pollard auction:

Fritz Pollard
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Thanks Reese
    If I buy a lot of CLARK SHAUGHNESSY signed checks, is anytone interested in buying one for $50 each? There is a good chance that he's be elected to the HOF in the next several years. Let me know.

Regarsd,

Greg M.

References:
  • tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    you can get them on ebay for $10 or less (sometimes lots of 5 for $25). $50 seems a bit steep

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731

<< <i>you can get them on ebay for $10 or less (sometimes lots of 5 for $25). $50 seems a bit steep >>

Really??? 5 for $25?? The only one I see is 5 for $240.

Greg M.

References:
    I bought one for $10 about a month ago.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Thanks for the input. This guy has totally overpriced the checks. I'll pass on the deal.

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
    Greg,

Are they ever going to add the auto'd football sets that you requested? They have been sitting on the top for some time. Have they gotten back to you at all about having open ended sets or did you request specific auto'd cards.

I want to know so I can make up my mind if I want to try to request my Favre TD Receivers set or not.

Jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    All,

I'm going to submit a group PSA/DNA and 1960 to modern order the Saturday before Thanksgiving (at the Chicago Sun TImes show). For those not on my distribution list (you should already have the e-mail) please PM or e-mail me at montooth13 at yahoo.com.

Regards,

Greg M.

References:

<< <i>Greg,

Are they ever going to add the auto'd football sets that you requested? They have been sitting on the top for some time. Have they gotten back to you at all about having open ended sets or did you request specific auto'd cards.

I want to know so I can make up my mind if I want to try to request my Favre TD Receivers set or not.

Jay >>

Jay,

Here is Cosetta's response. It looks like I'll have to quit my day job to come up with a list of cards for the set???

Greg M.

Hi Greg,

I wanted to follow up and inform you that we will be able to load the Heisman Trophy Winners Autographed set, just as soon as we receive a list of autographed cards applicable to this set that PSA has graded to date.

Also, the same holds true for the following sets;

All-Time Dolphins Autographs Football

All-Time Great Quarterbacks Autographs Football

All-Time NFL 75th Anniversary Team Autographs Football

All-Time NFL Defense Autographs Football

All-Time NFL Receivers Autographs Football

All-Time NFL Rushers Autographs Football

We last corresponded about the parallel All-Time sets back in July. Please see attached email for reference. We would need the same for the All-Time sets; a list of auto cards PSA has graded to date. The All-Time Auto sets will mirror what is currently online, but will require any autographed card instead of a specific card.

Thank You,

Cosetta Robbins

References:
    so it sounds like one baically has to have the set complete before requesting it. but also that they would still allow any auto'd card there after. was that your impression as well??
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • The standard procedure when requesting a new set is to post 5 cert #'s of cards that have already been graded for that set. Could that be what Cosetta needs? The only other way I could see to attempt starting this set, is to search the PSA/DNA or PSA database and find at least 1 card of every player in the set that has already been graded.
    For instance, with the ALL-Time NFL rushers set, you would need to come up with a Payton auto, J. Brown auto, Riggins auto etc. I am assuming the autos can be on any card and not just on their RC card.
    It's time consuming, but doable.
    I just checked out the new Sport Kings checklist to see if they had any football cuts in their new set. They released 10 Sammy Baugh cuts!?!? For $400-500 per pack, you would think they could do better than that! Sammy was one of the greatest ever, but his signature isn't rare or expensive plus he is still alive. I just don't get it.

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Does anyone know anything about 2007 UD Premier. I can't seem to find a checklist, but I came across this during my daily search.

Red Grange Auction

Front:

Back:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

<< <i>so it sounds like one baically has to have the set complete before requesting it. but also that they would still allow any auto'd card there after. was that your impression as well?? >>

Jay,

I think you're right. I started tonight trying to search for players in the population report - but it doesn't work! I have no idea how I'm suppose to search for cert numbers if the search function doesn't work. Can someone else see if they can search for all cards for a particular player?

Regards,

Greg M.

References:

<< <i>The standard procedure when requesting a new set is to post 5 cert #'s of cards that have already been graded for that set. Could that be what Cosetta needs? The only other way I could see to attempt starting this set, is to search the PSA/DNA or PSA database and find at least 1 card of every player in the set that has already been graded.
    For instance, with the ALL-Time NFL rushers set, you would need to come up with a Payton auto, J. Brown auto, Riggins auto etc. I am assuming the autos can be on any card and not just on their RC card.
    It's time consuming, but doable. >>

Frank,

That's what I'm thinking of doing. As stated in my prior post, I tried to seach for a player in the Pop report but it doesn't work. I searched for Bronko Nagurski and the only card that came up was his Candy Lids card...wtf?

Greg M.

References:

<< <i>I just checked out the new Sport Kings checklist to see if they had any football cuts in their new set. They released 10 Sammy Baugh cuts!?!? For $400-500 per pack, you would think they could do better than that! Sammy was one of the greatest ever, but his signature isn't rare or expensive plus he is still alive. I just don't get it. >>

About 9 months ago, I bought a 12 card lot of 1991 ENOR Sammy Baugh cards that are auto'd for $50. I hate to say it, but I'm saving them for when he passes. Baugh autographs are a dime a dozen.

I still have no idea why the card companies won't release cut autographs of the tough to find autographs. I hope that National Treasures releases another previously impossible card in the 2007 series.

Greg M.

References:
  • rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i wish theywere a dime a dozen on50 bowman cards, i need one lol
  • I searched for Bronko Nagurski and the only card that came up was his Candy Lids card...wtf?

What I meant was you would have to find the the auto card raw (or graded, even better). Than once you know what the card is, you can check PSA pop report to see if it has been graded already. From that point I don't know how you can find a cert #. I can't think of an easier way to do it.

<< <i>

<< <i>so it sounds like one baically has to have the set complete before requesting it. but also that they would still allow any auto'd card there after. was that your impression as well?? >>

Jay,

I think you're right. I started tonight trying to search for players in the population report - but it doesn't work! I have no idea how I'm suppose to search for cert numbers if the search function doesn't work. Can someone else see if they can search for all cards for a particular player?

Regards,

Greg M. >>

Greg,

Check out HOF auto sets for cards. Many of the alltime players are also HOFers. Some arent but many are. Those that arent are probably on our list of future HOFers.

When you get a chance to do a search let us know what players you are missing. I am sure most of us could probably help you out.

Jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    Greg and others,

I just checked the composition of the all time auto sets that you (greg) wants to add compared to the already up all time sets.

For defense all members except those that have not be eligible for the HOF are already in the HOF. Which means you probably already have those cards.

For the all time QB set, Stabler is the only one that may not get into the HOF, Favre and Manning are locks.

For the Rec. set, its a little more cloudy. Monk, Ellard, Fryar, and J Smith are close. Harrison, Owens, Bruce should be in for players active. Reed, Rice, Carter and Brown are near locks.

For rushers set, same as rec set. Anderson, Watters, Dillon and James (did he just squeak in this set) will probably be on the outside looking in. George and Barber maybe on the fence, the others are in do doubt.

For 75th set, all are in or will be (woodson, rice) except Ray Guy and Billy White Shoes Johnson.

I think a review of your HOF auto cards will net you all that you need except what has been mentioned in this post. Stabler, Guy are in the 97 Legends. Anderson might be in an all time Fav's set, but should also have a Ring of Honor Card. Monk, Ellard, Fryar, Watters and Dillon not sure of a regular issue auto. The rest there should be available.

So you should be on your way to have them enter the sets. Let us know if we can help you with a cert number/spec number.

Jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    I have slabbed Bruce, Reed and J Smith Autos. Ellard are out there raw in Proline and a Topps set. Fryar has some as well, post 1997. So recievers are out there.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    Watters, Dillon and James all have auto cards issued post 1997. So rushers are set, just need to see if any are graded.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    There are also post 97 Johnson autos as well. A legendary auto from 05 or 06. And a topps fan fav's. Pop report has an 04 UD Leg. Legendary Sig slab in 9.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    Search engine for Pop Report sucks. Type in favre and you only get 2 cards???? There are over 1500 in the master set already.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's

<< <i>Search engine for Pop Report sucks. Type in favre and you only get 2 cards???? There are over 1500 in the master set already. >>

Jay,

I figured out the trick. First you have to click a set and then you search all cards for the player. Strange, but it works.

Greg M.

References:

<< <i>About 9 months ago, I bought a 12 card lot of 1991 ENOR Sammy Baugh cards that are auto'd for $50. I hate to say it, but I'm saving them for when he passes. Baugh autographs are a dime a dozen.

I still have no idea why the card companies won't release cut autographs of the tough to find autographs. I hope that National Treasures releases another previously impossible card in the 2007 series.

Greg M. >>

Well, one of those Sammy Baugh Sport kings is on ebay. At least the signature fits in the space. LOL

Sammy Baugh Cut
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Very lame. What are the other football cut autographs?

Greg M.

References:
    Thats it, lol- 10 Sammy Baughs

Would it not have made sense to have Jim Thorpe, Red Grange, and Knute Rockne since they were in the original Sport Kings set? Again, I don't understand the logic used here. For 300-400 per pack, they could have done much much better.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    I had a sub pop:

1 07291637 1997 LEAF REPRODUCTION 23 SID LUCKMAN PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 9
    2 07291638 1997 TOPPS HOF CLASS 4 MIKE WEBSTER PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 8
    3 07291639 1997 TOPPS STARS 7 RAY NITSCHKE PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 9
    4 07291640 1977 FLEER TEAM ACTION 63 SUPER BOWL VII PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 6ST
    5 07291641 1979 TOPPS 60 LARRY LITTLE PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 8

The 1977 Fleer Team Action card was signed by George Allen. I requested NO Qualifiers, but it recieved the ST. If I sent it back, would it recieved a 4 or 5?

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    And another one popped. These were my freebies:

1 08243805 2005 TK LEGACY B83 DANTE LAVELLI OHIO STATE SIG. SERIES 8
    2 08243806 2005 TK LEGACY B56 JIM PARKER OHIO STATE SIG. SERIES 7
    3 08243807 2002 TK LEGACY MGB4 DAN DIERDORF MICHIGAN-GO BLUE AUTO. 8
    4 08243808 2001 SP AUTHENTIC JS JUNIOR SEAU SIGN OF THE TIMES 10
    5 08243809 1999 DONRUSS CHRIS CARTER PRIVATE SIGNINGS 8
    6 08243810 2003 TOPPS PRISTINE ASEWR WILLIE ROAF ALL-STAR ENDORSEMENTS 9
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Two new ones for me !

Reese,

Nice grades - congrats!

Tennessee,

Beautify cards....did you buy them already slabbed?

Greg M.

References:
    Thanks Greg,

I'm working on another as we speak. I'll get the paypal payment to you as soon as I'm done.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Yes, I bought those two already slabbed. I paid less than the price of authenticating them so I figured why not. i am building up quite a nest of raw TTM's, I will have to send some in soon. Anyone trade many auto's ??

• Speaking of cards I need to submit, Here is a raw one I won tonight for $2.99.........