Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Official NFL HOF autograph set thread???

Comments

• Options
    Hah! That was on my Christmas list...I didn't get it. As usual I'll have to do my own Christmas shopping this year. And I was especially good too!

Plenty of excellent additions to members collections this year as usual! Looking forward to seeing what 2015 brings to everyone .
    I came close to checking off a couple of HOF ers, but am still at 10. Well, 11. Strahan.But that's ok, I manage to complete a Championship squad or two and it was the year of the signed RC!
    Would like to hear what was everybody s favorite pickup of the year
    Btw raiderguy : Will get together some items and PM you on the PSA submission.

Here's wishing everyone a safe & Merry Christmas !
  • Options
    CatmanCatman Posts: 267 ✭✭
    My pickups were no where in the area of most of you guys but thanks to Raiderguy10 (Derrick) I picked up a Len Ford. I also picked up a 65 full Hall of Fame game ticket and a 77 to improve my ticket collection. I have everyone including the two toughest a PSA Mint 9 1962 ticket and a 1970. I'm down to needing 13 or 14 for my HOF collection. I also picked up a nice Typed letter signed by Don Coryell. Merry Xmas to everyone and a healthy and prosperous new year.
  • Options
    cfhofercfhofer Posts: 258 ✭✭
    Merry Christmas guys. Hope we all can cross a few off our wantlists during the coming year.
  • Options
    raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭
    Still waiting for jsa to show off my pickup 😡
    Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Options
    Yes- let's see. Close out the year in style...!
  • Options
    Merry Christmas to everyone - I'm waiting on PSA to return this ticket - hope it's a winner! Best Wishes for 2015!

Favorite pick up of 2104

• Options
    I can post what will come since it won't make it by year end. This was jsa certified and Jeffrey made the custom of course. Normally I'm a psa guy but rather than spend $250 for psa to slab it, I chose the $20 bgs fee (although I did spend $10 more to have the autograph graded).

Merry Christmas everyone.

Also have this one being made as well

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I can post what will come since it won't make it by year end. This was jsa certified and Jeffrey made the custom of course. Normally I'm a psa guy but rather than spend $250 for psa to slab it, I chose the $20 bgs fee (although I did spend $10 more to have the autograph graded).

Merry Christmas everyone.

Also have this one being made as well

image >>

HOLY CRAP! That's a century worth of Christmas!
  • Options
    I love the Bidwell. Congrats.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    Very cool pieces. Congrats!
  • Options
    Love the Bidwell, Joe. When did you pick up this beauty? Happy New Year all, make that a healthy New Year also!

Craig
  • Options

<< <i>Love the Bidwell, Joe. When did you pick up this beauty? Happy New Year all, make that a healthy New Year also!

Craig >>

Not mine Craig, its Derrick's. The photos were reposted in the quote. On another matter, 6-10, but Odell may have saved Coughlin and Reese's fannies for another year.....
  • Options
    FYI, my Luckman photo that came back inconclusive from JSA, with Jimmy himself weighing in, just failed PSA as well.
  • Options
    Rarely do I have expectations for our Giants, but I am looking forward to 2015. I can't wait for Eli to Beckham, Cruz and Randell. Build the defensive line and linebackers with a new defensive coordinator? See how free agency and the draft goes and I have a good feeling about the Giants and 2015! Still love Derrick's Bidwell. Some day?
  • Options
    BigRed7BigRed7 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    For the Hall of Fame Collectors out there, here is a great set in the upcoming Huggins and Scott Auction.

Rocke is offering his #16/100 Goal Line Art Gold Set.

http://hugginsandscott.com/cgi-bin/showitem.pl?itemid=81354
  • Options

<< <i>For the Hall of Fame Collectors out there, here is a great set in the upcoming Huggins and Scott Auction.

http://hugginsandscott.com/cgi-bin/showitem.pl?itemid=81354 >>

As they say, Bid Early,Bid Often!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>For the Hall of Fame Collectors out there, here is a great set in the upcoming Huggins and Scott Auction.

As they say, Bid Early,Bid Often! >>

Joe,

I know you and Rocke have tried to keep track, How many of these sets do you believe are unbroken?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

As they say, Bid Early,Bid Often! >>

Joe,

I know you and Rocke have tried to keep track, How many of these sets do you believe are unbroken? >>

I have 49 by my count, but I haven't been paying attention of late.
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    hi
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    Hunt Auction has an amazing Pollard signed photo listed. Hope someone here picks it up.

Cheers

Mark
  • Options
    The consignor is an antique dealer from PA who had it listed on Ebay in early July opening bid $1500, BIN $2500. Almost made a bid but he had no knowledge of JSA or PSA when I asked if I could return it if it flunked either one. Should have just bought it and let Paypal back me up if it flunked. He decided to drive it to Hunt's. Hunt had it on display at the National after JSA passed it. Rod looked at it, said I should have rolled the dice....oh well. I'm already outbid a $2K....The dealer said he bought it from an African American that collected historical items related to black history.
  • Options
    Pollard's next bid needs to be $3358......
  • Options
    I won't be surprised if it sells for over $7000.
  • Options
    Me neither. And I will be haunted for not doing the BIN when I had the chance......No Guts,No Glory!
  • Options
    Did anyone here get the 1936 Packers program signed by Lambeau and Kiesling among others? It was an $8000 BIN/best offer and it sold.
  • Options
    I was watching the Packers program also and was surprised it went for only $4,000. At that price I would have gone for it.
  • Options
    There is a Joe Carr letter on eBay for only $35K. If they get close to that mine'll be up next.
    Looking for Bidwell, Mara and Ray to complete my FBHOF collection
  • Options
    UllrUllr Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    Auction spam

Listed some coach and administrator cards today. Some blue flips and raw, but most are slabbed with red flips. Nothing of interest for the regulars in this thread, but if there are any lurkers here starting a set check it out. Thanks
    collecting '67 & '75 red sox + baseball HOF autographs
  • Options
    So there have been some REALLY nice items available lately...here's hoping some members here picked them up.
    Especially the Pollard photo - a beauty ! The one that caught my eye from that auction was the early Lombardi signed card while at Fordham, along with his line mates. At any rate they were out of my price range. As is the Joe Carr letter. Funny thing about that Carr letter...I'm pretty sure I was the second highest bidder on that letter to Bert Bell about 18 years or so ago. If its the same one I lost out to a 1300. bid !I bet they will come down a little on that 35k.....
    On the plus side for me I finally caught up with a Len Ford signature . There were a couple of opportunities that fell through in the last year or so, but this puts me at 10 guys I still need !
    Well, 11 as I didn't count Strahan. Its been a year and I still haven't picked him up !
    I also completed the roster of the Super Bowl IV Chiefs in the same week . A sentimental favorite actually as it was Len Dawson and Nick Buoniconti who provided some great back story on retired players during their 'Inside the NFL " run with HBO.
    At any rate, a good start to the year for me ! image
  • Options
    I believe that is Albersheim who is listing the Carr letter. Look at what the 2 Carr letters did in Huggins and Scott and I think you have the more realistic value. The Lambeau/Keisling program sold for only $4K? You are lucky if you can get 10% of any "Make Offer", but 50%? Incredible.
  • Options
    What time /channel is today's announcement on?

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    I believe at 4:30 on NFL Network. There was not a specific listing on my Directv guide as of 2days ago. Weird, right? Just generic " Super Bowl Live " programming.

Edit* Its to be announced during the NFL Honors special on NBC but that is tape delay. Look for an announcement - live most likely , on ESPN around 3:30 - 4

Ps - I'm happy to say I was mistaken last week about the number of guys I still need. Down to single digits with 9 members left. I still need Strahan - that does put it at 10, but I'm not really going to count that...
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Seeing on Twitter that Bettis and Ron Wolf made it. Haven't found any more.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    I've also heard haley and polian. Brown better get his due, getting sick of it

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    Seau, Bettis, Haley, Shields, BROWN!!!!!, Tingelhoff, Wolf, Polian

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    As a Colts fan I'm very happy to see Bill Polian get inducted, but can't believe Marvin was passed AGAIN! Hopefully he gets the nod next year.
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • Options
    WOW!!!! Haley finally!!! Sad Warner didn't do it, maybe next year!!! But I am extremely happy about Haley!!!
  • Options
    Congrats to this year's inductees. Here is one GREAT class !
    I'm sure no one can really look at these guys and not think the Hall is represented well. All deserving - some overdue ( freaking finally Raiderguy ! ) and I'm personally glad to see Haley inducted. The Bay Area is represented pretty well.
    A little surprised Warner didn't get in. Just a little.
    And I have all these guys so even better ! image
  • Options
    wju2004wju2004 Posts: 127 ✭✭
    I honestly can't say I'm surprised by Warner not getting in. I really just did not see him at first ballot material. More surprised by Pace not getting in than Warner.

And finally happy to see Bettis get in. I just might have to make the trip for a day or two this year. Wish I had the cash right now for even the Bronze package, but sadly, I just do not right now. I might see about getting tickets for the induction ceremony and then for the autograph sessions. The game is nice and all, but not really why I want to go, of course.

Sadly, I am missing quite a few of this glass. (Thanks to Derrick for the Polian, though.) Just need to find a Tingelhoff from 06 UD Legends and a Haley from Proline, then it's just a waiting game as usual. I am still waiting to get Humphrey and Williams from last year, but once Panini releases the class from last year like they do every year, I will be able to cross those two off my list.
  • Options
    CatmanCatman Posts: 267 ✭✭
    I'm surprised about Pace, I figure he will be in next year. Thanks to Derrick I have my Polian and Wolf. The only one I still need for this class is a Shields.
  • Options
    The Fritz Pollard signed photo sold for $6500----not sure if that included the fee.
  • Options
    Bump, thread is going to fall off the page.
  • Options
    RIP Big Ed Sabol. I believe the oldest member of the Hall and pretty good signer TTM considering the glut he must have had for his signature when elected a few years ago. Myself included. Truth be told NFL Films gave moving pictures to the books and photographs of the games before my time. A big thanks Ed !

Also, a pretty comprehensive signed 1953 Bowman set is being auctioned off on ebay through Jim Stinson.
    Was wondering if it was someone on here. some very nice cards - inc. a Bob Smith card that went for 450.+ ! Clearly for specific signed set builders. I guess, I mean a 3rd year Lions player? I was looking for him for a Championship set I am working but kinda figured I was in the minority there !
    Some nice HOFers are still there..
  • Options
    Here we go again---a JSA lettered Sid Luckman GLA has been listed on Ebay by Headline Sports.....BIN $2499.99. I guess $2500 would be a marketing turn off......
  • Options

Set sold for $17,900 with buyers premium included.
  • Options
    And I'm the winner, unexpectedly. Didn't want to see Rocke "lose" his set to a dealer. Never thought my bid would hold.
  • Options
    WOOOOOW!!!!
    Contrats!!!! Great addition to your collection.
    I would loved to be able to bid, but it is certainly really above my comfort zone!!!
  • Options
    Congrats on the win JMDVM
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    Nice ! Congratulations to both of you - an outstanding pickup for JMDVM & a pretty nice realized price for you Rocke ! I'm kind of curious how many complete Gold sets are still together?
    Rocke for some reason I thought you had some insight to this . Is there a registry ?
    Anyway Joe- in for a dime in for a dollar: time to pony up an extra 2500and pick up that Luckman I know you want, LOL! Corner the market on Sids GLA' s!
    I want to know who picked up Lombardis West Point sweater...
  • Options
    Thanks for the congrats, but it wasn't my intention to win Rocke's set since I already have my own. I was trying to help him out thinking that if I did win, I'd like to sell one back to him one day, the sooner the better. Heck, I'd even trade it back to him if he was willing to give me stuff out of his collection that I need. So I'm playing the role of "pawn broker". I was in the middle of selling off some of my FB and BB card sets and using the money to upgrade my favorite sets......Guess that project will be put on hold. And if anyone would like to buy a fully graded 1961 Topps Baseball set, GPA 7.4, its yours for $11,600 shipped!