Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Official NFL HOF autograph set thread???

Comments

• Options
    wju2004wju2004 Posts: 127 ✭✭
    Hey guys. Hope all is well. Nothing really new for me. Just wanted to stop in and say hi. Not sure why, but stopped getting the e-mail updates, so almost thought it was completely dead around here anymore.

Look forward to seeing who all gets in. I've got most of the leading guys, but I am missing a few that I need to get such at Coryell and DeBartolo Jr. but in time I will get them, I'm sure.

Keep missing out on some nice Curly autos to get me down to 7, but for now, still stuck at the magic number of 8.
  • Options
    raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭
    The updates stopped when they "upgraded" the site. You need to resubscribe to get updates again.

Reminder for anyone looking to get stuff slabbed that I have a thread out there this month for another bulk submission
    Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Options
    xdvop86xdvop86 Posts: 18 ✭✭
    What do you charge?
  • Options

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Options
    CatmanCatman Posts: 267 ✭✭
    I have a quick question and stupid question how do I go about resubscribing!

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Instead of typing directly into the box at the bottom to put in a post, click the reply button under a post and the window that opens should have a subscribe to thread option
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    Anybody need a signed 1958 Andy Robustelli encapsulated and graded 5 for a mere $5000 listed as a BIN in Probstein's Ebay store???????
  • Options
    Lol.....such a deal!
  • Options
    Hey Jeffrey....I don't see that option to subscribe.
  • Options
    This is what I see when I hit reply to your most recent post...

Commissions

• Options
    What does everyone think of this years class?
  • Options
    Was glad/sad that Stabler made it in. Thought all the others were worthy, but that Dungy was the weakest on the inductees.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    I thought Don Coryell should have made it over Dungy.
  • Options
    To me......Just like last year. Two guys got in, that in my opinion, are clearly NOT HOF worthy.
    Tony Dungy....Lets see....He has a HOF running back back in Marshall Faulk. He has a Future HOF running back in Edge James. He has a HOF WR in Marvin Harrison. He has a Future HOF WR in Reggie Wayne, and he has possibly the Greatest QB of all time in Peyton Manning. And he wins the Grand total of ONE.....count 'em ONE Super Bowl. Belichick hasn't had a running back or WR ( other than Moss for one year ) that will even sniff the HOF. I can make a GREAT case for Don Coryell, Clark Shaughnessey , Buddy Parker, and a couple more, that are MUCH more deserving than Dungy. What a Joke...

Ed DeBartolo.... I have asked AT LEAST two dozen people "Tell me ONE thing, that ED did, that made the NFL Bigger, and better, than it was before he came along" I always get....Well, he owned the 49ers when they won 5 Super Bowls. Big Effing deal. He was GREAT for the 49ers. What did he do for the NFL.????? No one has told me a LEGITAMATE reason for him being elected. Obviously, living five minutes from the Hall, and having season tickets to the Browns for twenty years, I am a big Browns fan. I can make a GREAT case for Art Modell to be in the Hall. I can make a great case for Bud Adams to be in the Hall. I can make a pretty good case for William Clay Ford, or Sonny Werblin to be in the Hall. I can't give a single reason for Eddie to be in the Hall.

Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • Options
    He's alive! He's back! And with a vengeance! Rocke! And I'm here to play devil's advocate.....OK, what is the criteria for a coach to gain entrance to the HOF? Winning percentage? Longevity? Championships? Or a combo of all 3? True, Tony Dungy, with a lifetime winning percentage of .668, won only one SB with a roster full of future HOFers. But that is one more than both Marv Levy (.561) and Bud Grant (.621), who also had rosters full of HOFers and Don Coryell (.574) who never made it to a championship game. Nor should winning a SB alone mean admittance either otherwise we'd see the likes of Brian Billick and Jon Chucky Gruden getting in. We have to look at Dungy's overall body of work. In his defense, he may have had one of the best all time QBs , but Manning rarely performed up to expectations in the playoffs. And if defense wins championships, which Colts player will get a sniff of the HOF other than Freeney? If Dungy had Brady and Bellichick had Manning what would have been the outcomes?
    In regards to other coaches, why does Shaughnessy deserve consideration, for developing the T formation? Than Bill Arnsparger should be in for developing the 53 D and Buddy Ryan for the 46 D. What do you do with Coughlin (2 SBs but .540), and Flores (2 SBs)? Perhaps Buddy Parker is overlooked with 2 championships, but his overall record is diminished by his years in Pittsburgh.
    Now, what is the criteria for selecting an owner? Having a successful franchise? Advancing the well being of the league? Or a combo of both? Does being a founding owner mean automatic enshrinement? Do we know exactly what Tim Mara, Charles Bidwell, and Art Rooney contributed to the league going forward? Did they do any more or less than DeBartolo? I don't know. But what I do know, is that successful franchises have successful owners who hire the right people to make the right football decisions which means acquiring the best players. DeBartolo did that. So why should the success of the 49ers not be rewarded with his enshrinement? I turn over the floor for rebuttal.....
  • Options
    I agree with both Rocke and Joe, if that is possible? Dungy is not "worthy" and the owner criteria is a mystery. Would I have voted for DeBartolo, no! Hard to argue against any of the other inductees, all great through the mail signers, just kidding. Wonder why Dick Stanfel who was not voted in ,when a Senior finalist on 2? Prior occasions? I guess you need to die to get the extra push. See Stabler!
    On that basis Phil Simms should be inducted shortly after his passing.

Speaking of Stanfel, does anyone have an signed I/C for sale, clean and not the last year or two small and very unsteady Stanfel autograph?

Thanks,
    Craig
  • Options
    Originally posted by: GONEBATS
    I agree with both Rocke and Joe, if that is possible? Dungy is not "worthy" and the owner criteria is a mystery. Would I have voted for DeBartolo, no! Hard to argue against any of the other inductees, all great through the mail signers, just kidding. Wonder why Dick Stanfel who was not voted in ,when a Senior finalist on 2? Prior occasions? I guess you need to die to get the extra push. See Stabler!

Speaking of Stanfel, does anyone have an signed I/C for sale, clean and not the last year or two small and very unsteady Stanfel autograph?

Thanks,
    Craig

Let's hope Phil sticks around with us of a while!
  • Options
    Originally posted by: GONEBATS

Thanks,

Craig

I might actually have one...I just have to remember where I put it. I'd bought it by mistake, actually, forgetting I had a leaf cut of him already.

• Options
    I recently picked up a collection from a gentleman who was looking for a job around the NFL in the mid - 60s. I have 12 letters from NFL clubs and one from the NFL - including the original envelopes from the teams as well. Some items you guys may think are cool and possibly could help if they are legitimate or not:

One that probably would interest some Packer buffs - Verne Lewellen TLS. Any idea on value??

Papa Bear - although I suspect an autopen. Any opinions (I admit I stink at identifying them)

Pete Rozelle - believe an autopen as well

Early HOF signature:

Mr Mara:

William Clay Ford - autopen??

The I really wish you were looking for a 10 years earlier letter:

And one I believe to be ghost signed but you can chime in if you disagree:

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    Wow....Some VERY nice additions to your collection. Halas, and Rozelle DEFINITELY look good. Modell looks secretarial, Others.... I honestly don't know what their signatures looked like in the early / mid '60's.

Congrats, Derrick
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • Options
    These letters are super cool!

On a different note, does anybody else get the impression Groezinger came across as obnoxious in the view of these owners?
  • Options
    Originally posted by: DanBessette
    These letters are super cool!

On a different note, does anybody else get the impression Groezinger came across as obnoxious in the view of these owners?

There MUST have been something in his letters, that the owners didn't like. I caught that also. BUT.... Whatever it was, I don't think it could have been to bad. After all, they DID reply. I would think, if he came off ad a TOTAL A##hole, they just would have thrown his letter in the circular file, and not responded at all.

Rocke
  • Options
    Back to the letters.... Those are awesome! Especially the Halas if dude is right and it's real!
  • Options
    Very nice Derrick, I can tell you for sure the William Clay Ford is legit. He's on the class of 73 HOF Cachet I have where he was a presenter of Joe Schmidt.
  • Options
    I know the signatures "look" legit and that ink is on the paper when looking at the magnifying glass.....I just don't know how to tell if they are autopen. I don't see any streaking/ink blotches - isn't that usually what I'd look for on the Halas/Clay Ford/Rozelle??

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    I am absolutely drooling over that Rooney!
  • Options
    Time for a bump. Did any one here win the 1962 Team cards signed by George Preston Marshall (Skins), George Halas (Bears), Jack Mara (Giants)? I know who won the Dan Reeves (Rams) and it passed PSA
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: JMDVM
    Time for a bump. Did any one here win the 1962 Team cards signed by George Preston Marshall (Skins), George Halas (Bears), Jack Mara (Giants)? I know who won the Dan Reeves (Rams) and it passed PSA

it wasn't me. i would have posted for sure especially at that price for a signed marshall card. it will be interesting to see if it passes authentication.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    UllrUllr Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    I'm as good as done collecting this set but someone must be interested in this Link Lyman cut which showed up in my feed this morning.

6UAAOSwxp9W9YP8">Link Lyman

collecting '67 & '75 red sox + baseball HOF autographs
  • Options
    so will they take other leaf cut autos that have been made into cards into the set?
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    HuggyfaceHuggyface Posts: 300 ✭✭
    I have a signed George Preston Marshall type letter on Redskin stationary I'm looking to sell. The letter has full PSA/DNA certification, pm me for more details, thanks, Tim
  • Options
    UllrUllr Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    radke pop report has:
    1 2012 Leaf masterpiece graded
    2012 masterpiece pop

plus a few other Leaf releases so I would say yes they are grading them.

I added the Lyman card to my inventory and it was available to be added to my set without going through the "Report a cert that should match this composite" process.

collecting '67 & '75 red sox + baseball HOF autographs
  • Options
    Thats good to hear!!
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    I just finished my GLA signed set. I'm complete except for the Fortman and Wojo.imageimage Picked up a slabbed PSA/DNA Al Davis.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Catman
    I just finished my GLA signed set. I'm complete except for the Fortman and Wojo.imageimage Picked up a slabbed PSA/DNA Al Davis.

Hey Dave, Don't know if you know it or not, but you can cut your "NEED" list in half. There is a Wojo in the Huggins & Scott auction that just started.

• Options
    I have a friend who has Many Goal Line Art cards he is looking to sell. He does NOT have a Fortmann or a Wojo. so lets get that out of the way. MOST of the cards are of the GOLD SEAL variety.
    He has a GOLD Walter Payton, John Unitas, SID LUCKMAN, and Pete Rozelle, among MANY others. Contact me about filling your "WANT" List.
    He has about 98% of all signable cards... Almost ALL are GOLD, but he will stand behind any that are not. I have known this person for many years, and am trying o help him out.
    PM me with any questions.
    Rocke
  • Options
    Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know I am still alive. Things have been a little crazy with all sorts of things going on.

Nothing new to report other than the thought has been crossing my mind of selling off. Don't worry, if I do, I will be sure to let you guys know first. The only thing I have set aside for people if I do is some of the Packers stuff, but I am just hitting a wall at this point with collecting and it's just losing its shine. Plus...could definitely use the money to get myself in a much better financial situation than I am right now.

Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend and I'll still be haunting around, collecting or not.
  • Options
    I need some suggestions from the group. What do you use to store your slabbed index cards? I really can't find anything unless I want to pay top dollar for a nice wood case. I can't find any storage boxes anywhere. No problem in finding boxes for graded cards. If you have ideas please let me know!
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Catman

I need some suggestions from the group. What do you use to store your slabbed index cards? I really can't find anything unless I want to pay top dollar for a nice wood case. I can't find any storage boxes anywhere. No problem in finding boxes for graded cards. If you have ideas please let me know!

Expensive but decent.

http://aboxfactory.com/index.p...lboy-storage-tray.html

Commissions

• Options
    Alright guys. I am officially making the decision to sell off the largest portion of my collection.

I am keeping all Steelers, even with the smallest affiliation.

Also keeping Unitas, the Barry Sanders & likely Lance Alworth.

Also most anything in my extras, some multis and everything.

I do have a few pieces that people are looking at, but can put you in line.

I will still be lurking. Pleasure meeting all you guys.

http://smg.photobucket.com/use...ibrary/PC/HOF/Football
  • Options
    GONEBATSGONEBATS Posts: 102
    Long time no post. Down to one Goal Line , Dan Fortmann. My HOF list down to Shorty Ray, Tim Mara,Bidwell, Curley Lambeau, and Joe Carr. Any dups out there? Kept in touch with Rockey through Facebook! Joe are you out there? Class of 2016 not graph friendly! Hoping that my wife Hope stays out of the hospital, it has been a rough two years!

Happy Collecting to all!

Craig
  • Options
    Hey Dude! I'm out here. Too many distractions, and even though its close to a year since we moved to AZ, there is still much to do. I hope your wife is overcoming what she is facing. Did you get a GLA Hickerson? I refuse to get on Facebook. I don't want to be found, plus I hate Zuckerberg.......
  • Options
    I have a request that seems off topic but in some ways this is the natural place to post it. I've been restoring NFL letterheads. Taking stuff that looks like this:

and making it look like this:

Everything I've done is here.

Because some of you have been buying autographed letters you also have access to the letterheads those letters came on. If someone has a letterhead I'm missing I'd be grateful if they shared, either by PM or email (darthbrooks@gmaildotcom).

I've made 64 of them so far, most of them date from before 1980. They are big enough to print out (2,550px × 3,300px) and anyone is free to use them (If you want to sell them, please ask me/tell me first) . I'm working through the ones I've gotten from revmoran and John Staples off the 20th Century Sports Cards Marketplace Facebook group. If this is the wrong place to post this, delete the post, I'd understand. I figured that most of you have a deep interest in NFL history so this might be of interest.

Thanks for reading.

• Options
    Wanted to thank Jeffrey (alifaxwa2) for making me some more amazing customs. He's got about 15 more that'll be coming in the next few weeks that I'll share when they are done, but he started with these and sent them off to PSA for me.

First off is one that added me one step closer to completing my collection. Was a hard pill to swallow as I've never really paid what I consider retail prices for an autograph, but it was the exact kind of piece I look for to make my cards so I couldn't pass it up.

Before:

After:

Then I will be getting rid of a Lombardi check I have for this single signed piece:

And also will be trading out my McNally 1/1 for this awesome piece. Was thrilled how this looks:

Thanks again Jeffrey - can't wait for the next batch!!!

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    Derrick, those cards came out awesome and thank you for posting photos!
  • Options
    That's my favorite Blood signature of ALL time !! And/Or ...lol! Even better than "the ex vagabond". That is one beautiful card.
  • Options

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    I looked on eBay and Columbia Sports has a DVD/Media corrugated box with open handles. for about $6.00 a box. You can store quite a few 3x5" slabbed cards in a box, IMO they work perfectly. Columbia Sports Card.
  • Options
    I know a couple members here are looking for a Dr. Dan GLA to finish up their sets...there's one currently on the Bay, along with a Wojie.
    I didn't vet them or anything But thought there might be some interest.
    Another 6 -7 weeks and Veterans noms should be announced.2 Contributors & 1 player this year...any guesses?
    George Young has Been due..
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Puppeluv

I know a couple members here are looking for a Dr. Dan GLA to finish up their sets...there's one currently on the Bay, along with a Wojie.

I didn't vet them or anything But thought there might be some interest.

Another 6 -7 weeks and Veterans noms should be announced.2 Contributors & 1 player this year...any guesses?

George Young has Been due..

I know he doesn't have any momentum, but I keep wishing Gino Cappelletti would get nominated. All time leading scorer in AFL and 1964 MVP, retired as Pats' all time leading receiver. But I know that's more wishful than realistic