Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Official NFL HOF autograph set thread???

Comments

• Options
    cfhofercfhofer Posts: 258 ✭✭
    Anyone going to the National? I haven't gone since 2006 in LA. Curious if others feel it is worth the expense.
  • Options
    Joe,
    Does this mean you will be ditching the Giants for the Arizona Cards and their long history of SB victorys? Speaking of the Giants , is Arizona a fireworks state? Oh, Is your green card up to date? Hope your move was smooth! Waiting for my 2015 Goal Lines to be returned from CSA show. No HOF this year, looking to 2016.

Craig
  • Options
  • Options
    raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭
    Rev pm sent.

I see Jeffrey listed some hof weekend induction passes for sale in the bst section for anyone interested. Sure wish I could see Tim brown finally get elected!!
    Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Options
    Sorry my snafu!

• Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Joe,
    Does this mean you will be ditching the Giants for the Arizona Cards and their long history of SB victorys? Speaking of the Giants , is Arizona a fireworks state? Oh, Is your green card up to date? Hope your move was smooth! Waiting for my 2015 Goal Lines to be returned from CSA show. No HOF this year, looking to 2016.

Craig >>

Hi Craig! Move went OK. long drive 2335 miles. Loving AZ! Yes fireworks are legal and I understand the Cards are trying to trade for JPP......HA! What a moron! I'm still a G-Man fan, still setting up my Giants Man Cave. I'm going to Canton. Will be shooting the induction, but not the game. I missed CSA.
  • Options
    wju2004wju2004 Posts: 127 ✭✭
    Hey guys! Just got back from Hawaii. (Took my 93 year old grandfather who hadn't been there since 1942.)

I will not be going to the National this year, obviously, since most of my free money went to Hawaii of course. I do hope to go next year. I had hoped to go to the Chantilly show, but of course I was in Hawaii, but Stallworth cancelled anyhow.

As for the induction, I will be there. Two of my friends are going and invited me along. We are sitting in the cheap seats, but at least I'll be able to be there to see Bettis be inducted. I guess we're heading to the Tilted Kilt after, from what I was told. lol
  • Options
    I just have a minute, but wondering if anyone here won the Charles Bidwill letter ??? I am guessing that at least one person here was a serious bidder.
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • Options
    WOW..... What's going on ???? Charles Bidwill sells for 39,000.00 and nobody has anything to say ????
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • Options

<< <i>WOW..... What's going on ???? Charles Bidwill sells for 39,000.00 and nobody has anything to say ???? >>

What letter? What auction? Been out of the loop the past 6 weeks. Details, please! Geez if I hadn't bought a Gold GLA set, I might have made a bid---HA!
  • Options
    A staggering amount of greenbacks to pay for a Bidwell, even in a letter format. What makes it more difficult to swallow, is that Bidwell is a want and need for me and I suspect the majority of those collectors on this thread!

DOES ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE A GOAL LINE BINDER AND PLASTICS FOR LESS THAN 39K? Tried Goal Line Art and they have none!

Rockey and group that are heading to Canton, have a great Induction weekend! Hope to see you all in 2016?

Craig

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>WOW..... What's going on ???? Charles Bidwill sells for 39,000.00 and nobody has anything to say ???? >>

What letter? What auction? Been out of the loop the past 6 weeks. Details, please! Geez if I hadn't bought a Gold GLA set, I might have made a bid---HA! >>

Leland's Auction that ended Friday night. And MANY of us on this thread know, and have met the seller...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

What letter? What auction? Been out of the loop the past 6 weeks. Details, please! Geez if I hadn't bought a Gold GLA set, I might have made a bid---HA! >>

Leland's Auction that ended Friday night. And MANY of us on this thread know, and have met the seller... >>

Who dat?
  • Options
    GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    The crazy part about the Bidwell letter is it wasn't even football content. Still the quality and placement of the auto was really good. Rocke was that one of Rod's ? -Nathan
    Nathan Wagner
  • Options

<< <i>The crazy part about the Bidwell letter is it wasn't even football content. Still the quality and placement of the auto was really good. Rocke was that one of Rod's ? -Nathan >>

No...It was NOT one of Rod's. He still has TWO Bidwells.

The former owner is currently setup in Chicago at the National. He has been a Mainstay also at Chantilly since the beginning. Often being within about 30 feet of Joe's table.
  • Options
    Touchdown treasures?
    Nathan Wagner
  • Options
    Just a couple days til induction time. I will just be up there for the induction and then heading back home that night. (Thankfully a pretty short drive overall.)

Also, probably be heading to Chantilly for the first time in October. Always wanted to go, plus have a few friends who go all the time. I am finally going to add John Stallworth to my Steelers HOF Helmet.
  • Options

<< <i>Touchdown treasures? >>

No....

Oh Well..... My Favorite autograph dealer in Chantilly, Mr. Phil. image
  • Options
    revmoranrevmoran Posts: 398 ✭✭
    I had to break open the piggy bank but was excited to buy this ball in the Heritage auction - from the 1930 game between the Giants and the Notre Dame All Stars for the benefit of the Mayor's Unemployment Fund (see my website article)

I don't have it in hand yet but autographs I see from the Pro Football Hall of Fame include Tim Mara, Steve Owen, Benny Friedman, and Ken Strong. Three or Four Horsemen are on there as is Mayor Jimmy Walker and last but not least, Hap Moran - I think I'll discover more when I can examine it up close -
  • Options
    Oh. MY.
    How did I miss seeing this?
    Minor thought on a HA Auction from last month or so...
    one item I wanted. set aside funds. Had the day off. Time came to bid....and I couldn't figure out how to place a bid on my tablet ! Could just sit and watch it go to one lone bidder. Ugh.
    This is truly a museum ball Rev. congrats!
  • Options
    That is an absolute beauty! I had to let a piece go tonight as I just didn't have the cash to win it...and didn't feel like pulling out a cash advance.

On a side note...once I get my two new pieces I did get today, I will officially be down to 8.
  • Options
    Fantastic piece Mike. Curious why Heritage didn't list Mara or Owen as signers. Elmer Layden signed it at least once (maybe twice). The description states Crowley signed it (can't find it in your pics). The other two are easily seen. So this ball is likely signed by all four of the horsemen.

Congrats on a great pickup.

Mark
  • Options
    On the last major item I bought before the football, the Giants signed 1933 Championship program, the seller also failed to list the Tim Mara signature - a mystery to me. And on this one they did not list Jimmy Walker, the Mayor of New York - probably to my benefit, but doesn't seem due diligence. I also picked up this in the auction - in both cases I put in a bid and went to bed not thinking I would survive the extended bidding, but some collectors must have been busy at the National

• Options
    Looks like Dr. March is on there too, very nice.
    Nathan Wagner
  • Options
    A shout out to Rocke for hosting again during the HOF weekend. Always great to get together with my fellow nut cases, especially Blood Bank Bill, who never fails to ask Rocke in front of customers "are these autographs real?"
  • Options
    CatmanCatman Posts: 267 ✭✭

<< <i>A shout out to Rocke for hosting again during the HOF weekend. Always great to get together with my fellow nut cases, especially Blood Bank Bill, who never fails to ask Rocke in front of customers "are these autographs real?" >>

• Options
    Now that I've had a chance to really examine it here's who signed the 1930 ball described in a previous post - the ND is Notre Dame, the NYG is New York Giants and others are described as best I know

Hunk Anderson ND, Dale Burnett NYG, Red Cagle NYG, Frank Cardieo ND, Jack Chevigny ND, Gene Edwards ND, Benny Friedman NYG, Butch Gibson NYG, Hal Hilpert NYG, Frank "Bill" Jones ND, Elmer Layden ND, Lou Little Offical, Tim Mara NYG, Joe Maxwell ND, Saul Meilziner NYG, Ed Thorpe Offical, Tom Thorpe Offical, Ted Twomey ND, Joe Vezie ND, James J. Walker Mayor of New York

Red Badgro NYG, Leo J. Bundy MLB Giants & Yankee's legal counsel, Glenn Campbell NYG, Les Caywood NYG, Rudy Comstock NYG, Tiny Feather NYG, Mack Flenniken NYG, Len Grant NYG, J. A. Kavanaugh MLB Giants 1929, John Law ND, Jack Lenz Announcer at Yankee Stadium, Dr. Harry March NYG, Frank J. McCarthy ND '25 lawyer later VP PRR, Hap Moran NYG, George Murtagh NYG, Bill Owen NYG, Steve Owen NYG, K. K. Rockne ND, Len Sedbrooke NYG, Charles Stoneham MLB Giants owner, Joe Westoupal NYG, Oscar Wiberg NYG, Doug Wycoff NYG

Jack Hagerty NYG, Hinkey Haines NYG 1925-1927, Ken Strong SI Stapes

Hunk Anderson ND, Joe Bach ND, E. T. Brannick MLB Giants front office press, Frank Collins ND, Dick Connell ND, Jim Crowley ND, John Gebert ND, Noble Kaizer ND, John Law ND, Elmer Layden ND, John McManmon ND, Don Miller ND, Rip Miller ND, Tim Moynihan ND, Joe Nash ND, Albert B. Nixon NYU Director of Athletics, Dick Stahlman NYG, Harry Stuhldreher ND, James J. Tierney MLB Giants secretary, Chile Walsh ND
  • Options
    xdvop86xdvop86 Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Hey guys I don't post too often on here but I thought I would see if any of you have any autographed cards I need for trade. I currently have over 70 extra HOFer autographs with all but 3 of them being certified out of the pack. I am looking for the following autographs on a trading card. So here it goes:

Carr, Henry, Lambeau, Tim Mara, George Marshall, McNally, Thorpe, Conzelmann, Hinkle, Lyman, Chamberlain, Driscoll, Guyon, Herber, Kiesling, Owen, Ray, Bidwell, Layne, Reeves, Edwards, Neale, Christianson, Hewitt, Van Brocklin, Ford, Leemans, George Allen, Friedman, Pollard, Hickerson, Ralph Wilson, Richter, McDaniel, Shields and Polian. First choice is a certified auto but I realize most of these have very few certified cuts or cards. If you want to see a list of what I have or pictures of what I have available, send me your email and I will provide you with a link/list.

• Options
    No one has posted since Aug.31!!!!!Where is every one? Any one going to Chantilly? I'll be back in MD on some family business so I'll be there.
  • Options
    It has been pretty dead around here. I swear anytime I post that it just seems to die. Probably be January 1st before anyone posts anyone posts again now. Lol.

I am down to 8 as of right now...maybe 7 depending on how things go.

And I will be at Chantilly on Sunday. I was going Saturday too, but all my friends decided not to go, so I am visiting a friend on Saturday in Greenbelt, MD. Going mostly to be able to get Stallworth on my helmet, but be glad to meet up with anyone on Sunday if you're at the show.
  • Options
    Ill be there as Usual Joe
    Nathan Wagner
  • Options
    Hope to see you guys. Obviously I won't be set up as I'll be visiting form AZ and all my inventory will be auctioned in Huggins and Scott
  • Options
    I'm back in AZ. Adderley cancelled again due to health issues. Good to see Nate. No Rocke Chantilly sightings as he is in AZ.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    If anyone is looking for a really nice Kiesling (Perfect 10 graded auto) - I have one available..

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Options
  • Options
    Hey guys,

I recently acquired this great signed note. Marshall Newell was a 4x All-American right tackle for Harvard from 1890-93. He is one of only three players in the history of college football to be named as an All-American in all four years of collegiate play (Frank Hinkey and Gordon Brown were the other two). After graduation he was the football coach of Cornell from 1894-95. His captain for the 1894 team was Glenn "Pop" Warner. In 1896 Newell became an assistant superintendent of the Boston & Albany RR. He was tragically killed while working late at night on Christmas Eve in 1897 when a train ran over him. He was posthumously inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1957.

• Options
    Hi Derrick. If that's the one you are selling, what does the one you are keeping look like? Beautiful piece!
  • Options
    Very similar to the one I have available image although I admit it's not graded

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    I need your guy's opinion....if you had to keep one of these 2 for your PC which do you choose?

The one below is actually really clean - it looks funny because it's in a slab so the picture doesn't come out the best.

I'm stuck between them. I like all the annotations....but it almost feels too congested.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Agree about the clutter. The top one looks shaky though. If it wasn't for that, Id say the first.

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    The first one.
  • Options
    If anyone needs a Turk Edwards, I have one available that is PSA/DNA slabbed along with some other 3x5s and postcards on the Buy,sell board. PM for interest
  • Options
    Question for the group. In your opinion, who is the best auction house for a seller and why? Thanks
    Looking for Bidwell, Mara and Ray to complete my FBHOF collection
  • Options
    Depends..... How high end is the item?

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    Originally posted by: raiderguy10
    Depends..... How high end is the item?

Starts with a Carr letter then goes down from there. Basically most of the older dead guys except the 3 I'm missing.
    Looking for Bidwell, Mara and Ray to complete my FBHOF collection
  • Options
    I'm looking for a nice Wilbur 'Fats' Henry autograph.
  • Options
    Anyone heard from Rocke lately?
  • Options
    CatmanCatman Posts: 267 ✭✭
    Hey Joe, PM sent
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page