Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sweet stuff, sc. Can't wait to get one of those '40Pb's, too. It's a great portrait of CT.

Tom - love that Fenway pc and the back that makes it even more special! Thanks for taking the time to scan and share!

I've got to show these four cards here because nobody'd look at them in a separate post. image I've got a captive audience! Anyway, as I mentioned in the '80s wax break thread, I found 3 big binders of bsktbll, ftbll and bsbll cards in the Oregon Sports Museum in downtown Portland at lunch today. I asked the guy what he wanted for the 4 Elways and he said a dollar. I expected a dollar apiece (a couple had faded-out price tags of $2 each), but it was a dollar for all four. Sold! They also had a bunch of bagged '70s and '80s Sports Illustrateds in pretty good shape. If anyone is looking for a specific cover of any sport, let me know. The prices I noticed were all $5 each. >>

Hoof, Good find! Its always fun to find cards of players you really like!

Does he have any gradeable Emmitts?

Matt
  • Options

<< <i>I picked this up yesterday of off Ebay. My first game used bat. Robin Ventura.

>>

Chicago Great bat! I always liked Robin Ventura. I have a auto'd jersey of his.

matt
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Another Tiger card:

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Nice postcard Tom!

Here's a new one, 1 more card needed for the set after this!

And a pack. I wonder if PSA will cross over slabbed condoms?

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice postcard Tom!

image >>

That's an interesting concept Anthony,

Condums within a condum? I wonder if they are the "ribbed" kind?

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    In case of emergency, break glass!
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I can think of a lot of options more reliable than a pack of 50 year old condoms!

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    OK, so it's not a collectable, but it's still right on time for Football season image

Sony KLV40U100M 40" HDTV LCD Monitor
  • Options
    back from PSA;

• Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭

<< <i>Nice postcard Tom!

>>

Nice Campy. So does that Ashburn you are looking for really exist?
  • Options
    a few T206s. Sorry for large scans. Got these off a board member off ebay.

• Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    Those are some sweet looking cards for PSA 1's!
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    Nice 1's!

(oh, never apologize for large scans in this thread. I assume we've all got high speed here...especially if you're clicking on this thread...)
  • Options
    thanks! heres another one i forget to add. this one from another seller. not as sharp, but not bad for a 1. and hes a HOF'er!

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice postcard Tom!

>>

Wow! Great Campy! That's a real tough one...congrats! I now have 16 autographed Great Moments (all PSA). I dont know how far I will go with them...but I know there are a few that I still want for my collection...and the Campy is one I hope to someday find!
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭

<< <i>Hoof, Good find! Its always fun to find cards of players you really like!

Does he have any gradeable Emmitts? >>

I'm printing this post out to remind to check as soon as possible for the Emmets they have. If they're as cheap as the Elways, I'll pick them up. If there's a lot of them, I'll maybe write down the cards they have and let you pick and choose. I was happy with the condition of these Elways!

'Til later...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Hoof, Good find! Its always fun to find cards of players you really like!

Does he have any gradeable Emmitts? >>

I'm printing this post out to remind to check as soon as possible for the Emmets they have. If they're as cheap as the Elways, I'll pick them up. If there's a lot of them, I'll maybe write down the cards they have and let you pick and choose. I was happy with the condition of these Elways!

'Til later... >>

Great! I appreciate it. By the way you spelled Emmitts wrong.

My moma spelled Emmitt wrong once, ONCE! image

matt-
  • Options

<< <i>back from PSA;

image >>

FD

It looks incredible in the holder!

Great card.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Nice postcard Tom!

image >>

Anthony

When I post, I don't think the Roy card was on the post?

Very nice! Has it been authenticated?
    Congratulations on a nice pickup.
    I don't have a Roy auto card - I bid on a really nice one pre-accident - PSA/DNA but it went for more than I could afford at the time.
    thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>OK, so it's not a collectable, but it's still right on time for Football season image

Sony KLV40U100M 40" HDTV LCD Monitor
    image >>

Brian
    Great TV!

I picked up a 20" for the workout room - it mounts really easy! The one I bought also has the CD player built in - very convenient.

I'll bring the Bud!
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>I picked this up yesterday of off Ebay. My first game used bat. Robin Ventura.

image >>

Glen

Congratulations! Was it authenticated? I picked up some nice bat racks from Sports Displays.

Thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>back from PSA;

image >>

FD

It looks incredible in the holder!

Great card.
    mike >>

Agreed. Awesome card !!!
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    Very nice cards MD

They definitely look better than a 1.

I especially like the McGraw.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Just won:
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Nice Campy. So does that Ashburn you are looking for really exist? >>

Exist: yes. Available: No. There are perhaps a dozen or less that are confirmed signed. Perez-Steele issues seem to have a few notables in different series whereby an unfortunate death was only shortly after a series issuance.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Stingray, nice card. What kept it from a 10? T/B?
  • Options

<< <i>Stingray, nice card. What kept it from a 10? T/B? >>

Not sure?? Just won it so no clue. But for the price difference of a 10 and 9 I will be happy with the 9.
  • Options
    Major, Very nice T's. This is my last T206 for a while... The missus put the kibosh on my spending until Xmas time... Apparently, she believes the mortgage takes presidence.

• Options
    Came today. Will go with my next sub image

matt
  • Options

<< <i>Great! I appreciate it. By the way you spelled Emmitts wrong.

matt- >>

I sent you a PM and couldn't remember how to spell his name, so I put ESmith instead...image

Thanks for the advcanced warning!!

[edited to add:] Oooo! Nice Elway in the phone cards! Let me know if you put him up for sale!
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Very nice cards, guys. Here's another T206 for my registry:

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Great! I appreciate it. By the way you spelled Emmitts wrong.

matt- >>

I sent you a PM and couldn't remember how to spell his name, so I put ESmith instead...image

Thanks for the advcanced warning!!

[edited to add:] Oooo! Nice Elway in the phone cards! Let me know if you put him up for sale! >>

Thanks my friend!

Matt
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i> Here's another T206 for my registry >>

Very cool find. Isn't that Sleepy Bill Burns, enabler of the Series fix in '19?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> Here's another T206 for my registry >>

Very cool find. Isn't that Sleepy Bill Burns, enabler of the Series fix in '19? >>

Yes it is!!!
  • Options

My latest through the mail success story. Mr. Harry Kalas not only autographed my index, but also sent a postcard signed AND wrote me this little note. The note, of course, is the most important to me.

For those reading the note, my initial letter to Mr. Kalas was about how I grew up listening to him, how he is my professional idol, and how it would be neat to make it as a broadcaster.

-Ian
  • Options
    Just won this one!
    Always looking for 1915 Cracker Jack in PSA 7's & 8's!
  • Options
    psaman. Nice card!

Are you doig the set?

Matt
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gosteelers, Very nice Burns. Are you thinking of resubmitting that one? It has a great chance at a 6. If it does come back a 6 you stole it at that price. JMO. Joe
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭
    Just back from PSA
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options

<< <i>Gosteelers, Very nice Burns. Are you thinking of resubmitting that one? It has a great chance at a 6. If it does come back a 6 you stole it at that price. JMO. Joe >>

Joe,
    Yeah, in looking at the card, it looks really good for a PSA 5. I really don't see much wrong with it. I'm probably still scared to resubmit, though! I was a little surprised in the price I got it for, too...

Mark
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>Just won this one! >>

Your Ivie card!

This is a tough card to locate. I've been looking for some time for a well-centered PSA 10 to surface, but nada! image

Here is a pic of my PSA 9 (IMO, PSA did a poor job in grading as the L/R centering looks more like PSA 8 than a nine).

Your centering looks nicer and more like a PSA 9 than mine!

rd

• Options
    I picked these up for my set registry in the last couple of days. It sure is fun buying cards to add to the registry. I dont know why I didnt do the registry thing sooner. Although I can also see that you have to be very careful and not get carried awayimage

matt
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Matt,

2.4% complete on the Emmitt set? You have your work cut out for you. Great additions to your set.

Tom
  • Options

<< <i>Matt,

2.4% complete on the Emmitt set? You have your work cut out for you.

Tom >>

Yes I know. Heres the part where I cry about being unfocused as a collector. I collected, in the past mainly bgs cards and have a ton of Emmitts that would have went into the registry. If I collected psa back then, I would be alot closer. Now I am only purchasing psa Emmitts unless of course there is something else I cant pass up.

Matt
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    I've been piecing this set together, but got a couple of the important star cards already in 9! image

* '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    great looking Clemente Arny !!
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    ICE9ICE9 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭
    These were delivered a few months back (scanner hasn't been working):

Originally purchased off of eBay last year as a beat-up flyer advertising a Yankees autograph session at a shopping plaza in 1973. It was signed by all three particating players - Munson, Sparkey Lyle and Ron Blomberg. I submitted the Munson auto to PSA DNA.

This was purchased off of eBay in April. The first two portions are series 1 (Munson, Rose, Jackson) and the end portion is series 3 (Williams).

Mike
    "Must these Englishmen Live That I Might Die? Must They Live That I Might Die?" - The Blue Oyster Cult
  • Options
    Ice....awesome Munson auto, I am very jealous !

Mind if i ask what it set you back ?
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    ArnyVee,

I never collected the '64T Giants, but I think they've got some classic shots of some VG to Gem players! In my Senators/Twins collection, I would've like to have gotten a Killer, but the Camilo Pascual was available and I liked the shot of him.

On another subject, I PMed lawnmowerman that I couldn't find any E.Smiths at the Oregon Sports Museum (in addition to the 4 Elways I found recently). I made it back to the OSM Friday and picked up the following four -- three Marinos and a Favre...

• Options
    Proud of my new additions. First time on this thread for me =)