Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking at some great stuff tonite guys.

But NJ

That Jorge is a beauty!!!

Are you doing the set?

Superb! Superb! Superb!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Great cards guys, escpecially yours Matt image
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words, Mike.

Jorge is currently for sale on eBay. If it doesn't sell, I'll probably just hold onto it.

My boys may like to have it one day.

• Options
    Here's a couple more '75s for you, Mike:

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NewJerseyMeatHook...

Those are great looking '75's. image

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

jlbsquared - great Kemp Rookie - better eye appeal than most 9's I've seen ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Nice looking stuff Meathook, 74 Football is hard to find at that grade for sure. That was the first set football I started collecting (oops, gave away my age!).

Been a slow couple of weeks for me, but did get this:

More modern crap!

Stingray
  • Options
    Sting:

Modern, but very cool, nonetheless!
  • Options
    I know that this isn't the greatest graded 68 Rookie but it is the best that I can afford right now. I plan on upgrading it later on but just had to have one now. Sorry about the crappy scan, that card looks alot better in person.
    Steve

I am looking to build my already growing Collection of the "GREATEST PITCHER IN MLB HISTORY" Nolan Ryan, DUH!!!

I have just started to collect Autographed memorabilia that I have gotten in person.

ebay id: Scuba_steve19
    Texas5pt0@hotmail.com
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Steve, No need to talk that card down. It looks really nice. Good luck with your collection.
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭
    My first 1930's Babe Ruth card! Who knew it would be German? I bought it from a German seller. I have no clue what it is worth. I'm going to send it to PSA and see what happens!

1935 #26 D.POYNTON/B.RUTH MURATTI CIGARETTES-ZWISCHEN OLYMPISCHEN SPIELEN

edit: I know it is not that rare, but I'm hoping for at least a "fair to midland" grade from PSA?

rbd
  • Options
    this just came in the mail today, one of my favorite cards in the set!

Jeff

And did they get you to trade,
    your heroes for ghosts?
  • Options
    Thank you Matt for the encouraging words. I just wish that I could afford an 8 or 9. But I am very very happy with this one that I have now. If I ever have to sell off any of my cards then this one will for sure be the last one that I one sell.
    Steve

I am looking to build my already growing Collection of the "GREATEST PITCHER IN MLB HISTORY" Nolan Ryan, DUH!!!

I have just started to collect Autographed memorabilia that I have gotten in person.

ebay id: Scuba_steve19
    Texas5pt0@hotmail.com
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Jeff...that Speaker is an absolutely sweet looking card, nice pick up !
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options

<< <i>Jeff...that Speaker is an absolutely sweet looking card, nice pick up ! >>

Thanks! I love the attention to detail - like the dirt and wrinkles in his uniform.

Jeff
    And did they get you to trade,
    your heroes for ghosts?
  • Options
    I just had one of these today, unfortunately wasn't able to finish it. It took me and 2 other co-workers to eat it up....lol.

In-N-Out's 25x25 burgers!

Jery

PS... I feel sick!
    Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bicem...

That's a beautiful Tris Speaker card. I love the colors and the detail on the card. image

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    If anything on this board ever deserved a ST qualifier , thats it Jery image
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Jeff,
    Great card. The colors jump off my screen.
  • Options
    Is that original gloss?
  • Options
    Haven't posted in a while. I picked up this a few days ago.

I don't usually collect autograph cards but I've been looking for an O'Neill for a while. I especially like that the card is signed, not a sticker.
  • Options
    tkd7, Nice card. I always liked O'neill. Any guy that could kick a baseball from the outfield back to an infielder is okay in my bookimage
  • Options
    Great O'Neill auto! One of the hardest working grittiest ballplayers to ever don pinstripes. He was a true gamer.
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Boy do I miss my In-N-Out burgers! Always used to get mine cheeseburger 'animal' style!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    tkd7.....sweet O'neill.....love it......where did you pick it up if you dont mind me asking ?
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    bri,
    picked it up of ebay for $6.39. I haven't seen any other O'Neill autograph cards go for under $10. The card was listed as "Paul O'Neill Signature L@@K" so it may not have gotten many hits. I'm very happy with it.
    Tom
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O'Neill and Tino were so important on those championship teams - they had a lot more gamers and a lot less stars back then.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    SpahnfanSpahnfan Posts: 412 ✭✭
    Here are some scans of my last submission. I had a third Lansford in 9, but it is not as nice as these. I think there were 3 Lansfords in 9 in the pop report when I got my grades, so I think I doubled the pop 9 total. The 1986's I think are 1/1 or 1/2. There were a few other nice grades I got back, but nothing to shout about. These cards were about the best. If anyone is interested in the list of the whole 126 card submission, let me know.

Registry sets:
    1954 Topps BB
    1955 Bowman BB
    1956 Topps Super BB
    1957 Topps BB
    1969 Topps BB
    1984 Donruss BB
    1961 Fleer W.S. Pennants
    1960-62 Fleer Team Logo Decals Run
  • Options
    Jeff

That Speaker card is talking to me!!! image

I wish I was working on my set!

Maybe this summer.

Congratulations on another great card!
    Absolutely the best!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>I just had one of these today, unfortunately wasn't able to finish it. It took me and 2 other co-workers to eat it up....lol.

Jery

PS... I feel sick! >>

Jery
    I've only heard about this company - Jay aka Qualitycards says they're great! He even sent me a brochure!

BTW, I made Philly chessesteak sandwiches tonite for me and the wife - it was dinner and a movie!
    They came out really good!

thanx
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Big mailday here:

The Prior arrived a couple of days ago, but since I'm scanning, I'll add it to the pile.

I may send the Munson in to be reholdered. The front is scratched up, and the case in general makes me wonder if it may have been cracked and swapped. The card itself it pretty nice though, with better centering than I've seen on most 7's.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options

<< <i>O'Neill and Tino were so important on those championship teams - they had a lot more gamers and a lot less stars back then. >>

you got that right
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭
    Player collectors can appreciate the next few. I would send them to PSA but they will be there for 149 business days. I often wondered if I put a sticker on the back of the CS1 telling them what they are if that would speed up the odd ball process?
    1996 Topps Wall Mart ALWD Champs stamp
    imageimage
    1994 and 1997 Stadium Club Members Only box set cards....
    imageimage
    1995 Stadium Club World Series Logo - Super Team Winners -
    imageimage
    91 Donruss Preview!!!!!!!!!!and 93 Stadium Club First Day Issue
    imageimage
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    This arrived in the mail today. I picked it up raw from Ebay. It looked like a solid 8 to me - and for once I was right. image

<< image >>
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just had one of these today, unfortunately wasn't able to finish it. It took me and 2 other co-workers to eat it up....lol.

Jery

PS... I feel sick! >>

Nothing in the mail, but I felt compelled to add to this thread. As disgusting as that is from a health point of view, I can't help but find myself sitting here with my mouth watering. Looks like I'll be having cheeseburger for lunch today.
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Aww man, In-N-Out burgers are the best.. There are no in-n-out's anywhere near me image ... had one in vegas for the first time 3 years ago and loved it. Nice cards by the way everyone. image
  • Options
    This card is the capper to my '55 Red Man Set

My set is PSA 5-7 but I wanted all the Yankees in PSA 8.

Here's my set.
  • Options

<< <i>This card is the capper to my '55 Red Man Set

My set is PSA 5-7 but I wanted all the Yankees in PSA 8.

Here's my set. >>

Superb card tkd

The set is a beauty...

It's a set I like and never took the time to collect - my loss.

I will tell you - dealers overgraded those cards back in the late 80s - what they would call nmmt would not get an 8 today.

thanx for the scan
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Thanks Mike. When I get time, I want to upload all the card scans to my registry. Another great way to enjoy the cards.

Tom
  • Options
    I couldnt pass it up for $4.00 delivered.

• Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    The newest addition to my Senators (pre-1961) / Twins type set:

It's from my birthyear to boot.

Here's what the card looked like on eBay:

hh
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭
    A pick-up tonite! For all u Chicago fans on this thread:

I do not buy a ton of vintage football, but I just could not help myself! I think I need the "12 step program for hooked card hobbyists!" image

1964 PHILADELPHIA #27 BEARS TEAM PSA 10 (Anyone care to "blow-up" this scan on this thread? I would appreciate it! This scan is worth sharing with all! TIA! Bob)

rbd

edit: Oh yeah! I also picked-up a couple of wax packs:

GAI 8.5 MINT 1976 OPC BASEBALL WAX

GAI 8.5 MINT 1972 O-PEE-CHEE BASEBALL WAX (series 2)
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I've been spending totally recklessly lately and may have to enter the Stone program. Unfortunately, it's all stuff that I'm still waiting on from auction houses, but I did get this relatively tough T206 card yesterday:

imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    One of my personal favorites. Can't get sliders here in NoVirginia!

• Options

Jery

PS... I feel sick! >>

I love In-N-Out. I've got one about 10 minutes from me. A double double, lettuce tomato only and a strawberry shake......that does it.

That burger looks like it's about to attack somebody.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>

Jery

PS... I feel sick! >>

I love In-N-Out. I've got one about 10 minutes from me. A double double, lettuce tomato only and a strawberry shake......that does it.

That burger looks like it's about to attack somebody. >>

I just came back from a business trip to California, and had In-N-Out burgers twice while I was there. Thank goodness there are none near me, or I would be one fat dude.
  • Options

rbd

That team card is a work of art - team cards are a favorite of mine - FB or BB.

Now, the wax pack:

Looks like the earlier OPC is heating up?

I've got a complete box of 76OPC that I would be glad to get graded if I could sell them for that kind of dough!

Mine are really nice and the gum moves in the pack - I got them from Mark Murphy - many, many moons ago!

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    i want me one of thjem burgers..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Mucky

Sweet Mantle card! I have a set in Ex - the Mantle has a crease - I'm putting the star cards in a frame - that's how crappy they are - but I like the set!

Jack

Nice Griffey bunch. And BTW, I haven't forgotten you on the Griffey Fanfest set - just haven't found them yet.

Sean

Very nice pick ups! Nice Griff auto card. I think I must be the only left who doesn't have that Munson card!

Matt

I agree - nice Emmitt for the $ - but keep in mind, you can go broke saving money - I did. image

Hoof

Nice card - are you gonna have it graded?

thanx for sharing guys
    mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>I've been spending totally recklessly lately and may have to enter the Stone program. Unfortunately, it's all stuff that I'm still waiting on from auction houses, but I did get this relatively tough T206 card yesterday:

image >>

Steve
    Very nice pickup - I especially like the Polar Bear back!

Here's another of his card from the T3 set:

He was traded in 1910 from NY to Boston.

And then to Philly the next year.

So, you have the updated card.
    mike
    Mike