Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Speaking of horizontal T206's. I just got this one today:

image,image
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian

Congrats on picking up a hard to find 65T card! Very nice.

Nice card GoSteelers!

That's how I like my cards and women...

Horizontal!

Mike
  • Options
    Bosox

Nice lineup card - 4/21/70 - they played the Royals and beat them 4-3.

After that game they were in 4th place in the west.

Notice Reggie was batting 7th.

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Picked this up fairly cheap, #13/25

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭
    Another PSA 9 Griffey in the box yesterday!
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Sand, that Jimmy card is sweet! What did it go for?

Matt
  • Options
    seller had BIN for 199, I offered 89 and he took it...
  • Options
  • Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    Here is my first humble contribution to this KICK BUTT thread! image

Sorry about the long scan! I paid 45 plus shipping recently for this on Ebay. Not sure if it was a good deal or not, but with all those HOF'ers how could I go wrong?

Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭
    After several times being outbid on this tough low pop I decided to send in my raw copy even though I wasnt too confident it would grade well due to centering.I only payed a couple bucks for this one raw.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭
    I am not too good at this scaning stuff.I will try again.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    "It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning."
    - Calvin
    "Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?"
    - Hobbes
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭
    got to say, this is one of the most exciting purchases I've done, from out of the country. Card are from Germany, and are over 70 years old! And look just spectacular! They are non-sports cards, but the scans are so beautiful, i just had to post it here for all of you to see! Do not click "larger picture", just scroll down and enjoy! I someone wants to reproduce the beautiful, large, clear scans, be my guest!

295 Fantastic Embossed Cards Film Movie Stars 1934

enjoy these scans! cards are beauties!

rbd
  • Options

<< <i>got to say, this is one of the most exciting purchases I've done, from out of the country. Card are from Germany, and are over 70 years old! And look just spectacular! They are non-sports cards, but the scans are so beautiful, i just had to post it here for all of you to see! Do not click "larger picture", just scroll down and enjoy! I someone wants to reproduce the beautiful, large, clear scans, be my guest!

295 Fantastic Embossed Cards Film Movie Stars 1934

enjoy these scans! cards are beauties!

rbd >>

Those look incredible!

I may have said this...MorrellMan collects this kind of stuff and has some tremendous stuff also.
    Perhaps he'll see this and comment. He knows way more about it than I do.

I think the German printing of movie stars during this era is better than anything I have ever seen!

Congratulations on a great pick up rb.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RB:

Nice color and subject matter!

I bought a super high grade set of 1935 Gallaher Film Partner cards (PSA 7,8,9's) a while back that I may sell off, but they are a little smaller than those that you bought. Great pick up - along with the other album you got.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rbdjr1...

Those are beautiful cards. I've never seen colors so bright. Great pick up.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    Just returned from the Fort Washington show and met some great board members there. I don't remember all their names, so I don't want to insult anyone by forgeting them so I will just say thanks to all for a great time at the show and the great dinner chat after the show. I had the best time of any card show I've ever been to. Thanks to all.

Donato

Here's one of my pickups. A 1970-71 Pete Rose Action Cartridge Box that held a Super-8-mm film cartridge.
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

• Options
    Donato

That's why I like the German printers - here's what's more typical for the British cigarette companies if you haven't picked up any of this kind of stuff.

mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Just returned from the Fort Washington show and met some great board members there. I don't remember all their names, so I don't want to insult anyone by forgeting them so I will just say thanks to all for a great time at the show and the great dinner chat after the show. I had the best time of any card show I've ever been to. Thanks to all.

Donato

Here's one of my pickups. A 1970-71 Pete Rose Action Cartridge Box that held a Super-8-mm film cartridge.
    >>

Very Nice Donato!

I like them, as I do the candy boxes.

I almost bought a complete set with the film still in it a while back.

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    This just showed up at my door today.....

"The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    Bri...

Nice LT...image

Donato

• Options
    Bri

Superb LT! A blazer!

Did you get that on ebay?

And now for the mail...

Got this today from Matt - the Mow

Very generous of Matt - I don't have the Ryno or the very rare and coveted Matty-Emmitt ? card! image

Thanx Matt!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I picked it up on ebay for $5......they only had 1989 lawrence taylor in the description so it slipped through the cracks
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Bri

Superb LT! A blazer!

Did you get that on ebay?

And now for the mail...

Got this today from Matt - the Mow

Very generous of Matt - I don't have the Ryno or the very rare and coveted Matty-Emmitt ? card! image

Thanx Matt!
    mike >>

image I like to do my part and recycle responsibly image

Matt
  • Options
    This was a major pick-up for me. I'm quite happy. Has a corner crease, lower right and edge wear. But the registration and background are strong.

Nick
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    It's pretty imtimidating seeing the nice stuff you guys get, then looking at what my mailman brought.

I got these because they're different. Never saw them before. They're cheap but they're still fun to look at!

I was happy to find this set, it was on ebay and not described well so it was cheap. Lombardi, Campanella, Kaline, Pee Wee Reese and some others. I'm a Packers fan so I wanted the Lombardi and the Jerry Kramer.

This guy lived a couple blocks from me and was a decent guy. There's only 4 9s of his rookie, this has bad centering but it's easy on the eyes.

The Giants win the Pennant!

It sure is nice to see cards I can never afford, you guys find some nice ones!
  • Options
    jad22jad22 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    That is a nice looking Cobb.
  • Options
    Susquehanna...

That's a beautifully centered Cobb. The crease is not that big of a distraction because the colors on the card make it very presentable.
    Congrats on the pick up.

Donato

• Options
    Thanks Donato. Wanted one for a long time. When your on a budget, it is always a question of what concessions are you willing to take.

Nick
  • Options
    Susquehanna....really nice Cobb...great pick up !
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the Cobb and the Packers Etching.

Bought these two SGC's with hopes of crossing over and up; But, not as confident now that I've seen them. The Locke is a very, very tough 8 - but I hoped it might yield the first 9 - but no chance. Willie is nicely centered and quite brilliant - still very nice.

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭
    Here's another interesting and beautiful 275 card Film Stars set from Germany! Circa 1930's!

275 Card Set!

rbd
  • Options

<< <i>I picked it up on ebay for $5......they only had 1989 lawrence taylor in the description so it slipped through the cracks >>

Wow!

Nice one.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Bosox1976...

I agree it will be very difficult for a PSA 9 crossover, but VERY nice cards none the less.

Donato

• Options
    rbd...

Very beautiful cards for less than $1.00 apiece. Nice pick up.

Donato

• Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    That Cobb is really nice. Great addition to your collection.
  • Options
    Nick

Very nice Cobb!

I don't own one and will eventually - actually mine will be a T3 - so I better start saving now!

thanx for sharing!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Jim

Could you tell me more about the auto ball?

Who else has signed it? Looks old.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jim

mike >>

If you meant my ball, it's just Ralph Branca and Bobby Thomson. I saw it on ebay and was buying other stuff anyway, so I bid. It's a Bobby Brown official american league, and it was shellacked way back when. I think Brown was AL president from maybe 1985 to 1995 so it was probably signed sometime in there.

That's all I know about it, sigs look good. I didn't get a COA and didn't worry about that. I think it was cheap at $15.50.

If you weren't asking about mine I'm sorry for boring you image
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I picked it up on ebay for $5......they only had 1989 lawrence taylor in the description so it slipped through the cracks >>

DOH, wish I would have caught that one!!

Stingray
  • Options
    Recieved these in yesterdays mail

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    A few new purchases...
    I really believe this Ford is a PSA 9 oc...its incredible

A great example of buy the card, not the holder...I did well with this Snider

The Mantle is one of the best I have ever seen...the 1961 Batting Leaders is so sharp it's scary..and I couldnt resist the Kaat and 63 Yaz!
  • Options
    great pick ups yankeeno7. Did you get that whitey from ebay ? It looks like one I had on watch.
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    I had it on watch for 2 months also...finally pulled the trigger...TNT Collectibles in Pittsburgh, PA

I know PSA 7s go for less than what I paid..but none of them seemed to be high quality 7s even centered. I took the chance this one would look like a 9oc and I got lucky. The centering doesnt bother me on this card.
  • Options
  • Options
    nice card Meathook...........must suck when your brother is one of the finest and most beloved players of a generation and all you will ever be remember for is your card with a curse on it !
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Jim

mike >>

If you meant my ball, it's just Ralph Branca and Bobby Thomson. I saw it on ebay and was buying other stuff anyway, so I bid. It's a Bobby Brown official american league, and it was shellacked way back when. I think Brown was AL president from maybe 1985 to 1995 so it was probably signed sometime in there.

That's all I know about it, sigs look good. I didn't get a COA and didn't worry about that. I think it was cheap at $15.50.

If you weren't asking about mine I'm sorry for boring you image >>

Jim
    I was talking about your ball.

The shellac looked like aging - now I see how shiny it is - I didn't realize people were doing that in the 80s.

Still, a great item for that kind of money - and I think the autos look good.
    thanx
    mike
    Mike