Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    That's a cool Pirates/Reds program you got there!
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭

<< <i>Picked up some nice Emmitts

<< <i>

lawnmowerman, do you collect any post Cowboys Emmitts? Funny to see Smith as a "Young Superstar" as he winds down his career.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Great stuff, all. I'm especially fond of your T206's, Seraph. And, Bicem, as always, the T3's are sick!

I picked up a few upgrades for my C56 set this week:

A PSA 5 Pud Glass:

A PSA 5 Cyclone Taylor:
    I'm not real crazy about that eye-level scratch, so this card has been advised to rent, not buy.

A PSA 5 Fred Lake:

I also picked up another PSA 5 Paddy Moran that I think I like a little more than my old one, but I'm looking for additional opinions. Whaddy'all think?
    The new 5:

The old 5:
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yawie99..

Nice cards. As far as which card looks better it depends on what your into. The newer 5 looks cleaner, but the older 5 has much better centering.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    Great stuff everyone. I couldn't resist this, especially with the rest of the set auto'd as well, including McGee, Showalter, and Mike Morgan...

• Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Damn.. nice Cyclone! That's in the middle of my want list.. one day.. one day. image
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I think I'm going to end up keeping my old one. Image quality is usually my primary consideration, though I'm torn between the two even on that. I think the registration is a skosh better on my old one while the color is certainly bolder on the new one. It's coming down to the fact that the I was the original submitter of my previous Moran. I always value those cards a bit more than those I buy already slabbed.

Knuckles, I'm actually going to have a PSA 2 Taylor available. It'd be a fantastic card if it weren't for a big crease right through Cyclone's head. I'm in the midst of scanning everything now.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll watch for it.
  • Options

<< <i>schr1st-
    That's a beauty!!

Here is something I picked up at the Ft. Washington show. Not baseball, but definitely vintage.
    It is a T-6 Murad Cabinet card from 1911. As a Penn grad, I couldn't pass this up. It is about the size of a Turkey Red T-3.
    image >>

VERY NICE! I've never seen those. I really want a TEXAS one now!!!
    And did they get you to trade,
    your heroes for ghosts?
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

lawnmowerman, do you collect any post Cowboys Emmitts? Funny to see Smith as a "Young Superstar" as he winds down his career. >>

Yup, Sure do. Anything to do with Emmitt.
    Thanks
  • Options
    imageimageimage new guy here trying to figure out how to post scans properly,after i figure this out I will show my favorate cards, thanks ROB.
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>schr1st-
    That's a beauty!!

Here is something I picked up at the Ft. Washington show. Not baseball, but definitely vintage.
    It is a T-6 Murad Cabinet card from 1911. As a Penn grad, I couldn't pass this up. It is about the size of a Turkey Red T-3.
    image >>

VERY NICE! I've never seen those. I really want a TEXAS one now!!! >>

Looking at the back, Number 15 is Texas University.
    You can contact Murad Picture Dept. Drawer S. Jersey City NJ, offer expires June 30th, 1911.
  • Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    1982 Boston Herald Tony Perez

This is one of those items that I have been chasing for a while. Not expensive but glad to have landed it to add to the oddball Perez collection.

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭

I am at 99% with my set.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve, 99% in PSA 9 ? whatever, what a great accomplishment. Get to 100% soon! Don is already looking haggard on that card. Of course he looks ALOT more haggard today image

Dan

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    NOt new but something I dug out for this thread

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Dan,

NO not in 9, (I wish) I do though have 11% of the set in 9.

overall it is at 7.84.............When finished I hope for it to be at 8.00

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Couple new Emmitts

Dave
  • Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭

Received both of these in the mail today. Same photo. The Bazooka has part of the box stuck on the back of it and is why it got the two. No loss but extra paper.

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    No matter how many times I open this thread, I am always amazed at the quality and diversity of cards you all own. I'm very impressed at whats being posted. Not only is it fun to look at, but I am learning a TON from you all. Thanks for sharing the wealth! image
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options

<< <i>

A PSA 5 Cyclone Taylor:
    >>

Ol' Cyclone is one scary looking dude. Back in the day there must have been lot's of blood left on the ice .

Nice cards all.
    Whoever said we wash away with the rain ?
  • Options
    I learned how to do a scan today and this is my favorite Baseball card of all time!image
    My focus, 1970 Topps Baseball Raw and Graded, pre 1989 PSA Hockey and 1933 INDIAN GUM ! Yikes!!
  • Options
    that's a beauty poppie image
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I learned how to do a scan today and this is my favorite Baseball card of all time!image >>

poppie....

Congrats on learning how to scan. That's a beautiful looking Kaline.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    First Jeff Gordon Card when he was 16 years old.

He is number 3 in wins in the Modern Era. Four more wins and he passes Dale Earnhardt for the number 2 position.
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    The lines across the cover are just top of the baggie. I had these issues years ago, but made the mistake of chucking them. Now I finally got them back.
    Does anyone know of any place to get back issues of Who's who? Besides eBay that is.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭
    Brian
    Here is ONE I came up with. He has a bunch of other stuff but doesn't tell who's on the cover.
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Brian
    Here is ONE I came up with. He has a bunch of other stuff but doesn't tell who's on the cover. >>

Thanks. He's got a few back issues, but none of the ones I'm looking for. I'm really surprised the publisher doesn't have a website of their own. Unless of course I'm not looking in the right area.
  • Options
    Google "who's who in Baseball" and you will come up with about 300 hits. Search them you might find what your looking for?

John
    Collector Focus

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    where' s the love, psa 9 winfield?

psa 10 me thinks!

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    I got this in a batch Griffey's today and wondering if anybody knows what the heck it is? I am guessing a buyback of some sort ,redemption or inserted into packs? Help!
    Collector Focus

• Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    This was the second to last of my big purchases for a while (the 57 Mantle/Berra was purchased last, but arrived before this):

Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    1960s advertisement for the coins that I have been collecting! I had to scan it in two pieces and kinda morph the pieces together. I was bored so I added a black border around the ad.

Current Sets:
    1960 Armour Coins
    Greg Maddux Basic
    Greg Maddux Master
    All Time 49ers
  • Options
    NewJerseyMeatHook, that is a sharp Winfield! Great player I have always admired!

jackstraw, I've never seen a Griffey like that. I'm curious to know too. I bet someone on here will know the answer. Either way, cool card!

schr1st, WOW! I love Ted Williams (hence my user name) and I think that is a card of beauty! DAM! Very nice! Do you mind me asking how much you paid for that?

• Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    It was part of last month's Mastro Auctions, and with the buyer's premium I paid $1460. I probably overpaid a little bit for it, but I can live with it.

<< <i>

schr1st, WOW! I love Ted Williams (hence my user name) and I think that is a card of beauty! DAM! Very nice! Do you mind me asking how much you paid for that? >>

Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    my mail day

• Options
    schr1st, considering it's a signed Ted Playball, I think it was a good deal! image

CardCoreCollector, nice Magic card! I grew up watching all the great Bird/Magic games. I'm a Bird fan, but I respect Magic alot. Great card!

I am a Carlton Willey collector, because Carlton and I are close friends. So I would like to share some of my collection. This is a 1964 Topps Advertisement Sample. I paid $250 for it about 10 years ago. Did I overpay? I know I paid more because of Mantle, but I bought it because of Carlton. To me it was worth it.

• Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    Love the 64 Sample cards... I don't think you overpaid at $250. If you wanted out, I'd gladly give you what you paid plus more on top of that.

• Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    My postal person brought me this beauty today!

Thanks Goose image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Arny......SWEET Drysdale image

These came in the past couple of days, all are for my Yankee & player collections.....

imageimage
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Arny......SWEET Drysdale image

These came in the past couple of days, all are for my Yankee & player collections.....

imageimage
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options

<< <i>Arny......SWEET Drysdale image

These came in the past couple of days, all are for my Yankee & player collections..... >>

Bri...Great cards!

• Options

<< <i>Arny......SWEET Drysdale image

These came in the past couple of days, all are for my Yankee & player collections..... >>

Bri...Great cards! image

• Options
  • Options
    Nice Joe Jackson!!!

Thats one player who I want a card of. Cool! image
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

fdnyladder7, Is that Joe Jackson a card you saved from a burning building? image
  • Options
    He's alive, but Joes' new nickname name is Homeless Joe Jackson.
  • Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭