Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    You can always click edit rather than posting a bunch of screw-up posts. image

Upload your images to some sort of host like photobucket.com (free to sign up)
    Then on here when posting a message click the framed picture icon besude the U and paste the url (http://www.whatever.com/yourpic.jpg) to the image and click ok.
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    Cool, finally I get it - thanks Knuckles! Let me try.....

• Options
    jad22jad22 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    Brumbach, that cobb autograph is awesome. That has to be the best action shot of cobb
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GoSteelers

Nice T206 with very rich blue colors! Are you doing the set?

Scooter

I really like the classic "pastel" coloring of those cards - just like the T3s. Are you doing the set?

<< <i>Could this be an ancestor of pandrews??? >>

That may go over a few heads Scooter.

Sting
    Where are you on the set?

And last Cincy - I don't see any pics on my screen?

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    The links were there earlier. I uploaded them as attachments. Let me try again.

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I am in the infancy stages at this point on the 89 Score football set.

Stingray
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>GoSteelers

Nice T206 with very rich blue colors! Are you doing the set?

Scooter

I really like the classic "pastel" coloring of those cards - just like the T3s. Are you doing the set?

<< <i>Could this be an ancestor of pandrews??? >>

That may go over a few heads Scooter.

Sting
    Where are you on the set?

And last Cincy - I don't see any pics on my screen?

mike >>

Mike,
    Yep, I am going to try to get as many T206'S as is fiscally responsible! I really like the Pittsburg player cards in this set, but, obviously, there's a snag with getting the entire Pittsburg team. image
  • Options
    Tim

Those cards are off the chart!

I wouldn't mind doing the CJs in 8 but I've grown to be quite fond of eating and having a roof over my head! image

Keep them coming!
    mike

Mike
  • Options
    The nice postal lady just dropped these off from PSA

Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cincyfan01...

Very nice on the high grade vintage cards. It's hard to believe that some of these older cards survived that many years in such great condition.

Thanks for sharing...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    Just won this on ebay yesterday!

Knuckles this ones coming your way!

Roy Campanella Autograph? Do you think this is real???

The Bill McKechnie cut!

Jery
    Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options
    roastedcat...

Very nice Campy item. image

It's a very nice auto, but I'm not sure if it's real or not. I have not seen enough of them. Item is very nice just the same, especially at that price.

Congrats on your pick up.

Donato
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

• Options
    Scooter729...

Nice cards, got love those bright colors on the T201 Mecca. image

Donato

• Options
    This is something different.

I received these 5 different 1995 Nolan Ryan 3-D All-Star Fanfest badges over the last few days. These badges were worn by different groups of people that worked or attended the 1995 All-Star Fanfest. There are 4 other badges that I am looking for. They are the MVP, PERFORMER, RETAIL and SPECIAL GUEST badges.

Donato

• Options
    Another one for the other set:

Stingray
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭
    I got this yesterday, I know it doesn't mean much to most here but I love these odd ball food issues !
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    Jery

Have you received the Campy auto yet?

Obviously it's a "pre-accident" sig. And to be honest, I'm no expert but it looks pretty darn good!

Check out this 1948 auto - for what ever reason, my browser on this computer at work is not giving me the same stuff as the one at home and there's no way to copy the properties?

If this comes back OK by PSA/DNA - you got a great deal IMO!

Good luck
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jery

Obviously it's a "pre-accident" sig. And to be honest, I'm no expert but it looks pretty darn good!

Check out this 1948 auto - for what ever reason, my browser on this computer at work is not giving me the same stuff as the one at home and there's no way to copy the properties?

Good luck
    mike >>

My (non-expert) opinion on the Campy autograph is that it looks like there are a few "starts and stops" in the signature. I agree, it does look like a nice pre-accident autograph. However, look at areas like the 'C'. From the scan, it looks like there are a few times where the person signing it stopped and re-started, which is not something a person does when just signing their name. The ink flow is what tells me this is not a good autograph. But hey, for that price, the frame and mat and Perez Steele card are still a great price without the autograph!
  • Options
    Nice pick up Jery. With such a small picture it's hard to tell if it's real or not. Post or e-mail me a large scan of the autograph when you have it. I can't see why someone would go through the trouble of framing it so nicely if they knew the autograph was fake to sell it for so little and the seller looks good to me.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Jery

Good luck
    mike >>

My (non-expert) opinion on the Campy autograph is that it looks like there are a few "starts and stops" in the signature. I agree, it does look like a nice pre-accident autograph. However, look at areas like the 'C'. From the scan, it looks like there are a few times where the person signing it stopped and re-started, which is not something a person does when just signing their name. The ink flow is what tells me this is not a good autograph. But hey, for that price, the frame and mat and Perez Steele card are still a great price without the autograph! >>

Scooter
    I didn't even look at the auto - I didn't even have my glasses on!

I agree, those do look like (hesitation) start, stop type dots in the C. Or a leaky pen?

I would still have it looked at tho.

mike
    Mike
  • Options

My (non-expert) opinion on the Campy autograph is that it looks like there are a few "starts and stops" in the signature. I agree, it does look like a nice pre-accident autograph. However, look at areas like the 'C'. From the scan, it looks like there are a few times where the person signing it stopped and re-started, which is not something a person does when just signing their name. The ink flow is what tells me this is not a good autograph. But hey, for that price, the frame and mat and Perez Steele card are still a great price without the autograph! >>

As a precaution, I would pay for the auto with 10 3 dollar bills.....
  • Options
    Sting:

Sweet card. Is there anyone cooler than Laimbeer?

I don't think so, either.
  • Options
    Got this today.. this is my all time favourite card next to the Gordie Howe from the same set. One day I'll upgrade it to a nicer one but as per my available funds this will do nicely for now. image

1954-55 Terry Sawchuk (1st year of Topps Hockey)

imageimage
  • Options
    Knuckles...

Very nice Terry Sawchuk...It's a very presentable 5 image

Donato

• Options
    Not the most amazing card in the world, or in the greatest grade, but has great eye appeal for me, and a fantastic addition to my slowly growing 1956 PSA set. A little beat up on the corners, but for the price I got it, I can't complain. Enjoy my new baby.

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Not the most amazing card in the world, or in the greatest grade, but has great eye appeal for me, and a fantastic addition to my slowly growing 1956 PSA set. A little beat up on the corners, but for the price I got it, I can't complain. Enjoy my new baby.

image >>

That is one of my favorite cards, I got mine a couple of years ago in psa 6, The 56's are beautiful and that is my fav, Great Pickup !

• Options
    Stone I haven't a clue if it's real or not, I've already paypal the guy. When it comes it will be interesting to see.

Jery

alot of people must be looking at it now, the last count was 20 when I won the frame, it's now at 67.
    Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options
    One more:

Stingray
  • Options
    nice cards, everyone.

stone - the epdg didnt bring in a huge premium over the traditional piedmont or sweet c back...smr lists a psa 4 as 150...i paid 25 dollars more, which is expected.
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Knuckles-
    That 54 Sawchuk is really nice. Those cards are a great design.

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Knuckles, cool card.

For my Faulk rc collection
    imageimage

The Bradshaw will be free of its plastic bgs tomb and sent with my next sub.

Matt
  • Options
    Hey Hockey fans

I can finally relate! I found this card and had no idea I owned it.

It's an OPC Gretsky - I think 2nd yr?

It's got a tilt but not too bad of a card?
    mike

edit: the black line next to his name is fur from my cat Tabatha! image
    Mike
  • Options
    Knucks

The Sawchuk is an amazingly respectable 5! Great eye appeal. With the upgrade money, you can buy a bunch of other cool stuff IMO!

StarWars

The card has good eye appeal and the holder displays the card well. You should see some of my T3s!
    They would your card look like a 10!

Sting

Keep'm coming - very nice - Mr. Buying Machine!

Matt

Very nice Bradshaw! Solid card - good luck on the crossing.

this is always the best part of the evening - seeing what everyone has picked up!
    thanx for sharing them
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Hey Mike - nice Gretzky. Obviously an OPC with the beautiful rough endges and slight tilt. isn't it great when you find good cards that you didn't know you had? Every once in a while I'll go thru a box of my cards just to see what I don't know I have. image

Matt - I like the Bradshaw!
    << image >>
  • Options

<< <i>I got this yesterday, I know it doesn't mean much to most here but I love these odd ball food issues !
    image >>

Nice pickup... I'm with you I enjoy the oddball cards. They are a little harder to find especially in mint condition.

Donato

• Options
    Like Stone, I discovered this "unknown" card while cleaning my basement . . . Might send it in this month.

• Options
    That's a beauty NJ

How are the corners?

The centering is tremendous!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Great find Mike! I really regret selling mine when girls and cars were more important way back in high school.

<< <i>Knucks

The Sawchuk is an amazingly respectable 5! Great eye appeal. With the upgrade money, you can buy a bunch of other cool stuff IMO! >>

Very good point Mike, I think I'll spend that upgrade money now on something else instead. image

Wish I had stuff all over the place like you guys so once in awhile I could find a pleasant surprise.
  • Options
    Nice cards everybody...I love that Gretzky rough cut Mike
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    2 additions for 1969 Master Set:

image & image

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    Just some of the cards i recieved back from PSA today

Was really hoping for 10's on both the Biggio and Kobe. I sent in a Roberto Alomar to PSA years back from that same set ( Score Traded ) which came back a 10 and i sold it for close to $250 at the time.

• Options

<< <i>Great find Mike! I really regret selling mine when girls and cars were more important way back in high school.

<< <i>Knucks

The Sawchuk is an amazingly respectable 5! Great eye appeal. With the upgrade money, you can buy a bunch of other cool stuff IMO! >>

Very good point Mike, I think I'll spend that upgrade money now on something else instead. image

Wish I had stuff all over the place like you guys so once in awhile I could find a pleasant surprise. >>

Sure Garret
    But if you were as disorganized as me...

You would be missing out on a 6 card voucher!

Mike
  • Options
    Got this in the mail today from my buddy Josh:

• Options
    gosteelers...

Nice Griffey refractor...

Donato

• Options
    Stone:

Rose is fairly solid. Slight touches of corners. Also some light chipping.

Hoping for a 7.

Thanks for the kind words.

Rick
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭
    Steelers
    Very nice Griffey! Is that the one that was on Ebay a few weeks back?

Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options

<< <i>Steelers
    Very nice Griffey! Is that the one that was on Ebay a few weeks back? >>

Jackstraw,
    I don't think so...Me and Josh (fellow board member) swapped a few cards and Griffey was one of them...
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    OK, these arent PSA but I couldnt pass them up for the price I paid!

A few raw purchases...the 1959 Kaline is razor!

And ok, they arent sports cards...but I am collecting the Harry Potter autos and memorabilia cards...
  • Options
    Got these from a friend awhile back. Nothing to special, but I love vintage signed cards I just think they display real well....

imageimage
    "A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish" - Chevy Chase

"I have a split personality, and he is a regular SOB"
  • Options
    The toughest Yankee in the '65 set - just the 4th to get a PSA 9 with no 10's.