Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks fellas.

Donato, Although nothing wrong with 72's i'd have to go with 73's. I love the color borders although it would be nice if the colors matched the team colors. Bright red on the Plager is just hideous. Forgive the spam but i put most of those hockey cards on Ebay tonite. I kept the Extra Plager 9 i got and a few others.

Enjoy reading and viewing this thread every day after work. Hobby-sick individuals! >>

Ben...

I agree with you the 1973's look better.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ben,

I LOVE that '79 Hostess Ozzie image

Thanks for posting itimage

Steve
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Won these last night:

imageimage

Like doing this smaller set, percent wise I am already past my 84 Topps BB set.

Stingray
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

This Reds team card is a tough cookie in the 78 set.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Nice Reds card. I always liked the team cards as a kid.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dan

I wonder if anyone has ever calculated how many 78Ts one would have to go thru to find a team card that nice!!!

In the world of 78s, that's a work of art!

Congratulations - sub or ebay?
    mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>image

This Reds team card is a tough cookie in the 78 set. >>

That's a beauty of a team card.

Donato
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

• Options
    Just arrived today. I really would've liked it better if it was facing the right way though
    Dave

• Options
    Very nice disc!

I'll bet if you contact PSA, they'll take it back and correct that.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Dan

I wonder if anyone has ever calculated how many 78Ts one would have to go thru to find a team card that nice!!!

In the world of 78s, that's a work of art!

Congratulations - sub or ebay?
    mike >>

neither! Was a "backroom deal" image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Very nice disc!

I'll bet if you contact PSA, they'll take it back and correct that.

mike >>

All the discs turn like that. If you use your wrist and bang it against the side of the holder a few times - it will come back to the right place. All my Schmidt discs do this. They stay in a cabinet - and, months later, every single one is upside-down again.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    well, this isn't much compared to a lot of the cards that are posted here - but I was really pleased when this arrived today. Bought it raw off of Ebay - the lower right corner is touched and a slight tilt, but I'm thinking a good shot at a 7. Now I'm only about 3450 Ryan cards behind Donato... image

<< image >>
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Scott, Real nice card! Best of all, no roach damage image

Matt
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    A recent pickup. Thought I'd join in the fun since I've enjoyed everyone else's stuff so much!

• Options
    Can someone give me a quick tutorial (either here or via PM) on how to reduce (you think???) the size of this image?

Thanks,
    Mark

Edited to say...Thanks everyone for helping me out with this!
  • Options

Paid $60 + grading. Recently sold it to a hard-core collector for $2,000. Borders is a ridiculously-hard card to find, probably the toughest card in the set!
  • Options
    Mark, very nice T206.

jmbkb4, nice refractor. Great dealing on your part.

Donato

• Options

<< <i>Paid $60 + grading. Recently sold it to a hard-core collector for $2,000. Borders is a ridiculously-hard card to find, probably the toughest card in the set! >>

I have about 20 of them! image

matt
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Only two more weeks before I post my 1 of 1 cut Mickey Mantle signature from Topps Heritage on here!!!!!

Okay, maybe not.

Nothing new for me to post as I'm only buying Heritage and my All Americans, sort of saving myself like a teenage virgin on prom night.

Enjoying all your posts though, great cards!!! That's a great T206 Mark. Mucky, that Ryan looks every bit of a seven from your scan, good luck with the grade.

shawn.
  • Options
    Two more...

image, image
  • Options
    I love the colors on the older vintage cards. Thanks for sharing.

Donato

• Options
    The first of many???????

Stingray
  • Options
    About a week ago there was a post about misspelled auctions on Ebay. So I found this Mickey Mantal and got it pretty cheap. image I think it's a cool photo/card. I believe it's a Jays Publishing card from 61/62.

<< image >>
  • Options
    Arrived today for both my Dorsett and Emmitt master sets

Dave

• Options
    Stingray,
    I see someone on the Vintage Sportscard Trading board is selling 160 Score Football cards. If you want the many, there is your chance. The price is very reasonable too, below the $5 grading cost.
  • Options
    That is a very good deal, I just do not have that much to spend at one time though. Thanks for the heads up.

Stingray
  • Options
    Hey CCC, nice Dorsett & Smith!!

I spent about 14 years in Texas and got to see both. Two really great Rb's!!
    << image >>
  • Options
    Is Rusty wearing a simple blue T-shirt?
  • Options
    Mucky,

thank you. Im glad i was old enough to see Dorsett play. I'll never forget watching that Monday night game against Minn. when he had that 99 yd TD on my little black and white T.V in my bedroom .

Dave
  • Options

<< <i>Mucky,

thank you. Im glad i was old enough to see Dorsett play. I'll never forget watching that Monday night game against Minn. when he had that 99 yd TD on my little black and white T.V in my bedroom .

Dave >>

Yeah, I remember that play! Was that exciting football or what!! That was a THRILL!!
    << image >>
  • Options

<< <i>

Dave >>

Dave, I remember that play well. Me being a Cowboy fan, my dad always rooted for the other teams playing the Cowboys. Not to be mean to me ,just for fun. Anyway we were both watching that game in his bedrom and when Tony ripped off that run, he was actually rooting for him to score. I always remembered that and knew my dad was a big softy at heartimage

Oh yeah, great cards!

matt
  • Options

SGC holders got it going on! I love these things.

Matt
  • Options
    Matt,
    Nice Emmitt auto. It looks great in that holder. Pro Set had the greatest photography.
  • Options

<< <i>Matt,
    Nice Emmitt auto. It looks great in that holder. Pro Set had the greatest photography. >>

Not to argue the point, but I would say they had great action shots on their cards, but the overall photography was ok. Seemed like there were a lot of grainy photos from Pro Set?

Stingray
  • Options
    Stingray...

I see your up to 29th in your basketball, You'll be in the top 20 before you know. image

Donato

• Options

<< <i>Matt,
    Nice Emmitt auto. It looks great in that holder. Pro Set had the greatest photography. >>

Thank you tkd7. It looks 10x's better in person. I am super happy with it.

Matt
  • Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    Here's two...just back from PSA
  • Options
    That Nap game card is a beauty. Thanks for sharing.

Donato

• Options
    Matt

That's a sweet Emmitt card!! And, I agree, it looks great in that holder.

How many Emmitt auto cards do you have now?

Just tremendous.

Cuda

Those cards are...well 9 says it all. The Aaron looks super!

Thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Matt

That's a sweet Emmitt card!! And, I agree, it looks great in that holder.

How many Emmitt auto cards do you have now?

Just tremendous.

Cuda

Those cards are...well 9 says it all. The Aaron looks super!

Thanx for sharing
    mike >>

Hi Mike! I have only 6 auto cards. I also have an auto'd jersey and about five auto'd 8x10's. It a small collection but hopefully it will continue to grow.
    Thanks
    Matt
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Killer card Matt, it looks great.

This came in the mail for me this week. His autographs are pretty tough to find let alone on a card. Plus being with the Edmonton Oilers during this 1973-74 year makes this extra special to me.

• Options

<< <i>Killer card Matt, it looks great.

This came in the mail for me this week. His autographs are pretty tough to find let alone on a card. Plus being with the Edmonton Oilers during this 1973-74 year makes this extra special to me. >>

Knuckles, Back at ya! Great card. I love the way older hockey cards look.

Matt
  • Options
    Knucks

That's a great auto - here comes the dumb question...is that an OPC set?

Matt

Here comes the dumb question...I don't remember - are you doing some kind of Emmitt master set?

mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Knucks

That's a great auto - here comes the dumb question...is that an OPC set?

Matt

Here comes the dumb question...I don't remember - are you doing some kind of Emmitt master set?

mike >>

Mike

I guess you can say that. I wacth ebay for auto and "early year" cards of Emmitt. I do have quite a bit of ungraded material that I need to pick through to send in. I have nothing on the registry yet. I guess it could be classified as an informal master set. Like I said I will be buying more stuff. I just need to "chill' a little as you are doing with your banishment from ebay. I need to catch up on some bills and then proceed with the craziness image

Matt
  • Options
    cuda,

I love that Lojoie. Nice card.
  • Options
    This is just plain nice.

I'm organizing with great pain and found this Beckett I saved - this was just after the Mick left us.

I'm glad I saved this - I bought it at the Px to keep in perfect shape.

Anyone else save this from 1995?
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    I bought two and saved em' both. I believe that is the same shot that was used for the 1952 Topps card?? Can anyone post a scan to compare???

Hey, found a scan....see the shadow that the brim of the had made across his face....it's the same in the Beckett Photo!!!
  • Options

<< <i>I bought two and saved em' both. I believe that is the same shot that was used for the 1952 Topps card?? Can anyone post a scan to compare??? >>

Mike
  • Options
    lawnmowerman- - that SGC holder really does show the auto well, congrats!
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Another beater Southern Leaguer with a Hindu back arrived a couple of days ago:

As did a really nice E95. It's a 4MK, but the MK is just a faint, bluish X-like mark on back. I used to shun the dread Q's when I collected newer stuff, but now I don't mind an unobtrusive mark if it lets me pick up an otherwise nice card at a lower price.

imageimageimageimageimageimage