Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Continued from page 65 of this thread...................

I'm still in love with these things. Can't wait to get my hands on some of the star cards!!

Shawn.
  • Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm gonna try and post some from my recent submision:

• Options
    Guess that didn't work!!! Gonna try again..could really use some help on how to post an image into a message! (thanks Stingray, I tried what you said but cant seem to get it to work that way!)

• Options
    Still not working...HHEELLPP!!!

• Options
    Yiippee...figured it out..here's a couple more scans!!

• Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Your entering

file:///C:/Kodak%20Pictures/PSA%20CARDS/PSA%2010'S-2.JPG

You can't do that. You need to put the pictures online somewhere like on photobucket.com then copy the url for the picture which will be something like http://www.photobucket.com/pic.jpg

Also when you screw up a post you can simply edit the post not create post after post trying to get it right.. just keep editing the orginal post untill you get it.
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    OK. So this is not a collectable, but I'm still very happy with my new PC upgrade image

• Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    can you say GAME time?

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
  • Options
    Is Marshall reading the football on that select rookie?

Great Faulk rookies BTW!
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    Great stuff guys!

Big Red - Those All Americans are sweet. If I collected football this set would be a given. Also I agree with you the 6's have great eye appeal.

Happy Holidays! Bob C.

EDIT: Cuda try this Posting pics link
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • Options
    thanks Bob. I'm relatively new to collecting football myself. Had a friend that got me started and I'm hooked. Just what I need, two sports to spend my limited funds on.

With all due respect Lawnmowerman, that Clayton sig is the ugliest thing I have ever seen. Great looking card, but I can't make out a single letter!!!

Merry Christmas all,
    Shawn.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>thanks Bob. I'm relatively new to collecting football myself. Had a friend that got me started and I'm hooked. Just what I need, two sports to spend my limited funds on.

With all due respect Lawnmowerman, that Clayton sig is the ugliest thing I have ever seen. Great looking card, but I can't make out a single letter!!!

Merry Christmas all,
    Shawn. >>

Yeah, I love the player but his sig. needs some work. To make matters worse Fleer covered up a good portion of the auto with the card. I bet Knuckes wouldnt have done thatimage

Matt
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I know it is not a baseball card, but for the price, why not. These things are selling like hot cakes.

Stingray
  • Options
    Are they really stingray? I still have my original Frogger with the box in my mom's attic. Hours of fun and enjoyment back in the day, but it was noisy. I remember stuffing the game into my pillow to muffle the sound effects and hiding under the covers at night when I should have been sleeping instead of playing Frogger. What are they selling for now?
  • Options
    Hotcakes you say? This is the hottest item today Stingray!

JK, this was given to me at a Xmas Party as a gag gift. (notice win 2.0.... sigh)

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    Hotcakes you say? This is the hottest item today Stingray!

JK, this was given to me at a Xmas Party as a gag gift. (notice win 2.0.... sigh)

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    havent posted in this thread in awhile. i have a few more cards to share, but here's one i just recently got:

• Options
    Well, here goes abgain...trying to figure out how to post photos..someone please let me know if these come thru..thanks!

• Options
    Hey, I see two cards!!!!!!

Nice ones too! Love that Rose. Congrats on figuring this out, sorry I couldn't be more help.

Shawn.
  • Options
    Thanks Shawn...those were a recent submission...also got about 20 PSA 9 Milton Bradleys from the submission. Now that I figured out how to post the photos, it's pretty easy! -Claude
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Nice Fellar.. If I were to collect baseball that would be the set I would work on. The autograph is a nice bonus.. adds even more appeal to the card.

I got this in the mail a few hours ago. It's a game used Brian Conacher stick.. Not the greatest player but the autographs on the stick are great. This stick is from the 1966-67 season when the Leafs won the cup. Autos include: Allan Stanley, David Keon (twice), Pete Stemkowski, Frank Mahovolich, Brian Conacher, Ron Ellis, Larry Hillman, Tim Horton, Bobby Baun, Jim Pappin, Red Kelly and Terry Sawchuk

Sawchuk won the Vezina trophy this year along with teamate Johnny Bower. I wish his autograph was on there as well.

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭

The latest addition to the set.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Great stuff guys!!

Claude, you seem to have a good eye for that stuff. When you first said you had a whole submission of Milton Bradleys, I was skeptical, reminded me of this turd I pulled out of a pack a year or so ago

Yours look MUCH better, congrats!!

Steve, you're just about done with that set aren't you???? How many cards in that set?? What's the going rate for those cards in the PSA 7 range?? If it weren't for your pictures I wouldn't know they existed.

Great looking memorabilia Garret. Please don't dice those up for your game used cards. image

I'm hoping the mailman brings me my next '55 All American cards before Christmas, I'm ready for a couple more. As for my PSA November special, I don't think I'll look again until after the first of the year. I have a bad feeling.

Merry Christmas guys.

Shawn.
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement Shawn. I do sell on Ebay and planned on the whole lot to go up on Ebay....but i might keep the 10's and try and complete the set...I have three complete MB sets and only submitted the stars...the commons are in the same condition. Also, the Freehan OPChee is a 1of1 with only four others graded....and the were 8's!!!! I might be putting that one up for auction...if anyone on these boards is interested, just let me know.
  • Options
    These were recent subs that came back......

They were picked up raw at the last Show in Chicago.

Cheers! Wick

Enjoy collecting vintage baseball cards, memorabilia and autos
  • Options
    Great cards Wick...wich I had a local outlet for nice raw vintage cards!!! I get most on eBay...and thats hit or miss getting one that is actuallin in the condition stated in the auction!
    Heres a ew PSA's I wish I never got rid of...uuggh!!
  • Options
    Last couple before a break:

imageimage

Stingray
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Great to see all these new additions. Its like an early Christmas

Mike, looking forward to you paying off the credit card bill so we can see some more of your new stuff.
  • Options
    Let me bore you with one more........9 down, 91 expensive ones to go. image

Shawn.
  • Options
    This one appeared at my doorstep last night.... and I want to wish a VERY Merry Xmas to all.... image

The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    Merry Xmas me, purchased last week for a VERY nice price.

The card is pretty well centered and the scratches are on the holder, not the card itself.

Merry Xmas All

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are some really nice cards.

Really nice 61T Matthews and 86F Jordan!

Knucks - nice auto GU stick!!!

Congrats on another Mars card Steve!

Sting - you keep chuggin along with great 84Ts.

MD - nice Feller w/auto!

Big Red - I like the Strong card - that's a set I wouldn't mind doing some day.

Merry Christmas
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    As far as Carey signed 3x5s go I overpaid big time on this one but I loved the note and the signature is bigger and bolder than his later ones. For the price of an Upper Deck Legendary Cuts card...

Words to live by, and not just in the game of baseball but in the game of life.
  • Options
    Heres what I recieved in yesterdays mail, I took a chance and bought it, it a Full unopened box of 200 packs from 1971 titled Historic Battles.
    I bought the unopened box for $21. nobody bid on it because the seller listed it in the war & military items section instead of the non-sports section. I have opened two packs already, each pack has two stickers mean't to be stuck to a book, however they are on trading cards which is pretty cool. I'll have to post a scan later.

Heres a description the selkler wrote:
    This is a very rare item for you non-sport collectors. I'm sure most of you have never seen this before. A full unopened box of 200 packs of stickers from around 1971 called "Historic Battles". Each pack has 2 stickers, that means 400 stickers per box, and the full set has 306 stickers. They were made in Antwerp Holland by Cox International. The box comes with a great 40 page 9" X 10 1/2" full color illustrated album made in 5 languages; English, French, German, Italian and Netherlands.
    Only a few cases of those boxes were exported to Canada in the early 70's, and I believe, none in the United States. Each two pages of the book depicts a famous historic battle. All you have to do is stick the corresponding sticker in its spot. As you see each sticker has a different pattern. 18 big World battles are described in 5 languages in these pages (excellent description). I'm not going to name them all, but here's a few: Saratoga, Waterloo, Port Arthur, The Marne, Pearl Harbor, Guadalcanal, Stalingrad, Normandie, ending with the 6 day war of Israel in 1967. I'm showing you a photo of what the box and packets look like, also a scan of the cover and a few pages of the book

I think the seller has a few boxes, if anyone is interested in buying an unopened box from 1971, I took a chance and these are pretty cool sticker trading cards, the seller has listed another unopened box on ebay. 1st come 1st serve will get it item# 6237946407 Good luck!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New year,
    enjoy.
    Jery

Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options

This isn't mine but a guy reported getting a few packs of cards for Christmas and he pulled this cut sig!!!

Do you believe this! A guy who doesn't collect Heritage - didn't buy a boatload - pulls this card!!

What a great present!

I'm just full of Heritage envy today!!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    double sorry
    Mike
  • Options
    Nice Nixon sig, but when are these card companies going to learn how to properly crop a sig?
  • Options
    Pulled the trigger on this beauty tonite. Ironically, the regular version is scarcer in PSA 9 than White Letter Variation is. However the White Letter version would probably fetch about 8 or 9x what I paid for the regular version. The McCovey shown below is 1/3 w/ no psa 10's currently.

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    Here's a couple from my most recent submission (just came back from PSA today...an October submission!! Thought the Vollmer was an 8 for sure..oh well!!
  • Options
    After Christmas gifts:

imageimageimage

Stingray
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Another cheap one down..........

Shawn
  • Options
    Nice card Brum

He never mailed a cancelled check? So he doesn't use the old alibi - check's in the mail?

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike