Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope this isn't a double post, but here's my newest and most rare Killebrew item.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hope this isn't a double post, but here's my newest and most rare Killebrew item. >>

That's OK - sweet panel!

Jim - the Cook card is a beauty.
    Mike
  • Options
    I collect some toys and this one caught my eye.

Buck Rogers Sonic Ray Gun - c1950s

It's twice as nice when ya have the box with some really neat graphics!

gun in box:

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Hope this isn't a double post, but here's my newest and most rare Killebrew item. >>

That's OK - sweet panel!. >>

I don't like hand cut as a general rule, but for a panel that sexy I'd make an exception!
  • Options
    I just got this one today. Originally this was listed on the BST forum about 6-8 months back and although I inquired about it, someone else beat me to it as it was purchased by another board member who happens to be a really good friend of mine and now it has made its way into my collection. Sharp looking card of a very sharp player.

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Awesome Willie!!
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking Willie!

A few more that will be traveling to Newport

The 2010 National Chicle Cowhide is a 1/1
    The 2010 Topps T206 Gold Refractor is 32/50
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    Thanks fellas.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uber sweet card, Marc.

Btw, D-Nice the rapper?
  • Options
    pop 2

pop 1
    If you can count your money, you don't have a billion dollars. J Paul Getty
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome Trammell OPC's image
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

image[/URL]
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    First TTM's in 4 years. Sent both on the same day and they both came back on the same day. 13 day turn around.

[URL=http://s11.photobucket.com/user/fur72/media/2014-02-18185123.jpg.html]image[/URL]
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    image[/URL]
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    that Gwynn is AWESOME!
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Picked up quite a few tickets lately (including some 1st Starts & Debuts in that thread).

This stub is from a game many consider one of the best games ever played. September 24, 1972 Jets @ Colts, Namath vs Unitas. Namath goes for 496 yds & 6 TD's and Unitas goes for 376 yds & 2TD's, as the Jets outlast the Colts 44-34.

This next ticket is from a game many may remember. Known simply as "The Comeback", The Bills battle their way back to beat the Oilers 41-38.

This is another classic match-up from the 1959 season, Browns vs Colts. Jim Brown goes for 178 & 5Td's while Unitas goes for 397yds & 4Td's.

Another classic Jim Brown game, this time from 1965 as Brown goes for 146 yds & 4 Td's, as the browns beat on the Steelers 42-21.

This next one is more recent, from earlier this year as Romo goes for 506 Yds and 5 Td's and Manning 414 & 4

This one is from a 2008 game with the longest INT. return in NFL history (108 Yds by Ed Reed)

He would injury his hamstring in this game running down Russell Wilson, never to play another NFL game. The last game of Brian Urlacher.

And finally one that is seen often on blooper reels everywhere and has become part of NFL Folklore, it now is simply known as "The Snowplow Game"

• Options
    Just superb guys! Just superb.

The 82TCMA is awesome.

And, the Joe Namath tick? I'd almost want to frame that sucker - very nice.
    Mike
  • Options
    Received this one in the mail today after paying a whopping $4.77 for it. November 18, 1985, Monday Night Football Lawrence Taylor sacks Joe Thiesman and breaks his leg. I can still see LT waving for the Medical crew to come in from the sideline after he realized what happened.

• Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image[/URL] >>

This card is huge! I've owned a couple of these (not in that grade), and just finding an authentic version in a decent grade is tough enough. I've seen several plagued with print defects.
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    A few more limited run cards ... Roy was awesome to watch

• Options
    Picked up a couple of tickets this week...............

First is the NFL Debut of Randy Moss 9/6/1998 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Moss caught 4 for 95 and 2 TD's

The next pick-up will go into my Super Bowl QB's first start set (When up and running) and as many SB's as he appeared in, it is a big one for the set.
    Interesting story behind this ticket; I was the under bidder for a stub the night before, when I thought I had absolutely placed a snipe big enough to win. Surprisingly, I was out-bid by $3 bucks, I was disgruntled the rest of the night. The next morning I get up early, and while having my first cup of coffee I did a quick E-bay scan of newly listed tickets. If I had been slurping coffee when I first spotted it I would most likely be typing on a new computer now, but there it was. For $8 more someone listed a FULL ticket with a BIN.

So here it is Jim Kelly's NFL Debut...........9/07/1986 against the Jets.........He went for 292 Yds & 3TD's

• Options
    Got a few tickets in today............

I bought a sheet of Saints tickets for the first five games. The first two were for pre-season games, the next three are as follows.

Game # 3 NFL Debut of Robert Griffin III

Game # 4

Jamaal Charles rushes for 233 Yds & a TD

Game # 5

Drew Brees breaks Unitas record of 48 consecutive games with a TD pass.

A big time rushing performance in 2011 from DeMarco Murray 253 Rushing Yds & 1TD

This next ticket is for one of the greatest offensive outputs i have ever seen in a game. Last regular season game of 2011 Packers vs Lions. Matt Stafford throws for 520 Yds & 5TD's; Matt Flynn subs for Rodgers and throws for 480 Yds & 6TD's, Calvin Johnson 11 Rec for 244 Yds. As Packers out-duel Lions 45-41.

• Options
    MintacularMintacular Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    Well, my latest personal pick-up is an SGC card (don't take this as a slight against PSA as I regard SGC and PSA to be on the same level). An upgrade to my raw '61 Clemente.

• Options
    That Clemente turns me on! And I don't collect tickets, or even usually understand the appeal, but your passion about the Kelly debut ticket is palpable and I'm stoked you were able to land it. I think we all know what it's like to have a "must-have" slip thru your grasp on ebay. Well done making amends!
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013

<< <i>Great Canseco!!

Here is my first of the year ... 3 or 4 more to go on this set

image >>

Any more progress on completing this set? I don't really follow the modern market and didn't know about these until you posted yours. I am actually putting together a PSA graded 1960 Fleer set, so I like the design.... on card autos... and a pretty solid checklist. So I am thinking of putting this one together myself thanks to you.

Snorto~
  • Options
    Tony Dorsett -- waiting on the redemption to come back for an eternity

Still looking for the Dan Marino, Jerry Rice, Bruce Smith, and Bart Starr
  • Options
    CrazylegsCrazylegs Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    Just picked up this cool Washington Senators schedule/season ticket brochure.

Picked it up as part of a Senators sales employee from back in the day.

Very large 5 fold with great pictures/graphics of a very young Killebrew & a head shot of Mickey Mantle.

He told me this was a one year deal in very limited numbers for company's buying large blocks of seats.

Just wanted to share have never seen this 1960 version.

The pictures are in order with the folds.

1st 3 pictures are the front, 2nd 3 back.

[URL=http://s1011.photobucket.com/user/skinsfan43-pictures/media/IMG_0001_zps5fec4a71.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    [URL=http://s1011.photobucket.com/user/skinsfan43-pictures/media/IMG_0002_zps59361316.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    [URL=http://s1011.photobucket.com/user/skinsfan43-pictures/media/IMG_0003_zps92ea2f6f.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    [URL=http://s1011.photobucket.com/user/skinsfan43-pictures/media/IMG_0004_zpse68e9937.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    [URL=http://s1011.photobucket.com/user/skinsfan43-pictures/media/IMG_0005_zps1115251b.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    [URL=http://s1011.photobucket.com/user/skinsfan43-pictures/media/IMG_0006_zpscebe06d3.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    Craig AKA "Crazylegs"
  • Options
    Cool Craig ! Thanks for sharing.

• Options
    Well, this is non sport. But I bought it raw for $94. 1966-69 8x10 NBC promo photos Original Type I can sell raw for $75-$150 unsigned, and this is signed vintage pen auto, which is very hard to find. Sent it in and came back an authenticated Type I and a grade 8 on the auto. I am very happy with that!!

[URL=http://s95.photobucket.com/user/1967leafstartrek/media/1966-69NBCSTARTREKPUBLICITYPHOTO8X10WILLIAMSHATNERPSADNATYPEIVINTAGEPENAUTO8_zps1651f2ae.jpg.html]image[/URL]
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    I finally found a Steve Young with a piece of red jersey rather than white to complete this set! My OCD dictated the jersey swatches be the same color as the one pictured on the player.

There are actually two other cards in the set, another Namath and Starr, that I didn't bother scanning. Those cards are identical to those pictured, both on the front and back, with the exception of the card number itself. Not sure why Upper Deck did that instead of limiting the set to 9 cards or including 2 different names. image

Snorto~
  • Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love that set of qb's auto/swatches.
    I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    That's a great set
  • Options
    A few new tickets to show off, thanks to board member Craig (Crazylegs). Thanks Craig !

First ticket is a 1975 match-up between the Colts and Bills. O.J. Simpson rushes 32 times for 159 yards and a touchdown.

Next is a first start ticket from 1976 Redskins vs Chiefs. Joe Thiesman's first NFL start.

And last but not least 1977 AFC Divisional Playoff game between the Colts and Raiders. A couple of late touchdowns by Dave Casper would later put this game in the annuals of NFL history as "The Ghost to the Post".

• Options
    I like uniformity as much as possible:

• Options
    And a few Russian Rockets I just added. Likely start picking up some more raw Bure's, sub a big group and start a registry. He's reasonably priced.

imageimage
  • Options
    SmokieSmokie Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    Here is my 1975 Topps graded sets. The first set has a GPA 9.21 and the second set has a GPA 8.27, & a 1981 Topps graded set with traded, with a GPA 9.27. Been collecting these 3 sets graded for about 7 years.
    Been collecting baseball cards for about 30 years.

[URL=http://s1115.photobucket.com/user/smokie5053/media/DSCN1613.jpg.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s1115.photobucket.com/user/smokie5053/media/DSCN1614.jpg.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s1115.photobucket.com/user/smokie5053/media/DSCN1615.jpg.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s1115.photobucket.com/user/smokie5053/media/DSCN1622.jpg.html]image[/URL]
  • Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smokie man you gotta give us some bigger scans from that insane set! At least the big two.
  • Options
    I don't even particularly like 75 Topps but those sets are pretty damn incredible!
  • Options
    Spent a week in NYC ... The Wagner card was not on display at the Met.

A few of the cards that were waiting for me ...

• Options
    Happy to have this one in the collection. Miggy is a stud, and I've never heard of the other guy. LOL

• Options
    A couple of new ones ... I've been scanner lazy
  • Options
    love the bird psa 10 auto...nice
  • Options
    A card I always wanted to find centered...

• Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    Gorgeous card Matty! Wow. That is an amazing card and even more amazing that it's just a 7 (right now). You have a sharp eye. Congrats on the pick-up.
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    Thanks very much, Esq. Nice of you to say. It concedes the usual PD issues in the upper left quadrant, but I have seen many an '8' with that same problem. So many of the 1950's Mantles have massive centering issues, so when one pops up that is squarely framed it really leaps out and grabs me. I really only pull the trigger these days on a card if it compares favorably to 99% if not all of the others in its grade that I can find on VCP and old HA.com sales.
  • Options
    Love those 75s!! Some great memories opening packs of those back in the day.
  • Options
    JudgeItoJudgeIto Posts: 68 ✭✭✭
    I wanted to share a few of my recent pickups, but didn't want to start a new thread, hopefully this is an okay place to post.

1. Steve Gleason - 2004 Saints Team Issued
    2. Kurt Warner - Zondervan card. I love this card, I'm not sure the genesis of it, but I believe it must've been printed to promote Kurt's book "All Things Possible".
    3. The Patricks - 1991 Wild Card 1000 Stripe

1. Stacy Coley (Sophomore WR at University of Miami) - 2013 Topps Under Armour
    2. Laquon Treadwell (Sophomore WR at Ole Miss) - 2013 Topps Under Armour
    3. Leonard Fournette (Freshman RB at LSU) - 2014 Topps Under Armour

I recently learned that Topps has produced these Under Armour All American cards for the past few years, so I've been trying to acquire select ones when I can. I think they'll be really cool items to own if any of these guys go on to be stars in the NFL

1. Russell Wilson - 2008 NC State Baseball - apparently this set was handed out at NC State baseball games in 2008, no idea how many exist, but I think it's really neat card.
    2. Tom Henke - 1982 Tulsa Drillers TCMA - my sister in law took this to Tom's house to get it signed, and he commented about how old the card is (I think it's the earliest issued Tom Henke card), so he went and got a 5X7 from late in his playing career and signed that for me as well.
    3. John Madden - 1989 CBS Television Announcers

• Options
    That is a great Mantle.

JudgeIto ... So the right place to share. some unique cards there. Love the Warner
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with a 7 like this:

• Options
    Amazing looking Harris. If only all cards were centered that well. Lol