Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭✭
    Here are a few more...

I buy a box of this issue now and then on the off chance I hit a Manny Auto .... No dice again but 2 Alex PSA 10s for the collection and:

Being a Huge Lakers fan this was a nice add:

Have been waiting for one of these at a decent price for a long time

A few more Alex cards:

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    Thanks ... I do not have a good storage method ... but I am quickly needing one
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭
    I love the soda can signed by Walter, that's a great item

I would love to know the story behind that, when I have nothing for someone to sign I go with a dollar bill but that was a cool idea
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the Piece of the Game ARod Matt.

The question about storage?

My thing is about display. I wish I had tons of wall space and square footage.

I saw on a show where someone turned their basement into a display like a store - so there were display cabinets in the middle of the room - looked great. I'm sure they paid good money for that.
    Mike
  • Options
    Two more

• Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Two more

image >>

That 2001 Gallery Arod autograph is one of my favorite cards of all time. Love the look of that card. Great collection!
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Starting to pick up some 79s, couldn't pass this one up:

• Options
    A beauty Kirk.

Centering is sweet for a '79.
    Mike
  • Options
    That glavine is SICK!
  • Options
    I love minor league and oddball issues like that.
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Picked this up recently from another forum member, FarveFan71 (thanks, Troy!) Hard to see in the scan but it is serial numbered 100/100.

imageimage
  • Options
    Great card, great player, great board member. And a cool serial number too.
  • Options
    Nice LT ... he was a fun back to watch.

The Warner finished that small set in all 10s. I love all the Gallery of Heroes sets across all the sports and am slowly building them all. Not expensive cards I just like them.

When I bought the Warner I looked at the sellers other auctions and saw thee Johny Football. I love the design of the card so nabbed that one too. then went looking on eBay and got a few more from that set. Now I think I'm going to need a checklist as they are just cool cards in my opinion. I'm now waiting on the Blake Bortles and Sammy Watkins cards to arrive.

• Options
    And voila

And another Alex with a decent piece ..

• Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    I like the 2014 Bowman FB minis, nice pickups image
  • Options
    Love the Union Jack and the Presidential card!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations on completing your Gallery of Heroes set Matt.
    Mike
  • Options
    Couple of new ones

And in honor of OctobeRED my first Trout

I've also now gotten the needed 15 cards for my renewal sub and am pumped to be sending that out this weekend!
  • Options
    Super Trout auto card Matt.

My wife bought me some frozen pretzels and found Trout on the box - so I saved it.

Mike
  • Options
    Mike!!!! It's game time and I'd love a pretzel. Thanks for the share

• Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013

<< <i>And voila

image >>

For cripes sakes, haven't you done enough damage by making me collect 2012 Upper Deck Fleer Retro Autographs? image

I will NOT collect 2014 Bowman 1950 Mini Rookies... I will NOT collect 2014 Bowman 1950 Mini Rookies... I will NOT collect 2014 Bowman 1950 Mini Rookies... image

Oh what's the use in resisting... I'm a sucker for throwback designs of vintage sets I collect. eBay, here I come!

Snorto~
  • Options
    Snorto .. the 2014 Bowman 1950 Mini Rookies are awesome ... At least I didn't start posting the auto versions image
  • Options
    Sold some cards recently and decided to start looking for stuff to add to my unopened collection...

Early 90's Bazooka Gum box with card...

1992 Topps Baseball Cello with gold card...
  • Options

Thanx for posting the 89Bazooka box Chris. Not sure I remember them.

Also, the "Gold" cards - between the 'golds' and the 'winners?' My son went nuts that year!
    Mike
  • Options
    I sometimes go non-sports .. this one caught my eye so I grabbed it ... I'm building a diff SOA set and hope to have some good results from PSA in the coming months. But in the mean time ...

• Options
    Got in on a Flawless break for the hell of it ... hit two Ruby cards of so so players kept one and swapped the other for this one .... Bright idea?? Who knows but I like this one better for my collection

Still working on the mini auto but got this one as a place holder

• Options
    Love the 'Nique card!
  • Options

Non-sport item.

One of my "focal" areas - Sci-Fi movies from the 50s.

This was an iconic era. Sci-Fi was born out of the cold war and more or less a metaphor for our own fears of any kind of annihilation.

This is one of the better movies - Earth vs the Flying Saucers.

It took me a while to pick this one up - I had the title lobby card in my sights but it slipped thru my fingers. This one is in superb shape and next to the title card, my favorite.
    Mike
  • Options
    Mike .. That's FANTASTIC .... I love that genre too. Beautiful addition
  • Options
    While this is not a sports item, I just picked this up and wanted to share. It came out in 1990 and I was at the height of my comic collecting and reading days. My grandfather had just passed away and he was the one that took me to the corner store to get comic's. My grandmother, wise in her age, knew how much that was important to me. So we walked to the corner store and she got me this.

A few years ago, her basement flooded and many of my prized possession from my childhood were destroyed in that flood, along with this book. It came to mind the other night and I decided to go for a look and of course easily found it on Ebay. I never realized there were 2 follow up books as well, so I picked them up too.

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had been looking at getting this card since I started collecting again this past February. I took me a while but I was able to finally swing a deal to land this rookie card of Johnny U.

• Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭
    Jbrules - very nice Unitas...gorgeous 5!
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options
    Burke23 thanks for noticing. I looked high and low and could not find a PSA 5 that looked any better. I was more than happy to pay top dollar because of the eye-appeal.
  • Options

<< <i>I had been looking at getting this card since I started collecting again this past February. I took me a while but I was able to finally swing a deal to land this rookie card of Johnny U.

image >>

Righteous centering Dave.

I'm thinking 5 is the new 8.
    Mike
  • Options
    Mike I am all about getting the 5's when they have the eye-appeal and yes 5 is the new 8 in my book as well.
  • Options
    This one arrived in the mail today courtesy of Matt Miller. I had one previously but I sold it off and I have been wanting another in my PC for some time now.

• Options
    Dnice that is a great looking Griffey and is on my bucket list. Congrats on the replacement. It is posts like these that motivate me to pull the trigger on one for my collection. Thanks for feeding the addiction!!
  • Options

<< <i>A few years ago, her basement flooded and many of my prized possession from my childhood were destroyed >>

Sorry to hear that Chris.

I nothing about comics - has great graphics - very nice pickup to recapture a moment. Good show.
    Mike
  • Options
    The Griffey's a beauty Marc.

Congratulations on your pickup.
    Mike
  • Options
    I didn't have nay cards of this QB so I picked this one up from the LCS:

Legacy Collection Row 0 #'d 14/15.
  • Options
    Good looking boxers there
  • Options
    Recently back from PSA

I'm a fan of the show and just started this set:

I need to upgrade the Tom Berenger card to get an 8 or better set of the Auto's but here is the Sheen and the AROD is #/25

A few FB

The Manziel is #/25, the Sammy is #/10 and the Montana was the third one I have subbed and the first one to get a grade so finally checked that one off for the set

• Options
    I like that Rickey Vaughn card. Love how Topps kept the 89 design for them that year. Very neat.
  • Options
    a few new ones

• Options
    Love the Chris Mullin! Why Savage? Did he play for your favorite college team or something?
  • Options
    Savage ... Took a flyer .... We'll see
  • Options
    Overall some sweet cards!
  • Options
    I am very happy to add this Reggie rookie to my collection. Just got it back from PSA and was hoping for a 7 but I will take the 6.5. The centering on this card is hard to beat.