Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1972 Topps Baseball - Official PSA Thread!

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Anyone have thoughts on the sale of Chris' 72 set ? >>

I hope Chris is happy with the price, I thought it would go higher myself. average price per card a little over 12.00 each after
    ebay fees/paypal/shipping. Granted there were only 4 PSA 9 high numbers 657-787 and all the star cards & tough cards were PSA 8's. Might have done better breaking it up or consigning it to Mastro. Makes me think twice about finishing my set as I am on a pace to break 12,000. Let's here what some of the rest have to say?

Just MOO.
  • Options
    The last graded set went for $10,000 and it was comparable to this one.

It's the same old "set penalty" we've seen for years. In my opinion, a completed set should draw a premium over the individual cards, but every price guide I've ever seen lists the complete sets for less than the sum of the individual cards.

Of course, Chris was able to pocket a quick $10K all at one time, thereby minimizing his eBay/PayPal fees, and that alone probably netted him an extra $500 - $1000 compared to selling off pieces.

Not having any knowledge of why Chris sold his set, this seems like he needed/wanted some fast cash and he got just about exactly what the last one went for on eBay. I'd sell mine right now for $15K, but since it's similar to the one Chris just sold, I don't think's going to happen.

I imagine Jami's crunching the numbers right now and he'll soon be able to tell us what Chris' set could have pulled in had it been broken apart.
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246

<< <i>Arny - new picture... nice. >>

Yup, David Brent bein' David Brent image

In regards to the sale of the set for $10K, I thought that it would go for closer to $11 or $12K rather than $10K. I wonder if it would be worth it to consign to a major auction house rather than sell it on eBay. David Barkus got a good price for his if I recall through the major auction house.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

I imagine Jami's crunching the numbers right now and he'll soon be able to tell us what Chris' set could have pulled in had it been broken apart. >>

OK.....so i crunched the numbers.

Chris set consisted of 157 PSA 9 , but they were ALL commons and only three from the high series.

1.Breaking Chris's set up and listing each card separately would garner appr $12,250...........(* minimun extra fees involved = appr $500)
    ( NET $11,750)

2. Breaking Chris's set up and listing all the commons in lots and listing all the low pops, HOFers and other "star " cards separately would garner appr $11,750. (*extra fees involved = appr $275)
    (NET $11,475)

3. Selling the set as Chris did: = $9970

I would have sold this set using #2.or sold it as a whole with a higher reserve.
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    Just bought a 1st series wax pack from BBC exchange. I plan on ripping it, so I'll keep you guys posted on what I pull.
  • Options

<< <i>Just bought a 1st series wax pack from BBC exchange. I plan on ripping it, so I'll keep you guys posted on what I pull. >>

WOW...those suckers ain't cheap!! Good luck!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Picked up card #230 last evening.............

Still need:
    # 182 Kranepool IA
    # 296 Dietz IA ( I have a PSA 7 which must go....)
    # 512 Wayne Garrett
    # 582 Expos team card.

I have a feeling that the last card i will get is the Expos team card..................lots of folks needing that card.

• Options
    Jason, no matter who you get, I hope that they are all centered perfectly and with no imperfections! image

Good luck!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    mcastaldimcastaldi Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    Let me start by saying I do not know Chris, other than having sold a couple cards to him through eBay. I also have no idea why he was selling.

That said, I do have some thoughts on the sale of Chris' set.

-- My set also was 100% complete with an overall GPA of 8.15 when I sold it almost 2 years ago. As has been stated, I got roughly $10k when I sold it.

-- While our sets were similar and had the same overall GPA when complete, there were some differences in how they were made up - Chris likely had more total 9s, but I had more stars/HOFers in 9 (F Robinson, Perry, Santo & Clemente IA) and more of my 9s were high #s. I also had a PSA10 (common).

-- I was pleasantly surprised by the closing price Chris received. With the increases in population and demand generally being down I think it's generally agreed that the overall market is worse now than it was two years ago. When I built the set I sold off in October of 2004, I couldn't buy PSA9 commons for less than $20 or so. From what I can remember, high# PSA9 commons were running at least $45+. Now you can pick up a good many PSA9 commons in the $10-$15 range for low# and high# 9s don't command nearly the same premium. All things considered, I think Chris got a really strong price.

Whenever the debate comes up about selling as a set vs. selling piece by piece, I find that people consistently underestimate the amount of work involved with selling a major set one by one. Having sold the 72 set twice - once each way - I can tell you with certainty it was MUCH easier and less painful to sell as a set.

Mike
    So full of action, my name should be a verb.
  • Options

<< <i>

Whenever the debate comes up about selling as a set vs. selling piece by piece, I find that people consistently underestimate the amount of work involved with selling a major set one by one. Having sold the 72 set twice - once each way - I can tell you with certainty it was MUCH easier and less painful to sell as a set.

>>

I couldn't agree more when I broke my set it was pain in the butt, even though I sold a great deal of it offline in 50-100 card lots . The amount of time scanning, listing, packing, shipping, and trips the post office or bank really cut in to my quality time.

I think the break up "value" of a largely psa 8 set isn't as strong as selling it whole. The pops for most series 1-5 psa 8's are staggering and they sell for 4.00 to 5.00 bucks or less .

I thought Chris did ok, but you have to keep in mind he was building the set when 8's were still going for 15-20 a pop and 9's were in the 30-60 range. So, the price of entertainment was pretty high.
    Whoever said we wash away with the rain ?
  • Options
    lowsmartmick> "I thought Chris did ok, but you have to keep in mind he was building the set when 8's were still going for 15-20 a pop and 9's were in the 30-60 range. So, the price of entertainment was pretty high."

While only Chris knows for sure what he had in his set, it's been a good long time since PSA8s went for $15-20 per and 9s in the $30-60 range. Those are 2002-era prices. I'm not sure Chris has been doing the set for quite that long. When I was actually doing the building of my 72 set for the 2nd time (2/03-9/04), I seem to remember most 8s were in the $8-10 range and 9s were around $20-25 for low#s and right around $55-85 for highs. When I built the set, I kept a sheet of the price paid for virtually every card. I don't know if I still have it, but it may be fun to see just what happened to prices since then.

I mean if I were able to get $15-20 for 72T PSA8s, I couldn't send them to PSA fast enough.

Mike
  • Options
    Mike- I started buying graded 72's around mid 2002 I seem to remember going head to head with Chris (chrissportsfan) for some cards but I could be mistaken.

• Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Someone give me some perspective here as I am thinking about doing this set. Some have implied that the prices of PSA 8's and 9's from any series have dropped over the last few years. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    Ron,

As the pops have risen, the PSA 8 & 9 commons have dropped drastically. The stars have remained steady and the low pops fluctuate from really high to stupid, crazy high.

You can get high pop 8's for $4-$7. 9's go for $8-$25.

Hope that helps,
    Joe
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided to list a couple of my PSA 10's and downgrade them to 9s in my set. I auctioned a PSA 10 Danny Frisella IA last week that was a 1 of 1. It sold for ~$260. Is that high, low or about right for that card? I'm surprised a well known Met collector didn't make a play on it.

I've listed my Dave Concepcion 1 of 1 this week. I'm guessing/hoping I can pick up a 9 for a fraction of what my 10 will sell for. Does anyone have a record of what the 9 has sold for recently ?
  • Options
    John> I've found on the PSA10s can fluctuate pretty wildly. The 10s tend to be more affected by the team set and player collectors than 8s or 9s do. FB is always in the market for 72T PSA10s - but he's a smart guy and won't pay too crazy for them. And to my knowledge, EO isn't interested in adding 10s for his set.

Ron> The 72 set is an extremely nice set in high grade. As has been mentioned, you can pick up a good portion of the set for reasonable money. You may want to watch DSL's auctions as they will often run large (100+ card) lots of PSA-graded cards from a given year.

Mike
  • Options
    Gemmint, I think you did great on the 1 of 1. I had many of the Pirate 1 of 1's that I sold in that range. Pirates were coming off the 71 world series and believe that made them a little more sought after. Just my opinion. I also down graded to 9's because I believe the difference between 9's and 10's isn't enough to justify the difference in price.
    Ken
  • Options
    If anyone is interested in a large starter set of 72s I would be happy to make him a good deal on a lot of several hundred cards. It would save me the time of moving my 72 inventory from naxcom to my ebay store.
    View my inventory of PSA Graded Cards at My Ebay Store
  • Options

<< <i>John> I've found on the PSA10s can fluctuate pretty wildly. The 10s tend to be more affected by the team set and player collectors than 8s or 9s do. FB is always in the market for 72T PSA10s - but he's a smart guy and won't pay too crazy for them. And to my knowledge, EO isn't interested in adding 10s for his set.

Ron> The 72 set is an extremely nice set in high grade. As has been mentioned, you can pick up a good portion of the set for reasonable money. You may want to watch DSL's auctions as they will often run large (100+ card) lots of PSA-graded cards from a given year.

Mike >>

You always have to look for large lots of 72 cards for getting great deals if only to save on the shipping charges..................there has not been as many of these lots as there were when I was first collecting in early 2005.....DSL used to have a 50 to 100 card lot every week then.....................there has not been hardly any from them or anybody this year that I have seen.

As far as PSA 10s go..........fat money there for low pop ...there are two or three bidders now beyond FB who will make selling these card more then worthwhile.....SELL.....sell...sell..your low pop PSA10s.

Gemmint.......I have not seen a PSA 9 Conception for ALONG time...........but you will do well selling the PSA 10.....I need a PSA 9 Conception for my set and would probably bid mid $30s for one and probably not win....

• Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm not in a hurry to replace the cards, so hopefully I can pick up 9s for a reasonable price. If not, I'll wait or fill them in with 8s.

Regarding large lots of graded 72s, my guess on why there haven't been many lately is because the current market price for 9s and 8s of this set is such that the big submitters are no longer sending in hoards of cards. They're now focusing on the low pops and cards that have a good shot at getting a 10.
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    Regarding large lots of graded 72s, my guess on why there haven't been many lately is because the current market price for 9s and 8s of this set is such that the big submitters are no longer sending in hoards of cards. They're now focusing on the low pops and cards that have a good shot at getting a 10.

You hit it on the nose.
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    Finally got my grades today. I dropped the ball on a few but overall I did ok. Got a few 9's including a Cepeda which I pulled from a wax pack I opened a while back and 8s on the Bowa, Drabowsky, and drumroll please...Foli IA! Also got some tough 8s from '60 and '64. Sub# 597346 ZIP 71251 if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    Nice job on the grades Jason, are you keeping the Foli IA or is it available ?

Any guesses on where the enigmatic 1972 PSA 8 Norm Cash #150 on ebay will end ?

• Options
    Jason's grades:

LINE # CERT # CARD CARD CO. CARD # CARD NAME VARIETY GRADE
    1 07146347 1958 TOPPS 207 SOLLY HEMUS N/A 7
    2 07146348 1960 TOPPS 471 NED GARVER N/A 7
    3 07146349 1960 TOPPS 477 DON FERRARESE N/A 8
    4 07146350 1961 TOPPS 114 HOBIE LANDRITH N/A 7
    5 07146351 1964 TOPPS 28 CLAUDE OSTEEN N/A 6
    6 07146352 1964 TOPPS 515 JOHNNY ROMANO N/A 8
    7 07146353 1966 TOPPS 96 FELIPE ALOU N/A Not Holdered, Miscut
    8 07146354 1966 TOPPS 507 JOHN EDWARDS N/A 8
    9 07146355 1972 TOPPS 22 ROB GARDNER N/A 7
    10 07146356 1972 TOPPS 36 JERRY JOHNSON IA N/A 7
    11 07146357 1972 TOPPS 40 BOB BARTON IA N/A 5
    12 07146358 1972 TOPPS 86 AL BATTING LEADERS OLIVA/MURCER/RETTENMUND 8
    13 07146359 1972 TOPPS 115 JIM FREGOSI N/A 8
    14 07146360 1972 TOPPS 166 CHRIS SPEIER IA N/A 7
    15 07146361 1972 TOPPS 195 ORLANDO CEPEDA N/A 9
    16 07146362 1972 TOPPS 211 GARY SUTHERLAND N/A 8
    17 07146363 1972 TOPPS 227 WORLD SERIES GAME 5 N/A 8
    18 07146364 1972 TOPPS 283 DARRELL BRANDON N/A 9
    19 07146365 1972 TOPPS 319 AURELIO RODRIGUEZ N/A 9
    20 07146366 1972 TOPPS 434 JOHNNY BENCH IA N/A 7
    21 07146367 1972 TOPPS 462 RICKEY CLARK N/A 7
    22 07146368 1972 TOPPS 493 BOB BAILEY BOYHOOD PHOTO 8
    23 07146369 1972 TOPPS 520 LARRY BOWA N/A 8
    24 07146370 1972 TOPPS 627 MOE DRABOWSKY N/A 8
    25 07146371 1972 TOPPS 708 TIM FOLI IA N/A 8

Date Received: 07/07/2006
    Date of Grades Posted: 08/22/2006
    Date Shipped: No Date Specified

• Options
    Wow, congrats on the Foli!

Those Foli IA cards have been going for a pretty penny out there on the 'Bay lately.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    For now I'll be keeping the Foli, but I have another nice raw one in hand waiting for the next special. If I can pull another 8 one of them will definitely be available. I dont know what happened on that Barton IA. I cracked it out of a 9oc holder and it was centered 65/35. Who knows?
  • Options
    hey, ArnyVee, do you still collect R Palmerio cards, what do you think of his situation? just curious....
  • Options
    Yup, still collect Palmeiro cards. Although, not many folks submitting them since the 'finger pointing'.

Is there something new that you're referring to Fandango? I haven't seen anything new lately on Palmeiro.

If you are referring to the actual "alleged" image steroid use, then I've obviously got mixed emotions on it. On one hand, I don't appreciate one of my favorite players 'cheating' to get to where he was. But, if everyone else was on the juice (as it seems) then technically we have a level playing field that we can grade him on. Unfortunately, he's the one that's going to pay because of the idiotic hand gestures and assurances that he made. But again, the guy was a tremendous player with HOF credentials for sure and I feel that he's still someone that should be considered. If/when Mark McGwire is voted in, then Palmeiro should be able to follow. But, I have a feeling that Big Mac might be passed over on purpose just to make a point. We'll see, I guess.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options

<< <i> But, I have a feeling that Big Mac might be passed over on purpose just to make a point. We'll see, I guess. >>

I think all of the steroid poster children like Mac, Sosa and Palmeiro will be passed over at least once. Since Palmeiro had the positive test it may take a lot longer for him.
  • Options
    I agree Mick.

Well, on thread related news, I picked up the Ken Holtman PSA 8 card. So, now here's my updated want/need list.....

#40 - Bob Barton IA
    #150 - Norm Cash (Have a PSA 7)
    #228 - WS Game 6 (Have a PSA 7)
    #230 - World Series (Have a PSA 7)
    #292 - Hal McRae IA
    #296 - Dick Dietz IA
    #532 - Fred Kendall (Have a PSA 9oc)
    #533 - Ralph Houk (Have a PSA 7)
    #582 - Montreal Expos Team Card (Have a PSA 7)
    #666 - Hector Torres (Have a PSA 7)
    #708 - Tim Foli IA
    #720 - Sam McDowell
    #723 - Al Santorini
    #734 - Bob Burda
    #787 - Ron Reed (Acquired in trade, waiting for arrival)

* '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options

<< <i>But again, the guy (Palmeiro) was a tremendous player with HOF credentials for sure and I feel that he's still someone that should be considered. >>

Palmeiro didn't start compiling those HOF credentials until Jose Canseco got traded to the Rangers. Coincidence? I think not.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>But again, the guy (Palmeiro) was a tremendous player with HOF credentials for sure and I feel that he's still someone that should be considered. >>

Palmeiro didn't start compiling those HOF credentials until Jose Canseco got traded to the Rangers. Coincidence? I think not. >>

Palmiero hit .322 with 26 HR's the year before Canseco arrived in Texas.
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Palmeiro started piling up numbers as soon as he went to Texas and started playing full time.
  • Options
    Got that pack in today and ripped it right away. Here are the results:

42-Davis IA (wax stain)

117-James (Horrid, horrid gum stain-looks like it was dipped in sulfuric acid)

55-Wright
    111-Grant
    48-Ellis IA (these three are miscut to the point of showing part of the next card

21-Braves Team
    121-Sprague (these are both borderline 8s--probably not worth submitting)

89-NL HR Leaders (solid 8--could be a 9 if centered a little better)

73-Huntz (borderline 8-9)

and last but not least a #1 World Champs that is virtually perfect.

If I can pull a 9 on the #1 I'll come out alright. Even if I don't, its still fun ripping 34 year old wax. One interesting note: the Sprague was nearly 1/16" (.055") longer than the rest of the cards in the pack. I've notice a little variance in the lengths before but never as noticeable as this. All in all, I think it was worth the $70 price of admission.
  • Options
    Picked up a Kranepool IA PSA 8 card this evening..finally......

Three cards to go........

• Options
    Go Jami Go! Congrats on pickin' up that toughie. image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    McRae IA PSA 9

I can see this card going for between $750- $1,000. .......assuming Eric OIander sees it.

• Options
    Woo hoo! I'm winning the auction right now! image

I'm sure that'll be short lived.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    The bar has already been set too high for me..........image

• Options
    I have a 200 card lot of psa 8's that I plan to list on ebay this week if anyone is interested in making an offline deal for them shoot me a pm.
  • Options

<< <i>Got that pack in today and ripped it right away. Here are the results:

42-Davis IA (wax stain)

117-James (Horrid, horrid gum stain-looks like it was dipped in sulfuric acid)

55-Wright
    111-Grant
    48-Ellis IA (these three are miscut to the point of showing part of the next card

21-Braves Team
    121-Sprague (these are both borderline 8s--probably not worth submitting)

89-NL HR Leaders (solid 8--could be a 9 if centered a little better)

73-Huntz (borderline 8-9)

and last but not least a #1 World Champs that is virtually perfect.

If I can pull a 9 on the #1 I'll come out alright. Even if I don't, its still fun ripping 34 year old wax. One interesting note: the Sprague was nearly 1/16" (.055") longer than the rest of the cards in the pack. I've notice a little variance in the lengths before but never as noticeable as this. All in all, I think it was worth the $70 price of admission. >>

Thanks for sharing the results. Good luck with the Pirate Team grade. I remember opening a 1977 pack back in that year where one card (Butch Metzger) was so oversized that the edge was bent around the side of the card stack. Some crazy things used to get past Topps "quality control" back then.
  • Options

<< <i>The bar has already been set too high for me..........image >>

Damn...looks like seller is using a shill.....image

There is even a bid from board member mikeschmidt. ( 55bowman)

• Options
    Sheesh...wish all of you would stop pushin' the price up on me! image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    A few weeks back there was some discusion about "unofficial variations" in our set.

A mention was made about the #643 Russ Gibson card.

I have found three cards with the same white blotch over the "SS" ( thats three in about 20 cards i have looked at)

I will assume this is the variation:

There are other little known variations out there.....

• Options
    ....Then there is the Dan McGinn card with the incomplete arc.

• Options
    I'm not into printing flaws as variations.

But, did everyone catch the PSA 10 Concepcion's final price? Over $900! Nice.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options

<< <i>I'm not into printing flaws as variations.

But, did everyone catch the PSA 10 Concepcion's final price? Over $900! Nice. >>

.....I agree about the print flaws...and even in steller condition most will not grade out because of the print flaw...

• Options
    Looks like Bill Novick picked up ANOTHER PSA 8 Norm Cash card. I guess that since he has one each for his '72 set, his 2nd '72 set, his Detroit Tigers team set, his Norm Cash player master set & Norm Cash player basic set registry....that should be the last one that he purchases, right? image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options

<< <i>But, did everyone catch the PSA 10 Concepcion's final price? Over $900! Nice. >>

That was mine. It's really an awesome card. I was torn on selling it but I can't ignore the $ the 1 of 1 PSA 10s are bringing. That should give me a lot of room to replace it with a 9 at some point.

• Options
    The 900 for the Concepcion was a nice price but I thought it might have gone higher, the 72's are popular with Big Red Machine collectors. The Reds cards are among my favorite from the 72set, The Rose and Bench cards along with the Foster and Morgan Traded are simply fabulous looking cards. I like the Foster and Morgan Traded because they were vital cogs of those red teams and it the first time they are depicted in a Reds uni....even though the Morgan TR is an airbrushed Astro's uniform.

Too bad about the Cash card Arny. Whatever Bill's reasons are, it's enough to make a guy walk away from the set or put it aside. Going head to head for a card both guys need in the spirit of competition can fun. Beyond that it just puts a damper on things.

Jami- that is the Gibson I was thinking about but I believe I said the blotch was over the last name. If you really want a challenge try to find a really sharp focused Moret, Abernathy or Hodges .

There are some nice lots of PSA 8's on ebay this week
  • Options

<< <i>

There are some nice lots of PSA 8's on ebay this week >>

Yes.... I did notice this ONE.

I suppose using the Gardner card as bait may help........image