2024 New England Patriots Discussion Thread

1235»

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

He isn't coming back though. I just don't see it

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah this was a total pipedream lol. Technically he owns part of the Raiders which would prevent him from being able to play again. Not that i really think that he wants to play again though.

• Options

So, it looks like JuJu posted a picture of himself somehwere online of him sitting next to his GF who was driving and supposedly his junk was hanging out.
    There was talk if he should be fined or cut but with Bob Kraft's history i doubt that they go that route unless either Wolf or Mayo decide to make an example of him, not likely.
    So basically if you're in the NFL you can just post pics of your junk and there's a very high chance that you'll get away punishment free. 🤣

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭✭

Posting nudes really shouldnt be anything punishable. If youre going to do it though you better be confident its something that people will like and not make fun of

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,892 ✭✭✭✭✭

A rookie head coach along with a drafted "project" type QB. I dunno, that's a tough situation.

Hope it all works out for ya.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    So, it looks like JuJu posted a picture of himself somehwere online of him sitting next to his GF who was driving and supposedly his junk was hanging out.
    There was talk if he should be fined or cut but with Bob Kraft's history i doubt that they go that route unless either Wolf or Mayo decide to make an example of him, not likely.
    So basically if you're in the NFL you can just post pics of your junk and there's a very high chance that you'll get away punishment free. 🤣

Juju is so irrelevant now I don't think anyone even cares lol

• Options

Welcome to the Pats Drake Maye!

• Options
    edited April 26, 2024 8:22AM

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

I just heard that in the past 24hrs NE has been in touch with SF about a trade for Brandon Aiyuk or Deebo Samuel, maybe JuJu gets added as a throw-in if they actually make a deal.
    The 49ers drafted a WR last night and could be looking to move one of those two names above. We have a ton of cap space to maybe eat some of JuJu's money although its not much to being with.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

I just heard that in the past 24hrs NE has been in touch with SF about a trade for Brandon Aiyuk or Deebo Samuel, maybe JuJu gets added as a throw-in if they actually make a deal.
    The 49ers drafted a WR last night and could be looking to move one of those two names above. We have a ton of cap space to maybe eat some of JuJu's money although its not much to being with.

I'd love either one of those guys in a Pats uniform

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

yes please...

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

I'd love either one of those guys in a Pats uniform

If nothing happens tradewise and we end up just picking at 34 there should be some really good wideouts there.
    Adonai Mitchell is 6-2 200+ and can do it all.
    Ladd McConkey is a souped up version of Danny Amendola.
    Keon Coleman is a taller version of Brandon Aiyuk who just didn't have the greatest 40 time.

I'd take them in that order but I don't think Mitchell gets past Buffalo.
    I'd absolutely love seeing us go get one of the top WRs that maybe available in trade but that's likely not happening and if it does it wouldn't be cheap, in salary or picks. Fingers crossed though lol.

• Options

There are a couple good CB's that I wouldn't hate them snagging but a WR is probably the best move

• Options
    edited April 26, 2024 1:19PM

@perkdog said:
    There are a couple good CB's that I wouldn't hate them snagging but a WR is probably the best move

There are a few bigger CBs that can play the outside that should be around in the later rounds.
    Oregon's Khyree Jackson is 6-3 and expected to go in the 4th. ND's Cam Hart around the 4th too.
    BC's Elijah Jones and Auburn's Nehemiah Pritchett in rounds 5-6.

They should also think about finding McCourty's replacement at some point. i know everyone hated seeing how much money BB gave him when it was time to re-up but that guy was a rock in their secondary over a 3x SB winning stretch.

There's a free safety from Georgia, Javon Bullard, who would be a great replacement in center field. He's likely getting picked tonight. Cooper DeJean would be another great replacement but he's going to probably go in the first few picks in R2.

• Options

yes please...> @erikthredd said:

is this guy any good?

• Options

@craig44 said:
    yes please...> @erikthredd said:

is this guy any good?

He's not a standout X wide receiver like his teammate Rome Odunze is who went #9 to the Bears. Polk could possibly become that deep threat. He's capable of making plays at three different levels.

Not a bad pick at all but I'm sure that half of the fanbase will bitch because some Draft Guru had him ranked later in the round lol.

• Options

Hes the best WR on the roster at this point. The only thing would be that he never had to be a number 1 in college which he will have to be now. He technically had three years as a freshman as well which is funny but its good to see trying to get Maye some help

• Options
    edited April 26, 2024 5:34PM

That trade back gave them a 27 pick jump up from 137 in R5 to 110 in R4. Hopefully they start working on the O-line soon at pick 68.

WR Luke McCaffrey is also someone that I would look at with one of those 4th rounders.

• Options

Would they have been better off just taking McConkey?

I don't know enough about either WR

• Options

McConkey would have likely been a day 1 starter and more of a sure thing. Polk should be a solid WR, more of a #2 guy than a #1 but we needed both. Our WR core is made up of a bunch of #3-5's.

• Options

@perkdog said:

McConkey got picked by the Chargers before them. Stud thats kind of a swiss army knife for routes but some injury issues. Was a good pick for the Chargers though. Mitchell from Texas would be the one to question why not him instead. He fell a bit with the run on defensive players

• Options

Pats fans always crack me up come draft time, with every player picked that didn't align with their mock draft and that player is automatically a bad pick. 🤣
    Penn State OT Caedan Wallace is listed as strictly a right tackle and some draft "rankings" had him rated to get picked a round or two later yet the Pats think he can not only play both tackle positions, he possibly could play both guard spots as well.

Drafting the QB at 3 and not trading back leads to drafting marginal players at the other positions of need in later rounds. The alternative would have been to trade down from 3 and use those additional higher picks on better talent at those WR & OT positions.

We needed a QB, WR & OT and we drafted all three so far. Hopefully they continue to build the offense tomorrow.

• Options
    edited April 27, 2024 5:10AM

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

McConkey got picked by the Chargers before them. Stud thats kind of a swiss army knife for routes but some injury issues. Was a good pick for the Chargers though. Mitchell from Texas would be the one to question why not him instead. He fell a bit with the run on defensive players

Well the Pats swapped picks with the Chargers, that's why I asked

• Options

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

It was a good swap for both.

Its also good to see them focusing on offense to give Maye a chance.

What I'm curious about though is why they didnt take Walker in the 4th. Maybe they dislike each other or something but they were college teammates

Either way the offensive focus was certainly the right way to go

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

What I'm curious about though is why they didnt take Walker in the 4th. Maybe they dislike each other or something but they were college teammates

I think that they liked Javon Baker better as a deep threat more who they picked just a few spots before Walker went to Baltimore. I read somewhere that Baker led all draft eligible wideouts with 21.9 yards per reception.

Polk and Baker aren't flashy picks but they definitely improved the talent in the WR room. I expect two out of Kayshon Boutte, Tyquan Thornton and maybe even Juju days are numbered.

Overall I like the commitment to upgrading the offense around Drake. Adding a decen Tight End or pass catching RB would be a bonus in these later rounds.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

I think that they liked Javon Baker better as a deep threat more who they picked just a few spots before Walker went to Baltimore. I read somewhere that Baker led all draft eligible wideouts with 21.9 yards per reception.

Polk and Baker aren't flashy picks but they definitely improved the talent in the WR room. I expect two out of Kayshon Boutte, Tyquan Thornton and maybe even Juju days are numbered.

Overall I like the commitment to upgrading the offense around Drake. Adding a decen Tight End or pass catching RB would be a bonus in these later rounds.

Boutte is done for. Id be shocked if he ever set foot on an NFL field again. Hes facing charges in Louisiana for making around 10000 bets on football while in college including games that he played in. Hes even under investigation for NFL and Pats bets.

Baker is certainly an upgrade I just found it interesting not to pair up the college teammates like a lot of teams are doing. Walker is the bigger more explosive, but either way their WR room got better

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

Boutte is done for. Id be shocked if he ever set foot on an NFL field again. Hes facing charges in Louisiana for making around 10000 bets on football while in college including games that he played in. Hes even under investigation for NFL and Pats bets.

Baker is certainly an upgrade I just found it interesting not to pair up the college teammates like a lot of teams are doing. Walker is the bigger more explosive, but either way their WR room got better

I've heard some people say that Walker is more of a one trick pony that wasn't very consistent. maybe some of that was due to all of the drama with his eligibility after his transfer. I'm just happy that they're supporting Maye in this situation and would have been fine with Dez had they gone there.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

I've heard some people say that Walker is more of a one trick pony that wasn't very consistent. maybe some of that was due to all of the drama with his eligibility after his transfer. I'm just happy that they're supporting Maye in this situation and would have been fine with Dez had they gone there.

The NCAA doing NCAA things causing him to miss several games was just weird. He only got to play 8 games but was still by far their best WR that got a lot of attention in coverage.

It is nice to see a team attempt to not just throw a young QB to the wolfs. I like the offensive approach theyve taken

• Options

So overall, their picks looked like:
    Drake Maye QB
    Ja'Lynn Polk WR
    Caedan Wallace OT
    Layden Robinson OG
    Javon Baker WR
    Marcellas Dial CB
    Joe Milton QB
    Jaheim Bell TE

I really like the TE pick at the end. He's not really cut from the Gronk cloth but more of a poor man's version of Aaron Hernandez on the field. he's good getting yards after the catch.

Now that the draft is over its a good time to maybe go back into free agency to fill out the remainder of their roster. Finding a Left Tackle on a short term deal would be great, maybe even a starting corner or safety.

Overall they did pretty well weaponizing the offense as Eliot Wolf professed, now we get to wait 5 more months for games to start.

• Options

I'm more pleased with their draft this year than I have been in years, let's hope it works out with some of these guys especially Maye

• Options
    edited April 28, 2024 6:15AM

@Basebal21 said:

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

He will be fine if it's just college stuff.

Nobody in the NFL will care what he did at LSU, obviously the Pats didn't after conducting their background check on him

• Options

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

Nobody in the NFL will care what he did at LSU, obviously the Pats didn't after conducting their background check on him

If it was just the illegal gambling and under age gambling I would agree. At least one of the charges hes facing is a felony so they may not have a choice and he might just be in jail. Hes also basically the reason why prop bets are being made illegal in Louisiana if they havent already completed the process

The major problem is that by all reports not only was he making bets on LSU games that he was playing in. but he was also making prop bets on himself which is an automatic lifetime ban from any league even if done at the collegiate level.

Unless something comes out that he never actually bet on himself or LSU I just dont see how the NFL would be willing to risk the integrity of the league on someone known to bet on games theyre playing in and prop bets on themselves

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

If it was just the illegal gambling and under age gambling I would agree. At least one of the charges hes facing is a felony so they may not have a choice and he might just be in jail. Hes also basically the reason why prop bets are being made illegal in Louisiana if they havent already completed the process

The major problem is that by all reports not only was he making bets on LSU games that he was playing in. but he was also making prop bets on himself which is an automatic lifetime ban from any league even if done at the collegiate level.

Unless something comes out that he never actually bet on himself or LSU I just dont see how the NFL would be willing to risk the integrity of the league on someone known to bet on games theyre playing in and prop bets on themselves

Sure I can agree with all this

• Options
    edited April 29, 2024 9:22AM

Looks like they locked up DT Christian Barmore for 4yrs/92M/41G. Good move, had they waited until free agency next offseason that number might be around 110M.

• Options

Supposedly Minnesota offered the Pats their 2 first round picks and next years first round pick in exchange for number 3 and two mid round round picks.

I like Maye but that seems like a tough one to turn down.

• Options
    edited April 30, 2024 1:25PM

They supposedly also turned down picks 6, 47 & the Giants 2025 1st which likely would have been a top 10 pick next year too. Had they made either of those two deals I would have been happy with either scenario even if it meant coming out of the draft with someone like Penix Jr,Bo Nix or Spencer Rattler in case they weren't able to trade back then move up for McCarthy.
    That was always a possibility but having everything fall in line like that is tough so they just went with Maye which is probably the best option anyways. They love this kid's potential and said that they knew weeks ago that he would be their pick (they also said that they knew Daniels was a lock at 2 for just as long.)

The most important of Maye's attributes might be his ability to get the football down the field in any weather. The kid has a strong arm which is going to be needed once winter hits and the Pats are playing In Foxboro and in Buffalo & NY. It could be heavy winds, rain, snow, slushy mush or freezing icicles everywhere you touch and he has the arm to get it downfield.
    They've watched Josh Allen in recent years throwing the ball through all of that and now the Pats think they've found their guy.

He's already talking about winning the QB job and starting week one, I love the attitude and confidence but hopefully they take it slow. Teach him how to read defenses, work on his footwork to the point that it improves and keep building up the OL especially that left side that watches his back. I'd love to see them add one more veteran left tackle or left guard that has alot of experience on that side of the OL. They still have plenty of cap space available to go add from free agency for any position.

Sidenote: Zeke Elliott went back to Dallas on a 1yr deal. We could also still use a decent vet RB to add to a Stevenson/Gibson duo.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,187 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog
    @erikthredd

pretend like you knew nothing, then you watched this 2-min clip and someone told you that the Pats drafted this guy in the 6th round. you'd be like, STEAL lol

i found the exact throw that made me sit up and take notice. this toss led me to ask who Milton was in the college football thread. it's at the 12 second mark, and they were actually playing Alabama. i was like dude, that was a effortless freaking dime on the money..........WHO IS THIS KID.

i even read a scouting report on him prior to the draft and it said, "average athlete." i was like, what? 4.5 @ 240 is average? what are you smoking bro? watch the play at :54 and try to convince me that's average lol

i'm dying to see if the Pats can clean him up and exercise his full potential

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    @perkdog
    @erikthredd

pretend like you knew nothing, then you watched this 2-min clip and someone told you that the Pats drafted this guy in the 6th round. you'd be like, STEAL lol

i found the exact throw that made me sit up and take notice. this toss led me to ask who Milton was in the college football thread. it's at the 12 second mark, and they were actually playing Alabama. i was like dude, that was a effortless freaking dime on the money..........WHO IS THIS KID.

i even read a scouting report on him prior to the draft and it said, "average athlete." i was like, what? 4.5 @ 240 is average? what are you smoking bro? watch the play at :54 and try to convince me that's average lol

I'm sold on him as a draft & develop guy. At that point in the draft NE had taken care of their biggest needs and adding another QB wasn't the worst idea. In one of Milton's post drat interviews he was asked about possibly making the switch to tight end and was like Nope,i'm here to play quarterback.

At the very least he probably pushes Drake Maye to compete harder, at best maybe he becomes a poor man's poor man (if that's even a saying lol) of Cam Newton. Years ago, Washington grabbed that big name franchise QB at the top of the draft and then much later in the same draft came away with Kirk Cousins who started a a lot of NFL games for them.

I can say that I'm looking forward to preseason action to get a better look at Joe Milton up close and while the Pats still don't have their WR1 they do have a nice assortment of depth wideouts. Milton's make weakness is his accuracy and Pats fans will get to see how bad or good it actually is.

• Options
    edited April 30, 2024 2:24PM

Speaking of Cam Newton above, Drake Maye was asked which current/former QB has he shaped his game after and he said it was Cam Newton. Maye and his family are huge Panthers fans.
    He's about an inch shorter and roughly 15 pounds lighter than Cam but he's still a big guy in that Josh Allen/Justin Herbert mold. It will be interesting to see how willing he'll be in taking off out of the pocket against NFL competition and how his size helps/hurts his game.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    They supposedly also turned down picks 6, 47 & the Giants 2025 1st which likely would have been a top 10 pick next year too. Had they made either of those two deals I would have been happy with either scenario even if it meant coming out of the draft with someone like Penix Jr,Bo Nix or Spencer Rattler in case they weren't able to trade back then move up for McCarthy.
    That was always a possibility but having everything fall in line like that is tough so they just went with Maye which is probably the best option anyways. They love this kid's potential and said that they knew weeks ago that he would be their pick (they also said that they knew Daniels was a lock at 2 for just as long.)

The most important of Maye's attributes might be his ability to get the football down the field in any weather. The kid has a strong arm which is going to be needed once winter hits and the Pats are playing In Foxboro and in Buffalo & NY. It could be heavy winds, rain, snow, slushy mush or freezing icicles everywhere you touch and he has the arm to get it downfield.
    They've watched Josh Allen in recent years throwing the ball through all of that and now the Pats think they've found their guy.

He's already talking about winning the QB job and starting week one, I love the attitude and confidence but hopefully they take it slow. Teach him how to read defenses, work on his footwork to the point that it improves and keep building up the OL especially that left side that watches his back. I'd love to see them add one more veteran left tackle or left guard that has alot of experience on that side of the OL. They still have plenty of cap space available to go add from free agency for any position.

Sidenote: Zeke Elliott went back to Dallas on a 1yr deal. We could also still use a decent vet RB to add to a Stevenson/Gibson duo.

I do like the Maye pick, its just three first rounders is three first rounders. Even with the Giants one I would assume theyd be trading up for Maye, but theres a chance it would have been for MHJ or Nabers and Maye would still be there at 6.

Both seem like they were pretty generous offers given they wouldnt have moved back that far that would have set them up to be in the same position the Bears were this year.

I'm guessing they just really didnt like the Nix, Pennix, McCarthy group and were set on getting a QB at the top. I wont be the least bit surprised if Maye wins the job right away even though it would be better to sit him for a year and give him one more draft.

Theres a bunch of RBs that went undrafted that can be productive 3rd down or limited role backs so that shouldnt really be a big issue with Zeke leaving

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    @perkdog
    @erikthredd

It certainly makes me question why we didn't take that offer from Minnesota.

The kid for a developmental project is intriguing especially if Maye isn't exactly what a 3rd round pick should be

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@erikthredd said:

I do like the Maye pick, its just three first rounders is three first rounders. Even with the Giants one I would assume theyd be trading up for Maye, but theres a chance it would have been for MHJ or Nabers and Maye would still be there at 6.

Had NY or Minnesota traded up to 3 there's was no chance that Maye was falling, he would have been both team's pick. I think that would have been fine with JJ had the trade offers been substantial enough. Those were two very strong offers but they didn't think it was enough. 🤷‍♂️I'm cool with that.

Eliot Wolf has been making the roster decisions this offseason and while his contract is due to expire very soon, I'd still give him the GM job. He hasn't really made any splashy moves but overall he's taken care of everything that needed taking care of. That's a very good start to being in a position to run a team for the first time.

Theres a bunch of RBs that went undrafted that can be productive 3rd down or limited role backs so that shouldnt really be a big issue with Zeke leaving

There were a few that I liked but I honestly didn't spend much time learning about the majority of RBs. I do think that NE needs another back, their RB room is basically...
    Rhamondre Stevenson, their starter coming off of IR
    Antonio Gibson, a FA signing
    & Kevin Harris, a recent late round pick that has been pretty meh.
    Everyone after that on their RB depth chart are jags. Last year Stevenson got hurt and Zeke was really the only RB on the roster with decent experience and that lack of depth just added to everything wrong with the QB play, OL dealing with major injuries and underperforming and the wideouts not having that one guy that makes life easier for everyone else.

I did like Audric Estime out of ND if they wanted to go with a big back. UNH's Dylan Laube was a smaller quick scatback whose game was similar to Danny Woodhead who used to play for the Pats,Chargers and couple of other teams. He would have made for a decent 3rd down back. Emani Bailey out of TCU was another guy I looked at late round, I think the Chiefs brought him in as an UDFA.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    @perkdog
    @erikthredd

um, wow, thats our late round QB? man, he has a rocket attached to his shoulder. he gets a tremendous amount of velocity with just a wrist flick. I will temper my enthusiasm as i realize those were highlights.

but man, what an arm. not sure if there is an arm in the nfl that is better.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 30, 2024 3:57PM

@craig44

apologies for not tagging you. the moment i hit enter i knew i had made an inadvertent mistake. often times i find a tiny window to post while at work and there are many instances when i forget something (or someone) and/or it comes out a garbled mess..........until i have time to clean it up by editing.

Milton is extremely raw. he possesses all the physical QB traits you could ever hope for, but he's wildly inconsistent and inaccurate. so you were wise in tempering your enthusiasm. BUT, you caught a glimpse of what he's capable of. and yep, there's a bazooka attached to his right arm. i've seen him easily toss it 80 and i caught an interview where he was asked the farthest he's ever thrown a football..........he said 90 yards

edit: see, edit? lol here he was throwing an 🍊 over 100 yards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI5SnPNMIbA

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    Had NY or Minnesota traded up to 3 there's was no chance that Maye was falling, he would have been both team's pick. I think that would have been fine with JJ had the trade offers been substantial enough. Those were two very strong offers but they didn't think it was enough. 🤷‍♂️I'm cool with that.

Eliot Wolf has been making the roster decisions this offseason and while his contract is due to expire very soon, I'd still give him the GM job. He hasn't really made any splashy moves but overall he's taken care of everything that needed taking care of. That's a very good start to being in a position to run a team for the first time.

If either trade was made Minnesota would have almost certainly taken Maye. Im not completely convinced the Giants are ready to move on from Jones for another year. Trading up you really have to start the new guy right away and they didnt do anything stupid like Carolina did last year or take a QB a couple spots back. They may have just been scared Arizona and the Chargers were going to take MHJ and Nabers and lucked out Charges went with a T. It was a good offer but not a we really want a QB offer like the Vikings was.

Pats definitely did a good job of trying to address the offense thats been ignored for too long. Wolf should get another contract. He didnt seem to try and do anything to cute and focused on the offense which they really needed

There were a few that I liked but I honestly didn't spend much time learning about the majority of RBs. I do think that NE needs another back, their RB room is basically...
    Rhamondre Stevenson, their starter coming off of IR
    Antonio Gibson, a FA signing
    & Kevin Harris, a recent late round pick that has been pretty meh.
    Everyone after that on their RB depth chart are jags. Last year Stevenson got hurt and Zeke was really the only RB on the roster with decent experience and that lack of depth just added to everything wrong with the QB play, OL dealing with major injuries and underperforming and the wideouts not having that one guy that makes life easier for everyone else.

I did like Audric Estime out of ND if they wanted to go with a big back. UNH's Dylan Laube was a smaller quick scatback whose game was similar to Danny Woodhead who used to play for the Pats,Chargers and couple of other teams. He would have made for a decent 3rd down back. Emani Bailey out of TCU was another guy I looked at late round, I think the Chiefs brought him in as an UDFA.

Schrader from Missouri outplays his size he was their workhorse too, Small from Tennessee can be a weapon in limited roles, Milton from Georgia is a bigger RB, Kendall from GA, Gore for some others. I havent been paying a lot of attention to which ones are getting invited where

They can all be productive in limited roles or the right situations which unfortunately for RBs teams have realized its the easiest position to replace or add someone outside of the draft as long as they arent looking for an every down stud.

• Options

Netflix is airing a roast of Tom Brady this weekend that should be pretty entertaining. Belichick,Gronk,Moss,Bledsoe & Edelman are some of the names participating and its going to be hosted by comedians Kevin Hart & Jeff Ross.
    (clip is NSFW)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL0if7ge4Bw&t=27s

• Options

I hope the roast of Tommy goes better than the roast of Michael Scott...

• Options
    edited May 7, 2024 2:25PM

This story about Calvin Anderson getting sick with malaria right before starting training camp a year ago is pretty crazy. For the past year he's been getting catching flak for only playing in 5 games total from the media & fanbase but the story behind what he was dealing while trying to find his role on a new team was pretty scary. The guy is lucky to be alive let alone still playing football.
    https://www.patspulpit.com/2024/5/7/24150912/patriots-calvin-anderson-mystery-illness-malaria-heart-issue

Hearing about this now and seeing how their new OL coach, Adrian Klemm, heading into last season, who eventually just disappeared from the job not to long after games started makes you wonder if they were connected? That was two odd coincidences happening at the same time.