Home Sports Talk
Options

2024 New England Patriots Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    The problem with this cap increase is that a lot of these teams are going to be able to resign players though, 85 million can be chewed up pretty quickly, they absolutely won't be able to plug all the holes this year.

I'm still on the fence about their first pick, if they get multiple 1st rounders then I might be inclined to agree with moving it

They should trade down. Get an extra first next year, swap firsts this year, pick up a second rounder this year and an extra first next year. Maybe get a 4th or something as well. Whether they draft Daniels, Maye, or Caleb (Washington almost certainly takes him if hes there) its just a bad spot for any of them currently. Get the picks and look towards the following year

• Options
    HidhoeHidhoe Posts: 310 ✭✭✭

See any of these in New England?

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 24, 2024 7:55AM

@perkdog said:
    The problem with this cap increase is that a lot of these teams are going to be able to resign players though, 85 million can be chewed up pretty quickly, they absolutely won't be able to plug all the holes this year.

I'm still on the fence about their first pick, if they get multiple 1st rounders then I might be inclined to agree with moving it

True but more money also means they can offer more to certain players. Luckily their only holes on defense are at LB & DB depth so they could get heavy in the draft on offense.

That additional space could also help retain our better free agents like Dugger,Onwenu & Uche.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

True but more money also means they can offer more to certain players. Luckily their only holes on defense are at LB & DB depth so they could get heavy in the draft on offense.

That additional space could also help retain our better free agents like Dugger,Onwenu & Uche.

I'd like to see them resign those guys for sure, the offense has so many holes it's gross

• Options

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

I'd like to see them resign those guys for sure, the offense has so many holes it's gross

They should be able to with all of that Taylor Swift money kicking in around the league. 😉

• Options

Looks like the Krafts gave Wolf,along with Mayo, the final say on roster decisons. I kinda like that where Bob and son aren't playing at GM with this offseason being so pivotal towards the team's immediate future.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

apparently there is a rumor going around that the Patriots and vikings are allegedly interested in a justin jefferson trade. for the 3rd pick. and he wants 30MM/year in a new contract.

i love jefferson, but i think that is a terrible idea.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    edited February 28, 2024 4:38AM

@craig44 said:
    apparently there is a rumor going around that the Patriots and vikings are allegedly interested in a justin jefferson trade. for the 3rd pick. and he wants 30MM/year in a new contract.

Their GM clearly stated trading Jefferson was never a thought.

I bet a lot of these rumors circulate from mock draft talks, the Vikings are basically a QB away from getting into the playoffs, I highly doubt they are interested in getting rid of Jefferson for just the 1st round pick

• Options

@craig44 said:

I mentioned that rumor a couple weeks back in one of the other draft threads here and IIRC the rumor originated from Colin Cowherd on his show.
    I'm sure that NE & Minnesota have probably talked the parameters for a Vikings move up to 3 but who knows if Jefferson's name ever came up in talks.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog @erikthredd I sure am glad it is an unfounded rumor. I was not liking the sound of it. at all.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    @perkdog @erikthredd I sure am glad it is an unfounded rumor. I was not liking the sound of it. at all.

Obviously nothing is set in stone until draft day

• Options

I really wouldnt put much weight into things Coward says, like Skip and Steven A hes more interested in clicks

The rumor was that the Vikings and Pats talked about the 3rd pick at the senior bowl and that the Pats wanted 3 first rounders minimum. People then started throwing stuff at the wall about putting in JJ to reduce the picks

• Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Mayfield has already played on 4 teams in just a short period of time.

• Options

@pdoidoi said:

While true its not exactly the full story. He was drafted into a dumpster fire organization that just chews up QBs, got traded to another dumpster fire, and then mid season was traded to the Rams to fill in for Stafford who got hurt before being good in Tampa the following year.

The Pats are very likely drafting a QB at 3 unless someone does something stupid and overpays to trade up. Signing a Mayfield or someone where you dont start the rookie right away would actually be smart given the lack of talent they have on offense which wont be fixed in one off season.

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@pdoidoi said:

While true its not exactly the full story. He was drafted into a dumpster fire organization that just chews up QBs, got traded to another dumpster fire, and then mid season was traded to the Rams to fill in for Stafford who got hurt before being good in Tampa the following year.

The Pats are very likely drafting a QB at 3 unless someone does something stupid and overpays to trade up. Signing a Mayfield or someone where you dont start the rookie right away would actually be smart given the lack of talent they have on offense which wont be fixed in one off season.

If NE does go with a QB at 3 to sit for a year then I'd rather see them sign Brissett for less than half of whatever it would take to sign Mayfield. I'm all for signing Baker as their next starter but not if it means signing him to a 3-4yr deal with a large chunk up front and you're only holding onto him for one season until that QB at 3 is ready. If the front office decides to sign Mayfield then just go with Harrison Jr instead and find a developmental QB in the mid rounds.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

@pdoidoi said:

If NE does go with a QB at 3 to sit for a year then I'd rather see them sign Brissett for less than half of whatever it would take to sign Mayfield. I'm all for signing Baker as their next starter but not if it means signing him to a 3-4yr deal with a large chunk up front and you're only holding onto him for one season until that QB at 3 is ready. If the front office decides to sign Mayfield then just go with Harrison Jr instead and find a developmental QB in the mid rounds.

Length doesnt really matter, its whats guaranteed. A large chunk first year and little after that would be preferable for a stop gap QB. His market probably isnt going to be great anyways, theres too many QBs in this draft and several more that went back to school that will be coming next year. Baker probably goes somewhere like Atlanta who think they can win and might not want to pay the absurd price to move up for a QB

If theyre not taking a QB at 3 they need to trade down. It's going to be Daniels or Maye left at 3 almost certainly. Even if Daniels or Maye goes 1 given the coaches that Washington hired its hard to see Williams getting past them and should be a huge red flag if he does.

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

@pdoidoi said:

Length doesnt really matter, its whats guaranteed. A large chunk first year and little after that would be preferable for a stop gap QB. His market probably isnt going to be great anyways, theres too many QBs in this draft and several more that went back to school that will be coming next year. Baker probably goes somewhere like Atlanta who think they can win and might not want to pay the absurd price to move up for a QB

If theyre not taking a QB at 3 they need to trade down. It's going to be Daniels or Maye left at 3 almost certainly. Even if Daniels or Maye goes 1 given the coaches that Washington hired its hard to see Williams getting past them and should be a huge red flag if he does.

As a stopgap QB for NE, Brissett would make much more sense at 8-10M than paying Mayfield 30-40M in guarantees for one season. At least with Brissett you're likely going to get 3-4yrs out of him,year one would be as a starter then the backup QB after that. Atlanta might be a perfect spot for Baker with their pieces on offense.

Ultimately I think NE just takes whichever Qb that falls to them.

• Options

Cornerback JC Jackson just got released freeing up 13.5M in cap space. The cut puts them over 100M in space.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

@pdoidoi said:

As a stopgap QB for NE, Brissett would make much more sense at 8-10M than paying Mayfield 30-40M in guarantees for one season. At least with Brissett you're likely going to get 3-4yrs out of him,year one would be as a starter then the backup QB after that. Atlanta might be a perfect spot for Baker with their pieces on offense.

Ultimately I think NE just takes whichever Qb that falls to them.

Brissett is bad, just keep Zappe if you want a sacrificial lamb for a year. Tampa are the rumors for resigning Mayfield for contracts like that. Theres really not much chance he goes to NE anyways nor should he want to.

The most likely scenario is they take what ever QB is still there at 3 and they throw him right into the fire and fans just have to hope that it doesnt ruin him permanently.

• Options
    edited March 2, 2024 8:07AM

They should just ride out Jones or Zappe for this upcoming season and get more draft capital again

Mayfield would need an completely retooled offense around him and we are a ways away from that.

Draft a rookie QB, sit him for the season and build around him going forward.

That's my best guess for the smartest thing to do for this team

• Options

@perkdog said:
    They should just ride out Jones or Zappe for this upcoming season and get more draft capital again

Mayfield would need an completely retooled offense around him and we are a ways away from that.

Draft a rookie QB, sit him for the season and build around him going forward.

That's my best guess for the smartest thing to do for this team

I would just follow the model the Bears laid out last year. Trade down to the upper middle end up with two first rounders next year and look to be going for it after that second draft. If they dont trade down just sticking with one and sitting the drafted QB would be the smartest. I would hope that its Zappe as I honestly just feel bad for Jones at this point and would like to see him get a chance with someone else.

Unfortunately I think the likely case is that they draft a QB and start them right away. The one interesting thing is that if Washington or the Pats take Daniels they will likely have a chance to be able to take Thomas Jr at the top of the 2nd round pairing him with his other stud WR from LSU. The Bears dont have a second round pick and Thomas wont last till the 3rd.

• Options
    edited March 2, 2024 5:23PM

https://www.nbcsportsboston.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/report-patriots-to-pursue-joe-flacco-as-bridge-starter-to-mentor-rookie-qb/591806/
    It would be pretty ironic if NE signed Joe Flacco to be their bridge QB, I criticized Joe pretty heavily back during his Ravens heyday when he stated publicly that he thought he was the best QB in football. Surprisingly,12 years later the guy's still bouncing around the league.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    https://www.nbcsportsboston.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/report-patriots-to-pursue-joe-flacco-as-bridge-starter-to-mentor-rookie-qb/591806/
    It would be pretty ironic if NE signed Joe Flacco to be their bridge QB, I criticized Joe pretty heavily back during his Ravens heyday when he stated publicly that he thought he was the best QB in football. Surprisingly,12 years later the guy's still bouncing around the league.

The ironic thing about Flacco is if that loser Denver Broncos DB didn't blow that coverage for Denver and snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory he might not be in the league much longer after that.

He was never in the conversation for the best QB in football outside of his own thoughts which is ridiculous

• Options

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

The ironic thing about Flacco is if that loser Denver Broncos DB didn't blow that coverage for Denver and snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory he might not be in the league much longer after that.

He was never in the conversation for the best QB in football outside of his own thoughts which is ridiculous

He did luck into an all-time-type defense being led by Ray Lewis & Ed Reed. I've never thought he was close to being the best QB but you could say that he had the best season of all QBs that one year.
    Looking back at his career he's been a really serviceable QB over it.
    103-82 career regular season W/L
    10-6 career playoffs
    wBaltimore over 11 seasons
    99-67
    10-5 playoffs
    SB ring
    FMVP

I'd take that 11yr stretch from our next QB in a heartbeat. Sign me up, but best overall QB when Flacco was at his best? No.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

He did luck into an all-time-type defense being led by Ray Lewis & Ed Reed. I've never thought he was close to being the best QB but you could say that he had the best season of all QBs that one year.
    10-6 career playoffs
    99-67
    10-5 playoffs
    SB ring
    FMVP

I'd take that 11yr stretch from our next QB in a heartbeat. Sign me up, but best overall QB when Flacco was at his best? No.

Athletes always thing theyre the best, they have to to be at that level. That said theres no season where Flacco comes even close to being the best QB, even in his best year he likely wasnt even top 10 or 10 at best. He got hot one year in the playoffs for 4 games and it worked out well for Ravens fans. Win loss is a very bad way to judge QBs just like its a terrible way to judge starting pitchers.

Flacco would however be a better option for a sacrificial lamb than Brissett if a 1 year starter is the plan. There are some things that could actually be learned and Flacco is old enough that he might actually be willing to help knowing thats why hes getting paid.

Guys really dont teach people to replace them unless its the end of their career and even then its iffy

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

10-6 career playoffs
    99-67
    10-5 playoffs
    SB ring
    FMVP

Athletes always thing theyre the best, they have to to be at that level. That said theres no season where Flacco comes even close to being the best QB, even in his best year he likely wasnt even top 10 or 10 at best. He got hot one year in the playoffs for 4 games and it worked out well for Ravens fans. Win loss is a very bad way to judge QBs just like its a terrible way to judge starting pitchers.

Maybe for some other franchise but with this one they're accustomed to winning so that matters and I think you're really underrating what he's accomplished over his career.
    18th all time in passing yards
    28th in passing TDs
    He's been a very servicable QB during his career and,yes, he was good enough to go on a SBMVP run. How many QBs in history could say that?
    Every Baltimore Ravens fan that I have ever argued with over the years are all pumping their chests today knowing that I'm over here defending Joe Flacco of all people. 🤣

Flacco would however be a better option for a sacrificial lamb than Brissett if a 1 year starter is the plan. There are some things that could actually be learned and Flacco is old enough that he might actually be willing to help knowing thats why hes getting paid.

Guys really dont teach people to replace them unless its the end of their career and even then its iffy

I think you're missing the point I was trying to make by signing Brissett or I didn't do a good job explaining it. I like the idea of having a capable backup,who is ok with being in that role, signed longterm at relatively cheap money, 7-9M/yr. Positional salaries just keep going up and who knows what they'll look like 2-3 years from now for serviceable backups.
    Having both a starter on a rookie contract and backup making under 20M combined is a great way to spend cap money on other positions. Brissett was drafted with Mayo on the coaching staff,he played for the Browns where Alex van Pelt was on the coaching staff. Sign him for cheap money and use their cap space on returning their better FAs or signing new additions.

Flacco is 39yrs old and hasn't played more than 9 games since 2017, are we even sure he could play 9 games total in 2024? I'm not and if NE drafts one of the top three QBs, that guy will likely earn the starting job sooner than expected.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    Maybe for some other franchise but with this one they're accustomed to winning so that matters and I think you're really underrating what he's accomplished over his career.
    18th all time in passing yards
    28th in passing TDs
    He's been a very servicable QB during his career and,yes, he was good enough to go on a SBMVP run. How many QBs in history could say that?

Win loss doesnt matter for any franchise. Theres 10 other guys on the field, kickers, special teams, and 11 playing defense. The QB isnt on the field half the game. I dont dislike him but win loss isnt the way to look at QBs. Daniels "lost" 3 games this year at LSU but they had the number 1 offense because of their defense.

For sure anyone would take those win numbers for the team all day long though. If Rivers, Breese, Payton etc had that Baltimore defense they probably win multiple SBs.

Every Baltimore Ravens fan that I have ever argued with over the years are all pumping their chests today knowing that I'm over here defending Joe Flacco of all people. 🤣

I think you're missing the point I was trying to make by signing Brissett or I didn't do a good job explaining it. I like the idea of having a capable backup,who is ok with being in that role, signed longterm at relatively cheap money, 7-9M/yr. Positional salaries just keep going up and who knows what they'll look like 2-3 years from now for serviceable backups.
    Having both a starter on a rookie contract and backup making under 20M combined is a great way to spend cap money on other positions. Brissett was drafted with Mayo on the coaching staff,he played for the Browns where Alex van Pelt was on the coaching staff. Sign him for cheap money and use their cap space on returning their better FAs or signing new additions.

Flacco is 39yrs old and hasn't played more than 9 games since 2017, are we even sure he could play 9 games total in 2024? I'm not and if NE drafts one of the top three QBs, that guy will likely earn the starting job sooner than expected.

I do like the idea of Flacco over a Brissett with a QB sitting for a year. I dont think a Brissett really adds anything and wouldnt really want him teaching a first year QB if he would even do that given that hed be teaching his replacement. I'm not really sure he has much to offer anyways.

The rookie contract is certainly very valuable for the starter. I wouldnt be really worried about a long term back up for them at this point, they could get that int the later rounds this year or next year or just put Zappe out there again for a high draft pick next year and worry about a backup later

• Options

I just typed out a similar sized response that just went poof for whatever reason. I give up. 🤬

We have different views on how to build a roster and which players could fit in it and there's nothing wrong with that, I just wish free agency and the draft would get here already.

• Options

Responses dispersing are for sure frustrating.

I do agree for sure that the draft should be sooner. I get that the combine is there to make more money, aside from the interviews I dont really see the value of it aside from later round piicks and even thats questionable

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe responses are disappearing because the Moderator is a Jets fan and he believes the Pats Front Office monitors this site for ideas on rebuilding a Championship team.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

@Brick said:
    I believe responses are disappearing because the Moderator is a Jets fan and he believes the Pats Front Office monitors this site for ideas on rebuilding a Championship team.

They couldn't do any worse than they have lol

• Options

Broncos are releasing Wilson. Looking to trade down is looking better and better for teams at the top

• Options

Looks like Dugger is getting the 13.8M transition tag which is great news, I really want to see what his role would be in a Jerod Mayo coached defense. This means Onwenu will now hit the actual FA market which is not great news. He might be one of the top 2-3 offensive linemen in this current free agent crop and with the yearly inflation of positional salaries being what they are,he might see some offers on the high end of recent OL contracts. IMO,its really important that NE not let him walk in free agency.

Without Onwenu their current Ol depth conists of Cole Strange,who is expected to miss most of this upcoming offseason due recovery from injury, Dave Andrews who's old but still solid, then a bunch of young developmental types or JAGs that could easily be replaced.

For a guy that could be moved along the offensive line as easily as Onwenu can, he'd be a huge loss on what could be considered the worst current offensive line sitaution in football.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    Looks like Dugger is getting the 13.8M transition tag which is great news, I really want to see what his role would be in a Jerod Mayo coached defense. This means Onwenu will now hit the actual FA market which is not great news. He might be one of the top 2-3 offensive linemen in this current free agent crop and with the yearly inflation of positional salaries being what they are,he might see some offers on the high end of recent OL contracts. IMO,its really important that NE not let him walk in free agency.

Without Onwenu their current Ol depth conists of Cole Strange,who is expected to miss most of this upcoming offseason due recovery from injury, Dave Andrews who's old but still solid, then a bunch of young developmental types or JAGs that could easily be replaced.

For a guy that could be moved along the offensive line as easily as Onwenu can, he'd be a huge loss on what could be considered the worst current offensive line sitaution in football.

With the amount of money they have they really should iron something out with Onwenu

• Options

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

With the amount of money they have they really should iron something out with Onwenu

I think that they plan on doing that but it all depends on whether Onwenu really wants to stay or not. I don't know what his actual gripe is but if he returns he'll have a new HC,new OL coach,new offensive system, new QB and likely new additions to the starting Oline. If he just doesn't want to be In New England any longer then there's not much they could do to change that. They just passed on tagging him so its coming down to what other offers he sees and are they willing to match?

• Options

Is this another AI generated SI article? Theres no questions about how he would adapt other than the normal we will make everything an issue about everything draft stuff, its just click bait at best. He would be better off trying to move himself down in the draft if hes not going to the Bears (who are in a unique position not being as bad as a first overall pick team should be), but of course his agents would prefer he doesnt go to NE for his success. Of course they would prefer he goes some where that has offensive weapons and an offensive minded coaching staff

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

Is this another AI generated SI article? Theres no questions about how he would adapt other than the normal we will make everything an issue about everything draft stuff, its just click bait at best. He would be better off trying to move himself down in the draft if hes not going to the Bears (who are in a unique position not being as bad as a first overall pick team should be), but of course his agents would prefer he doesnt go to NE for his success. Of course they would prefer he goes some where that has offensive weapons and an offensive minded coaching staff

I don't think his agents care where he goes as long as they get a piece of that early round money, his rookie contract might last longer than they will representing him

• Options

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

I don't think his agents care where he goes as long as they get a piece of that early round money, his rookie contract might last longer than they will representing him

They make more when a player is successful. Even with the rookie stuff if he goes somewhere where youre going to fail and gets cut in 3 years they dont make that much. He doesnt have a super agent either, he likely is her biggest name.

NIL doesnt end either just because you leave college. The school collectives stop, but the advertising deals with companies can and do go on. The better he is the more that is made off that. That drys up fast if a player isnt performing whether or not its their own fault or because of the situation

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

I saw that rumor and numerous other headlines and video titles so I doubt that its just an SI thing, are their articles really that bad? i don't go there too often.

Who knows what was said behind the scene by Daniels or someone in his crew but this is one more reason why the draft should be before free agency. Draft content has reached the point where one the combine is over there really isn't much new info on all these prospects so we start seeing stuff like that article above.

Daniels can make roughly 35M as the #3 pick,there's no reason why he would want to fall out of that draft position. I think its as simple as that.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

I saw that rumor and numerous other headlines and video titles so I doubt that its just an SI thing, are their articles really that bad? i don't go there too often.

Who knows what was said behind the scene by Daniels or someone in his crew but this is one more reason why the draft should be before free agency. Draft content has reached the point where one the combine is over there really isn't much new info on all these prospects so we start seeing stuff like that article above.

Daniels can make roughly 35M as the #3 pick,there's no reason why he would want to fall out of that draft position. I think its as simple as that.

Was more than a rumor, they got caught using AI to write articles with made up authors, so I question and really kind of ignore what they do now.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/economy/sports-illustrated-found-publishing-ai-generated-stories-photos-and-authors

I'd even argue that we really dont learn much from the combine or pro days either other than maybe the interviews. They do these things for TV money but guys arent even wearing helmets or pads in the workouts and last I checked football is played with helmets and some padding. Game tape should mean much more than working out in sliders and a compression shirt. Some later round guys can improve their value from it, but I wouldnt do it if I was at the top and at least make them do it in pads.

Falling out of the 3 for Daniels wouldnt about the initial contract which isnt going to be guaranteed, it would be about the long term career which would be more profitable. You can make more money off the field if youre successful than on it as well

In terms of Daniels it doesnt look like hes trying to do that.

The two real concerns with Daniels are basically the same and not the weather. Hes a skinny guy which leads to injury concerns, and he has a tendency to not slide and take some big hits while running.

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

The two real concerns with Daniels are basically the same and not the weather. Hes a skinny guy which leads to injury concerns, and he has a tendency to not slide and take some big hits while running.

Around here there's also questions being asked on how well would he play in cold weather? I read earlier that Daniels played in just one game in 2023 that was under 60 degrees, that number could jump to 8-12 games a year by playing for NE. This might have been the reasoning behind why someone has been putting that rumor out about not wanting to play in the Northeast.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

Around here there's also questions being asked on how well would he play in cold weather? I read earlier that Daniels played in just one game in 2023 that was under 60 degrees, that number could jump to 8-12 games a year by playing for NE. This might have been the reasoning behind why someone has been putting that rumor out about not wanting to play in the Northeast.

The weather is the least of the worries for NE fans for their next QB. The WRs that cant get separation, the offensive line, a defensive head coach and so on are the issues. Weather isnt an issue for Daniels, people love to make things to talk about especially around now when sports are in a dead zone. Baseball hasnt started, college baseball is basically in spring training with games that count, college football is in a dead zone unless a coach leaves, NFL is in the off season and so on.

Its a slow time of the year sports wise. Using weather would be a smart move to try and get into a better situation, but the temperature wouldnt be why he fails if he does there

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

The weather is the least of the worries for NE fans for their next QB. The WRs that cant get separation, the offensive line, a defensive head coach and so on are the issues. Weather isnt an issue for Daniels, people love to make things to talk about especially around now when sports are in a dead zone. Baseball hasnt started, college baseball is basically in spring training with games that count, college football is in a dead zone unless a coach leaves, NFL is in the off season and so on.

Its a slow time of the year sports wise. Using weather would be a smart move to try and get into a better situation, but the temperature wouldnt be why he fails if he does there

All of that stuff you mention are deinitely stuff to worry about but being able to play in the weather we get up here is a legit question that should be asked. It may not be as important to you and part of that is you're not up here in NE dealing with the cold.
    If Daniels does get drafted by the Pats then this eventually would be a non-issue because he'd be dealing with it daily while living here and practicing in it. We won't really know until it happens.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

All of that stuff you mention are deinitely stuff to worry about but being able to play in the weather we get up here is a legit question that should be asked. It may not be as important to you and part of that is you're not up here in NE dealing with the cold.
    If Daniels does get drafted by the Pats then this eventually would be a non-issue because he'd be dealing with it daily while living here and practicing in it. We won't really know until it happens.

Athletes deal with weather hot and cold all the time. Hots actually harder to deal with than cold. You can always put on something, theres only so much to take off.

Its really not an issue other than big snow storms which obviously affect the field surfaces. Fans and media very likely will use use the weather thing to blame him if Daniels does go there and isnt that good, but theres much bigger issues hes going to be facing if they start them right away or any other QB in that situaatiion.

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

Athletes deal with weather hot and cold all the time. Hots actually harder to deal with than cold. You can always put on something, theres only so much to take off.

Its really not an issue other than big snow storms which obviously affect the field surfaces. Fans and media very likely will use use the weather thing to blame him if Daniels does go there and isnt that good, but theres much bigger issues hes going to be facing if they start them right away or any other QB in that situaatiion.

I do agree that it probably won't ever be an issue if he gets drafted here but the cold is a real issue here during some games.
    The cold itself can be a real pita alone but there's time when it snows turning it into ice out there.
    Its under 40 degrees right now where I live (roughly an hour away from Foxboro) and its gets much colder than this during football season.
    Again, I doubt it ever becomes an issue for him here but its deinitely going to be an adjustment for him if he ends up here.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

I do agree that it probably won't ever be an issue if he gets drafted here but the cold is a real issue here during some games.
    The cold itself can be a real pita alone but there's time when it snows turning it into ice out there.
    Its under 40 degrees right now where I live (roughly an hour away from Foxboro) and its gets much colder than this during football season.
    Again, I doubt it ever becomes an issue for him here but its deinitely going to be an adjustment for him if he ends up here.

Ice and snow on the field would apply to everyone. I personally hate the cold but having played ice hockey for a long time and living in a place where rivers can freeze it is easier to deal with than the heat and humidity way down south. LSU is one of the most insane stadiums in college football where they record earthquakes on the seismic monitors on campus sometimes they get so loud. I wouldnt be worried about Daniels ability to play in conditions which Borrow has spoken about before as well