Home Sports Talk

Super Bowl 58

12345679»

Comments

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭✭✭

How in the heck can you even compare what happens in college to what happens in the NFL?

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    I see where Travis got in more trouble today.

I'm not even going to post the news story at this point. Suffice to say it was quite repugnant what he did.

What are you talking about?

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PaulMaul said:

@stevek said:
    I see where Travis got in more trouble today.

I'm not even going to post the news story at this point. Suffice to say it was quite repugnant what he did.

What are you talking about?

Has to do with Travis partying it up, shortly after the shooting tragedy.

Google it, you'll find it.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

If TK continues on with these antics I suspect it may doom her relationship with TK. Why? She is image conscious, and so are her handlers,record company etc. Many mouths are feeding off of her. If her involvement with him results in lower than expected sales in records,concerts, merchandise, alarm bells will ring. Not to mention she is a role model to many young girls, a huge buying block. Image,perception is everything today in our social media world.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    If TK continues on with these antics I suspect it may doom her relationship with TK. Why? She is image conscious, and so are her handlers,record company etc. Many mouths are feeding off of her. If her involvement with him results in lower than expected sales in records,concerts, merchandise, alarm bells will ring. Not to mention she is a role model to many young girls, a huge buying block. Image,perception is everything today in our social media world.

Taylors a billionaire. If or when the relationship fails it wont be because Travis was celebrating winning the SB.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@Basebal21 said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

Taylors a billionaire. If or when the relationship fails it wont be because Travis was celebrating winning the SB.

Travis Kelce had already celebrated after winning it and during the parade.

Shortly after the tragic shooting, was NOT the time to keep celebrating. I didn't read about any other player who continued on with the festivities after the shooting.

This guy obviously has some deep rooted psychotic issues. Just because he is a great athlete, this abhorrent and repugnant behavior shouldn't be excused.

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

There is no way that Taylor will wind-up marrying this nut job. I'm not going to try and predict how long the relationship will last, because I can't think of anything I could care less about. But sooner or later Taylor will dump this maniac, and it will be good riddance.

edited February 16, 2024 2:17AM

@stevek said:

@Basebal21 said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

Travis Kelce had already celebrated after winning it and during the parade.

Shortly after the tragic shooting, was NOT the time to keep celebrating. I didn't read about any other player who continued on with the festivities after the shooting.

This guy obviously has some deep rooted psychotic issues. Just because he is a great athlete, this abhorrent and repugnant behavior shouldn't be excused.

The shooting is certainly tragic, but something tragic happens every second of the day. He very well may not have been aware of it as well. If everyone is supposed to stop being happy from something happening no one would ever be happy.

I could certainly do without seeing him in commercials all the time, but this really isnt something that he should be disliked for

Missouri 14 OSU 3

The shooting happened AFTER the parade was over and people were just mulling around the streets, and stemmed from a previous dispute between two idiots. Everybody is supposed to stop having a good time celebrating the SB win because of that?
    I hear of people having thin skin nowadays but come on already - sew up your bleeding hearts and get on with your life already people - jeez!

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

There is no way that Taylor will wind-up marrying this nut job. I'm not going to try and predict how long the relationship will last, because I can't think of anything I could care less about. But sooner or later Taylor will dump this maniac, and it will be good riddance.

You’ve spent about 284 total hours posting about Taylor and Travis so you sure have a weird way of showing you could care less about it.

@Darin said:

@stevek said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

You’ve spent about 284 total hours posting about Taylor and Travis so you sure have a weird way of showing you could care less about it.

Your football idol keeps doing stupid chit, so I'm forced to make stupid posts about it. 😆

Then you can make stupid posts about my stupid posts. 🤣

@Steven59 said:
    The shooting happened AFTER the parade was over and people were just mulling around the streets, and stemmed from a previous dispute between two idiots. Everybody is supposed to stop having a good time celebrating the SB win because of that?
    I hear of people having thin skin nowadays but come on already - sew up your bleeding hearts and get on with your life already people - jeez!

An innocent woman was murdered, and multiple children were shot.

Yes, that is the time to stop celebrating a dam football game. The Super Bowl is just entertainment, the shooting was life and death. An infinite difference in my view.

• pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

At least she will have plenty of material for next album.

"An innocent woman was murdered, and multiple children were shot."

I live by Cleveland - that's just a slow crime day around here.
    By chance are you grieving and sending the woman's family some money to help with the burial? Or are you just an armchair griever?

@pdoidoi said:

@stevek said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

At least she will have plenty of material for next album.

I've never listened to a single one of her songs in full. I've tried once or twice, but to me it was worse than fingernails on a chalkboard.

But I think she often writes about her past relationships and how she was dumped. Of course nothing at all wrong with songs about that, we've all been there.

However you're right, when she boots Travis out the door, which one day probably soon she will, Taylor can write a song about that. Maybe call it, "These Boots are made for Walking." I'm not sure if a song like that has ever been done before. 😉

@Steven59 said:

By chance are you grieving and sending the woman's family some money to help with the burial? Or are you just an armchair griever?

Geez - the shooting happened right at the parade for crying out loud. Didn't you see the videos with all the parade watchers running for their lives?

Didn't answer my question

@Steven59 said:
    Didn't answer my question

You didn't answer my question, so we're even Steven.

I saw the video - parade was over and people were loitering - Your turn! :)

@Steven59 said:
    I saw the video - parade was over and people were loitering - Your turn! :)

Nah, I think we both made our points. 😉

OK then......................

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:
    OK then......................

Yep, nothing will stop Travis, he is irrepressible, and seemingly incorrigible as well.

i just hope that one day he doesn't end up like some other athletes who couldn't control themselves, locked up in a prison cell.

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:

Your insensitivity and comments to the shootings in KC are STUNNING and show a clear gross lack of empathy .

Would you feel differently if the "innocent woman" was your wife or mother?
    Would you feel differently if one of the "multiple children who were shot" were your son or daughter?

What a PATHETIC post you made!!!

Don't like what's on the TV then turn the channel. What if, what if................... I'm so sick of hearing what if........

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 12,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16, 2024 4:16PM

Stevek.

If Taylor Swift write a song and titles it "These Boots are made for Walking" she had better seek permission from Nancy Sinatra to use that song title.

I Googled "Nancy Sinatra, These Boots Are Made For Walking" and found a video of her performing her hit song (It came out in 1966).

Seeing this video makes me think of the Austin Powers movies. Groovy Baby!!!!

https://youtu.be/GM1kzbAgo_E

You guys, you're so out of touch with today's music, Jessica Simpson already remade "these boots are made for walkin" back in 2005, with Nancy Sinatra's blessing of course.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you, this was needed!!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

@MCMLVTopps said:

@Steven59 said:

Your insensitivity and comments to the shootings in KC are STUNNING and show a clear gross lack of empathy .

Would you feel differently if the "innocent woman" was your wife or mother?
    Would you feel differently if one of the "multiple children who were shot" were your son or daughter?

What a PATHETIC post you made!!!

It was heartbreaking seeing a picture of that woman. She looked so happy in her Chiefs gear. Supposed to be such a fun time for her and a tragedy like that happened.
    Thanks for that post, no room here on this board for such callousness and cold heartedness.

Some people get "callousness and cold heartedness" confused with "truthfulness" nowadays for some reason.
    A 5 year old boy just got kidnapped and killed yesterday and they arrested the woman who did it today in Cleveland. Is anybody gonna grieve over that too or is that nothing because he didn't have a Kansas City jacket on. Get real.........

@doubledragon said:
    You guys, you're so out of touch with today's music, Jessica Simpson already remade "these boots are made for walkin" back in 2005, with Nancy Sinatra's blessing of course.

>

Not bad, but Nancy's version is way better.

@SanctionII said:
    Stevek.

If Taylor Swift write a song and titles it "These Boots are made for Walking" she had better seek permission from Nancy Sinatra to use that song title.

I Googled "Nancy Sinatra, These Boots Are Made For Walking" and found a video of her performing her hit song (It came out in 1966).

Seeing this video makes me think of the Austin Powers movies. Groovy Baby!!!!

Nancy Sinatra, in my opinion, is the GOAT female voice.

I'm not sure what Mel Gibson has to do with this thread?

@Steven59 said:
    Some people get "callousness and cold heartedness" confused with "truthfulness" nowadays for some reason.
    A 5 year old boy just got kidnapped and killed yesterday and they arrested the woman who did it today in Cleveland. Is anybody gonna grieve over that too or is that nothing because he didn't have a Kansas City jacket on. Get real.........

If you pay attention you’ll notice nobody will make a callous comment about that 5 year old boy in Cleveland unless you do yourself.
    You really think we don’t feel bad about that boy also just like the woman in kc?

@stevek said:

@Steven59 said:

An innocent woman was murdered, and multiple children were shot.

Yes, that is the time to stop celebrating a dam football game. The Super Bowl is just entertainment, the shooting was life and death. An infinite difference in my view.

People are murdered every minute. Someone dies every second. People shouldnt be expected to just be in a state of mourning their entire life because of things happening to strangers.

He did nothing wrong.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

Feeling bad compared to going into mourning and telling people to quit having a good time over a stranger getting killed is totally different.

@craig44 said:

Thank you, this was needed!!

;)

I always liked Christine McVie's voice, nice and pleasant, relaxing.

https://youtu.be/uCGD9dT12C0?si=_Ln0wfaTUKyL-GZ7

@doubledragon said:
    I always liked Christine McVie's voice, nice and pleasant, relaxing.

Not bad, but nothing iconic like Nancy Sinatra.

I believe someone here already posted on here about all the holding by the KC Chiefs. I can not believe all I am seeing on the net about all the holding that has been going on during the Chiefs last 3 Super Bowls. I heard they have been only called once for holding. It is so crazy, play after play with obvious holds not called.

@pdoidoi said:
    I believe someone here already posted on here about all the holding by the KC Chiefs. I can not believe all I am seeing on the net about all the holding that has been going on during the Chiefs last 3 Super Bowls. I heard they have been only called once for holding. It is so crazy, play after play with obvious holds not called.

In the Chiefs last 3 super bowls they’ve been called for OL holding 3 times while their opponents in those 3 super bowls have been called for OL holding a grand total of 1 time.
    Looks like kc is getting ripped off to me.

I guess you have not seen all of the video all over the net.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont like it when teams/players blame the refs. you could call holding on every play in the nfl. dont blame the refs, just play better. 49ers got beat fair and square.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

@craig44 said:
    I dont like it when teams/players blame the refs. you could call holding on every play in the nfl. dont blame the refs, just play better. 49ers got beat fair and square.

I saw one play where the Chiefs player wrapped up the 49er with both hands like a bear hug. There is something when they don't call flags on those kind of obvious plays. I'm not a fan of either team .

@pdoidoi said:

@craig44 said:

I saw one play where the Chiefs player wrapped up the 49er with both hands like a bear hug. There is something when they don't call flags on those kind of obvious plays. I'm not a fan of either team .

Whats more important is consistency. As mentioned you can call holding on every play if you wanted too and I have seen some of those ref show games which are miserable to watch. As long as they treat both teams the same its fine. I would rather see flags saved for egregious things than it looking like a rain storm of flags raining down enforcing every little thing

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@Basebal21 said:

@pdoidoi said:

@craig44 said:

Whats more important is consistency. As mentioned you can call holding on every play if you wanted too and I have seen some of those ref show games which are miserable to watch. As long as they treat both teams the same its fine. I would rather see flags saved for egregious things than it looking like a rain storm of flags raining down enforcing every little thing

That is the problem. It is said that is not being called fairly.

• EstilEstil Posts: 7,039 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2024 7:11PM

@stevek said:
    What Taylor will soon be doing to Travis:

https://youtu.be/eZ7HEQrKQ5Q

This had better not be real! That is NOT funny at all and I hope he gets a very UNfriendly visit from the local Humane Society!! EDIT: Okay it is indeed a fake but I hope it doesn't influence any thoughtless idiots out there from doing anything like this to man's REAL best friend!

WISHLIST
    D's: 54S,53P,50P,49S,45D+S,44S,43D,41S,40D+S,39D+S,38D+S,37D+S,36S,35D+S,all 16-34's
    Q's: 52S,47S,46S,40S,39S,38S,37D+S,36D+S,35D,34D,32D+S
    74T: 37,38,47,151,193,241,435,570,610,654,655 97 Finest silver: 115,135,139,145,310
    73T:31,55,61,62,63,64,65,66,67,68,80,152,165,189,213,235,237,257,341,344,377,379,390,422,433,453,480,497,545,554,563,580,606,613,630
    95 Ultra GM Sets: Golden Prospects,HR Kings,On-Base Leaders,Power Plus,RBI Kings,Rising Stars
  • EstilEstil Posts: 7,039 ✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

Oh don't even get me started on how she (who didn't even get Daisy's hair color right!!) single handedly RUINED the "Dukes of Hazzard" movie...not to mention Rosco in that movie was very lacking in the humor that made the real Rosco great on the real show. And the REAL Daisy (as Waylon mentioned in the first episode) could drive like Richard Petty and shoot like Annie Oakley! Not to mention as part of a beauty contest the real Daisy could reassemble a carburetor in pitch black darkness!!

WISHLIST
    D's: 54S,53P,50P,49S,45D+S,44S,43D,41S,40D+S,39D+S,38D+S,37D+S,36S,35D+S,all 16-34's
    Q's: 52S,47S,46S,40S,39S,38S,37D+S,36D+S,35D,34D,32D+S
    74T: 37,38,47,151,193,241,435,570,610,654,655 97 Finest silver: 115,135,139,145,310
    73T:31,55,61,62,63,64,65,66,67,68,80,152,165,189,213,235,237,257,341,344,377,379,390,422,433,453,480,497,545,554,563,580,606,613,630
    95 Ultra GM Sets: Golden Prospects,HR Kings,On-Base Leaders,Power Plus,RBI Kings,Rising Stars