Home Sports Talk

Super Bowl 58

Comments

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think maybe around a week after the parade is over, the league will come down with a fine. I'll be surprised if they don't.

I'm gonna guess around 250k. A drop in the bucket for Kelce, but a message must be sent to the rest of the players. Can't let the inmates run the asylum.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Family politics, none of our business, nothing to see, move along.

https://youtu.be/YeP0yTDcb-U?si=HQwnkkI79zHdNrt1

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2024 7:56PM

@stevek said:
    I think maybe around a week after the parade is over, the league will come down with a fine. I'll be surprised if they don't.

I'm gonna guess around 250k. A drop in the bucket for Kelce, but a message must be sent to the rest of the players. Can't let the inmates run the asylum.

Doubtful. He was fined 12.5K for criticism of the refs before and 25 something for throwing a towel at one. That would be an insane fine that had nothing to do with the league.

People are making much more out of this than it was

Missouri 14 OSU 3

edited February 13, 2024 8:32PM

The Kelce incident is nothing, I remember when Isiah Thomas put his hands around Piston assistant coach Brendan Malone's throat, Thomas had just received a vicious elbow from Bill Cartwright that busted him open near his eye, he was pissed and went after Bill Cartwright and Brendan Malone stepped in front of Thomas to keep him from getting to Cartwright. Malone didn't flinch, and later said about the incident that he knew he was in no danger because Thomas was just upset. The Pistons actually used that footage to introduce Brendan Malone at an event

https://youtu.be/5cIf9D6U5Pc?si=hfwLI9GanZITx7Lf

A mountain out of a molehill, that's what this Kelce thing is.

• TabeTabe Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    The Kelce incident is nothing, I remember when Isiah Thomas put his hands around Piston assistant coach Brendan Malone's throat, Thomas had just received a vicious elbow from Bill Cartwright that busted him open near his eye, he was pissed and went after Bill Cartwright and Brendan Malone stepped in front of Thomas to keep him from getting to Cartwright. Malone didn't flinch, and later said about the incident that he knew he was in no danger because Thomas was just upset. The Pistons actually used that footage to introduce Brendan Malone at an event

https://youtu.be/5cIf9D6U5Pc?si=hfwLI9GanZITx7Lf

Malone actually told Thomas to take out his anger on him. It worked.

• HidhoeHidhoe Posts: 310 ✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

Like I said,

Respect your elders and many other societal ways of respect and decency are leaving society, and many don’t care, like you and Tom Brady, and many others.

Many QBs disagreed with their head coaches play calling, but you NEVER ever saw anything like this.

Andy Reid condoning it is an example of how many men are today, letting our youth be disrespectful.

@Basebal21 said:

@stevek said:

But when college coaches used to bump players in practice, yell and scream at them, and grab them by the face mask they began losing their jobs. They all fell like dominos.

Now we have a player bumping and screaming at a head coach and it’s nothing.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hidhoe said:

@Basebal21 said:

@stevek said:

But when college coaches used to bump players in practice, yell and scream at them, and grab them by the face mask they began losing their jobs. They all fell like dominos.

Are you sure about that?

I don't think I remember a coach getting fired for any of that, especially at the College or Pro level

@perkdog said:

@Hidhoe said:

@Basebal21 said:

@stevek said:

Are you sure about that?

I don't think I remember a coach getting fired for any of that, especially at the College or Pro level

I played football grades 7-12, and had my facemask grabbed by the coach a number of times. No harm at all, just their way of getting you to focus better on what they're telling you to do.

@Hidhoe said:

@doubledragon said:

Like I said,

Respect your elders and many other societal ways of respect and decency are leaving society, and many don’t care, like you and Tom Brady, and many others.

Many QBs disagreed with their head coaches play calling, but you NEVER ever saw anything like this.

Andy Reid condoning it is an example of how many men are today, letting our youth be disrespectful.

No, Travis Kelce respects Andy Reid and vice versa, they have that kind of relationship, Reid has bumped Kelce before. If you can't handle the sight of a player being fired up in the heat of battle, in the Super Bowl, with back to back championships and dynasty status on the line, then maybe sports isn't your thing. Reid was fine with it, he understands how fired up Kelce gets. And where do you get off saying that I don't respect my elders @Goldenage, or @4for4, or @Applejacks, or whatever else you call yourself these days. I understand players get emotional in games, it doesn't mean they're bad people or have no respect for authority or elders.

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Basebal21 said:

@MCMLVTopps said:

@Basebal21 said:

How does Mahomes have the authority to override ANY decision by the head coach?

400+ million dollar multi MVP franchise QB. Thats how pro sports work. Coaches can be replaced, superstars are much harder. He absolutely has a say in things if he feels the need to have one. Take away his best weapon and it would be weird if he didnt speak up about even if its just privately.

So, you can't defend your post about how Mahomes has the authority and power to override the head coach. Odd how you seem to struggle with admitting you may have posted something that is so obviously wrong. Has ZIP to do with how much Mahomes makes...call it a zillion dollars. The head coach is the final say so in any and all actions relating to how the KC team plays, whether Mahomes likes it or not. Mahomes can surely voice is opinion, but your post about him overriding the head coach is simply wrong, why don't you admit you made a mistake?

Yes I’m sure perkdog.

It began with Frank Kush at Arizona State in 1979.
    He raised that program from nothing into something and then was fired because of his physical aggressive coaching style.
    Every coach took notice in college football and backed off from that.

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@Hidhoe said:

@Basebal21 said:

@stevek said:

Are you sure about that?

I played football grades 7-12, and had my facemask grabbed by the coach a number of times. No harm at all, just their way of getting you to focus better on what they're telling you to do.

Frank Kush - Arizona State 1979 got fired for that.

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@Hidhoe said:

@Basebal21 said:

@stevek said:

Are you sure about that?

@Hidhoe said:
    Yes I’m sure perkdog.

He raised that program from nothing into something and then was fired because of his physical aggressive coaching style.

@Hidhoe said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@Hidhoe said:

@Basebal21 said:

@stevek said:

Are you sure about that?

Absolutely no offense to you but a blueprint that consists of one coach from 1979 tells me nothing, and I'm willing to bet it was far more than grabbing a facemask or yelling.

Like I said I haven't heard of any college or pro Coach being fired over being too aggressive in recent years at all

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2024 9:49AM

But if the Kelce thing doesn’t bother Reid I don’t know why it bothers anyone here. He knows Kelce better than any of you

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

woody hayes got canned for hitting an opposing player

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

didnt bobby knight get fired from indiana for putting hands on a player?

@craig44 said:
    woody hayes got canned for hitting an opposing player

Yeah must have been thinking of woody hayes

Back in 2010, Nick Saban was pissed off because his quarterback AJ McCarron threw the ball into multiple coverage in the end zone, when McCarron came back to the sidelines Saban chewed him out viciously and then laid one heck of a slap on his backside. Anyway, the cameras caught it and Saban was asked about it later on.

"Football’s a tough game for tough people. There is a lot of intensity and there’s a lot of intensity on the sidelines and there’s a lot of intensity at practice. It’s the way it is,” Saban said. “I’m really apologizing for anything I did to be honest with you. A.J. doesn’t have a problem with it and nobody else should have a problem with it. . . . If you don’t like that then I guess you should go watch the Golf Channel. That’s what football is all about.”

https://youtu.be/h5W8QVp295M?si=Zjc4KeWkLp0F1_0q

for what its worth, Travis Kelce has come out and said his actions were unacceptable and that he crossed the line.

If Travis thinks it...

Here we go, everyone gets there apology, the matter is settled.

Travis Kelce says his Super Bowl sideline scuffle with Coach Andy Reid was 'definitely unacceptable'
    “It wasn’t me mad at coach Reid, as it looks. It was the frustration of our team not having success, turning the ball over, and me being on the sideline,” Kelce explained.

Travis Kelce admitted he crossed a line when he bumped Kansas City Chiefs coach Andy Reid during Sunday's Super Bowl LVIII, conceding it was "unacceptable," while chalking it up to his "passion."

"It’s definitely unacceptable and I immediately wish I would have took it back," Kelce said on the “New Heights” podcast Wednesday, which he hosts with his brother, Jason Kelce, of the Philadelphia Eagles.

"Coach Reid actually came right up to me after that and didn’t even have harsh words for me ... and he just let me know, ‘Hey man, I love your passion. I got cameras on me all over the place man,'” Kelce recalled.

Kelce said he talked to Reid about the scuffle — “and we kind of chuckled about it.”

Cameras at Las Vegas' Allegiant Stadium caught the heated encounter in which Kelce yelled at Reid and appeared to grab the coach's arm during the second quarter.

“Unfortunately sometimes my passion comes out where it looks like it’s negativity but I’m grateful that he knows that it’s all because I want to I want to win this thing with him more than anything,” Kelce explained.

Jason admonished his brother, saying, "you crossed a line."

“I did,” Kelce agreed. “I can’t get that fired up to the point where I'm bumping coach and it’s getting him off balance and stuff. When he stumbled I was just like 'oh s***' in my head.”

“Let’s be honest, the yelling in his face too is over the top. I think there’s better ways to handle this retrospectively,” Jason said.

“Yeah, I know. I’m a passionate guy. I love Coach Reid, Coach Reid knows how much I love to play for him, how much I love to be, you know, a product of his coaching career. I’m not playing for anybody else but Big Red. If he calls it quits this year, I’m out there with him,” Kelce said.

He said the scuffle came "at a moment where we weren’t playing very well, I wasn’t playing very well, and we had to get some s*** going."

Jason noted that Kelce didn't push the coach, but rather ran up toward him and bumped into him.

“You came up hot because you’re pissed off, doesn’t look great, obviously. The optics of it look really bad, but nobody knows your and Big Red’s relationship,” Jason said.

“It wasn’t me mad at coach Reid, as it looks. It was the frustration of our team not having success, turning the ball over, and me being on the sideline,” Kelce explained. “It was me showing my passion and frustration and letting coach know he can put it on me and I’ll make sure I get this s*** done. It wasn’t me yelling at him to do something.”

Kelce said that Reid's calm handling of the incident "fired me up even more to go out there" and secure a "victory for him man."

"So Big Red, sorry if I caught you with that cheap shot baby," Kelce joked.

In the end, the Kansas City Chiefs defeated the San Francisco 49ers 25-22 in a thrilling overtime Super Bowl victory.

Reid joked on CBS’ postgame show that Kelce “keeps me young.”

“He tested that hip out. He caught me off balance — normally, I’d give him a little bit, but I didn’t have any feet under me,” he said.

In his post-game press conference, Reid reiterated that there were no hard feelings between him and the Chiefs tight end.

“He loves to play the game and he wants to help his team win,” Reid told reporters. "It’s not a selfish thing, that’s not what it is, and I understand that."

@stevek said:

See, don't you feel better? Better about Kelce, better about Swift, better about the Chiefs, better about life in general? The answer is yes, of course you do. Now go outside and enjoy the day, enjoy the fresh air, Spring is fastly approaching and the dandelions will be in bloom soon!

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2024 2:19PM

The Red Sea? 🥳🍺🍺
    Think any beer is being consumed?
    Wonder if the Count was able to go?

https://sports.yahoo.com/steve-wilks-fired-as-49ers-defensive-coordinator-after-one-season-it-just-ended-up-being-not-the-right-fit-200934699.html

Steve Wilks fired as 49ers defensive coordinator after one season: 'It just ended up being not the right fit'

That sure was quick. 😐

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 12,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if the shooting during the Chief's Superbowl parade today (at least one death and multiple persons injured?) has anything to do with things that happened during the game (including Kelce yelling at and bumping Reid)?

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

The Red Sea? 🥳🍺🍺

put on ESPN....This is Awful....

@GroceryRackPack said:

@Darin said:

The Red Sea? 🥳🍺🍺

put on ESPN....This is Awful....

Unbelievable!

edited February 14, 2024 5:32PM

@MCMLVTopps said:

@Basebal21 said:

@MCMLVTopps said:

@Basebal21 said:

400+ million dollar multi MVP franchise QB. Thats how pro sports work. Coaches can be replaced, superstars are much harder. He absolutely has a say in things if he feels the need to have one. Take away his best weapon and it would be weird if he didnt speak up about even if its just privately.

So, you can't defend your post about how Mahomes has the authority and power to override the head coach. Odd how you seem to struggle with admitting you may have posted something that is so obviously wrong. Has ZIP to do with how much Mahomes makes...call it a zillion dollars. The head coach is the final say so in any and all actions relating to how the KC team plays, whether Mahomes likes it or not. Mahomes can surely voice is opinion, but your post about him overriding the head coach is simply wrong, why don't you admit you made a mistake?

As stated before one simple statement from Mahomes, "He plays or I dont" and the decision is changed. Mahomes has the power, he just doesnt use it because hes never had too.

Reid is great coach and doesnt make decisions based off his ego and understood the situation and handled it properly so it was never an issue. Kelce is a top 5 TE of all time in the middle of the SB, you dont bench him over some high school style coaching philosophy.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@Hidhoe said:

@Basebal21 said:

@stevek said:

It is nothing. Players are the product and only Kelce and Reid know what kind of relationship they have that social media is judging.

As far as college coaches thats not entirely true. There are some schools that will fire coaches over accusations. Some players make accusations hoping for a pay out especially before the transfer portal. What most of them are at major programs is an excuse to fire a coach with cause that they want to get rid of so they dont have to pay them their big buy out.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@perkdog said:

@Hidhoe said:
    Yes I’m sure perkdog.

@Hidhoe said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@Hidhoe said:

@Basebal21 said:

@stevek said:

Are you sure about that?

Absolutely no offense to you but a blueprint that consists of one coach from 1979 tells me nothing, and I'm willing to bet it was far more than grabbing a facemask or yelling.

Like I said I haven't heard of any college or pro Coach being fired over being too aggressive in recent years at all

Bobby Knight
    Basketball coach at Indiana was the next to fall.
    No proof of the alleged accusation.

Need more ?

@doubledragon said:
    Here we go, everyone gets there apology, the matter is settled.

Travis Kelce says his Super Bowl sideline scuffle with Coach Andy Reid was 'definitely unacceptable'
    “It wasn’t me mad at coach Reid, as it looks. It was the frustration of our team not having success, turning the ball over, and me being on the sideline,” Kelce explained.

Travis Kelce admitted he crossed a line when he bumped Kansas City Chiefs coach Andy Reid during Sunday's Super Bowl LVIII, conceding it was "unacceptable," while chalking it up to his "passion."

"It’s definitely unacceptable and I immediately wish I would have took it back," Kelce said on the “New Heights” podcast Wednesday, which he hosts with his brother, Jason Kelce, of the Philadelphia Eagles.

"Coach Reid actually came right up to me after that and didn’t even have harsh words for me ... and he just let me know, ‘Hey man, I love your passion. I got cameras on me all over the place man,'” Kelce recalled.

Kelce said he talked to Reid about the scuffle — “and we kind of chuckled about it.”

Cameras at Las Vegas' Allegiant Stadium caught the heated encounter in which Kelce yelled at Reid and appeared to grab the coach's arm during the second quarter.

“Unfortunately sometimes my passion comes out where it looks like it’s negativity but I’m grateful that he knows that it’s all because I want to I want to win this thing with him more than anything,” Kelce explained.

Jason admonished his brother, saying, "you crossed a line."

“I did,” Kelce agreed. “I can’t get that fired up to the point where I'm bumping coach and it’s getting him off balance and stuff. When he stumbled I was just like 'oh s***' in my head.”

“Let’s be honest, the yelling in his face too is over the top. I think there’s better ways to handle this retrospectively,” Jason said.

“Yeah, I know. I’m a passionate guy. I love Coach Reid, Coach Reid knows how much I love to play for him, how much I love to be, you know, a product of his coaching career. I’m not playing for anybody else but Big Red. If he calls it quits this year, I’m out there with him,” Kelce said.

He said the scuffle came "at a moment where we weren’t playing very well, I wasn’t playing very well, and we had to get some s*** going."

Jason noted that Kelce didn't push the coach, but rather ran up toward him and bumped into him.

“You came up hot because you’re pissed off, doesn’t look great, obviously. The optics of it look really bad, but nobody knows your and Big Red’s relationship,” Jason said.

“It wasn’t me mad at coach Reid, as it looks. It was the frustration of our team not having success, turning the ball over, and me being on the sideline,” Kelce explained. “It was me showing my passion and frustration and letting coach know he can put it on me and I’ll make sure I get this s*** done. It wasn’t me yelling at him to do something.”

Kelce said that Reid's calm handling of the incident "fired me up even more to go out there" and secure a "victory for him man."

"So Big Red, sorry if I caught you with that cheap shot baby," Kelce joked.

In the end, the Kansas City Chiefs defeated the San Francisco 49ers 25-22 in a thrilling overtime Super Bowl victory.

Reid joked on CBS’ postgame show that Kelce “keeps me young.”

“He tested that hip out. He caught me off balance — normally, I’d give him a little bit, but I didn’t have any feet under me,” he said.

In his post-game press conference, Reid reiterated that there were no hard feelings between him and the Chiefs tight end.

“He loves to play the game and he wants to help his team win,” Reid told reporters. "It’s not a selfish thing, that’s not what it is, and I understand that."

So Kelce just proved your statement of “this was nothing” wrong.

He said it was unacceptable as I and others have said.

His outward aggression and lack of respect for others is a step down, but similar to the shooting that took place at the parade.

Some here don’t understand the real world we live in.

edited February 15, 2024 12:05AM

@SanctionII said:
    I wonder if the shooting during the Chief's Superbowl parade today (at least one death and multiple persons injured?) has anything to do with things that happened during the game (including Kelce yelling at and bumping Reid)?

Many here won’t understand the correlation, but yes to answer your question.

Kelce feels like he has the right to go off on his coach and not respect him.

The shooter feels the same way towards others.

No, Kelce is not responsible for the shooting, the shooter is, and both are a disruption to a decent society.

@craig44 said:
    for what its worth, Travis Kelce has come out and said his actions were unacceptable and that he crossed the line.

If Travis thinks it...

And Tom Brady couldn’t understand that, so I’m glad Travis explained it to him.

edited February 15, 2024 12:27AM

The Columbine school massacre in Colorado was just a few years after Pearl Jam’s MTV video Jeremy Spoke is n Class Today was released.

You guys do understand the impact these images and scenes have on our youth and society?

This is a Horrible scene !!!
    Anyone who looks at this and justifies Kelce’s actions is a sick person.

@Hidhoe said:

@perkdog said:

@Hidhoe said:
    Yes I’m sure perkdog.

@Hidhoe said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@Hidhoe said:

@Basebal21 said:

@stevek said:

Are you sure about that?

Bobby Knight

Need more ?

No proof other than the fact that its on video and is easy to find.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

edited February 15, 2024 2:19AM

@Basebal21 said:

@Hidhoe said:

@perkdog said:

@Hidhoe said:
    Yes I’m sure perkdog.

@Hidhoe said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@Hidhoe said:

@Basebal21 said:

@stevek said:

Are you sure about that?

Bobby Knight

Need more ?

No proof other than the fact that its on video and is easy to find.

Yeah - misspoke on that one.
    Was typing off memory.
    Kid was disrespectful to coach and you just didn’t do that back then.
    Wanted to also add that Latrell Sprewell choked his coach and got a 10 game suspension.
    Knight got fired.
    Knight was a legend at Indiana.
    Sprewell ………….

You will NEVER see this **** in SEC football or in Texas , where respecting coaches and authority is taught and reinforced daily in their culture.

Kelce went to high school and college in Ohio. The state where Woody Hayes lost his job for punching an opposing player.

Could you ever dream of Nick Saban have something like this happen to him ? That answer is no.

@Hidhoe said:

You will NEVER see this **** in SEC football or in Texas , where respecting coaches and authority is taught and reinforced daily in their culture.

Kelce went to high school and college in Ohio. The state where Woody Hayes lost his job for punching an opposing player.

Could you ever dream of Nick Saban have something like this happen to him ? That answer is no.

Oh please, come down off your high horse, 2018 national championship game, Alabama linebacker Mekhi Brown attacked an Alabama coach on the sidelines.

https://youtu.be/y7qcCrMtpE0?si=Czi1VwPwG4EbMIum

edited February 15, 2024 4:42AM

@Hidhoe said:

@perkdog said:

@Hidhoe said:
    Yes I’m sure perkdog.

@Hidhoe said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@Hidhoe said:

@Basebal21 said:

@stevek said:

Are you sure about that?

Bobby Knight

Need more ?

I will give that, I forgot about Knight. I guess there was one other that I saw, a baseball coach from Northwestern was fired for it I guess so I was wrong

It's a short list of who got fired for being too aggressive with players though and it's all college

You absolutely will not find a Pro one and that's not even debatable

edited February 15, 2024 5:35AM

@doubledragon said:

@Hidhoe said:

Oh please, come down off your high horse, 2018 national championship game, Alabama linebacker Mekhi Brown attacked an Alabama coach on the sidelines.

I see you have a difficult time understanding the narrative here.

The narrative is players being disrespectful to head coaches.

You will never see an SEC head coach get disrespected.

It happens with assistants a lot which too is totally uncalled for.
    That kid punched a Georgia player, and then was told to get the **** out of Bama after that game, and he did.

Let’s see if the same happens to Kelce. I won’t hold my breath because you and others think it’s no big deal. Your own words.

You mouth off to a coach in the SEC and your *** is history.

No other D1 SEC team took that kid either.

It’s called “sending a message “.

The same way the NFL sent a message to CK and his kind.

Let’s see what they do with Kelce

@Hidhoe said:

@doubledragon said:

@Hidhoe said:

That kid punched a Georgia player, and then was told to get the **** out of Bama after that game, and he did.

Let’s see if the same happens to Kelce. I won’t hold my breath because you and others think it’s no big deal. Your own words.

I don't think it's ok for players to attack coaches, I'm just not butthurt about the Kelce thing like you are, because Kelce didn't mean anything by it, he was fired up in the Super Bowl.

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2024 6:29AM

@Basebal21 said:

@MCMLVTopps said:

@Basebal21 said:

@MCMLVTopps said:

@Basebal21 said:

As stated before one simple statement from Mahomes, "He plays or I dont" and the decision is changed. Mahomes has the power, he just doesnt use it because hes never had too.

Reid is great coach and doesnt make decisions based off his ego and understood the situation and handled it properly so it was never an issue. Kelce is a top 5 TE of all time in the middle of the SB, you dont bench him over some high school style coaching philosophy.

Delusional rationale

@MCMLVTopps said:

@Basebal21 said:

@MCMLVTopps said:

@Basebal21 said:

@MCMLVTopps said:

@Basebal21 said:

Delusional rationale

Whether you like it not thats how high level sports work and have worked for many years now

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@Hidhoe said:

@doubledragon said:

@Hidhoe said:

Mekhi Brown incident happened in 2018 where he basically never saw the field. That was also before the transfer portal. Players get treated differently depending how good they are.

Again though we also dont have the full story of what someone is like on or off the field and what relationships with coaches are like. Theres a 5 star DB that was cut from Texas A&M and LSU twice in the last 2 years for starting fights in practice and then trying to start them again in the locker room. Theres also coaches that have been fired because the players hated them. It all goes both ways.

Its not high school, its not 1920 where coaches are gods, youre making way to big of a deal out of what happened in the Kelce situation. They dont care care about it and are only issuing fake apologizes because social media is making a mountain out of a mole hill

Missouri 14 OSU 3

I see where Travis got in more trouble today.

I'm not even going to post the news story at this point. Suffice to say it was quite repugnant what he did.