Home Sports Talk
Options

2023 college football thread

Comments

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 25, 2023 6:23AM

@Bullsitter said: Take 1-65 North until you smell it, the go East on 1-70 until you step in it

Well now, this is actually pretty funny because in his rush to humor @Bullsitter is the one who "stepped in it" with his directions!! :p You should have told him the game was in Ann Arbor so he needed I-75.

--- I-65 which starts in Alabama does head North, but it ends up in Chicago.
    --- What you were looking for is I-75 which starts in Florida and passes west of Columbus on its way to Detroit and points north.

Nice one!!

• Options

So today is the day, two of the Biggest games in college football: Ohio State vs. Michigan and Alabama vs. Auburn, Big 10 and SEC grudge matches at their best!! The games always get me riled up but make me laugh because the records and relative strengths of the teams just don't seem to matter. Throw the records out the window, throw what everyone who thinks they know anything out the window, especially if it's @Bullsitter or @coolstanley.

The Big 10 match is pretty close. Doesn't matter. Either team could win. It's in Ann Arbor, home of the Wolverines. Doesn't matter. Ohio State is #2 and Michigan is #3. Doesn't matter. Harbaughs in his basement. Doesn't matter. I think Michigan will win. Doesn't matter. Could be a close game and it could be a blow-out.

The SEC match should be easier to figure out. Alabama is clearly the better team. Doesn't matter. It's being played in Auburn. Doesn't matter. Alabama is ranked #8 and Auburn isn't ranked. Doesn't matter. I think Alabama will win. Doesn't matter. The only thing I think is that it will be a close game. Doesn't matter.

It honestly doesn't get any better than this if you're from up north. If you're from down south it gets a little better next week!! :p

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 25, 2023 7:13AM

@Maywood said:
    @Bullsitter said: Take 1-65 North until you smell it, the go East on 1-70 until you step in it

Well now, this is actually pretty funny because in his rush to humor @Bullsitter is the one who "stepped in it" with his directions!! :p You should have told him the game was in Ann Arbor so he needed I-75.

--- I-65 which starts in Alabama does head North, but it ends up in Chicago.
    --- What you were looking for is I-75 which starts in Florida and passes west of Columbus on its way to Detroit and points north.

Nice one!!

He said he was going to Columbus to watch the game on tv with his brother, not Ann Arbor.
    Said his brother doesn't handle loses well..... :*

• Options

Only two possessions but Ohio State seems to be committed to the right tackle hole..................with little success.

• Options
    ApplejacksApplejacks Posts: 384 ✭✭✭

@Maywood said:
    Only two possessions but Ohio State seems to be committed to the right tackle hole..................with little success.

Good luck today coolwood.
    I mean Maystanley.
    Good luck to both of you.

Michigan needs to lose.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

And McCord gives Michigan a gift touchdown!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    And McCord gives Michigan a gift touchdown!

🤮

• Options

🤮🤬🤮🤬🤮😡🤬

• Options

7-3

Okay

Game on again.

No more picks please. 🤬

• Options
    edited November 25, 2023 11:02AM

Good 1st quarter, need some more commercials.
    McCool almost had another pick.

• Options

Poor choices on the passes by McCord and the Refs on both sides of the ball seem to be plagued with a slow whistle when forward progress has been stopped.

• Options

Time to hide the women and children.
    It’s looking ugly.
    🤮

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ohio St is dead

no way they're coming back with that QB

• Options

Talk about refs - no way that ball was controlled for their second TD. Ohio State is in trouble

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭✭✭

Big Ten referee nightmare today. Who to give favorable calls to in the Buckeyes - Astros game.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

Well that's better - now the Bucs need a D stop big time!

• Options

Ok. Cmon State.
    It ain’t over until Woody Hayes sings.
    Lots of time left.

• Options

Ali vs Smokin' Joe.....gonna be a wild 2nd half.

• Options

We were talking about the officials and someone mentioned that these might not be Big 10 refs. Does anyone know for sure??

• Options

@Maywood said:
    We were talking about the officials and someone mentioned that these might not be Big 10 refs. Does anyone know for sure??

I’m suprised cool Stanley didn’t know when you asked him. 🤔

• Options

My bad Maywood. Stanley is actually at the game today with his mom. Peace.

• Options

17-17 now !!!! Cmon state

• Options

The only stat that matters is the one on the scoreboard!

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep ramming it down their throats.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

McCord sure does have a bad habit of throwing right into tight coverage.

• Options

Kentucky beating Louisville in the 4th.

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    The only stat that matters is the one on the scoreboard!

Right. The interception is the difference right now.
    Only three penalties called all game. Unusual

• Options
    edited November 25, 2023 1:23PM

Ryan Day needs to turn his attention more to managing his team and less towards whining to the Officials. This will be the 3rd straight loss to Michigan for Day and his only win was with a team recruited by Urban Meyer. He might be heading out the door in a few years if he can't reverse that trend.

• Options

Kentucky beats #9 Louisville.

• Options

And that's the ballgame folks!!!!!!!!!! Michigan MVP - Kyle McCord.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought the game was well-officiated. Didn't think Michigan's 2nd TD was even close to being not a touchdown.

McCord's first pick was brutal but overall he played pretty well.

Mccarthy played his best game in weeks for Michigan. Very, very sharp.

Just a darn good football game that had me nervous to the end. With the right team winning ;)

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

Michigan State has hired Oregon State head coach Jonathan Smith to be their new head coach.

• Options

I think the refs may have given them a free touchdown. The Michigan receiver didnt have control of the ball.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭✭

Lol Ryan Day. As I said before the season OSU has a Ryan Day problem and Kyle McCord is not good. That game was a battle of which mediocre QB could be more incompetent. They really should fall out of the top 10 but they wont because of the make of up of the committee.

With Louisville losing FSU is now the only hope for the ACC getting a playoff team. All the conference title games are set besides the Big 12. If Oak State wins it will be them vs Texas, if they lose it will be Texas Oklahoma

• Options

AND Sherrone Moore outcoached Ryan Day

U of M fans everywhere must be cackling with glee

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

Not really. It was harbaugh. He was there all week.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

@coolstanley said:

@galaxy27 said:

Not really. It was harbaugh. He was there all week.

Yeah, strange way to suspend a coach - he coaches the team in practice all week then has to sit in his hotel room during the game while texting the coaches! ??

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

U of M fans everywhere must be cackling with glee

Harbaugh was probably sending messages but yea Michigan lead basically the entire game. Ryan Day at this point is basically James Franklin with more talent

• Options

no way I could stomach Ryan Day being the HC of my team. dude coaches scared. he punted on 4th and 1 near midfield (who does that now?), and he trusted his kicker more than his QB at the end of the first half.......when the kid had never made a FG that long is his entire kicking career dating back to high school. he nailed the first kick, but Moore iced him. then he pulled the real kick and it had no chance the moment it left his foot.

he's 1-6 in games that matter

if you're an OSU fan you should be praying he goes to A&M

• Options

To be fair I wouldnt trust McCord with anything either. I also wouldnt have been starting him though

• Options

one last thought

gus johnson is my favorite sportscaster. it could be the chicago bears practice squad against the little sisters of the poor, but the moment he started raising his voice i'd start getting excited

but I'm here to tell you that if he had said the world famous ohio state buckeyes one more time during that game, i was going to go find a drug dealer and shoot heroin

• Options
    edited November 25, 2023 4:44PM

@Basebal21 said: Ryan Day at this point is basically James Franklin with more talent.

Not really, he's more like John Cooper with less talent.

Meanwhile, Alabama vs. Auburn has both teams starting to get "chippy" as the 'Tide fights for relevance. Somehow I figure Saban will figure out a way to win.

• Options

How in the hell did Auburn let that game slip away? Un F'n believable.

• Options

@Steven59 said: How in the hell did Auburn let that game slip away? Un F'n believable.

It was a really great throw by Milroe and a great catch, but the defense on that was incredibly stupid. Rushing two and giving the QB all day to pass?? Oh well.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 18,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

Michigan 30 OSU 24 11-25-23

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    How in the hell did Auburn let that game slip away? Un F'n believable.

They got smashed by New Mexico state last week, so I didnt expect them to beat Bama. They found a way a lose.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

So the Kentucky game the only upset so far? Florida might upset FSU without their QB.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

Nice snowstorm in Kansas. Anyone know who Texas plays next week?

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

Rewatching that last play of the Ohio State loss once again McCord threw the pass into quadruple coverage on his intended receiver. There were 4 Blue jerseys surrounding the OSU player when the pass arrived low - didn't stand a chance. The announcers of the game had stated earlier that McCord usually stares right at the receiver the play/pass is intended for and the Michigan defenders were keying on that.

• Options

@coolstanley said:

Anyone know who Texas plays next week?

Oklahoma State