Home U.S. Coin Forum

-CLOSED-

Comments

• fathomfathom Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2023 12:05PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@MasonG said:
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.” - C.S. Lewis

Lol. I know I've been cured. I'm just not sure of what...

"If we don't stand for something we will fall for anything" - Alexander Hamilton.

There you go, now you are cured.

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jeffas1974 said:

@Connecticoin said:
    It is essentially unregulated gambling, like those stupid DealDash “auctions”

Were the vault box listings on eBay really any different from all the unsearched roll listings from that aspect?

No. Those are gambling as well, except for the seller.

• FrazFraz Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

• PeakRaritiesPeakRarities Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2023 9:43AM

@Fraz said:

@Fraz prays:

Let the last person who writes to this thread be the fool.

I don’t care if I end up being the fool, I already consider myself a fool for spending so much of my time on this topic lol.

(Carried over from the other thread) @jmlanzaf i understand my figures may not be completely accurate but without picking nits that doesn’t really change that The “rare”/best coin from both of those boxes, unless I missed something?, wholesales for under $100. I just thought that the “rare” category would have a little better value than that, and I feel that it was rather unfortunate for him. I don’t have a pitchfork in my hands, I’d like to see more results.

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

edited January 30, 2023 4:31PM

Littleton made me wary of the unknown approval young. It was an effort to pay for what I wanted to keep. My folks did not support my buying stuff through the post. The penalty for an undesirable lot was asking for, pilfer, or get cold caught with a purple four-cent lincoln and an envelope. I put the returns in my neighbors’ mailbox. (My ma never abandoned the depression mentality.)

It is marketing that targets people who enjoy taking a risk, and at the worst jacking up compulsive risk takers.

Were I knowledgeable I would be a sucker. I live dangerously enough, I buy raw coins and put them in flips without crushing the staple.

Edit: autocorrupt

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Fraz said:
    Littleton made me wary of the unknown approval young. It was an effort to pay for what I wanted to keep. My folks did not support my buying stuff through the post. The penalty for an undesirable lot was asking for, pilfer, or get cold caught with a purple four-cent lincoln and an envelope. I put the returns in my neighbors mailbox. (My ma never abandon the depression mentality.

It is marketing that targets people who enjoy taking a risk, and at the worst jacking up compulsive risk takers.

We’re I knowledgeable I would be a sucker. I live dangerously enough, I buy raw coins and put them in flips without crushing the staple.

Egads! Staples!

I bought a cinch stapler 20 years ago and sleep better. It staples flat, no need to crimp it down.

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭

I messed up an 1820 Quarter with a staple years ago.

• WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

OMG...the Moderator missed one!🤣😂

• DCWDCW Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

We have come full circle, folks. Where it all began.

In before the lock :D

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• DCWDCW Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Fraz said:
    What the heck is VaultBox?

It's like Pandora's box but for rich kids :D

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

@DCW said:

Sorry DCW...I tried but it looks like it's back on you.😂🤣

Here's a real discussion from 3 days ago that was never posted on the forum yet. Pretty refreshing compared to the other Vaultbox videos which seemed promotional in nature. Looking forward to seeing the sequel if they make one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eShWx_BcBEM&t=620s

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• wozymodowozymodo Posts: 138 ✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@DCW said:

Sorry DCW...I tried but it looks like it's back on you.😂🤣

I tried too.

• silversurfrsilversurfr Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited January 30, 2023 1:05PM

The eagles have landed! Let's try to have a little FUN! (at my expense).

I weighed both boxes with my not so great scale.

Which box, if any, is the most valuable??

Use emojis below to cast your vote:

Agree: Box A (11.58oz)
    Like: Box B (11.51oz)
    LOL: Neither, your a fool

Assuming you guys don't get this thread shut down (like the other 2), I will post the contents of each (for better or likely worse) after work.

@silversurfr said:

Assuming you guys don't get this thread shut down (like the other 2), I will post the contents of each (for better or likely worse) after work.

good chance that box A has 3 silver eagles and box B has a 1/4 oz gold eagle. looking forward to seeing your results

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

@silversurfr said:

Funny.

• UpGrayeddUpGrayedd Posts: 572 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silversurfr said:

I agree with @DeplorableDan's assessment, and I too am looking forward to seeing your results. I hope you get a red core/winner and VaultBox should too. As I said in one of the other threads, VB really needs some regular Joe's to start pulling winners or it will look like the fix was in.

After you're finished opening your boxes, be sure to visit the other thread and submit your haiku or limerick to the poetry contest. :D

Philippians 4:4-7

@silversurfr said:

Stay positive! My vote is box A! 🤞Thanks for sharing! 😎

• privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

Celebrate good times come on! :D

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• jeffas1974jeffas1974 Posts: 401 ✭✭✭✭

Here’s another YouTube video for you Freddie

https://youtube.com/shorts/DUq2Oi3GPoQ?feature=share

• silversurfrsilversurfr Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited January 30, 2023 2:08PM

The wife is even excited to see what's inside
    .. Likely cause I didn't tell her what they cost:)

@jeffas1974 said:
    Here’s another YouTube video for you Freddie

https://youtube.com/shorts/DUq2Oi3GPoQ?feature=share

Thank you for your contribution!😎

@silversurfr said:
    The wife is even excited to see what's inside
    .. Likely cause I didn't tell her what they cost:)

SMART!😎

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven’t checked into the board in awhile so have been out of the loop. This looks really stupid to me, and I hope not many fall for it. There were “mystery box” auctions on eBay for awhile, and they finally got banned. Same thing here.. the sellers are laughing all the way to the bank.

• Bring on series 2!

@silversurfr said:
    Not sure what to make of the weight differential, but who cares. Red core gold in both!

Dude! I win! Box A had the gold proof. Looking forward to receiving your giveaway! 🤣😂

Seriously, I am so happy for you. I did tell you to stay positive right?😉😎

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    Looks like I wasn't the only one confused by the Out of Stock status!! See this update on the website:

**Please note “Out of Stock” is only a placeholder and will be replaced at the scheduled release time above

$595.00

Out of stock

No worries even if it wasn’t a place holder. It would be easy to make more. Common date MS69 silver eagles are easy to come by. I’d happily sell you three NGC MS69 silver eagles (dates of my choice) for $500 and you could pocket the extra $100.

@silversurfr said:
    Not sure what to make of the weight differential, but who cares. Red core gold in both!

Congrats! Did you order through the pwcc pre sale or through the regular release on vaultbox website?

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• jeffas1974jeffas1974 Posts: 401 ✭✭✭✭

@silversurfr said:

Nice pulls! Out of curiosity, would you mind weighing each of the empty boxes? I thought it might be possible that the weight difference existed there.

• Purchased through regular release (after about 200 attempts)
    • I'll weigh the boxes & individual slabs later & report back. Curious myself.
  • All that said. 9.9 (69) on moderns is kinda booty.. if your listening VB, 10 or bust on moderns.

edited January 30, 2023 6:01PM

The display photo is alright!

I can tell that you ain’t bored.

Edited for photo

• daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silversurfr said:
    All that said. 9.9 (69) on moderns is kinda booty.. if your listening VB, 10 or bust on moderns.

Serious question: does bullion generally count as "Moderns"? Besides, 69 is pretty darn exciting on business strike moderns.

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silversurfr said:
    Not sure what to make of the weight differential, but who cares. Red core gold in both!!

That is really cool. For statistics geeks like me it would be interesting to see the odds of getting two out of two red cores.

• NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2023 9:02AM

@daltex said:

@silversurfr said:
    All that said. 9.9 (69) on moderns is kinda booty.. if your listening VB, 10 or bust on moderns.

Serious question: does bullion generally count as "Moderns"? Besides, 69 is pretty darn exciting on business strike moderns.

Yes, bullion is modern. And no, 69 is not exciting on coins that never enter circulation, like bullion that goes right into tubes, without ever banging around in bins or bags.

Pretty much every graded bullion coin that is not a 70 is a 69. They have value to people conditioned by telemarketers to believe they have value, but to wholesalers, they don't. And that is why the Instant Offers are right around raw, even after taking into account the magic value attributed to the slabs and labels.

• privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wait for vaultbox 2.0..... :D

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

2/3 of the big boy coins have made an appearance on Reddit. The 95-W ASE is all that remains

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silversurfr said:

Congratulations!

;)
    <3B)<3

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • @jeffas1974 said:

Nice pulls! Out of curiosity, would you mind weighing each of the empty boxes? I thought it might be possible that the weight difference existed there.

You were right. The plastic boxes differ by about a gram+

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DeplorableDan said:
    2/3 of the big boy coins have made an appearance on Reddit. The 95-W ASE is all that remains

A $25 Gold Eagle is one of three "Big Boys"?

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VanHalen said:

@DeplorableDan said:

A $25 Gold Eagle is one of three "Big Boys"?

Greysheet is $10k

• CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭✭✭

700!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file