Home Sports Talk
Options

Let's talk about our "Jimmy the Greek specials"

Comments

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

I need SF money line on 1 sheet. And KC money line on another sheet to complete my parlays.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,777 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    I need SF money line on 1 sheet. And KC money line on another sheet to complete my parlays.

We are all in this together 💪

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

I absolutely cannot believe I had to sweat the Chiefs game after what I went through in the Philly game but I got 'em

We're going to have to start calling you Big Bank Hank

Nice score!!

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2023 7:57AM

a 9-teamer and a 16-teamer...........what a weekend you had, @perkdog. it is so unbelievably difficult to dodge that many bullets. WELL DONE. 🍻

let's talk about last night's game for a moment. during the week i saw Chiefs-Jets as high as -9.5. right before kickoff it had dropped to -7.5 at my book. that type of movement sounds the alarm bells in galaxy27's mind, especially when i can't make sense of it. we were talking about the Jets here, with Zach Wilson, and the reigning SB champs with the best QB in football and a revamped defense. i simply could not understand why so much money was coming in on the Jets with expectations of it being a competitive game. if you had polled 100 random people prior to that game, i assure you that the majority of them would have predicted an easy win by KC.

someone knows something.

so when the Chiefs stormed out to a 17-0 lead, i'm sure 99.9% of people watching that game thought that it would end in a massacre. not me. that is not at all what i was thinking -- based on the line movement. honest to goodness, from that moment forward i expected the unexpected to happen, not because it's what i truly thought as someone who follows the NFL, but strictly based on the money flow.

someone knows something.

then it started happening. Patrick Mahomes started looking like Zach Wilson and Zach Wilson started looking like Patrick Mahomes. the Jets had come all the way back and there was a real possibility that they would win the game outright. i really couldn't believe that i was watching yet another inexplicable outcome of an NFL game that was mirroring the inexplicable betting patterns. anyone who had $ tied to KC was probably counting the cash when it was 17-0. i was very apprehensive. and we got very lucky in the end.

and did you see the end of the game? when Mahomes was headed to the end zone for an easy score (and cover), yet pulled up short of the goal line? i understood completely why he did it, but when you take into consideration everything i've talked about..........it's just plain creepy.

whether you choose to acknowledge this or not, when a line moves hard in a direction that leaves you scratching your head, and the game plays out that way and forces you to scratch your head a second time, believe you me, someone knows something. i've seen it happen so........many........times. and if effs with my head every........single........time.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    a 9-teamer and a 16-teamer...........what a weekend you had, @perkdog. it is so unbelievably difficult to dodge that many bullets. WELL DONE. 🍻

let's talk about last night's game for a moment. during the week i saw Chiefs-Jets as high as -9.5. right before kickoff it had dropped to -7.5 at my book. that type of movement sounds the alarm bells in galaxy27's mind, especially when i can't make sense of it. we were talking about the Jets here, with Zach Wilson, and the reigning SB champs with the best QB in football and a revamped defense. i simply could not understand why so much money was coming in on the Jets with expectations of it being a competitive game. if you had polled 100 random people prior to that game, i assure you that the majority of them would have predicted an easy win by KC.

someone knows something.

so when the Chiefs stormed out to a 17-0 lead, i'm sure 99.9% of people watching that game thought that it would end in a massacre. not me. that is not at all what i was thinking -- based on the line movement. honest to goodness, from that moment forward i expected the unexpected to happen, not because it's what i truly thought as someone who follows the NFL, but strictly based on the money flow.

someone knows something.

then it started happening. Patrick Mahomes started looking like Zach Wilson and Zach Wilson started looking like Patrick Mahomes. the Jets had come all the way back and there was a real possibility that they would win the game outright. i really couldn't believe that i was watching yet another inexplicable outcome of an NFL game that was mirroring the inexplicable betting patterns. anyone who had $ tied to KC was probably counting the cash when it was 17-0. i was very apprehensive. and we got very lucky in the end.

and did you see the end of the game? when Mahomes was headed to the end zone for an easy score (and cover), yet pulled up short of the goal line? i understood completely why he did it, but when you take into consideration everything i've talked about..........it's just plain creepy.

whether you choose to acknowledge this or not, when a line moves hard in a direction that leaves you scratching your head, and the game plays out that way and forces you to scratch your head a second time, believe you me, someone knows something. i've seen it happen so........many........times. and if effs with my head every........single........time.

I thought the same on your point of PM not running in for the TD. What with covering the point spread. However upon looking back he must of been thinking by staying in bounds he knew they could run the clock out as NY had no time outs left. But on the other hand he still could of scored and KC still would of been up 2 scores leaving the Jets with the ball down those 2 scores with no time outs and roughly just over a minute to play. I recall there was 1:43 on the clock when Mahomes (slid into home plate) A bit of sarcasm here. Guess KC did not want to take the chance of giving the ball back to the Jets even if KC were to up those 2 scores and NY with no time outs left. That's how the coach will justify the decision to us all I did not need KC to cover the spread just win straight up.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like we were all in the same boat, I had eagles, Niners and chiefs as my big 3 ml parlay. Lot of sweating to win that one. Also had a nice college parlay. Won $700 for the weekend.
    Kc and eagles will be dropping out of my big 3 next week.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

Mahomes was terrible throwing it yesterday but the slide was a good play. They slid in the sb and 2 weeks ago they had 2 yards to score and kneeled to run out the clock.
    Never take kc spread if it’s over a TD because they usually win but hardly ever cover.
    The bears last week was an exception, kc tends to play down to the level of competition which is very frustrating

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

Thanks guys it was definitely a stressful win! 🍻

• Options

Next week I like bills, lions, dolphins as a 3 team ml parlay. And maybe throw in Niners over cowboys to sweeten the pot

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

@BLUEJAYWAY check this out

I love Hovland lol

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭

The sharks took the 9.5 points and caused the line to drop. Not sure there is any real value to the last minute line dropping analysis/conspiracy theory as it seems that for every example where "people knew something", there is a counter example where the "people in the know" lost their shirts.

Mahomes did the standard NFL move where you are guaranteed a victory by sliding vs there being a chance (however small) of losing if you score. I think there has been maybe one game I can ever remember where the kneeling team fumbled and the other team recovered and won versus multiple games where a team down two scores with under 2 minutes left scored, got an onside kick, and then scored again to win.

Robb

• Options

i needed a reason to acknowledge this game's existence

+572.69

• Options

Galaxy- so 9 and 7 means you’ve won 9 holes with 7 to play so match over? Or am I wrong on that?

I heard Scottie and brooks got destroyed 9 and 7.
    I’m actually happy for Rory and also victor hovland. I heard Rory was pissed at another golfers caddy for walking or standing on his line.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

@Darin said:

Galaxy- so 9 and 7 means you’ve won 9 holes with 7 to play so match over? Or am I wrong on that?

I heard Scottie and brooks got destroyed 9 and 7.
    I’m actually happy for Rory and also victor hovland. I heard Rory was pissed at another golfers caddy for walking or standing on his line.

correct. they got smashed. like losing an NFL game 70-20. oh wait, that just happened too.

as for Rory, this article does a better job of explaining what happened than i could here. but it spilled into the parking lot and Rory became unhinged. watch the first part of the video and you'll see it.

https://golf.com/news/report-joe-lacava-apologized-to-rory-mcilroy/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBJy43Oy3bs

• Options

@Darin said:
    Mahomes was terrible throwing it yesterday but the slide was a good play. They slid in the sb and 2 weeks ago they had 2 yards to score and kneeled to run out the clock.
    Never take kc spread if it’s over a TD because they usually win but hardly ever cover.
    The bears last week was an exception, kc tends to play down to the level of competition which is very frustrating

I never bet a fav to cover. Always money line mixed in with over bets. Am happy if my win bet at least wins the game. I like to bet overs as a stand alone parlay. I have 2 teams working for me.

• Options

@Darin said:
    Looks like we were all in the same boat, I had eagles, Niners and chiefs as my big 3 ml parlay. Lot of sweating to win that one. Also had a nice college parlay. Won $700 for the weekend.
    Kc and eagles will be dropping out of my big 3 next week.

I took 2 ml college games,over Eagles game,ml SF,KC,Buffalo.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    @BLUEJAYWAY check this out

I love Hovland lol

I'm jealous!

• Options

My 1 sheet parlay with college picks/pros: ML-Clemson,Miami,USC/ML-Buff,SF, and over Bengals game.

• Options

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    My 1 sheet parlay with college picks/pros: ML-Clemson,Miami,USC/ML-Buff,SF, and over Bengals game.

44.5 with Miami is pretty tempting even though Cincy can't score but maybe against Miami they will

• Options

+622.69

• Options

I put a $20 wager on the Orioles to win the WS at +700 just because they’ve had a great regular season.
    You cant win 100+ games without great pitching but I can’t name 1 of their pitchers. Will get more familiar with them when playoffs start. 😗

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

is 4 greater than 7.5 ? 😅

the big, bad, 99-win Rays really shot out of the gates at home today

• Options

i think you guys will get a kick out of this one. a 10-team, 21-point teaser. i fully expect to lose at least one of these, even after shoving the lines by 3 touchdowns.

watch the Bears lose by 30 tomorrow night and blow it up immediately 😅

+562.19

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    i think you guys will get a kick out of this one. a 10-team, 21-point teaser. i fully expect to lose at least one of these, even after shoving the lines by 3 touchdowns.

watch the Bears lose by 30 tomorrow night and blow it up immediately 😅

+562.19

Funny story I did one of these last year and I had everything hammered down except the Rams on Sunday or Monday night against SF.

I had Rans +14.5 I think and last drive for Rams I needed a score to cover,well they were just about in the Red Zone and Ofcourse I ran into a pick 6 to seal the rear end froster.

Painful stuff

• Options

Check this dart throw out lol

• Options

@perkdog hell yeah!

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    @perkdog hell yeah!

Thanks Bro 🍻

• Options

This is so stupid how I lost its actually funny.

That SCUMBAG Miami Hurricanes coach decided it was smart to NOT take a freaking knee and run the ball, then that loser running back Ofcourse fumbles and they just let Georgia Tech score a winning TD.

I'm literally dumbfounded that this happened I'm not sure if it's more funny or just stupid

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

That SCUMBAG Miami Hurricanes coach decided it was smart to NOT take a freaking knee and run the ball, then that loser running back Ofcourse fumbles and they just let Georgia Tech score a winning TD.

I'm literally dumbfounded that this happened I'm not sure if it's more funny or just stupid

I'm reading that this coach did the same thing at Oregon in 2018. 🤷

• Options

@perkdog

i just read up on what happened and i'm still in disbelief. you simply cannot save some of these idiot head coaches from themselves.

the good news is that you've been in the zone lately; as difficult as it may be, try to distance yourself from that horrific beat and keep doing your thing 🍻

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    @perkdog

i just read up on what happened and i'm still in disbelief. you simply cannot save some of these idiot head coaches from themselves.

the good news is that you've been in the zone lately; as difficult as it may be, try to distance yourself from that horrific beat and keep doing your thing 🍻

Yep. Gotta take the wins with the losses brother

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

I'm reading that this coach did the same thing at Oregon in 2018. 🤷

Inexcusable

• Options

We've all been there. A tough beat for sure. A friend of mine was watching a game some 35 years ago and he threw a 6 pack of beer at the TV screen after a bad beat. Try to stay positive,regroup. Next week will be here soon.

• Options

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    We've all been there. A tough beat for sure. A friend of mine was watching a game some 35 years ago and he threw a 6 pack of beer at the TV screen after a bad beat. Try to stay positive,regroup. Next week will be here soon.

Thanks bud

• Options

won that wild teaser (which was fun and I'll do it again next weekend)

the Packers are rested after 11 days, they just feel like the better team, and they are plus money. but this is the NFL we're talking about and every wager is truly a gamble, thus I'm fully prepared to eat this one

tied them to the Chiefs on Thursday

+621.01

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    won that wild teaser (which was fun and I'll do it again next weekend)

the Packers are rested after 11 days, they just feel like the better team, and they are plus money. but this is the NFL we're talking about and every wager is truly a gamble, thus I'm fully prepared to eat this one

tied them to the Chiefs on Thursday

+621.01

I need the over,44 1/2,to cover to complete my parlay.

• Options

Boom!!!!

• Options

Way to go perk!! 🍺💰

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

That a way Perk. But another bargain basement game for me with my over wager.

• Options
  • Options

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

But another bargain basement game for me with my over wager.

bad result for both of us. Green Bay's offense is painful to watch. they got inside the 5 and couldn't punch it in, then Josh McDaniels gave them a gift at the end of the game and they couldn't capitalize on that either. Love was terrible.

• Options

I usually can tell if the over has a shot after the first quarter. I knew I did not have much of a chance after the dismal scoring quarter. GB seemed to favor the running game last night. Does not bode well for over bets with the run so prominently deployed. Chews up too much of the clock. Limits scoring chances.

• Options
    edited October 10, 2023 6:13AM

Thanks again fellas. I was really annoyed about that Miami game still.

I remember watching Meyers make a few catches last game or so and wishing the Pats hung on to him so I said screw it on the dart throw since I figured he was due for a TD

• Options

I would have had a really good weekend if the bills would have beat the jags.
    As it turned out I still won a modest
    $74 thanks to the dealer putting quads on the board at Ult Tx Holdem and a chiefs spread bet to offset my parlay loss(had bills, lions, dolphins and Niners)

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

Hit two parlays. Did 30 $20 parlays for the NFL, so a nice profit for the weekend. Missed 9 other cards (from $900 to $2600) by one leg, needed Mahomes to hit Valdez-Scantling on that long 4th down pass or Zach Ertz to get to 25+ yards or D Smith of the Eagles to have a big game or NIco Collins to blow up in the 2nd half after Dell got hurt. Ohh well, made for an exciting Sunday regardless.

• Options

@fergie23 said:
    Hit two parlays. Did 30 $20 parlays for the NFL, so a nice profit for the weekend. Missed 9 other cards (from $900 to $2600) by one leg, needed Mahomes to hit Valdez-Scantling on that long 4th down pass or Zach Ertz to get to 25+ yards or D Smith of the Eagles to have a big game or NIco Collins to blow up in the 2nd half after Dell got hurt. Ohh well, made for an exciting Sunday regardless.

Your a beast with the prop bets!!

• Options

@Darin said:
    I put a $20 wager on the Orioles to win the WS at +700 just because they’ve had a great regular season.
    You cant win 100+ games without great pitching but I can’t name 1 of their pitchers. Will get more familiar with them when playoffs start. 😗

1. Orioles never got swept in regular season.
    2. Darin Downer places $20 wager on Orioles to win WS.
    3. Orioles get swept by Rangers.
    4. Wah Wah Wah

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

I normally do 10 $20 parlays a week but since I hit those parlays a few weeks back I have decided to expand.

I am not a huge fan of the Sunday morning games because I end up throwing in some extra parlays when those that included Sunday morning players fail and I still have time to bet some extra parlays before the 1pm games, lol.

I used to bet on ML and points for games but never did very well so I quit years ago. I think the player prop parlays are reminiscent of fantasy FB and it gives me something to root for while watching redzone.

Robb