Home Sports Talk
Options

Let's talk about our "Jimmy the Greek specials"

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    I saw this posted online for tonight's game Celtics vs. Heat. Is this one of you guys? 🤔🤣

Not me lol

It's a $200 bonus bet so whoever it is didn't actually sweat over earning the 200 clams to wager, it's not an extremely bad bet overall though lol

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's a "bonus bet"?

askin for a friend

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    What's a "bonus bet"?

askin for a friend

It's a promotional type thing, for example a betting app will issue you a "Bonus Bet" for various things,like a match deposit or if you make 10 bets at a certain amount they will issue you a free or bonus bet

• Options

As far as I see it, each of those guys made three 3s, not four, causing him to lose the bet. 🤷

• Options
    edited May 18, 2023 9:01AM

@thisistheshow said:
    As far as I see it, each of those guys made three 3s, not four, causing him to lose the bet. 🤷

In all actuality had the bettor hit the pause button and wagered a reasonable 3 three pointers a piece he might have made about 20k

• Options

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

In all actuality had the bettor hit the pause button and wagered a reasonable 3 three pointers a piece he might have made about 20k

I would think there was definitely money to be made on a parlay, considering that the Celtics were heavy favorites. But he definitely got greedy. Lol.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

I would think there was definitely money to be made on a parlay, considering that the Celtics were heavy favorites. But he definitely got greedy. Lol.

He probably got caught up in the free bet part of it, like throw a massive Longshot dart rather than realize if he made it more attainable he could still have cashed a 5 figure amount

• Options

Calling on my friend Galixo to give me his 2 or 3 solid choices for a top 5 finish!!

@galaxy27

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

Calling on my friend Galixo to give me his 2 or 3 solid choices for a top 5 finish!!

@galaxy27

oh man, no pressure.......I sure hope I come up big like Playoff Jimmy Buckets :D

give Xander (+360) and/or Tony (+400) and/or Brooks (+450) a stab (I bet on all of them to win)

just keep me on your Christmas card list if those dudes flame out! 😬

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27

oh man, no pressure.......I sure hope I come up big like Playoff Jimmy Buckets :D

give Xander (+360) and/or Tony (+400) and/or Brooks (+450) a stab (I bet on all of them to win)

just keep me on your Christmas card list if those dudes flame out! 😬

Your not only on my Christmas list but you also got an auto invite for Thanksgiving dinner as well 🍻

• Options
    edited May 19, 2023 8:04PM

You want a Jimmy the Greek special? You want a lock? Lock of the week? Lock of the century?

Well, you know what's happening tonight. Because I'm telling you.

Celtics.
    W.

ETA.... this is why I just put the W. Maybe it meant 'win'. Maybe it meant 'will lose' :|

• Options
    edited May 21, 2023 4:07PM

@galaxy27 said:

@perkdog said:

getcha some of that?

• Options

do-or-die for Boston tonight

+1536.03

• Options

golf bet of the week

+1446.03

• Options

and this flier, which I actually feel quite confident in

+1446.03

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    and this flier, which I actually feel quite confident in

+1446.03

So you think the Celts got a solid chance of winning this series?

I got a $500 cash out option on the Heat, woukd you cash it out or ride it out?

It was a $100 investment that Miami would win the championship, like I said I have a 500 cash out right now or I could let it ride and have it go to probably $800 if they beat the Celts.

If they get past the Celts and actually beat Denver ( highly unlikely in my opinion ) it's a $3150 pay day.

Another potential issue if the Heat make the Finals is I can't really hedge them with Denver since I'd have to put up 2k to win 1k

Thoughts?

• Options
    edited May 25, 2023 9:51AM

@perkdog

history is definitely on your side. since 1984 in the NBA, there have been 110 teams to go down 3-0. zero have come back to win the series. zee-row. hell, only two of those 110 have come back to force a game 7. think about that for a moment. there is no precedent for this type of occurrence.

when you think about it logically, it makes perfect sense. what, you had no clue how to beat a team for 3 straight games when your playoff life was on the line, then all of a sudden you figured it out and one-upped them? that's just difficult to compute in your brain, let alone for it to actually happen.

with that said, it's gonna happen one day. and if it does, in my mind this is as good a spot as any. first off, i still think Boston is just better. they haven't looked the part in games 1-3, but they did in game 4. they were the higher-seeded team for a reason.

another reason, and i've mentioned this many times before, is that this Celtics team is about as jekyll-n-hyde as you can get. they can lay down and die at any point in a game, no matter how far ahead they are. i've seen it happen many times this season. but on the flip side, they have the talent to flip the switch and punk you consecutive times. you just never know with that team, and i'm banking on them finally realizing that they are on the precipice of an ignominious exit.........and choosing to do something about it. but if they were to lose a 3rd straight game at home tonight? trust me, that wouldn't surprise me one iota either. hence, i'm gambling on which Celtics team is going to show up.

also, this is a Boston team we're talking about here. 2004 Boston Red Sox, anyone????? dude i was a big baseball fan back then and i watched every game of those playoffs. think about this. Red Sox down 0-3 in that series against their hated rivals and losing game 4 in the ninth with Mariano Rivera on the mound. just imagine if Vegas had come out with a line in the bottom of the 9th that said "Boston won't lose another game the rest of the season." remember, not only did they perform a minor miracle to win that game, and not only did they win the next 3, but they then swept the Cardinals in the World Series. bro that is about as improbable as you can get. if Vegas had come out with that hypothetical line and someone had hypothetically wagered a single dollar on it, they probably would have been riding in a brand spanking new luxury car the very next day. from that baseball season forward, i never say never in sports. or in life, for that matter. 😅

and finally, every gambler wants to be on the side of the unthinkable. sure, 245$ would be nice, but for the rest of my life i want to be able to say i bet on the 2022-23 Boston Celtics in the Eastern Conference finals when they came all the way back down 1-3. (betting on them down 0-3 would have been MUCH better, but 1-3 is the next best thing). i don't want to be standing stationary when the train blows by. i want to be on it, partying. :D

it basically boils down to what you feel. if you can cash right now for a profit, that's never a bad move. but if you want to try and squeeze more juice from the orange, i get that too. hence why it's called gambling. B)

best of luck whatever you decide to do! 🍻

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    @perkdog

history is definitely on your side. since 1984 in the NBA, there have been 110 teams to go down 3-0. zero have come back to win the series. zee-row. hell, only two of those 110 have come back to force a game 7. think about that for a moment. there is no precedent for this type of occurrence.

when you think about it logically, it makes perfect sense. what, you had no clue how to beat a team for 3 straight games when your playoff life was on the line, then all of a sudden you figured it out and one-upped them? that's just difficult to compute in your brain, let alone for it to actually happen.

with that said, it's gonna happen one day. and if it does, in my mind this is as good a spot as any. first off, i still think Boston is just better. they haven't looked the part in games 1-3, but they did in game 4. they were the higher-seeded team for a reason.

another reason, and i've mentioned this many times before, is that this Celtics team is about as jekyll-n-hyde as you can get. they can lay down and die at any point in a game, no matter how far ahead they are. i've seen it happen many times this season. but on the flip side, they have the talent to flip the switch and punk you consecutive times. you just never know with that team, and i'm banking on them finally realizing that they are on the precipice of an ignominious exit.........and choosing to do something about it. but if they were to lose a 3rd straight game at home tonight? trust me, that wouldn't surprise me one iota either. hence, i'm gambling on which Celtics team is going to show up.

also, this is a Boston team we're talking about here. 2004 Boston Red Sox, anyone????? dude i was a big baseball fan back then and i watched every game of those playoffs. think about this. Red Sox down 0-3 in that series against their hated rivals and losing game 4 in the ninth with Mariano Rivera on the mound. just imagine if Vegas had come out with a line in the bottom of the 9th that said "Boston won't lose another game the rest of the season." remember, not only did they perform a minor miracle to win that game, and not only did they win the next 3, but they then swept the Cardinals in the World Series. bro that is about as improbable as you can get. if Vegas had come out with that hypothetical line and someone had hypothetically wagered a single dollar on it, they probably would have been riding in a brand spanking new luxury car the very next day. from that baseball season forward, i never say never in sports. or in life, for that matter. 😅

and finally, every gambler wants to be on the side of the unthinkable. sure, 245$ would be nice, but for the rest of my life i want to be able to say i bet on the 2022-23 Boston Celtics in the Eastern Conference finals when they came all the way back down 1-3. (betting on them down 0-3 would have been MUCH better, but 1-3 is the next best thing). i don't want to be standing stationary when the train blows by. i want to be on it, partying. :D

it basically boils down to what you feel. if you can cash right now for a profit, that's never a bad move. but if you want to try and squeeze more juice from the orange, i get that too. hence why it's called gambling. B)

best of luck whatever you decide to do! 🍻

Thank you for all that, I sincerely appreciate and respect your opinion obviously.
    The 2004 Sox ALCS has been on my mind since game 4 so I'm with you on most events you said.

I'm going to give it some thought and will report back tomorrow.

Thanks again brother

• Options

@perkdog

i think you might have missed my question up above

just curious -- did you connect with koepka last weekend?

i went 1-for-3 for you, but that one hit was an upper deck shot 💪 lol

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    @perkdog

i think you might have missed my question up above

just curious -- did you connect with koepka last weekend?

i went 1-for-3 for you, but that one hit was an upper deck shot 💪 lol

Sorry I missed that, no I ended up put my gambling allowance all into NBA/NHL

• Options

So now that the Celtics/Miami series is over do I press my luck or cash out?

I got 2 bets going on

Miami to win Championship for 3k or cash out now for $600 ( 100 invested )

Denver and Florida to.both win Championships for $750 or cash out option for $280 ( 50 invested )

• Options

@perkdog said:

I got 2 bets going on

Denver and Florida to.both win Championships for $750 or cash out option for $280 ( 50 invested )

full disclosure: i haven't seen one second of a Nuggets game this season

and i certainly have not seen one second of a hockey game

if it were me, i'd cash out and go make bad bets elsewhere

but you keep doing you...............your judgment seems to be on point!

• Options
    edited May 30, 2023 2:13PM

@galaxy27 said:

@perkdog said:

I got 2 bets going on

full disclosure: i haven't seen one second of a Nuggets game this season

and i certainly have not seen one second of a hockey game

if it were me, i'd cash out and go make bad bets elsewhere

but you keep doing you...............your judgment seems to be on point!

Well I cashed out on Miami, I only invested a $100 but a $500 win is too much to just dangle and potentially watch it evaporate after each game, I sweated and suffered with Miami up.3-0 until a freaking game 7, I don't want to put myself through that again.

I'm not gonna get greedy, if Miami wins then so be it, I'm happy taking my $500 right now.

The Denver/Florida I might just let ride, I sincerely think they are both winners plus I want a little action lol

• Options

Cam Davis did me all sorts of wrong last weekend, and the Celtics were so close, yet so far away

+1226.03

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    Cam Davis did me all sorts of wrong last weekend, and the Celtics were so close, yet so far away

+1226.03

Hit it!

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

See my Belmont Stakes thread!!
    It was a great Triple Crown for me.
    2 wins and a place.
    Total winnings $3600.00
    Great bank for football season and a very pleasant ride home.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    See my Belmont Stakes thread!!
    It was a great Triple Crown for me.
    2 wins and a place.
    Total winnings $3600.00
    Great bank for football season and a very pleasant ride home.

Nice hit Joe!!!

• Options

The Nuggets are winning this game tonight. That's your thisistheshow special.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

Bank on it?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@thisistheshow said:

Bank on it?

I'm a little late to this reply. My apologies ...

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

You called it!

W.C.Fields
  • Options

+1076.03

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    +1076.03

When I see this, it piques my curiosity. 250 to win 250 top 20 finish. What does that look like for top 10, or top 5?

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@galaxy27 said:
    +1076.03

When I see this, it piques my curiosity. 250 to win 250 top 20 finish. What does that look like for top 10, or top 5?

I'm pretty sure different sites have different odds, my site has +210 for top 10, +450 for top 5 and +3000 for outright winner

• Options

• Options

@perkdog said:

I'm pretty sure different sites have different odds, my site has +210 for top 10, +450 for top 5 and +3000 for outright winner

@thisistheshow

+260, +550, +2600 at my book

love the golf bet @perkdog 🤜🤛

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow

+260, +550, +2600 at my book

love the golf bet @perkdog 🤜🤛

Cheers good Sir 🍻

• Options

@galaxy27 Should I press Scottie at +100 top 5?

• Options
    edited June 16, 2023 1:39PM

@perkdog said:
    @galaxy27 Should I press Scottie at +100 top 5?

sorry chief, just now seeing this

in all honesty i'm probably not the person to be asking advice from, seeing as my swings have been misses lately. i thought this was a beautiful spot for Jordan, and i could not have been more wrong about that. he played like dog shit for two days and just missed the cut.

as for Scheffler, we're talking about the best player on tour right now. dude contends in virtually every tournament he enters, so you could do far worse than dropping some coin on him to finish inside the top 5 at even money

• Options

@galaxy27 Thanks my friend

Hope you start connecting again soon!

• Options
    edited July 19, 2023 10:07PM

hope you guys are doing well. the heat is always oppressive here in Texas during the summer months, but it's been next-level stuff the past 6 weeks or so. and there's no end in sight. but this is the new norm. i read an article the other day that said we'll be experiencing highs of 125 within 30 years. i sure hope i'm pushing up daisies by then?

but i digress.

haven't placed a bet in a month. we'll see if recharging my batteries has helped, as i was driving toward the edge of a cliff prior to my hiatus. still up over 800$ since the beginning of last football season, but at one time i was sniffing 2k. if Tommy Boy doesn't come through for me, it'll be my last wager until the NFL commences once again. if he does, it won't. 🙃

+826.03

• Options
    edited July 20, 2023 3:08AM

@galaxy27

I forgot you were down there, I been hearing about the dangerous temperatures you guys are suffering, constant 100+ degree heat is extremely tough.

In Massachusetts it's been raining since May, we got a lot of flooding all over the Northeast, there has been intermittent spells of 90 degree + Humid days when the rain stops so it hasn't been all good up here, in fact its been miserable.

I hope you stay safe and stay hydrated bro.

Regarding some gambling talk I haven't bet since NBA ended, I'm waiting till Football myself but in the meantime I will be rooting for your guy Tommy Fleetwood 🍻

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    hope you guys are doing well. the heat is always oppressive here in Texas during the summer months, but it's been next-level stuff the past 6 weeks or so. and there's no end in sight. but this is the new norm. i read an article the other day that said we'll be experiencing highs of 125 within 30 years. i sure hope i'm pushing up daisies by then?

but i digress.

haven't placed a bet in a month. we'll see if recharging my batteries has helped, as i was driving toward the edge of a cliff prior to my hiatus. still up over 800$ since the beginning of last football season, but at one time i was sniffing 2k. if Tommy Boy doesn't come through for me, it'll be my last wager until the NFL commences once again. if he does, it won't. 🙃

+826.03

Looking good for you. Hope Tommy hangs in there. Stay cool if you can down your way. I tossed a few $ on the Open. Only alive with Cam. Smith for top 5 and Hatton for top 20. Washed out with the other plays.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@perkdog thanks brother. looking forward to getting down and dirty in about 6 weeks. let's rake this NFL season.

@BLUEJAYWAY and thank you too. looks like you hit Hatton right on the number -- congrats on that. never hesitate to post any of your golf leans on here.

so, yesterday was a great day. and Fleetwood cashing for me wasn't the main reason why. my girlfriend received notice that she won the Masters lottery yesterday. i've been trying for over a decade and have swung and missed every time. meanwhile, she connected on her third attempt. rumor has it that you have a .5% chance of having your application selected, or 1 out of 200, so suffice to say she greatly defied the odds. and if you're wondering what winning the Masters lottery entails, basically you are afforded the opportunity to purchase tickets on a chosen day at their price, which is very affordable. if you don't win, which most people never do, then you're forced to hit the secondary market and pay through the nose. so i'll be headed back to Augusta National next April. if anyone wants a flag, hat, etc., store this in the memory bank and let me know in a little over 8 months.

• Options
    edited July 24, 2023 8:10PM

Nice score with Fleetwood. I see Harman got some jeering from the crowd. Must have urged him on even more to his win. He was under for all 4 rounds. Great news on your tickets for 2024 Masters.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

this week's top 20 play

love this guy

+1156.03

• Options

Have not looked over the field as yet. I like to read all hdcp. comments then go from there. Golf Digest and all the other sites.

• Options

Nice job with Fleetwood!

@galaxy27 🙌🍻

• Options

Not great luck last 3 weeks. Guess I need a new caddy. :)

• Options

i have this overwhelming sensation that phil mickelson is keeping up with this thread and chuckling like a little girl

whatever dude, at least i'm up!

lost my last golf bet, so i'm a shade over a K as we near the NFL starting line

this is such easy money that it's guaranteed to lose. the BMW field is set at 50, and Rors has finished in the top 10 in his last 8 tournaments. if something seems too good to be true, it..........

+1006.03