Home U.S. Coin Forum

Saturday morning coffee with coins

Comments

• Pnies20Pnies20 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CircCam said:
    Iced caramel macchiato, an audiobook on John Jacob Astor and the American Fur Company, and a remarkable coin I’m grateful to have acquired after having missed it the first time at Sheridan’s. It has some of the most remarkably preserved original surfaces I have ever seen, a joy to behold.

Glad you won it! It fits well in your collection.

BHNC #248 … 121 and counting.

• Inspired70Inspired70 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭✭✭

@EastonCollection said:

@Inspired70 said:
    Happy Saturday morning everyone! Almost September!

Now this made my Saturday. I love that 1848 dollar. Its a wonderful coin and I thought that you got it at a very reasonable price. Congratulations.

Thank you @EastonCollection. If you know the series, which it sounds like you do, you understand how hard it is to find an 1848 in MS in good condition. I think it is one, if not the toughest, date in the 1840's decade for Seated Dollars.

• alaura22alaura22 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CircCam said:
    Round 2 of coffee happening now as I was awoken at the crack of dawn by the 24/7 home improvement journey of my much respected neighbor. Whatever he is building back there apparently requires upwards of ten thousand nails.

I also love my neighbors that need to mow the lawn at 8:00 in the morning!
    And they KNOW I'm retired!
    I feel your pain

• EastonCollectionEastonCollection Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Inspired70 said:

@EastonCollection said:

@Inspired70 said:
    Happy Saturday morning everyone! Almost September!

Now this made my Saturday. I love that 1848 dollar. Its a wonderful coin and I thought that you got it at a very reasonable price. Congratulations.

Thank you @EastonCollection. If you know the series, which it sounds like you do, you understand how hard it is to find an 1848 in MS in good condition. I think it is one, if not the toughest, date in the 1840's decade for Seated Dollars.

@Inspired70 - I love the Seated $1 series and yes the 48 is a key date. I always thought that the coin is worth alot more based on rarity and eye appeal. I am putting together an AU set with eye appeal = Wish my good luck.

Easton Collection
  • Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FlyingAl said:

That is just coin heaven right there Buddy! Nice work on the composition and the individual photos!

• Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your photos never disappoint! Beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file