Home U.S. Coin Forum

Saturday morning coffee with coins

1363738394042»

Comments

• pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pursuitofliberty
    I knew it was best to leave you alone last night. I forgot you had 6 ladies stopping by.

• pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was thinking only 5 were stopping by. A half dozen is very exciting. Congrats my friend @pursuitofliberty

• CircCamCircCam Posts: 272 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pursuitofliberty said:
    Saturday morning at the Ebb Tide Retreat ... Italian Roast pour-over on the back deck admiring one of the girls from Date Night last night

Date Night, you ask? Yeah, these all showed up yesterday, just in time for the party!

Awesome haul! :)

• pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pcgscacgold said:
    I was thinking only 5 were stopping by. A half dozen is very exciting. Congrats my friend @pursuitofliberty

You know, when I'm playing with that many at a time I kinda lose track ... but yeah, five, six ... it's all exciting! ;)

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Pnies20Pnies20 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭✭✭

@habaraca said:
    Just back from PCGS, Thank you Paul @Pnies20 for your assistance.

Uh oh! @habaraca is back in the slab game!!!

Great coins.

BHNC #248 … 130 and counting.

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pcgscacgold said:
    Had my coffee and did my hour on the Peloton. Time for some coins, then off to a farmers market.

It has been a while since I had this group out. I am hoping maybe spending a little time with them will get a couple of their friends to want to join my set.

If you are into Classic Head Gold you probably already know about the Daryl Haynor's book, "US Classic Gold Coins of 1834-1839". I highly recommend this book if you enjoy Classic Head coinage and the history.

I feel very lucky to have acquired the coin from the collection of @Ronyahski (aka The Virginian). It is also cool to have it be a coin pictured in the book (p.281).

Nice coins but the hour on Peloton already is off the hook. Nice, as us old folks have to wait a bit to warm up....kind of like lizards.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Inspired70Inspired70 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pcgscacgold said:
    Had my coffee and did my hour on the Peloton. Time for some coins, then off to a farmers market.

It has been a while since I had this group out. I am hoping maybe spending a little time with them will get a couple of their friends to want to join my set.

If you are into Classic Head Gold you probably already know about the Daryl Haynor's book, "US Classic Gold Coins of 1834-1839". I highly recommend this book if you enjoy Classic Head coinage and the history.

I feel very lucky to have acquired the coin from the collection of @Ronyahski (aka The Virginian). It is also cool to have it be a coin pictured in the book (p.281).

@pcgscacgold such great looking classic head's! Congratulations. Love that one is the date representative in the book.

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DCW said:
    Happy Saturday to all!

This is an amazing 19th Century copy of the Brasher Doubloon by Joseph H Merriam. Stuck in copper, and almost as rare as the real thing!
    Stay caffeinated, peeps.

Love it!

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • DCWDCW Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Catbert said:

@DCW said:
    Happy Saturday to all!

This is an amazing 19th Century copy of the Brasher Doubloon by Joseph H Merriam. Stuck in copper, and almost as rare as the real thing!
    Stay caffeinated, peeps.

Love it!

Thanks. This once belonged to @Floridafacelifter, so you know it's a dazzler.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pursuitofliberty Really a gorgeous note. Damn that paper looks very crisp and fresh!

• NicNic Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Eldo- now that is my kind of a double eagle!

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 14, 2024 12:07PM

This is a beautiful design and although a nice picture, IMHO does not do the in-hand presentation full justice. I thought it would go "specimen" and there is enormous polishing as evident:

Egypt 1956 50 Piasters

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file