Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL Scores 2020

Comments

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    random thoughts......

i've been banging the Kyler drum since he was drafted and i'm not stopping now. showed off his wheels today in a big win @ San Fran to start the season. bold prediction: kid will be league MVP within 5 years

do not be a prisoner of the moment. Brady & Co. are gonna be just fine. today was their de facto 1st preseason game and not surprisingly they looked a tinge discombobulated against a tough team. i surmise that the outcome will be different when the Saints visit Tampa in November

the Browns need to permanently disband

I do remember you telling me to think about buying some Kyler rookie cards but I was concerned
    about how short he was and would he have good vision downfield trying to throw from the pocket.
    Instead I've started buying some Joe Burrow rookies. Wasn't smart enough to grab any Lamar cards
    or even Josh Allen (whose cards seem pretty pricey already).

• Options

I still remember SMR came out with a cover of Mayfield even before they did a Mahomes cover.
    The Mayfield card collectors were all excited they had a great QB in Cleveland and damn the card
    prices were skyrocketing and everyone was so giddy that good times had come at last for Browns football. :p

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, the Browns looked terrible yesterday.

A Browns fan listening to his team's game....

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:

@bronco2078 said:

@BillJones said:
    It’s to be a long season for the Philadelphia humming birds. How does your whole defensive line get injured in the pre-season when you didn’t play any pre-season games? Are these guys made of china?

Or it could be a short season if you just ignore them

Maybe they are made of wentzia?

a frail pale fragile material that is also remarkably ugly

That's thing about Philadelphia Eagle fans. A guy has 10 good games, gets injured badly and comes back as a shadow of what he once was. It takes Eagle fans 10 years from them to figure out that the good games he had in him were played ten years ago.

The yell it takes 10 years...9 years at the most.

• Options

MNF score:

Steelers - 26
    Giants - 16

Danny Dimes threw two picks. When you do that, you turn into Danny Pennies. You just can't do that and expect to get away with a win.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be good not have the Giants to kick around in the playoffs this year. I hate them almost as much as the Yankees.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    MNF score:

Steelers - 26
    Giants - 16

Danny Dimes threw two picks. When you do that, you turn into Danny Pennies. You just can't do that and expect to get away with a win.

Ask tommy dimes he did that too! :D

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

I do remember you telling me to think about buying some Kyler rookie cards but I was concerned about how short he was

not an issue. he's got a lot of russell wilson in him, but he's quicker and faster than rw. the niners barely laid a finger on him on this play (you'll have to click twice because the NFL is once again being a PITA). chris spielman was right -- he's a thrower who can run, not a runner who can throw. and now that he has one of the best receivers in the league at his disposal, the sky's the limit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyXmdtO14Is

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

@Darin said:

I do remember you telling me to think about buying some Kyler rookie cards but I was concerned about how short he was

not an issue. he's got a lot of russell wilson in him, but he's quicker and faster than rw. the niners barely laid a finger on him on this play (you'll have to click twice because the NFL is once again being a PITA). chris spielman was right -- he's a thrower who can run, not a runner who can throw. and now that he has one of the best receivers in the league at his disposal, the sky's the limit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyXmdtO14Is

Can someone explain to me his last second switch of hands and extension of the ball.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

Can someone explain to me his last second switch of hands and extension of the ball.

my interpretation is he was being forced to the pylon and wanted to be 1,000% sure that the ball would break the plane just in case things got tight

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2020 10:58AM

@Darin said:

@galaxy27 said:
    random thoughts......

i've been banging the Kyler drum since he was drafted and i'm not stopping now. showed off his wheels today in a big win @ San Fran to start the season. bold prediction: kid will be league MVP within 5 years

do not be a prisoner of the moment. Brady & Co. are gonna be just fine. today was their de facto 1st preseason game and not surprisingly they looked a tinge discombobulated against a tough team. i surmise that the outcome will be different when the Saints visit Tampa in November

I do remember you telling me to think about buying some Kyler rookie cards but I was concerned
    about how short he was and would he have good vision downfield trying to throw from the pocket.
    Instead I've started buying some Joe Burrow rookies. Wasn't smart enough to grab any Lamar cards

I picked up some Josh Allen cards, ok a lot of them! Luckily I purchased them at mid price. Looking today no way I could afford what I bought just 6 months ago. Example a card I purchased in May #/25 for $175 just sold for $699. I think it’s a little crazy but I guess there are a ton of speculators entering the market.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@Darin said:

@galaxy27 said:
    random thoughts......

I picked up some Josh Allen cards, ok a lot of them! Luckily I purchased them at mid price. Looking today no way I could afford what I bought just 6 months ago. Example a card I purchased in May #/25 for $175 just sold for $699. I think it’s a little crazy but I guess there are a ton of speculators entering the market.

Just think what those Josh Allen cards will do if he wins an MVP and a Super Bowl!
    A few days ago I was looking at the Sept. card thread and someone posted several
    Josh Allen donruss optic PSA graded cards. They are really nice looking cards but I
    can't remember if they were your cards or someone else. Will have to go back and look.
    Wish I had picked a few up when you did. Congrats!!

• Options
    edited September 18, 2020 3:07AM

I don’t doubt most posted were mine. I haven’t seen anyone else on the band wagon.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

2deuces, at least one other person is on the Josh bandwagon.
    Ndleo posted these on the Sept pickup thread and says they were all
    self submitted. He did very well with the grades.
    Nice auto/patch cards!

• Options

@Darin I guess I’m not alone on the Josh Allen bandwagon. He actually hopped on the card wagon before me. That is an impressive group. Most of my purchases are Auto rookies. I hope the price of his cards soar. @ndleo Nicely done! I’ll have to dig out my Allen cards and line them up

W.C.Fields
  • Options

After sweeping week 1, (+350) I don’t see a ton of plays but I found 2 that I love.
    San Francisco-7
    Seattle-4

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 19, 2020 10:20AM

@2dueces said:
    After sweeping week 1, (+350) I don’t see a ton of plays but I found 2 that I love.
    San Francisco-7
    Seattle-4

I'm sorry to be that guy, but Seattle is losing outright. :D

Edit to add: But SF vs the Jets 😂😂 That might be ok......

• Options
    edited September 19, 2020 10:44AM

@thisistheshow said:

@2dueces said:
    San Francisco-7
    Seattle-4

You’re not alone in the opinion that the Patriots win this week. I’m just not so sure they can win in Seattle throwing 15 times.

Jets were a mess with Crowder and Bell. I just don’t see how they can score. San Francisco is mad, angry and hungry. Only thing I worry about is a back door cover but I really don’t see it being that close.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Yeah, it's finally Sunday.

• Options

@stevek I think Philadelphia rights the ship today against the Rams. Not sure why I have so much confidence after 8 sacks and Aaron Donald coming to town. Isn’t much of a stretch after today the NFC East has two 1-1 teams and a couple of 0-2 teams. Matt Ryan will have a huge day and sink Dallas to 0-2.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@thisistheshow said:

@2dueces said:
    San Francisco-7
    Seattle-4

I'm in a suicide pool on another forum and I've used my Seattle pick for tonight , no way the pats beat them.

• Options

@2dueces said:
    @Darin I guess I’m not alone on the Josh Allen bandwagon. He actually hopped on the card wagon before me. That is an impressive group. Most of my purchases are Auto rookies. I hope the price of his cards soar. @ndleo Nicely done! I’ll have to dig out my Allen cards and line them up

Get off that BANDWAGON! he sucks , you can tell he has arm talent but he does braindead things at important times

remember the playoffs? throwing lamely forward as hes getting sacked? I think 6 different times?

• Options

@2dueces said:
    @stevek I think Philadelphia rights the ship today against the Rams. Not sure why I have so much confidence after 8 sacks and Aaron Donald coming to town. Isn’t much of a stretch after today the NFC East has two 1-1 teams and a couple of 0-2 teams. Matt Ryan will have a huge day and sink Dallas to 0-2.

I'm going against both those predictions. Dallas wins and Philly loses.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Bucs look like an all star squad today and Belichick gets brought down a few notches after Seattle thrashes the Pats tonight.

• Options

KC should roll over the Chargers. Hopefully the Saints crush the San Quentin Raiders or
    whatever their name is now and they begin their rightful descent to the bottom of the AFC west division.

I don't think Seattle will have any problem taking down the Pats, should be about 38-10.

• Options

giants 77, bears 5

• Options

Galaxy that was really disappointing.
    Not your prediction but I just clicked on your Jordan link expecting to see some really
    nice Michael Jordan cards and got a bunch of Jordan Speith wearing a baseball uniform cards. :D

• Options

Ok, yes, ok, I'll be watching two games right now. The Bucs vs Panthers and the Broncos vs Steelers game. It will be back and forth from Fox to CBS. Yes, Greg Gumbel is calling the game on CBS! Yes!!

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Ok, yes, ok, I'll be watching two games right now. The Bucs vs Panthers and the Broncos vs Steelers game. It will be back and forth from Fox to CBS. Yes, Greg Gumbel is calling the game on CBS! Yes!!

Bad start for Teddy.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

Bad start for Teddy.

I'm used to it. I fully expect the Panthers to lose! 😂😂

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

Bad start for Teddy.

I'm used to it. I fully expect the Panthers to lose! 😂😂

Me too. ;)

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

Bad start for Teddy.

Yeah...

• Options

Teddy just coughed it up. Brady threw a TD pass. The Bucs now lead 14-0. 😂😂

• Options

@Darin said:
    Galaxy that was really disappointing.
    Not your prediction but I just clicked on your Jordan link expecting to see some really
    nice Michael Jordan cards and got a bunch of Jordan Speith wearing a baseball uniform cards. :D

mission accomplished...

• Options

Stupid Carolina Cats.

• Options

I'll be damned, the Panthers recovered a fumble. Give them a cookie.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    I'll be damned, the Panthers recovered a fumble. Give them a cookie.

Seeing Brady dive into a pile of defenders after a RB fumble in week 2 of year 21 compared to Cam being afraid to do the same in the biggest game of his career just shows the stark difference in competitiveness between the two.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brady looking sharp 👍👍

• Options

@erikthredd Yeah, I'll never forgive him for that. Never!!

• Options
    edited September 20, 2020 11:16AM

Bucs are destroying the Cats. Destroying them!! It doesn't surprise me at all. No, it's ok, I've come to expect this type of behavior from the baby kittens.

• Options
    edited September 20, 2020 11:30AM

Interesting, I see that the Cowboys are putting up a little stinker against Atlanta. The Falcons are beating them 26-7 right now. Just what the heck is going on with Dallas? Unbelievable.

• Options

Could it be that @dimeman1 will join the “bring back Jason Garrett” movement?

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    edited September 20, 2020 12:06PM

@doubledragon said:
    Interesting, I see that the Cowboys are putting up a little stinker against Atlanta. The Falcons are beating them 26-7 right now. Just what the heck is going on with Dallas? Unbelievable.

2deuces called it so give him a lot of credit. I thought Dallas would play well but they had 4 fumbles
    in the first eleven minutes of the first quarter. They stink.

Edit- just to clarify Dallas did have 4 fumbles in the first 11 minutes but did recover one of them.

• Options

Cowboys are trying to comeback, it's now 29-17 Falcons. If Dallas loses this game, get the joke drummer ready, because it will be raining Cowboys jokes.

• Options

Panthers are trying to come back, it's 21-14 now. I don't think they'll get it done though because they always lose. Always!!

• Options

I told you, I knew it! Teddy Bridgewater just threw a pick. I knew it! The Panthers always lose!

Go home baby cats! Waaaaa, goo goo, ga, ga. Baby Cat needs his bottle!

• Options

Meanwhile in Dallas....

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    I told you, I knew it! Teddy Bridgewater just threw a pick. I knew it! The Panthers always lose!

Go home baby cats! Waaaaa, goo goo, ga, ga. Baby Cat needs his bottle!

>

We’ve got our Panther here, he’s so vicious that when he hears a car door shut outside he’ll go hide for the next hour.

• Options

Forenette just put the Carolina Pussy Cats away (probably). 31 - 17.

• Options
    edited September 20, 2020 4:32PM

Atlanta folds and gives the game to Dallas. Atlanta totally blew the on side kick. Their coach is the dumbest on the planet. Atlanta is the new bag over the head team for their fans.

Dallas wins the roller derby style finish game against the southern version of the hummingbirds.