Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL Scores 2020

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 26, 2020 12:31PM

yesterday Minnesota offered up a level of uselessness on defense that i hadn't seen in recent memory

but amazingly, and incredulously, less than a day later the Lions have managed to duck under the bar, which was about an inch off the ground

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess this game answers the question can Brady still throw. Um, yes

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent ending to the Dolphins- Raiders game.
    Raiders refuse to score a TD, kick a field goal instead.
    Fitz completes a long pass while his head is almost ripped from his body
    and bam, Dolphins kick game winning field goal.

Way to not take the TD Raiders and lose the game. Thanks for making this such a great holiday season.
    Thank you Raiders for hiring Gruden its so much fun watching them lose games they thought they'd won. :p

• Options

Okay somebody tell me they saw the play Fitz magic pulled off!
    Double D? Do we have the video highlights?
    Play of the year!
    It was one of the worst facemasks you've ever seen and during the facemask he completed a long
    throw and with the 15 yards tacked on it set Miami up for the game winning field goal.

• Options

Here's a view from behind. Don't know how you complete a pass when you can't
    see the receiver and when your head is being twisted to one side.

• Options

The entire Browns receiving corps is out with Covid. They called up 2 from the practice squad. Interesting development for the Browns.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here was the last few minutes of the Dolphins vs Raiders game. It was wild.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

I find myself in an odd position this week. I’m rooting for the Seattle Sea Buzzards, a team I really dislike. If they beat the Rams, it improves the position of the Bucks in the playoffs.

In the meantime, I’m watching the Steelers’ season melt before my eyes. The way they playing, they couldn’t beat the Jets or the Jaguars. It will be one and out in the playoffs for the “Paper Stealers.”

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    I find myself in an odd position this week. I’m rooting for the Seattle Sea Buzzards, a team I really dislike. If they beat the Rams, it improves the position of the Bucks in the playoffs.

In the meantime, I’m watching the Steelers’ season melt before my eyes. The way they playing, they couldn’t beat the Jets or the Jaguars. It will be one and out in the playoffs for the “Paper Stealers.”

What do you think is wrong in Pittsburgh?

• Options
    edited December 27, 2020 12:27PM

They just got a touchdown after a fumble and a return get them to the two yard line. They barely got the touchdown off that and needed a yard penalty to score. The offense has no running game and Roethlisberger is not sharp. I think he’s hurting more than he lets on. Aside from the fumble recovery, the defense is back on its toes.

The Steelers had a whole 73 yards in offense for the first half and are down 21 - 7. The 7 came on a fumble recovery and run back to the two. The defense is letting the Colts play “pitch and catch.” They can’t stop third down plays.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

Am I seeing this right? The Jets are beating the Browns 20-3 in the 3rd?

• Options

Yes, break up the Jets!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

Am I missing something here in the chiefs game? I am sure mahomes threw a pic at the end of the first half. Then I am sure I saw him throw another in the second half that had a long return. They are only crediting him with one. What am I missing?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

Final:

Jets - 23
    Browns - 16

• Options

At the end of the first half that wasn't a pick thrown by Mahomes. It was thrown by Sammy Watkins
    trying to connect with Mahomes. It was a stupid play they never should have tried.
    Some kind of brain dead razzle dazzle play that cost them points.

• Options

I think failing to score when Pittsburgh had the ball on the two, with the score at 24 - 7, lit a fire under the Steelers. They came storming back with three touchdowns. They did get some breaks with some pass interference calls.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    At the end of the first half that wasn't a pick thrown by Mahomes. It was thrown by Sammy Watkins
    trying to connect with Mahomes. It was a stupid play they never should have tried.
    Some kind of brain dead razzle dazzle play that cost them points.

thanks, I was kind of half paying attention while looking through some cards. I saw the pick and assumed it was Mahomes.

I dont understand coaches sometimes. If you have the best or at worst the 2nd best QB in the league on your team, why in the world would you have any other player passing the ball? they try to get too cute. stupid.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

Yep, it looks like my cats are taking care of business today against Washington. Arrogant cat looks down on you.

• Options

Goff is not only terrible but McVay has zero confidence in him. 3rd and 17 and the run up the middle down by 7 late in the 3rd. Seattle’s defense is historically bad and all the Rams could muster were 3 FG’s. With the exception of 2 teams the NFC is weak. The 7th seed in the AFC might beat the whole conference

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2020 5:53PM

It looks like we have snow tonight in Green Bay!

• Options

someone please alert me when hammer comments on Goff & the Rams

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    someone please alert me when hammer comments on Goff & the Rams

The system is set.

• Options

I have looked at the Rams very much this year, but judging by yesterday’s performance, Goff looks to be the weakest quarterback I have seen on a championship team in quite a while. He can’t run, and his passing is mediocre at best.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lambeau looked gorgeous last night

• Options
    edited December 28, 2020 11:21AM

Bye bye Dwayne. Couldn’t have been more deserving. From captain to release in 2 days

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Big brother can’t rescue Tua this week. Fitzmagic tests positive for Covid and is rules out Sunday. Miami’s playoff hope take a major hit.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

So the NFL fines Kamara for his Christmas spikes yet allows certain messages on spikes every week. SMH

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2021 9:16PM

The big showdown between the Giants and Cowboys would interesting if I didn't hate both teams. As it is, I hope they tie so that the Washington No Names can get in after they beat the pathetic Eagles.

I really feel sorry the Cleveland fans. Their team should have to the playoffs this year, but after they lost to the Jets last week, it's looking glum with Pittsburgh on the horizon and Covet shutting down their practice day after day.

• Options

I'm watching the Cowboys vs Giants game. My goodness, Dallas's run defense is freakin awful.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    I'm watching the Cowboys vs Giants game. My goodness, Dallas's run defense is freakin awful.

Did you hear what Joe Buck said about Tex Schramm? He used to call this kind of game a "taffy pull". That's perfect. It's 6-3 and other than the 1st drive for the Giants and a field goal off a turnover for the Cowboys it's been back and forth futility and all punts.

• Options

The Cowboys look terrible, but I want them to win and the Football Team to lose.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    The Cowboys look terrible, but I want them to win and the Football Team to lose.

Yes, after putting up big points in their last few games, it's back to stinky time in Dallas. They look horrible today.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't want to be a Lamar jinx but he has 46 red zone TDs and zero picks.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Don't want to be a Lamar jinx but he has 46 red zone TDs and zero picks.

m

He's got the Ravens rolling. They're on fire, they've won their last 4 games, and after today it will be 5 in a row.

• Options

The Giants just scored again. Dallas looks like trash today.

• Options

Jerry Jones right now....

• Options

Dallas gets a field goal.

• Options
    edited January 3, 2021 12:55PM

John Brown back for the Bills is huge. Bills look great

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

It's now 20-16 Giants lead. We got us a game now.

• Options

Bills in beast mode

• Options
    edited January 3, 2021 2:17PM

Just came in for “extended coverage” to see Dallas choke with an interception. Bye-bye Cowboys.

Then the Giants choked with a fumble. Typical NFC East play. Everybody is finding news ways to lose.

Now they just gave the ball back to the Giants.

• Options
    edited January 3, 2021 2:11PM

It looks like Dallas is on the verge of laying an egg.

• Options

The Browns beat the Steelers. Good for the Browns’ fans.

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the Eagles beat the ? tonight, then a 10 loss Giants team makes the playoffs. Lol

• Options
    edited January 3, 2021 2:34PM

Cowboys have a running back with an $11 million cap number, so on 1st and goal at the 6 with 3 timeouts they call a pass play resulting in a sack that essentially ended their season. in the not too distant past Zeke would have gotten the ball 1, 2, 3, maybe 4 times (if necessary) in that situation. i know i said he's a shell of his former self, but i had no idea the confidence level was near zero.

and on top of that, the coaching staff stares at each other and allows an incomplete pass to turn into 3 very critical points

postgame comments from JJ, por favor...

• Options

Meanwhile in Dallas....

• Options

Buffalo showed what a great QB looked like. What a playoff team looks like and what a team drafting a QB in next year’s draft looks like. All the Tua hype and someone will trade for him next year before Miami drafts Fields. Talk about a team rolling into the playoffs as hot as any team ever. Buffalos 2nd and 3rd string put up 35 points in one half. Wow

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    Buffalo showed what a great QB looked like. What a playoff team looks like and what a team drafting a QB in next year’s draft looks like. All the Tua hype and someone will trade for him next year before Miami drafts Fields. Talk about a team rolling into the playoffs as hot as any team ever. Buffalos 2nd and 3rd string put up 35 points in one half. Wow

That was unbelievable, they put a 56 burger on Miami. They're unstoppable.

• Options
    edited January 3, 2021 6:51PM

I am an Eagles fan, but tonight I am rooting for the Washington No Names. I dislike the Giants more.

I hope that Tampa will be able to beat the No Names. If they do, Brady will be the guy who does it. He won the Tampa game today.

The big trouble with a No Name blow-out would be than Wentz will start the first 12 games next year which means we will lose 11 games next year until Wentz is relieved. How many years does Wentz have in his contract? Whatever it is, it’s too many.

• Options

I'm just happy that Al Michaels is back!