Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL Scores 2020

Comments

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buffalo hounded Wilson all day. 18 hits, 5 sacks, 2 fumbles and 2 interceptions. I said one of these games Wilson wouldn’t be able to bail out the 32nd ranked defense. Josh Allen? Only 31-38 415 yards, 3 TD’s and a rushing TD AND No turnovers. Say hello to the 7-2 Buffalo Bills!

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

My picks are garbage today. Garbage! Washington lost, Denver lost, and now Pittsburgh is losing to Dallas! Are you kidding?

• Options
    edited November 8, 2020 5:22PM

Touchdown Pittsburgh, they just took the lead from Dallas finally. They lead 24-19 with 2:14 to go in the 4th. Dallas will have one last drive to try and win. Here we go.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2020 5:40PM

Looks like the Dallas Cinderella story just turned into four mice and a pumpkin.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2020 5:41PM

The Steelers got to Gilbert on 4th and 8, Pittsburgh gets the ball back. Mike McCarthy is hot, he's yelling at the referee! He's pissed!

• Options

Yea, but maybe he’s found a quarterback.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Cowboys showed a little something today.

• Options
    edited November 8, 2020 5:44PM

Dallas and Gilbert handled themselves very well today, Pittsburgh was lucky to escape with the win.

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

Pittsburgh came out flat today and were lucky to get out with a win. Gilbert's INT in the end zone turned the tide to the Steelers.

• Options

The Steelers have come out flat two weeks in a row. They have been lucky twice.

• Options

Bucs getting beat up. Let's see, second half. They don't have to get the win, but definitely need to put up a fight.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

At least Brady won't remember what the score was by tomorrow.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,593 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got smoked yesterday 😱

• Options

The Steelers were helped tremendously by the refs yesterday, they should have lost that game. They were bailed out numerous times on 4th down flags. If I had to sum up the Steelers performance yesterday....

• Options

I dislike the Cowboys but was rooting for them yesterday even though I had them in survivor

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

Yes I had to root for the Cowboys also because of the home field advantage thing throughout the playoffs
    but I did not enjoy it and of course they let me down just like they let Dimeman down year after year.

• Options

@Darin said:
    Yes I had to root for the Cowboys also because of the home field advantage thing throughout the playoffs
    but I did not enjoy it and of course they let me down just like they let Dimeman down year after year.

As a side note, I think we all can say how strange it feels to root for a team like that when you are watching a game. I always root for the Cowboys unless they are playing the Patriots or the game will influence a scenario like you reference. So I got extra enjoyment watching the fight they put up.

• Options

• Options

I'll be watching the Bucs vs Panthers game today. Let's get it on!

• Options
    edited November 15, 2020 11:26AM

Yes, the cats draw first blood against the Bucs, we lead 7-0!

• Options

No! The Bucs score! Bad cat!

• Options

Panthers March right down and score again. 14-7

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Touchdown Panthers!

• Options

@2dueces said:
    Panthers March right down and score again. 14-7

Yes, win or lose, I just want to see the cats put up a good fight!

• Options
    edited November 15, 2020 12:08PM

Yes, I can see the Lions have jumped out to an early 14-3 lead over Washington. This is a good thing.

• Options

Touchdown Bucs. Bad cat!

• Options
    edited November 15, 2020 1:20PM

Now my cats are losing 29-17 to the Bucs! I give up! Bad, ugly, stinking, cat!

• Options
    edited November 15, 2020 1:36PM

Oh! No! The Bucs tack on another field goal, my cats are now losing 32-17!

• Options
    edited November 15, 2020 2:42PM

The “little kitties” have come close several times this season, but have let the mouse get away too many times. The Bucks were not about to drop another one this week after getting their butts kicked Monday night.

• Options

@BillJones said:
    The “little kitties” have come close several times this season, but have let the mouse get away too many times. The Bucks were not about to drop another one this week. After getting their butts kicked Monday night.

The kittens came out flat in the second half. A garbage second half effort! Back to the litter box!

That's right, climb in there where you belong!

• Options

I'm watching the Saints vs 49ers, Brees took a big hit, and is out of the game for now, he's been replaced by Jameis Winston.

• Options

Winston is a great quarterback until he throws an interception. If he stays away from that problem, New Orleans has not lost that much.

• Options

My goodness, this Bills game is a freakin slugfest.

• Options
    edited November 15, 2020 5:24PM

Josh Allen to Stefon Diggs, touchdown with 34 seconds left in the game! The Bills lead 30-26.

• Options
    edited November 15, 2020 5:52PM

My goodness, Kyler Murray just threw a miracle hail mary touchdown to Deandre Hopkins with 2 seconds to go in the game. Unbelievable. Cardinals win 32-30.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Touchdown Panthers!

My cat Max. Or better known as “lil Max” the rapper.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭✭✭

watched Bills-Cards in its entirety yesterday; a superb game from beginning to end.

the last play of the game serves as a paradigm of why i'm so high on Murray. i've been watching that kid do stuff like that since high school. he's makes plays, period. on that particular play, he had to be quick enough & fast enough to extend it to even get the ball off, because he very nearly got sacked. perhaps only Lamar Jackson could've escaped that predicament, but I doubt LJ would have put the ball on the money while rolling hard to his left and throwing with his right before going out of bounds. if that ball comes down a foot in any other direction i suspect the outcome would have been different. as for the catch itself, we're talking about a guy with probably the best pair of hands in the entire league. if he can get one or two mitts on the ball -- even with 6 others around -- chances are good.

Bills are a good team. Allen threw a couple of picks (and honestly should have thrown two more but Patrick Peterson doesn't know how to catch a football), but i like what i saw out of him. he can extend plays a la Murray and is going to be a good one for years. the toss to Diggs was a dime. definitely needs help in the running game though to compliment his skill set. Buffalo's red zone D was very good until Kyler's feet got involved. their kicker is otherworldly. wouldn't at all mind seeing the Bills go deep in the playoffs -- i've been to that city before and i'm convinced they have the most ardent fan base around.

• Options

Took a miracle to beat the Bills. If it wasn’t for a Hail Mary ( it’s called that cause they throw up a prayer) the talk would be Josh Allen’s game winning drive with 34 seconds left. Sh$t happens, I’m not bitter. I’m elated the bills are a playoff team. They learn from last year’s playoff loss and they’ll learn from this. Congratulations to the Cardinals

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2020 4:50PM

I’m taking a week off from watching any type of talk show, replay show, NFL show because every minute of every show I have to see over and over and over and over the replay of a 1 in a 1000 success play. I guess it was a perfectly planned play and will be incorporated into every drive every time Arizona reached the 50. The talking heads are acting like Arizona actually deserved to win a game throwing up a prayer. Ok I get it. It was a fluke. Ok move TF on already

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2020 1:10PM

i definitely detect some bitterness ^, but i get it. if the Bears were any good this season and lost a game like that, i'd break something then vomit all over whatever it was that i broke. if you want to deem it a miracle, fine. but it required extreme athleticism on both ends for that miracle to come to fruition, and there's no disputing that.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    i definitely detect some bitterness ^, but i get it. if the Bears were any good this season and lost a game like that, i'd break something then vomit all over whatever it was that i broke. if you want to deem it a miracle, fine. but it required extreme athleticism on both ends for that miracle to come to fruition, and there's no disputing that.

Nah I’m not bitter at all. Honestly when you lose 4 Super Bowls in a row nothing, and I mean nothing bothers you in sports any longer. The wife doesn’t hide sharp objects. I turned it off and started dinner.
    If not for that fluke, miracle, prayer (lol) all we would be talking about is Josh Allen leading the Bills on a 4th quarter comeback and the absolute dime he threw to Diggs.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2020 1:37PM

if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas

if you want to be agitated that Allen didn't receive his just due, then be agitated at one.....two.....three Bills who failed to make a play on the ball. quick, name the last time you saw a PI call in the end zone on a hail mary on the final play of a game. here's some help: the next time will be the first time. so assault the guy if you have to. do ANYTHING to prevent DeAndre Hopkins from getting his hands on the football, because you'll more than likely lose the game if you allow that to happen.

lesson learned.

• Options

I think we can all agree its games like Bill-Cardinals that make football so great and so much fun to watch.
    Except I didn't get to watch it, #$@%!!! Had to settle for the highlights.
    Looks like the future is bright for fans of both teams as two of the best young QB's battled it out.
    But it is a shame for the Bills as their defenders should have made a play on that hail mary.

• Options

So what’s the opinion on tonight’s game? Arizona going into Seattle after a big win Sunday. Seattle lost last 2 and if they lose to Arizona it’s a sweep. This might decide the division. Any predictions?

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    So what’s the opinion on tonight’s game? Arizona going into Seattle after a big win Sunday. Seattle lost last 2 and if they lose to Arizona it’s a sweep. This might decide the division. Any predictions?

For me, it's a flip of the coin. It could really go either way. I expect a hard fought battle.

• Options

@2dueces said:

i would expect Seattle to rebound.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@2dueces said:

i would expect Seattle to rebound.

I'm with thisistheshow.
    Russell Wilson is a fierce competitor. And you know he can't be happy about the way he and his team
    have played the last couple of games. So I expect a strong performance, at least from the offense. LOL.
    The defense I don't know? :#

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,593 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought the Cards were going g to win this and send Seattle on a tailspin. Larry Fitzgerald had an 8 catch night, I hope he sticks around and breaks Jerry Rice all time receptions record

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I thought the Cards were going g to win this and send Seattle on a tailspin. Larry Fitzgerald had an 8 catch night, I hope he sticks around and breaks Jerry Rice all time receptions record

Jerry Rice, by all accounts, was a methodical practitioner of his craft. Much like Brady. I was quite disappointed in Rice's take on Tom Brady and the cheating accusations. Particularly in light of his admission of illegally using "stickum".

• Options
    edited November 22, 2020 11:05AM

Oh wow, Teddy Bridgewater is out for the Pantgers today, we have P.J. Walker, the XFL quarterback today. Wow.