Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

September 2020 Purchases! Show us what you got!

Comments

• Options
    BJY83BJY83 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    @KendallCat - kinda both of what you mentioned. Will be a dedicated catalog so will walk away with a keepsake.

I can't wait to see your collection. Have they told you when that auction will be run?

Brian

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2020 3:30PM

UFFDAH...

When will the auction take place? Any 1960s wax packs? I am looking forward to seeing part of your amazing collection! Quite an honor to have a dedicated catalog and well deserving from what I have seen from you on this site!

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vagabond said:
    This was not a purchase but a return from a recent submission. Got this one signed in person earlier this year. Pop 1

full "w" soto too. nice.

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

this delivered yesterday. pop 2, none higher. I have one at PSA now but after seeing the back on this one, I doubt ill be able to out grade it. black border on the backs are tough. wouldn't surprise me if this resubbed for a 10.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    edited September 13, 2020 11:31AM

normally they say "what's up doc" but in this case doc is what's up.

• Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2020 9:19PM

Thanks re the 53T. Yours would definitely look at home in a higher grade holder. Was not I on the 52T at HA. That sig on that 52T was stunning yet the discoloration or blotch in the eye on that specimen would get to me. I am prepared to never wind up landing a 51B or 52T signed as they so rarely come up and so few exist to begin with. I feel lucky just to have the 59T, since so few have sold since 2008 per VCP and it is the second rarest I think of the basic issues after the 52T.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options

Awe, you'll get them Matty. It's a marathon, not a race. You know this. I got faith.

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

I self submitted these over a few subs. 7/8 Josh Allen PSA 10. For some reason I was on the Josh Allen/Sam Darnold train every time I opened Optic regardless of which configuration or where I bought the boxes. I had probably 20 of each in various versions from all of the Optic I broke.

After that classic choke job by my Lions, I might have to join Bills Mafia. Go Josh!

Mike
  • Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Added my 10th black to my Phillies team set

currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lwehlers said:

three more psa 9 hall of fame cards for my 83 set.

If 37 years ago you had to guess which card here would be of a HoFer in 2020, no one would have been right.

• Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 869 ✭✭✭✭✭

@daltex said:

@lwehlers said:

three more psa 9 hall of fame cards for my 83 set.

If 37 years ago you had to guess which card here would be of a HoFer in 2020, no one would have been right.

i included rose to my set because he is my opinion. i have all three of his cards in psa 9.

• Options
    edited September 14, 2020 6:53PM

Never thought I’d buy an OC card but these signed cards are a fascinating realm. I was looking at the 1958 Mick and it occurred to me that the layout of this card won’t really aesthetically accommodate a wide, dark sharpie auto. So I looked on VCP and sure enough saw only one or two I liked— and decided ballpoint was definitely the move for my eye, as it wouldn’t consume the central image.

• Options
    edited September 14, 2020 7:30PM

Indeed these are crazy times! I promise if I ever see a centered ballpoint ‘58 I will upgrade ;)

• Options
    edited September 14, 2020 7:37PM

Thats exactly what I was trying to get at w these auto cards. Sometimes, scratch that, most of the times you gotta push your normal criteria to the side and pull the trigger, as you may never even have the chance to upgrade.

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Recent pickup of the Minister of Defense - REGGIE WHITE.

Fierce Defensive End/competitor and the catalyst to the resurgence of the Packers.

Other HOF'ers shown are Walter Payton and Andre Tippett (BACK). Roger Craig wasn't too shabby himself.

A cool video of Reggie White - #7 Top 100 NFL's Greatest Players

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fxH0MoruQLk

• Options

@UFFDAH said:
    Recent pickup of the Minister of Defense - REGGIE WHITE.

Fierce Defensive End/competitor and the catalyst to the resurgence of the Packers.

Other HOF'ers shown are Walter Payton and Andre Tippett (BACK). Roger Craig wasn't too shabby himself.

A cool video of Reggie White - #7 Top 100 NFL's Greatest Players

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fxH0MoruQLk

great unopened pack thankfully the white was not covered up.

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MLBdays said:
    @DM23HOF ...I never thought I'd see you buy an O/C card..... what is this world coming to? A crushing blow and disappointing indeed.

I am quitting collecting. Matt with a card that is not centered. Here we thought Covid was bad but this is even worse.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KendallCat said:

@MLBdays said:
    @DM23HOF ...I never thought I'd see you buy an O/C card..... what is this world coming to? A crushing blow and disappointing indeed.

I am quitting collecting. Matt with a card that is not centered. Here we thought Covid was bad but this is even worse.

Sorry to hear you are quitting.

Please send me your Mickey Mantle cards.

😉😂

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

Got a PSA submission back and hit the jackpot I think on this one? I believe it’s the only 10, anyone have any idea of its value these days? I know the other Shaq finest moments auto refractor card in the set sold for $2k a few months ago.

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stwainfan said:
    I got Rich.

I think you got goosed.

• Options

just got this one today.

• Options

I don’t gamble in Vegas as much I used to. I threw down a few bucks to buy 16 of these Rolen rookie cards. He had a better career than I realized.

Mike
  • Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@flatfoot816 said:
    Ok I'll play too...always wanted 1 of these and figured the Fritsch Vault was as good as it gets with provenance. Timing was right---

Wooow nice!!

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

another 61 for the registry:

• Options
    kobefan1kobefan1 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭

My first ever mantle autograph

• Options
    DJJazzBassDJJazzBass Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

Charley Conerly & Lamar Hunt autographs on sports magazine pages.
    Next is to get them authenticated.

Hey Moose! Rocco! Help the Judge find his checkbook, will ya!
  • Options

Vlad the original

• Options
    LGCLGC Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

Local pick up

• Options

not necessarily cards, but card related and make sorting and organization a whole lot easier:

• Options

blurryface - underrated skill. I'm glad the OCD is strong in all of us.

Mike