Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

September 2020 Purchases! Show us what you got!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    dad2cl3dad2cl3 Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    Donnie.

Working on a set?

Jason

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dad2cl3 said:

Donnie.

Working on a set?

Jason

Oddly enough, no. Though I suppose I could/should, right? Nostalgia, I guess. I had both card and the folders for school for 88 n 89...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@dad2cl3 said:

Donnie.

Working on a set?

Jason

Oddly enough, no. Though I suppose I could/should, right? Nostalgia, I guess. I had both card and the folders for school for 88 n 89...

Heck yeah!!!

Jason

• Options

Also...low grade but sweet looking. The pinholes you can't really see from front are clear on the reverse. Still, great eye appeal for a not so easy to find item...

1966 New York Yankees Picture Pack Photo Mickey Mantle (Color)

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

Adding to my HOF rookie collection.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭

@dad2cl3 said:

Donnie.

Working on a set?

Jason

Me too! I remember those folders and how excited I was when I saw them when school supply shopping.

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

@yankeesman said:

@dad2cl3 said:

Donnie.

Working on a set?

Jason

Me too! I remember those folders and how excited I was when I saw them when school supply shopping.

Take it easy guys, you are going to coerce me into buying a Mattingly hitman poster for nostalgias sake! I had one hanging in my room in the late 80's. B)

• Options

@maddux69 said:

@yankeesman said:

@dad2cl3 said:

Donnie.

Working on a set?

Jason

Take it easy guys, you are going to coerce me into buying a Mattingly hitman poster for nostalgias sake! I had one hanging in my room in the late 80's. B)

Happy to say I still have the Mattingly t-shirt that I bought outside the Stadium in 1993 and it still fits!!!

Jason

• Options

@maddux69 said:

@yankeesman said:

@dad2cl3 said:

Donnie.

Working on a set?

Jason

WHAT?

Do it! do it! do it!

• Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

@brad31 said:

A really nice group of '65 O-Pee-Chees from another message board. Continuing my quest to buy more off Ebay. Really think these are priced super low for how few have been graded. Happy to add them to my collection and will likely pick up some more from this set. Already had a Mays before getting these.

Colors are much stronger than the scans are showing (and actually are extremely vibrant - moreso than on '65 Topps). Upgraded the software on my Mac and Epson Scan is no longer supported. EPSON has you download Silverfast for free but have not figured out how to get the colors right. Might have to invest in Photoshop to correct them.

I have been having a similar issue with my Epson on my Mac. If you find a solution please let us know

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 30, 2020 7:57AM

@brad31 said:
    Colors are much stronger than the scans are showing (and actually are extremely vibrant - moreso than on '65 Topps). Upgraded the software on my Mac and Epson Scan is no longer supported. EPSON has you download Silverfast for free but have not figured out how to get the colors right. Might have to invest in Photoshop to correct them.

@Frozencaribou and @brad31
    Epson software is still supported on Windows, so I haven’t had any of these issues yet. To improve the vibrancy of the scans, I would go take your current scans and run them through paint.net. If you have a windows PC, download it for free at https://getpaint.net/download.html. If you only have mac you could try Pinta at https://pinta-project.com/. I have never used it...

In Paint.net open your image and go to Adjustments then to Brightness/Contrast and bump the contrast up to 20. It has deeper colors now. There may be other tweaks you can try to improve it.

Here is the result (contrast at 20) as a GIF so you can see the difference. Challenge always is that you don't want to over process it and make it not look natural.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:

@brad31 said:

@Frozencaribou and @brad31
    Epson software is still supported on Windows, so I haven’t had any of these issues yet. To improve the vibrancy of the scans, I would go take your current scans and run them through paint.net. If you have a windows PC, download it for free at https://getpaint.net/download.html. If you only have mac you could try Pinta at https://pinta-project.com/. I have never used it...

In Paint.net open your image and go to Adjustments then to Brightness/Contrast and bump the contrast up to 20. It has deeper colors now. There may be other tweaks you can try to improve it.

Here is the result (contrast at 20) as a GIF so you can see the difference. Challenge always is that you don't want to over process it and make it not look natural.

Thank you Nic for the help! I looked at your manual and used it to set the settings on the Silverfast software. I will try pinta and if that doesn’t work may buy photoshop the colors either look very washed out or over processed with everything I try in Silverfast. Your scans look incredible and that McCovey looks much more like the card after you fixed it.

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

Picked up just about all of the Mattingly cards for 2020 Stadium Club.

Base
    Black and White
    Black Foil
    Chrome Base
    Chrome Gold Minted (case hit)
    Chrome Orange #/99
    Chrome Refractor
    Image Variation
    Rainbow Foil #/25
    Red Foil
    Sepia
    Box Loader

Blue Foil #/50 and Member's Only (case hit) are still on their way to me.

Still missing First Day Issue and Photographer's Proof. I don't expect to get the two 1/1 cards that are out there, I haven't been that lucky yet.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black