Home Precious Metals
Options

̶$̶1̶9̶0̶0̶ ̶$̶2̶0̶0̶0̶ ̶$̶2̶5̶0̶0̶ ̶$̶5̶0̶0̶0̶ ̶$̶1̶8̶0̶0̶ ̶$̶1̶9̶0̶0̶ $1800 Gold??

Comments

• Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:
    Your "previous guy" created $9T in debt and damn near bankrupt this great nation.

You obviously have no idea who creates national debt. There should be a minimum knowledge level along with a minimum age to be able to vote.

Yup...its best to blame the janitor for aftermath of the party. Lol

When the janitor is the only person that can authorize the party, that would be the reasonable conclusion...

Oh - and Lol

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

Consider the possibility that Russia will soon demand payment in gold for it's oil and gas exports. . . and its affect on the price of gold. :o

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said: “ Consider the possibility that Russia will soon demand payment in gold for it's oil and gas exports. . . and its affect on the price of gold.”

Not likely. In a very short time, China is likely to be the main market for Russian oil and gas, and the Russians will (of necessity) accept yuan.

Higashiyama
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    Consider the possibility that Russia will soon demand payment in gold for it's oil and gas exports. . . and its affect on the price of gold. :o

Yup. China can afford to pay for Russian Oil via Gold. Question is, do they want to.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13, 2022 6:12AM

@taxmad said:

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:
    Your "previous guy" created $9T in debt and damn near bankrupt this great nation.

You obviously have no idea who creates national debt. There should be a minimum knowledge level along with a minimum age to be able to vote.

When the janitor is the only person that can authorize the party, that would be the reasonable conclusion...

Oh - and Lol

Janitors dont authorize parties. Did the janitor authorize closing down the streets for the big block party? Did the janitors authorize handing out koolaid to the partiers? Did the janitor tell everyone they will get PTO to attend the party?

Nope....but they do ALWAYS have to do the cleanup.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

China is likely to be the main market for Russian oil and gas, and the Russians will (of necessity) accept yuan.

That's a synergy which will reduce demand for dollars, and could (and probably will) draw other major countries into that sphere and away from the dollar.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said: That's a synergy which will reduce demand for dollars, and could (and probably will) draw other major countries into that sphere and away from the dollar.

I can think of the following major countries that won’t be drawn into a reserve currency scheme led by China: US, UK, Canada, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Germany, and France. Which ones do you think will be drawn in?

Higashiyama
  • Options

Which ones do you think will be drawn in?

India, Brazil, Saudi, Iran................

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

1900 gold!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yawn, they've been talking about the death of the dollar my entire lifetime. Guessing demand will continue going nowhere but up. RGDS!

PS: The same goes for Gold. THKS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    edited March 13, 2022 5:55PM

@blitzdude said:
    Yawn, they've been talking about the death of the dollar my entire lifetime. Guessing demand will continue going nowhere but up. RGDS!

You fail to realize that by demanding twice as many dollars for a gallon of gas than six months ago the dollar is worth half as much as it was six months ago. Demand for more dollars for the same grocery cart of food is a sign that the dollar is dying.

Current international events are expediting its death as the world's reigning currency. The dollar's strength and ensured longevity has for decades been dependent on it's role in the world economy. By requiring other nations to use if for international trade, even if the trade was not with the US, it created international need for dollars keeping the dollar strong. It's dominance on the world stage has been enforced by a strong military around the globe to "convince" those who considered other international payment alternatives to stick with the dollar. Foreign users of the dollar are now having a wider range in alternative payment methods thanks to the lead taken by countries too powerful or too large to invade.

Domestically we are stuck with it's declining ability to purchase. Look for more zeros to be added to the notes. lol

PS: It also now takes more dollars to buy gold.

• Options

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:

Domestically we are stuck with it's declining ability to purchase. Look for more zeros to be added to the notes. lol

Turns out I'm already a Trillionare. Bring it.

Stopped buying awhile back (except for a few euro bullion pieces) Too rich for my blood. If she dips the powder is ready. RGDS!

• Options
    edited March 13, 2022 6:24PM

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

World is moving away from oil and their weaponry seems quite antiquated.

Oil demand is here to stay, prices confirm this. Weaponry antiquated? Gone in a flash.

All this translates into even stronger alliances for the US and its allies which bodes well for the dollar.

Come winter the EU will fold like a cheap suit, if not before then. Bluffs don't work, the guy is smarter than that and it appears prepared as well.

Well, that didn't take long. EU summit ends: No Russian oil sanctions

• Options

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:

You fail to realize that by demanding twice as many dollars for a gallon of gas than six months ago the dollar is worth half as much as it was six months ago. Demand for more dollars for the same grocery cart of food is a sign that the dollar is dying.

Current international events are expediting its death as the world's reigning currency. The dollar's strength and ensured longevity has for decades been dependent on it's role in the world economy. By requiring other nations to use if for international trade, even if the trade was not with the US, it created international need for dollars keeping the dollar strong. It's dominance on the world stage has been enforced by a strong military around the globe to "convince" those who considered other international payment alternatives to stick with the dollar. Foreign users of the dollar are now having a wider range in alternative payment methods thanks to the lead taken by countries too powerful or too large to invade.

Taking less the last two trading days.

Gold down - dollar up? It must be if we can buy more gold than on Thursday.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

.> @MsMorrisine said:

Gold down - dollar up? It must be if we can buy more gold than on Thursday.

Good time to dump dollars. lol

• Options

@jmski52 said:
    Which ones do you think will be drawn in?

India, Brazil, Saudi, Iran................

Here ya go jmski. India will use rupees to buy Russian oil---at a discount!!! You know how much oil India annually buys from Russia? An amount equal to the revenue of WalMart---in one day. Lol

I showed you earlier that 95% of the world combined, doesnt equal the GDP of the USA.

https://www.reuters.com/world/india/india-considers-buying-discounted-russian-oil-commodities-officials-say-2022-03-14/

And BTW---if oil can be traded at a discount, why couldnt gold?

• Options

And then, there's Germany.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

@taxmad said:

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:

Oh - and Lol

Janitors dont authorize parties. Did the janitor authorize closing down the streets for the big block party? Did the janitors authorize handing out koolaid to the partiers? Did the janitor tell everyone they will get PTO to attend the party?

Presidents don't authorize spending either...

• Options

Gold down hard, but palladium down harder

• Options

@taxmad said:

@cohodk said:

@taxmad said:

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:

Oh - and Lol

They do have veto power. But they like to party too

• Options
    edited March 14, 2022 11:33AM

@cohodk said:

@taxmad said:

@cohodk said:

@taxmad said:

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:

Oh - and Lol

and congress has the power to prevent/block a veto. Civics 101, sign up.

• Options

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

@taxmad said:

@cohodk said:

@taxmad said:

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:

Oh - and Lol

Exactly comrade. Funny how everytime you say its the Fed s fault, and I correct you by saying its Congresses fault, i get an LOL from you and taxmad. But now you agree.

I love this place!!!

• Options
    edited March 14, 2022 5:20PM

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

Exactly comrade. Funny how everytime you say its the Fed s fault, and I correct you by saying its Congresses fault, i get an LOL from you and taxmad. But now you agree.

I love this place!!!

As I stated earlier in this thread, Congress is responsible for the high national debt (spending). It is the FED's fault for providing them the means (funny money creation) to spend what they do not have and for helping them keep the interest cost down on that debt with low interest rates. Unfortunately both of these FED actions have had spelled disaster for the consumer and for the economy.

Civics class, baby. It will be worth it. And please take her with you.

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

https://fiscaldata.treasury.gov/

Interesting stuff including Daily Treasury Statement.

• Options
    edited March 15, 2022 1:26PM

Gold down $180 in 5 days. Was up $180 in the 5 days prior.

Nice volatility. 😉💋

Agian, dont blame the janitor for having to clean up after the party and remember, it is you, that elects the partiers.

• Options

@cohodk said:

Nice volatility. 😉💋

Agian, dont blame the janitor for having to clean up after the party and remember, it is you, that elects the partiers.

I'll probably buy some more at the end of the month. THANKS!

• Options
    edited March 15, 2022 6:18PM

@cohodk said:

Nice volatility. 😉💋

Sign up for a math class as well. Gold is down $55.25 over the past five trading days and it was up $40.40 in the five days prior. Volatility is slowly picking up with all of the international uncertainty but it is far from "nice."

• Options
    edited March 16, 2022 3:14AM

Fear and uncertainty drive the demand/price of gold. Also a reflection of the demand and value of the currency buying the gold.

• Options
    edited March 16, 2022 2:54AM

As PM prices rise look for CME Group to use its nuclear option (as it has done in previous PM price spikes) and raise the margin requirements for futures contracts. This in turn reduces the demand and spot price for PMs in the futures markets.

Also look for the London Bullion Market Assocation (LBMA) and COMEX to soon experience shortages of physical metals as sanctions have cut off the six Russian suppliers of approved precious metal bars to their vaults. Russia exported 51.8 tons of gold in the first quarter of 2021 alone. Also look for existing Russian branded and marked bars in LBMA and COMEX vaults to carry a "Scarlet Letter" as they will become hard to dispose of in the secondary market and will likely require melting and re-fabrication/assaying by subsequent owners who take delivery of them. I imagine they will be the first out of the door of the LBMA and COMEX vaults. If so, this will likely result in a temporary reduction in delivery demand as contract holders will consider them a hot potato.

As noted in the link in the previous post, increased internal gold demand in Russia will absorb much of this now available gold. China's Shanghai Gold Exchange (SGE) will likely continue to be a buyer of Russian metals.

• Options
    edited March 17, 2022 1:32PM

@derryb said:
    Fear and uncertainty drive the demand/price of gold. Also a reflection of the demand and value of the currency buying the gold.

Yikes, glad I'm not one of them commie Russkis. My gold is getting a bit cheaper in my currencies. Thanks to my guy. Semper Fi!

• Options
    edited March 17, 2022 10:27AM

There’s now proposed legislation in the U.S. Senate to freeze gold reserves held by the Central Bank of Russia in Russia. LOL, the only way to freeze gold is to put it in the freezer and the US has no way, short of war, of putting it's hands on Russian gold. It took a war in the Ukraine for the US to liberate steal Ukrainian gold by flying it to US vaults. It's stacked next to Libya's gold in the "temporay" vault. LOL

As the world-wide sanctions grow and meet counter-sanctions, international trade will slow and in some cases end. Citizens of the world will suffer simply because of the highly inflated ego of two men and the puppet who finds himself stuck between them. Gold will be the only beneficiary.

• Options

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

Nice volatility. 😉💋

Sign up for a math class as well. Gold is down $55.25 over the past five trading days and it was up $40.40 in the five days prior. Volatility is slowly picking up with all of the international uncertainty but it is far from "nice."

Haha. Silly Comrade. You wrong again When will you learn?

• Options

Just goes to show you, picking a chart is no different than picking a point on a chart to have a chart agree with you.

• Options

Gold always slightly beats inflation. You won't get "rich" trading it, but it's reliable.

• Options

@collector789 said:
    Gold always slightly beats inflation. You won't get "rich" trading it, but it's reliable.

consider it dollar protection

• Options

@derryb said:
    Just goes to show you, picking a chart is no different than picking a point on a chart to have a chart agree with you.

No. I stated a fact and backed it up. You disputed it and lost. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

• Options

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

No. I stated a fact and backed it up. You disputed it and lost. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Win, Lose? Quit trying to make everything about "I win." It only confirms you're a narcissist. Posting comments/opions should not be a competition.

The Kitco chart/data I posted confirmed my comments and disputed your claim. Period.

• Options

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

Win, Lose? Quit trying to make everything about "I win." It only confirms you're a narcissist. Posting comments/opions should not be a competition.

The Kitco chart/data I posted confirmed my comments and disputed your claim. Period.

Haha . You initiated the challenge.
    I accepted and i won .

Stay in your lane bro.

💋💋💋

• Options
    edited March 20, 2022 7:45PM

more narcissism. Inferiority complex? small hands?

• Options

@derryb said:
    more narcissism. Inferiority complex? small hands?

Your guy had the small hands, not his guy. This place is getting stranger by the minute. LOL

• Options
    edited March 26, 2022 9:42AM

The stars are aligning for gold.

Good bye globalization.

• Options

@derryb said:

Good bye globalization.

Isnt that what we want?

• Options

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

Good bye globalization.

Isnt that what we want?

Not me

Big business globalization will be hard to rid ourselves from

How does one procure input materials if not in country?

• Options

US Mint has seen the strongest demand for gold bullion in 23 years, sells 426K ounces in the first quarter of 2022.

• Options

Only 15K more than the 1st quarter of 2021. Must be the Russkis piling on although highly unlikely. Read somewhere else they are only paying $1,600ozt. lol

• Options
    edited April 4, 2022 7:11PM

@blitzdude said:
    Must be the Russkis piling on although highly unlikely. Read somewhere else they are only paying $1,600ozt. lol

That was their introductory offer. Sorry if you didn't get in on it but since you instead likely over paid guess we'll just have to get used to it being called a gutter metal. LOL

Only 15K more than the 1st quarter of 2021.

Doesn't matter if it's one more, still strongest demand in 23 years. Almost only counts with hand grenades. Strait from the coho school of marginalizing the facts - distract. lol

• Options

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:
    Must be the Russkis piling on although highly unlikely. Read somewhere else they are only paying $1,600ozt. lol

That was their introductory offer. Sorry if you didn't get in on it but since you instead likely over paid guess we'll just have to get used to it being called a gutter metal. LOL

Gold? LOL Gold is far from a gutter metal. I have plenty and guess what, I haven't bought any directly from the mint in AT LEAST 23 years. Enjoy your new bunker life in Russia. Take Q with ya. GD LK!

• Options

Gold? LOL Gold is far from a gutter metal. I have plenty and guess what, I haven't bought any directly from the mint in AT LEAST 23 years. Enjoy your new bunker life in Russia. Take Q with ya. GD LK!

I'm puzzled. What are your reasons for owning gold if you think that gov.com and the banking cartel that run things here are so great at looking out for your interests as a citizen? Why are you holed up and going Galt with self-?reliance if you are so gung-ho about "the system"?

Just because derryb or anyone else identifies the problem as our own gov.com policies, it doesn't mean squat about what he thinks about Russia. Get a broader perspective than what you're being spoon-fed by the TV.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2022 7:13PM

gold knows no flag, neither does commons sense.

This discussion has been closed.